General Assembly Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Productive and fast paced place to work
Hand assembled parts (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJuly 2, 2018
Great place to work, good atmosphere and hard working people. People generally worked together as a team. Professional and helpful with the new workers.
A Very Productive Learning Experience Involving Data Science
Data Science Fellow (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
Learned a variety of statistical modeling tools and concepts for statistical modeling: regression, categorical
predictions, data cleaning, sklearn library, ANNs, webscraping, machine learning.
A great program.
Student, Web Development Immersive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2018
A great program that pushed me to grow my skills as a web developer. Great curriculum that introduced me to the most exciting aspects of current web development.
Slowed paced and perfectionism is a must
Gater Industries (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 31, 2018
I learned how to ever job in the workplace except management and engineering. I didn't care much though for the slow-paced work environment. I liked all my co-workers.
It's a company that strives for excellence from every employee.
General Assembly (Former Employee) –  Osceola, WIMay 22, 2018
It's a straight 8 hour shift, with overtime if you desire. I learned about different materials and how to handle sheet metal. I had never handled a rivet gun before working here, they provided all the training I required. Management was contradictory at times between Leads and Setups, but once the job got going it was pretty task oriented after that. There was a chain of command in place, but everyone in Assembly was friendly and approachable if I had any questions. The hardest part of the job was churning out parts that needed to go out that day, and trying to fill the order as fast as was possible while paying attention to detail and quality. The most enjoyable part of the job was making parts as fast as I was able while paying attention to detail and quality.
Pros
Lunches were catered on major holidays
Cons
Full healthcare was provided, but it took a steep cut out of the pay.
Life balance was non existant
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 15, 2018
If you want to work and not enjoy yourself this is the job for you managers were not real managers. It all depends on who you known and who's butt you were willing to kiss
Pros
Money
Cons
No Life balance
relaxed and cool environment to work
Full Stack Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
I loved my time at General Assembly, Atlanta. The staff and the students are awesome, Fridays are usually happy hour days and every other day there is a meet up groups and other discussion groups happening in the campus of General Assembly. It is situated on the Atlanta's famous beltline and those walks on the beltline are incredible with such a wonderful view of the city.
Great Company, Still Figuring it Out
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2018
The company is growing leaps and bounds, but not without bumps in the road. There is a culture of innovation with some very impressive C-levels in place. There is still a bit of legacy management that in uncertain of how to grow the campus business. Enterprise is incredibly well run and growing faster than anything. Great company if the right position presents itself, but if hired, learn the politics quickly.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
politics
Great
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2018
In my time at general assembly boston, I was surrounded by enthusiastic developers who were eager to help, excited to learn and never shy to share a few laughs. Great place great people.
Pros
work culture
Fun collaborative Environment
Engineering Fellow (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
General Assembly is a bustling school featuring many classes teaching the most in-demand skills. The teachers are experienced masters of their field and work hard to help the students understand the new material.
Great environment, full of great and helpful information.
(TECH) Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2018
Great to be apart of. However, his isn't a paid job, I voluntarily joined to be apart of General Assembly. Joining was the best decision I ever made, I have learned so much much from my peers and the fellow teachers that offer expert information.
My experience as an IA
Instructional Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
I worked as an Instrucitonal Associate part-time at General Assembly. Just a few hours a week outside of class time are required to grade assignments and host office hours. The biggest benefit for me was that it was like taking the class again but at a higher level, since I needed to have a very good understanding of all topics covered in order to help students.
fast paced place, but fun
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
Ga Is an awesome place to work. the people there are great, the work is fun, and challenging. you'll have a good balance between life and work, and plenty of opportunities to advance
There were good people who worked there
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNFebruary 27, 2018
It was something I had to do at the time. I made the best of it. Good people doing the best they can. Good attitudes. It was good to see their faces everyday
Pros
Good people
Cons
Needs more lighting
Great learning environment, engaged staff
User Experience Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2018
My experience as a student with GA was nothing short of exciting and challenging. The staff is incredibly helpful and the curriculum was thorough and in depth. I would recommend GA to anyone looking for a career in UX design.
Two Thumbs up
Data Science Immersive Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2018
Great place to work. Would recommend to a anyone as a place to advance their career. Great work culture and always surrounded by great and intelligent people.
Great vibe and awesome tech company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at General Assembly. The culture was awesome and my co-workers were amazing! The challenge was trying to figure what I needed to do in order to advance which can be common in tech.
Immersive Fellow
Data Science Fellow (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
I was a student at General Assembly in one of their immersive programs not a proper employee. They instruct us to add the program on our resume under work experience so that we can discuss our projects in detail.
A lot of improvements could be made
DATA SCIENCE FELLOW (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I was part of the Data Science Immersive at General Assembly while I appreciated the close interaction that I had with colleagues and my instructors, I was not at all happy about the structure of the lectures and labs. I feel like they still have a lot of work to do as far as the curriculum is concerned.
Engaging and Gratifying
UX Design Course Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2018
Working at General Assembly comes with the gratification of helping others advance their careers through education and experience.

The atmosphere is a solid mix of casual and professional as everyone is working to help everyone else but with a good sense of humor.
Pros
Snack and breakfast.
Cons
Building is sometimes loud

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Assembly. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss