Gene Juarez Salons & Spas Employee Reviews

Pretty good for the industry
Management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2018
They give you regular reviews, which is nice. you have to work for your raise though. like every job out there, there's some gossip. lots of different levels of managment because it's pretty busy so you can always go to someone if you need help.

awesome discounts and good quality services.
Pros
good service/product discounts, pto, good quality services, if you work hard, you are compensated for it. you can make a lot here and build a career, but it isn't handed to you
Cons
clients can sometimes be really difficult to deal with
Not the greatest
Salon Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 12, 2018
Good to gain experience, but not for long term careers. Everyone is replaceable to them. They don't value the good employees. Constant turn over and lack of growth. Poor management. Very very difficult to get a pay increase.
Take this as your warning
Spa hostess (Former Employee) –  South HillMarch 8, 2018
They say that they hire from within the company, this is a lie, at least at smaller locations. They will promote their friend over someone who is actually fit for the position. All of the managers gossip in the back with the artists, and then wonder why they don’t recieve any respect from them? Most artists will treat support staff like they’re nothing, when in reality, they need us in order to stay in business. If you apply here, all I can say is good luck lol
Pros
401k, discount
Cons
Management, artists, pay
Poor leadership
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 9, 2018
The leadership at Gene Juarez Salons struggles to care for the employees, keep the salons maintained properly and make effective decisions for the business.
A slow day
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 4, 2018
A slow day at Gene Juarez is everyday my only job was to clean and refill beverage containers and clean at the end of the day, as a young man on his first job i learned an abundance of things such as how to deal with faulty management and how to maintain and proceed as a good valuable worker even when days dragged on and your boss is not in his/her "mood" or the easiest where barely anyone comes in and cleaning is vast but id say for a slow day at Gj it is not bad.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Cannot leave till everyone is gone
Keep a positive attitude to avoid NEGATIVITY
Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  South Hill, WANovember 17, 2017
Great job perks. High maintenance clientele. Sucks the life out of you because of employee gossiping and complaints from customers. If you’re good at being fake and playing “that” game, this is the place for you!! Overall, not a bad place to work if you focus on doing your job and keep a positive attitude. Don’t let the B. S. get to you :). Oh and Upper management is only concerned about themselves . . Know your boundaries!
Pros
Discounts on services
Cons
Dealing with women;)
Relaxed but ran very unprofessionally
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 1, 2017
Started working and loved the idea of being in the world of makeup and hair but overtime I started to realize the call center is exactly what I anticipated people are super disrespectful( management) I started noticing if you had a issue with someone truly that is what it is nobody cares and nothing gets done about it. There is favorites there is backstabbers etc this would be a great job for someone who likes drama and low class.... I honestly say I met some decent people there who now have moved on and I see why. If you work hard you expect to be treated as such but then again there are Haters everywhere I moved on because my blessing is yet to come good luck to you all who apply just make sure you stay to yourself at all times. God bless Smoochies 😉
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, Gossip, Drama, Etc
Not what you expect
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 29, 2017
You get hired as a certain position and then you end up working as a lower position and looked down upon if you do not want to do that job. Managers are unprofessional and favor employees.
Gene Juarez Salon & Spas
Customer Service Specialist & Spa Hostess (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2017
Working here was a different experience. I had many good and bad experiences with customers and employees. First working there management was great, then she transferred and then it went downhill.

Things were very unorganized, communication was inconsistent, and it turned to be a negative environment for me to work at.
Fun job to level up in
PREFERRED CLIENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 11, 2017
Great company, make sure things come together not only for employees but customers as well . Clean more up soul coordination with customers and their happiness.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Can get overwhelmed at times
Worst group of mangers
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 31, 2017
Managers have their favorite employees, if you aren't one of them they will treat you like trash. Employees like to gossip about other employees. Directer of call center is very sweet.
Pros
Salon and Spa discounts
Cons
Manangement
Horrible work environment; incompetent management team
Master Colorist (Former Employee) –  Northgate, WAAugust 8, 2017
This company has done nothing but slander my name and lie. I was accused of stealing and then proven innocent after being suspended for more than 2 days unpaid
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 30, 2017
Amazing apprenticeship opportunity for the right fit. Friendly coworkers and management. Job requires a lot of standing. Great learning experience. Loved interacting with customers.
Pros
customer service
Cons
a lot of standing
Fun place to work and help people
Call Center Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAApril 24, 2017
Easy people to work with, flexible hours. Management knowledge able. Hardest part of the job is repetition, easiest part of the job is helping people and data entry system.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
can be a bit tiring due to repetitive work
Great Place to gain skills and Leadership Experience
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 7, 2017
I worked for this company for several years. During my time there I was a supervisor. I was given the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities.
Great people and great continuing education
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2017
I worked there for 24 years and feel like I got the best out of them. Economy hit hard during the last 12 years made it difficult to grow. Good job security.
Pros
Don't need to come with a clientele
Cons
Competing with many others, being ambitious will get you everything
Easy going work environment
Standing Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 18, 2016
The work environment is pretty laid back. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to get their foot in the door for an office job. Its very easy to get into.
Pros
Easy going, Not hard
Cons
benefits are lacking
"Family"
Designer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 29, 2016
They claim that we are all "One big happy family". Just remember we all have our differences, and siblings fight. This time you can't lock yourself in your room to get away from them. Things escalate quickly, so don't get on someone's bad side.
Fun co-workers, but very slow work enviorment.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WAJune 17, 2016
Loved the industry. Very crazy hours so almost impossible to have a life other than work, not flexible. Only can get promoted based on how long you have been there, not on who actually deserves it. Some of the artists tend to have an attitude towards you, most are fun and enjoyable. Co-workers were fun, some felt very entitled because they have been working there longer than you. The front desk manager was a great guy who truly cares about his employees.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Boring, hard to move up.
Productive but not good but pay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 29, 2016
A lot of thieving in the work place. Whether it was guest whose money got taken from their purse while getting services and co workers personal items being taken in the staff break room. Nothing was done about the missing items at all.
General management didn't report some missing reports because they didn't believe it was stolen.
Play a lot of favorites to some staff.
Supervisor is very rude and unprofessional.
General management is also unprofessional and isn't capable of filling their job requirements, rude and has many unnecessary offensive comments to staff.
Pay is really low and benefits are extremely expensive.
No room to grow.
Not understanding of pregnancy complications (natural body functions)
Bathrooms are disgusting and aren't cleaned regularly with foul smell makes you not want to use the bathroom.
Break and staff room always smelt like the garbage can and was never cleaned.
Schedule was never put out on time.
Schedule was always done to benefit the upper management. Especially during the holidays.
Last minute meetings ex. night before thanksgiving at 8:30pm
Training was very confusing and wasn't done well.
Complaints about rude staff were never dealt with and caused two people to leave due to lack of respect and professionalism in work place.
Some things were okay to be done by one person but not the other. For example supervisor could leave early multiple times in a short period of time and others would get written up for it.
Don't get your raises when you are supposed to or at all.
I could write many things all day about this company
  more... but I rather not waste anymore of my time.  less
Pros
Discounted services
Cons
Low pay, lack of respect to staff, a lot of thieves.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gene Juarez Salons & Spas. Our community is ready to answer.