GEM TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Personnel Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 29, 2018
This company truly looks out for their employees. The company is small but they always try to make sure their employees are taken care of. They recognize that taking care of their employees means more efficiency, more production, and better reviews for the company. Their supervisors work hard with the client to ensure that their employees are treated fairly and equally (as equal as possible being a contractor) all while still maintaining the professionalism needed to provide the client with the best possible service.
Pros
Promote from within, annual and annual performance evaluations raises
Cons
Odd paydays
Perspective
(Security Assistant) (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2017
I worked at GEM tech for almost a year and the opportunities to advance are not easy. The pay is pretty bad. I would recommend this job to someone young. If you hold a clearance apply.
Great Place
Personnel Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2017
A great, busy, and interesting place to work.
You are always learning something new everyday.
Coworkers are very help and friendly.
Will pick the tasks every quick and well
Management and coworkers
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 26, 2017
The company is great to work for, always learning new ways to advance productivity, and management are willing to help in your growth to achieve team efforts. I had to learn a new skills in a different area of work that I was use to and when you have great leadership that are will to make it happen for you it is helpful. My coworkers are also a great bunch that are team player to get the mission done. I feel humble to work for Gem Technology and would refer someone to join us.
Pros
Benefits, workable schedule, and acknowledge with rewards
Cons
Lunch times
Very productive and functonal work enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 1, 2016
All around I enjoyed working for them and the pay was good. They allow you to work at your own pace to get the work done they just let you know what you need to do and set you off.
Pros
They really allow you to work at your own pace and get it done
Cons
Sometimes they switch work sites suddenly
A workplace where the President was eager to have each employee advance to the next level.
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2016
Checking emails, billing clients and sending out invoices. Responsible for time sheets and payroll for engineers and salesforce. I learned Quickbooks, Citrix and cloud technology which was enjoyable but the most was planning client facing events and client appreciation events all of which generated new business for the firm. The hardest part of the job was keeping 100's upon 100's of records for each client and vendor via Quickbooks maintaining accuracy to the penny for every dollar made and spent.
Pros
Frequent fun client facing events, room for growth, room to network and generate more money for ourselves and the firm.
Cons
Low pay
Good company
Personnel Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
I'm learning a lot but feel that I'm being trained to do work that I'm not getting paid to do. Benefits are expensive and not a lot of room for promotion at my location. I do like the leave policy and my bosses are nice.
Very Unprofessional
PSS (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2015
They won a contract by drastically underbidding all others without fully understanding what they were bidding for. They ultimately cut salaries by more than 40% without regard to the lives they ruined!
- did not have a healthcare plan in place
- no tuition assistance
- poor choice of on site managers
- lack of concern for employees well-being
Ok Company
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 2, 2012
Overall, GEM was alright to work for as a Superintendent but they needed to look out for the employees more than they do.