Generac Power Systems Employee Reviews

Not for everyone
Sales (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 14, 2018
Extremely micromanaged and pretty stressful environment. Some people here just speak to you because they know they have to, I rather they not. This place has an extremely high turnover rate in my department which I'm sure I'll find out the underlying reason for that soon.
Pros
Nice shedule with some great coworkers.
Cons
Terrible management who loves to micromanage and don't know how to handle thier own stress.
Productive, fast paced
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 10, 2018
Productive environment, always had stuff to do. Pretty fasted paced environment to be able to make rate for the day. Never standing around doing nothing so you didn’t have time to be bored while at work.
Poor workplace
Dock Clerk, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 10, 2018
They tell you on wedensday if you will be working the weekend and the overtime is mandatory. Most weekends you will be working. Vacation is routinely denied for employees.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lots of mandatory overtime
The job is good if you want to work a lot
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIAugust 9, 2018
The job is very easy, lots of power tool use, assembly of power washers, generators, etc. 15 minute lunch and 2 ten minute breaks through out the day. No 30 minute lunch which I don't agree with considering we work 10 hour days
Pros
decent pay for entry level
Cons
breaks aren't long enough
Decent place to work
Engineering Tech II (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 8, 2018
It is a OK place to work. Not much overtime
and really no direction for my job. I tried tp advance internally but was shot down multiple times. Not worth a 1 hour drive one way.
Pros
Interesting projects
Cons
Not direction or advancement. 1 hour drive one way
I used to like working at Generac
Regulator Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 3, 2018
I worked at Generac for 12+ years....I liked it up until one point....there are those who are the favorite ones, and those that are not. Clearly...I was not one of those people! I worked very hard EVERYDAY! But to them it did not matter what kind of worker you are....as long as you snitch on others to make yourself look better...that's all that matters. I left there last year...told one certain individual thinking I could trust them enough to not say anything to ANYONE...well, that didn't happen! HR caught wind of me putting a 2 week notice in and they told me right there and then that that very day would be my last day....I couldn't even quit on the day I wanted to! But...HR insisted, I wasnt fired! (Odd....I thought...I never heard of a company doing this?!)...so any of you who want to work at Generac....just a heads up...this is what can happen! I need a job right now and I am looking at this very moment...RETIREMENT...HERE I COME!
Pros
Not much
Cons
Great job if you have no life and having morons in charge of you.
Fabrication/Utilities (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 28, 2018
Management is terrible (idiots in charge of idiots) , constant mandatory overtime even when it's not needed, some staff making 25+/hr. Standing around, sitting around, socializing while you're getting paid $10 less busting your butt. Don't work in fabrication or paint unless you're an excellent but kisser, otherwise you'll be getting f-ed constantly. 10 hour shifts weekdays is fine, but mandatory Saturdays was too much. 4 months of 58-60 hour weeks with no end in sight was insane.
Pros
If lucky, get a lazy, over paid job.
Cons
Management, overtime, lazy people
Temps
Tester (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJuly 28, 2018
Your positions was never safe because they could always replace you with a temp. If you happened to be good at something, you were almost punished for it because you would be expected to then do it yourself and forever, even if you were promised advancement.
It was nice just about of harassment
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIJuly 23, 2018
I would work there again I was a nice place to work I just couldn't take the stress of everything get being ur fail to when they mess up. I was there of the harassment also. I went for help but they never did anything about it. If I had the chance I definitely wood go back the people at great there and very nice.
Pros
Great people
Cons
U had to download and app for the vending machines
relaxed fun enviornment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIJuly 20, 2018
It was a very friendly company to work for and everyone that worked there was very helpfull. I really enjoyed working there and with the people that i worked with.
Good Starting Point
Consumer Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 19, 2018
Generac has been good to me. I have learned a lot in an area where I knew very little. I am now well respected in the relatively short time that I have been with the company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
little change from day to day
Fun work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIJuly 10, 2018
Nice place to work made nice money.....they took carw of me there,sorry had to relocate...will i work tbeee again yea love the work my peers also nice kob
Parts service lead (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 10, 2018
The job was pretty easy. the work wasn't hard but there wasn't a good life/ work balance. an 8 hour day was rare at generac. we usually worked 10 hours which also includes Saturday.
Pros
sometimea free lunches
Cons
manditory over time and manditory weekends
Fast paced assembly work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJuly 5, 2018
I didn't work there long but the labor isn't strenuous for the rate of pay. You get 3 breaks which helps the work day go by quickly. Different vendor's at lunch helps save time so there is no traveling if you don't pack a lunch.
Always plenty to do...
CONSUMER SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJune 25, 2018
Work / Life balance is a struggle for this company and employees don't take pride in the product that they are manufacturing. Bottom line profit drives the majority of the decisions that the company makes as opposed to quality.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for people that want to move up in the company.
Cons
Excessive required overtime due to lack of planning.
Knee-Jerk Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 31, 2018
Constant change of direction. Executive staff gets hung up on the slightest things. Quickly Growing company. Really struggles to act like the large company it is. Has a ton of potential to do amazing things yet gets held back by small mindedness.
Pros
Growth, opportunity
its fine for money
Assembler 2, Paint line (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIMay 18, 2018
this place is okay to work for if you like to work your life away. they don't pay that much started and don't give there employees time off and work then to death.
Stressful
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIMay 14, 2018
Always always out of parts
Sending people home so we ain’t get a full check
Hardly make ends meet
Break areas are dirty and not enough tables outside - only for smokers
Management is not the best
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIMay 8, 2018
The management has a hard time figuring out how to keep production going, and how to treat loyal employees, although they do see the potential in those employees, and promote them as seen fit
Pros
Promotions accordingly
Cons
Can't make decisions
Not the best
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIMay 7, 2018
Working there was ok at times. Only at times. I was doing a job that I wasnt hired to do and i still wasnt getting the pay raise for doing that job. Over time is almost every week and weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Generac Power Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.