Gemaire Distributors Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
High school politics all over again
Corporate. (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 28, 2018
Where did all the grownups go? Very clique-ish. Office politics made my stomach churn. No room for promotion. Pays less than national average even when you have necessary experience.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Overtime
Fast Paced
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 25, 2018
If you are an excellent multitasker and like a fast paced environment, this job is for you. It's challenging during the peak season and can be quite stressful.
Pros
Overtime available in the summer season
Cons
Can be quite stressful and 'ok' health benefits.
Poorly ran branch
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 21, 2018
The work isn't hard at all, but...... The way the day to day operations are handled is chaotic. There's no structure in delivery planning, there's no communication between sales people and management, customer request aren't passed on to delivery drivers so you're left to "assume" which order to run your route. I can honestly say this was one of the most poorly ran companies I've ever worked for. If you're looking for a paycheck and not a career then it may work out for you.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
To many to list
Competitive Corporate Culture
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 2, 2018
Senior management seem to be more focused on their short strategies and goals for self promotion with no vision for long term objectives and sustained profitability. Saw a number of bone head decisions being made by inexperienced young executives in positions where they were not qualified to make decisions. See a definite decline in interest to maintain valued relationships with long term customers.
Pros
Its a pay check
Cons
Culture is more focused on the efficiency rather than quality.
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2018
its a good place to work for, the customers are great. the work enviroment is fast paste. the job was very easy and a lot of fun. i enjoyed coming to work every day.
good workplace
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 23, 2018
good workplace environment great people to be around always laid back as long as your work got done, the room for advancement is not really here once your in a position your there
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
low pay, no room for development
Its a job not a career
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Worst place to work
You are not valued as an employee
Every meeting they elaborate on how much money the company is making yet there's no raise nor bonus for the millions in revenue..
Pros
Only my manager understands how to manage her department
Cons
They make money but no raise nor bonus... Pay rate is very low
Gemaire
Counter Sales/ Delivery Driver / Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 2, 2017
This is not a good place to work! PERIOD! Managers need training in every aspect. The culture of this company is unjust and unfair. worked at two locations and they were both the same.
Very well managed
Inside sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2017
This company is very well managed, both on a local level as well as at a corporate level. Gemaire Distributors has create a workplace that though busy is enjoyable and satisfying, I was unhappy to move away and leave Gemaire in Orlando, FL
Pros
Great benefits, work enviroment
Cons
Can be stressful on busy days
Na
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLSeptember 2, 2017
It's a great place to work. If you know a lot about ACs and units and this is the job for you. They treat you very fair and the management knows what they're doing.
hard work great customers
Warehouse worker/delivery and xpress pickup leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2017
Gemaire is always moving and always changing. During the four years I was employed there I worked for three different managers. people are always coming and going and there seems to be a problem with stability. I enjoyed working there over all because of my customers. They made all the difference to me. I worked hard and went the extra mile for them and they respected me for it and we all created and maintained a positive and enjoyable work environment for all.
Pros
great customers, one hour break, pto and central location.
Cons
expensive benefits, changing management constantly, and low pay(compared to surrounding warehouses).
Very fast paced and sink or swim
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2017
Gemaire was a very busy hard place to work where you had to keep up at all times and make sure the customers got what they needed. Despite this, the manager went out of his way to make sure things stayed fun when they got too stressful.
Pros
Fast paced and never boring
Cons
Childish customers
Good people but not good paying
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJuly 5, 2017
For the amount of work you do they do not pay as they should. They expect a lot more then what is listed in your job description. they over work their employees.
ok company
manager (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 3, 2017
its ok. corporate needs to stop micromanaging everyone. The culture is ok but they want you to do the impossible. they are not happy with good sales. they are constantly pushing for the impossible and never are satisfied.
benefits
Cons
micromanagement
Company with lots of potential
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Great coworkers, very good place to work if you are given a great territory. Product could be hard to sell at times given the competitive nature of the HVAC industry. Pricing was not always the best.
Great work plce
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 26, 2015
great job the guys I worked with made the job fun because we all bonded. We were apart of job softball teams and flag football teams so that allowed us to really get to know one another in return it made work life very fun.
Pros
great management
Cons
not enough time in a single day
great place, great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLAugust 22, 2014
Very broad scope of responsibilities made everyday go by quick. The employees were fun and up beat along with the customers.
Pros
busy enough to make day fly by
Cons
?
Good Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLApril 7, 2014
overall good company to work for. needs better compensation for employees.
Extensive travel
Operational Auditor (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach FL.November 27, 2013
I enjoy the travel of being a productive auditor and making results in the field for a public company that must follow the Sarbanes Oxley Act policies.
Pros
The employees in the field are very respective of the Auditor function, I helped create that atmosphere.
Cons
Downsizing the company
A Money Making Toy for the owners
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2013
It's a typical modern day corporation. That means, low pay, minimal raises, reduced benefits, ridiculous goals and a lot of smoke and mirrors. I took one of their branches from $3M to $10M in 3 years and they just couldn't shake out more than $42k a year. They use internal auditors to find errors in policy that then are used as justification to not give a bonus. I remember having invested in the company stock to be "a real part of the company". A few months later when stocks had gone up, a new addition to the board dumped their stocks causing many of us to lose quite a bit. That was much appreciated.