General Assembly

General Assembly Employee Reviews

Very nice place !
A good place to learn, very kindly people, and great location, I did enjoy the time I have spent there and everything I had done with my project, I had a great improvement
Creative people, bland culture.
General Assembly is a great place to launch your career in technology. There are smart people from all walks of life and a community that keeps you in the loop of all thing tech related in Atlanta. They could use a lot of help from management perspective. Lack of direction, identity, and intergrity keep GA from living up to it's potential.
Awesome experience
I took my time here to be trained to becoming and software developer. The organisation is ver helpful as they hold your hands till you get all the knowledge required to succeed
Great place to learn and grow
General Assembly is a great place to learn and grow. In my profile as a Data Scientist I am having opportunities to work on challenging projects. Most interesting part of my job is to work with peers who are very intelligent and committed to their tasks.
Open-minded workspace
All people of all backgrounds welcome. As long as you respect others, you are a welcome member of the community. Can always find a quiet workspace to work.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Out standing Boot Camp program.
It is a boot camp immersive program and a little pricey. You better be prepared before you join this Boot camp. I personally like it a lot, I have learned a lot in such a short period of time. You will learn and hands-on practice from using Git/Github tool, javascript, and frontend framework, backend including SQL. and more.
Kindly staff
I had a great time working there. It was an immerse program with lots of challenging and hard-working. It had a great environment to work and I learned a lot.
Productive and fun place to work
I am surrounded by brilliant and helpful people; I learn something new every day and have the support I need to get any task completed. GA has taught me to develop a growth mindset which I carry with me every day.
Worked with people from different career backgrounds
It was really motivating for me to see a lot of people taking a switch in their careers. I loved the professionalism and focus that everyone had. The whole experience was amazing and I loved working with a team.
Laid back atmosphere
There are always events and seminars being held at General Assembly's Washington DC location. The campus is located right near downtown with lots of restaurants nearby. The workplace has a laid back but professional atmosphere.
Fun workplace, but lack of diversity
Fun workplace, but lack of diversity, overall great place, nice location. Amazing people and management.
They could do better about making sure the staff is diverse.
It was nice and wonderful working in the diverse culture. Got to learn many new things.
It was fun and productive because these skills and knowledge, I have never experience before and every things has its pros and cons. So, overall it was nice working in with the latest technology.
It's Pretty Good
The job itself is very easy. I come in, unlock the classrooms, prep them for the day's classes (turn on projectors & TVs), make coffee, etc. Throughout the day I sit at the front desk answering the phone, questions about GA, and directing new students. The new hire training could be better but I've had much worse and I wish I made more per hour.
One of the major pluses is being able to take a lot of classes for free. Would certainly recommend working here.
Great place to learn quickly
I was a UX design student in the 10-week program. Fast paced, but relevant and new info coming out every cohort. The Denver instructor is the best in the company.
Great place to learn
I was here for a Software Engineering Immersive program. It was intense training that allowed me to grow and learn how to program using JS, ReactJS, Express.js, SQL, PostGres and Ruby.
Productive swing shifts
Hard and consistently working swing shifts doing repairs making rotating schedules keeping area cleaned doing properly paperwork checking tools keeping the line running
Great learning environment
I really liked being here. The Dallas office is great and unique. I had a chance to work out of the SF office and both were great. Would recommend this to anyone
Great place to learn
This review is relevant to people who "worked" there as a full time student, rather than as an instructor, recruiter, career service person, or as an other administrative-related position. Being a student is a full time job, and so should be treated as one.

This is an excellent place to learn. It's an inclusive, diverse environment with students and teachers from all walks of life. The experience is focused on helping students learn their chosen field (data science, UX/UI design, software engineering) as well as learning *how* to learn. Students graduating from GA are well-equipped to continue their learning and growth.

Beyond that, there is an excellent career services team whose sole purpose is to help graduates navigate the career change and the job market after completing the course. They conduct webinars, AMAs, and are available for 1:1 meetings, among their many other smaller, yet still important, tasks. Even better, this career team begins working with students on week 1 of the course.
Collaborative learning environment
I came to GA after taking an intensive.

The instructors are excellent, the workplace is very collaborative and friendly and supportive.

Management is supportive.
Pros
environment
Cons
pay
Great Place to Learn and Work
I highly recommend General Assembly as a Software Engineering Immersive Program, the instructors are knowledgeable and there is a lot of support there.
Fun
For those who want to learn in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. People are supportive, but don't expect rainbows and butterflies. You are expected to work hard and have some grit, for sure. Also, you have to learn to be a very, very independent/free thinker, think outside the box, and learn to be confident and regularly speak your mind.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Assembly. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight