Genentech

• Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose

grgrg

We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. And the same innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is where your work can make a difference in people’s lives. Including your own.Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. Visit apple.com/careers to learn more.

Genentech has great culture

great place to work if you are blue badge. Very competitive in trying to move up. Overall, would love to work here if permanent and lived closer to work

Genentech constantly provides employee appreciati0on events

Genentech provided food from various vendors in the local area on a regular basis and had culture clubs for people of different ethnic backgrounds. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas were celebrated with special events for the whole staff.

Pros

Free food and other employee appreciation events.

Cons

Didn't fairly receive training while noticing younger people getting more attention from trainers.

Worked to the bone for below market compensation

Culture at the HTO site has steadily declined since I began working there in 2018. Upper management is disconnected from the difficulties the frontline faces and attempts to placate the workers is tone-deaf at best. In my current role I am compensated approximately $10/hr less than I would be in another industry despite getting constant emails from the CEO that we are turning profits and experiencing sales growth. Unless you are unemployed and strapped for money, I would apply elsewhere.

Pros

Good healthcare, remote work for office people during oandemic

Cons

Breaks often skipped, low headcount, low compensation

ok

No day is typical. I learned a lot. Management is not great. Culture is liberal. Management doesn't seem to really care about the employeeThe hard part is many

Job seekers rely on your experience.

No viewpoint diversity

The workplace culture is very toxic if you're from the Midwest or South, you will not feel welcome nor fit in here. People (coworkers, managers, and leadership) constantly make disparaging comments about these areas of the country. CEO and other executives are constantly sending out emails with a very biased political perspective. It's obvious who gets promoted. Read their EEO statement, they don't engage in ***unlawful*** discrimination. If you're a white male, good luck.

Pros

Cool tech set-up

Cons

Discrimination based on federally protected classes

Loved Genentech

I had a year contract with Genentech through a temp agency. Loved the people, place to work, nice amenities, treats and gifts provided during summer months.Managers we're polite and supportive

Pros

Free food, coffee, tea, Ice Cream

Cons

Parking was very far from the building.

Unique in a very diverse field

Genentech is in a sweet spot where innovation and legacy projects co exist and are both considered important components for the development of great medicine. They do prioritize speed beyond anything else due to the insane costs associated to developing medicine.

Pros

Cutting edge science and resources, diverse work environment.

Cons

Large hierarchy with multiple levels of management

Lean

They’ve been trying to run the plant lean more and more since I’ve started working here 5 years ago, and I feel like the morale continues to drop. Engagement doesn’t seem to be a big factor anymore. It’s more about cross training and utilizing the workforce to the fullest.

Not bad as a client.

I actually work for JLL assigned at Genentech as a manager. For the most part, I am treated fairly well. But that's because I have great bosses.Most people here know they have a good position.

Pros

Work environment, pay, freebies.

Cons

Sometimes contractors are treated as second-class citizens.

Jobs at Genentech

See more jobs

Great Place to Work!

Benefits galore, great pay but you will work for it. Beautiful campus, great inclusive culture, concierge desk (YES!). Work hard, play hard!

Pros

The sky is the limit for career advancement if you want it.

Cons

You REALLY have to work to create a work life balance.

Stay away from USMA

Hire better managers who know how to manage seasoned teams. Process oriented and highly political organization. Good benefits and generic learning opportunities.

Cons

Poor managers

Great company with great culture

I only stayed for a summer so this can be seriously biased. I love this company! Leadership was genuinely concerned and everyone in the company is smart and supportive.

Great products and support

Excellent company, excellent support, excellent literature, and samples. Great training, superior management, well-thought-out territories, and great corporate culture.

Contractor

It was a good place to start out, really loved the work ethic and free amenities. There was a lot of competition for getting hired on full time between the contractors, but overall I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot.

Pros

Free coffee/drinks, onsite gym, team building exercises

Cons

Long hours, lack on conversion for contractors

If your a direct you'll be fine.

Found that if you are a contract worker, often they drain you of what information they can glean from you during your short time there, and then dispose of you.

Pros

exploration is allowed, but direction is often unclear

Cons

management does bate and switch

Management empowers associates and gives them the power to make decisions that most effect their daily lives. They are fexible and understand that work is not your entire life.

Pros

Great Pay

Cons

Stay until the work is completed

They treated us like an assembly line

The most horrible, most stressful place to work at. No life and wok balance. The work was overwhelming with no help or supervision. No job advancement. Would never work there again.

Pros

Got a cupcake for my birthday

Cons

Super short breaks. No upward mobility.

Low pay

I was only an intern. But the work was nothing special, it was great for my resume but that was far as it goes. There were parties and good cafeteria food (not free).

Pros

Cafeteria, shuttles

Cons

Boring work

Great pay for being a temp.

Genentech hires on people for their "blizzard" season every year. The training lasts about six weeks while the actual work you do lasts about the same. It's a bit stressful because you have to meet certain metrics every day, they constantly audit your work and listen in on your phone calls for mistakes. There are so many things that you have to say and that you're not allowed to say on the phone. My heart would race every time I received a phone call because I was so paranoid that I would say the wrong thing. They only give you about a week's notice before ending your contract. Overall the money was good but I was glad when my contract was up. It was very rigid and stressful. They pay was nice but not worth the stress.

Pros

Freebies during the holidays

Cons

High stress

Work life balance is great before COVID and especially now with COVID

Love my jib as a patient navigator and getting to connect with patients. We are remote right now but that doesn’t take away from the commitment to patients and HCPs. Good company culture with no micromanaging.

Pros

Salary, benefits, work life balance

Cons

So many changes all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genentech. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight