Gem State Staffing Employee Reviews

best place to go if you are looking for a job
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 20, 2018
Great place to go for any individual looking for a career or to get some fast cash. Fun staff, organized and knowledgable in the industries they work in. Overall a great place to go for your next opportunity.
Flexible and Steady Work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 3, 2018
Gem State Staffing is a give and take company. The employer/worker relationship is a team effort where the workers success in the company is directly related to his willingness to perform. So long as you are a hard worker, Gem State will always be a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Variety of Work, Ample Opportunity
Cons
No Advancement Without Permanent Placement
Stressful and strenuous
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 15, 2018
Working for a staffing agency is extremely hard. Constantly being switched from job to job and being expected to know everything you had to do in those specific jobs was a terrible experience. They viewed employees as tools rather than people with lunch breaks on average being very short. I'd only suggest this as a last resort for someone looking for a job since they hire everybody that comes in their doors.
Cons
short lunch breaks
productive
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Simplot, IDJanuary 22, 2018
provided me with consistent work, and good pay, the work environment I was positive. management was great in resolving any issues, they provided me with a set schedule
Pros
provided work uniforms
Cons
no work benefits
Good temp work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 29, 2017
Gem state found me work when I had failed to do so on my own for a long time. It wasn't glamorous or easy work, but it was pay when I really needed it. The staff was helpful and hard working, always up front about the jobs they offered. One of those jobs led to a permanent full-time position. Hours and job types varied, from less than 10 hours a week to full time, from heavy manual labor to driving.
managers aree rude
Worker (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 30, 2017
managers treat people as a whole when they should treat them as individuals. not very organzied sometimes took over an houjr to pick uo paychecks, bad service
It was definitely worth it.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 30, 2017
I would definitely recommend Gem State to anyone who asked about it. They call you everyday to see if you can make it in to work or not, so you can kind of choose the days you work. They are very understanding also.
just a job placing place
Staffing place (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDOctober 27, 2017
dislike was not helping at all . they would not have a job for me . and they fried me before they told me .............................................
It was a competitive working enviorment.
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDSeptember 14, 2017
it was okay for a temp job. but other than that there was nothing to great or professional about the place as far as finding a good paying job so I could support my family
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
not permanent and low pay
Disinterested
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 30, 2017
I was told by a client I was dispatched to that my pay was supposed to be higher than what I was receiving. When I spoke to management about this, I was told to not complain, and "leave emotions out of work:.
Pros
work was available
Cons
horrible communication, Jeremiah, and no care about workers.
Promise jobs but then don't provide work for you
Temp (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 18, 2017
I worked with them for over a year. I had one full time job with them but was let go from that job when my son was hospitalized. I was unable to get any sort of reliable work load from them again after that. There were times that I might only get 8hrs/month. I tried talking to management multiple times and they didn't seem to care and didn't do anything to remedy the problem.
Pros
its an employer
Cons
if you don't want to get much work, work here
Fun Workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Boise IdahoAugust 2, 2017
People are Great at Gem State Staffing. Theyre Nice When You Go In They Find Great Places For You To Work In, the Enviornment Is Great. Would Definiatly Recomend Gem State Staffing
Fun place to work
Senior Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 14, 2017
This is a fun place to work but not much advancement. Pretty much the highest you will get is a branch manager and the pay and hours are not very good but still a good company to work for.
Leader in Temporary Job placements
Certified Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 28, 2017
Very helpful in matching Jobs with skills and qualified members to job placement designated with knowledge to the position an applicant is applying for.. Great team management and Guidance.
Pros
better pay
Cons
hard Labor
busy labor work place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 20, 2017
amazing labor job. they make sure your busy and always helps you to fine a job and pay every week which helps big time even when you dont get paid that much
Pros
busy
Cons
short breaks
This is a temp service
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 10, 2016
This is a temp service and is not meant to be something permanent. Often, the people who work here are students, parolee's, and youth. However, the work is steady.
Pros
availability
Cons
low wages
Good place for jobs
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, ID & Nampa, idahoNovember 6, 2016
They found jobs for me in a very timely manner. I depend on them. I enjoyed working for them. They always came thru for me. I will continue to use them.
Very fun job
Advertisement Driver (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 6, 2016
I would show up early for my shift to secure a sign to the roof of my car for Ashley's Furniture Warehouse. Then I would lead two other drivers on a designated route through town to advertise the sign and draw in business. I was reimbursed for gas daily. The hardest part of the job was that it was only three days a week and couldn't be a permanent position.
Pros
Gas reimburment
Cons
Very part-time
good work environment
Forklift Operator/ Packaging (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 10, 2016
they are great people to work for and with and work hard to find you a job that works for you. I would recommend them as a good stepping stone to finding a permanent or full-time work.
Pros
good work
Cons
not always temp. hire
Great job for temporary jobs
Temp Agent (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 26, 2016
I would recommend this to anyone in a bind, they have a nice hiring process and will find you work when you can't find work anywhere else. They do not guarantee you will find a job, but they do their best to find you work so that you can survive. They are a good business with amazing staff who are very friendly and will work with you as long as you have a good attitude. Overall it's nice for when you need work to make money to keep on your feet.
Pros
Provides you work
Cons
Work isn't guaranteed, some of the jobs are very difficult manual labor, a lot of the people you will work with have issues