Generac Power Systems Employee Reviews

repetitive work and not well compensated with wages
Robotic Welder (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIAugust 20, 2019
safety program is way over than needed. some people get away some don't. depends how nice are to the supervisor. unfair treatment is common. don't expect to be employed long term.
Fast-paced, international company
Shared Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 12, 2019
Each department is very different, but the finance department is fast-paced. It is a decent place to work, but with it being such a large company, each job is pretty specialized in one specific task so it can get to be monotonous.
A paycheck
Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 4, 2019
The people at the Oshkosh plant are awesome , except for management. Everyone is constantly stressed because management cannot meet production. Felt like the pressure was put on general employees without a solid plan for things to change anytime soon. HR will hire anyone,but don't expect anything but a paycheck. High turnover rate of employees...
Dont work here
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIAugust 1, 2019
No advancement or leadership work you 58 hours work week all time no time to be vcd with family or have life or go bj to dr appointments . In factory with no air flow with extreme heat.
Good job
Asamble (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 20, 2019
Estube muy agusto aprendi rapido se trataba de alambrar las trailas de luz . Me sali porque no abia muchas horas yo queria mas tiempo .y lo que haciamos era mucho para el pago. . Y tambien tenia que salur a houston tx.
Overall horrible
Paint hanger (Current Employee) –  Eagle, WIJuly 18, 2019
Management is horrible very misleading from interview. No ones on proper page, no training you just learn from rude co workers. Very noisy and uncomfortable heat over 100 degrees. Very strict rules
Pros
Pay
Cons
Environment, management
Poor management
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 18, 2019
I was there for less then 90 day, manager was a jerk, always down peoples necks for talking and whenever you saw the guy he was doing just that very thing. Always saying I never get anything done which was not true at all.
Sad, and depressing place to work
wherehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 16, 2019
You have to work 6 days a week 10 hour days and only 1 day off there was no time left to spend with your family. The supervisors suck they talk down to there employees, and there is no job raises as stated during the interview and there is absolutely no advancing with the company.
Fun work place
Labor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WIJuly 15, 2019
Learn how to build power washer and operate a forklift management was great the hardest part of the job was the pay. The work culture was great learn alot with parts and labor
Pros
Health care
Cons
Short brakes
Stressful with micromanagement
Dealer Acquisition Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 11, 2019
The job would have been tolerable except for the fact we were made to fill in for Customer Support with little or no training. This interfered with my job performance and made it very stressful. The work environment was chaotic and noisy.
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJuly 10, 2019
I got a job at generac in jefferson did phone interview walk in interview. Got hired. They pushed my start date back a week then two days before i started they said my job was no longer available. Poor management a bunch of idiots. I was a rehire sinse i worked there a few months before while i was in prison. , so ya that place is a big joke
Place is soo ran backwards
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIJuly 3, 2019
I worked there over a year the people you work with are cool but the way the place is ran and managed is a joke no one ever nos anything or what to do. No one is on the same page about doing anything it's like no one higher up talks
Terrible place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 1, 2019
They will make you work a half day and then decide to fire you, the Lindsay human resource lady has an attitude all the time and think she's all that. The the management and supervisors wonder why they do overtime is because all they do is stand around and they don't have parts ready at all you will be standing around for 10 hours a day doing nothing just staring at a wall. Management is horrible there and then they wonder why they're failing.
Decent place to work.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJune 18, 2019
It’s decent. Simple work but stressful at times.
10hr/day 40hrs on 1st shift
Management will work with you.
Must be willing to learn

Pros:
good people,
simple work,
lots of benefits.

Cons:
hardly any room for advancement. It’s difficult to move up in “status”.
It gets hot in the factory during summer months
Retention.

I most enjoy learning new things and the people of course!
This place lives up to it's horrible reputation
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater WIJune 16, 2019
Just read all the real reviews with one star. Any review with more than that is a lie. This place had the biggest revolving door out of any place I've ever heard of. My experience at Walmart was far better.
Cons
I enjoyed working at Generac.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJune 13, 2019
Generac is a fast paced environment that requires a lot of energy and dedication to the company and employees. The company is going through a lot of changes while adding new products to the company. Overall I would say I learned a lot about productivity and the difficulty a company can endure.
Positive place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJune 9, 2019
I worked at Generac for a grand total of 4 to 5 months. I enjoyed working here because I got along with everybody which is hard to come by. I made many friends while working here and also got my work done.
Pros
2 breaks
Don't bother with Generac
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJune 5, 2019
Terrible middle management. Don't even bother trying to exceed expectations here, they don't care and they lie. Unless you're desperate for a paycheck, move along and find a real job.
Run away
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 4, 2019
Not a fun place to work. Sales makes operations schedule to demand so you are working everyone on the floor to the bone, holidays, weekends, mandatory.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, WIJune 4, 2019
Generac is a great place to work I would work there again but was in a situation with my personal life and had to leave but I would definitely work there again if had the chance.
Pros
Easy going, Fun environment
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Generac Power Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss