General Atomics

United States675 reviews

gaasipensionaeronauticalaerospacegeneraldiegoengineeringgym

Customer comes first

Featured review

General Atomics selected this as a representative review
No matter what the customers that General Atomics does what it takes to deliver a fantastic product to their customers, wether it be aircraft, training or maintenance. They push very hard for employees to perform at their best, to ensure the customers are happy with the end result.

Great place to work with many advancement opportunities

I have been with General Atomics for 8 years, and it has been great place to work. The work life balance is good, and the people are great to work with. GA cares about us as individuals, and affords us the opportunity for advancement. The pay is definitely good, and the work environment is great.

Pros

Work life balance, pay, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Production schedules can be stressful at times

General Atomics insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Good workplace

Good workplace ok coworkers ok managers great schedule easy work work with u on asking days off good people some bad apples with some good days and bad

Struggling

Old school management struggling to keep high performer employees leaving the company. Executive management is detached from the reality of the work environment.

Fun

Great time there good direct manager however senior leadership can improve. Travel to desert and Utah was great to learn about other facilities. Pay was on low side

Everyone is leaving

Everyone is leaving and management refuses to think there is an actual problem. They blame the workers. There is so much nepotism it’s not even funny.

Good company

Good company and you can move around if you don’t like your department. Pay is ok for San Diego but it could be better. Pay increase is once a year. The work location is in a good neighborhood

Started off promising

I started at GA 4yrs ago. Excited at first but now I see that there’s no room to grow. Good employees will get the lion share of the work while others will just coast. Raises here are almost a joke. Don’t expect more then 3% annually.

Good company, management needs improvement

Great pay and benefits. Management will not support you if you’re not willing to go along with sweeping some technical work issues under the rug. Great company with poor management and culture.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Poor company culture

Good pay, bad management

Company paid very competitive salary. However, lack of competent experience caused programs to struggle and eventually layoffs. Company culture and management were low points at GA.

Great Pay and Benefits

Great pay and benefits but it’s a boys club. They do not fire anyone unless it’s a horrible offense. Men can berate and harass their subordinates and not be punished but promoted!

Great mission, great product, growing pains

I truly believe that the mission to protect our troops and country with the product we make is fantastic. The team I work with is very talented and top notch in terms of support, expertise and commitment. The company, like others, is still trying to navigate the new paradigm of partial remote/in-office work environment. Pay is fair, but not stellar and health benefits are on par with the rest of industry. GA still has a pension which is almost unheard of and 401K matching is above par.

good benefits. high stress.

be prepared to be asked to work on tasks that you would otherwise not even consider. Jones fulfillment is rather low in and feeling of being taken advantage of is high.

High Tech jobs in North East Mississippi. Pays well for experienced labor and benefits are close to un-matched for the area.

Coming from an electronics background in circuit board manufacturing, I would not have expected to find a company in the area that has the need for that kind of expertise and was surprised at the compensation and benefits package. A constantly evolving work environment plant-wide provides new opportunities for those specializing in welding, CNC programming/operation, Engineering, machine shop and fabrication. Yearly evaluations and bonus programs allow for feedback you may not get on a regular basis (unless something is wrong) and 401k and Pension couple nicely with the health/dental and vision benefits. Communication in any production plant and multi-billion dollar company spread out over the entire Country always leaves a lot to be desired and is probably my biggest "issue" with the company. You will hear when things go bad, but rarely hear anything when you excel. You like Over-time? It is there for the taking.

Pros

Compensation package including Medical/dental/vision benefits, CAL time, 401k and pension. High tech field with a Defense contractor.

Cons

Communication, feeling of importance to management.

the people and the position was a good one

it was a very good company and had a lot of great people - we had a good force of guards and the job created no issues. Hated to leave but time marches on.

Grateful for the opportunity to interview

I am always grateful when an opportunity to interview comes up; the person I spoke with was very professional and took the time to go over the details of the available opportunity.

Pros

Professional environment in a field that makes a difference.

Cons

The salary range did Not meet my expectations at the time

Good work environment.

Process may be slow, however the company provides good jobs and benefits. Pension and 401k match. Relaxed working environment. Overall good rating for the San Diego location.

incompetent software leadership

Software leadership is generally incompetent and ignorant of modern industry standards and best practices, such that they are incapable of evaluating performance. The status quo is maintained by expertly deflecting and defending criticism and deferring or rejecting improvements that are not their own. No one is held accountable for their failures.

Pros

They never fire anyone unless there is a budgetary excuse.

Cons

Zero training or mentoring because senior developers have nothing to teach.

No career growth

Doesn't offer opportunities to learn and advance career. Many people sitting around with nothing to do most of the day. Leadership is not supportive.

Loved the company. Great place to work.

GA is a great company to work for. Lots of room to advance and they treat their employees well. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Great place to work.

Been there over a month work atmosphere is great good people so far so good.

Job is easy nice trucks interesting work so far I like it not that much overtime but it’s OK not working the weekends or nights makes up for that. Great atmosphere people are nice and willing to help. Good discounts at any of the facilities for lunch food is great.

Pros

New equipment good pay great benefits

Cons

Not that much overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Atomics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight