General Atomics
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

General Atomics Employee Reviews in Palmdale, CA

General Atomics insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place to work with awesome coworkers but the chaos and disrespect of management make the job unbearable

Good place to learn aerospace but upper leadership do not care about work life balance. Career development is difficult due to favoritism within the engineering group.

Pros

9/80 schedule, teamwork between departments, low cost cafeteria, and working on a flight line

Cons

Upper Management culture, travel to work is dangerous, lack of career development

Great benefits great work culture great people

One of the best places I've worked. Positive work environment, good structure. Leadership keeps employees even on the lowest level informed on company goals and standings. Hated to just couldn’t stay in California.

Pros

Healthcare insurance and paid time off

Cons

Short breaks

Good benefits and work life balance is great

We have a really good work-life balance and the benefits are fairly decent however the pay is a little on the lower end for the industry and they have difficulty retaining management

Pros

Schedule and discounted food

Cons

Pay and Managemnt turnover

General Atomics Means to Be A Good Company....But Just Isnt

The company sounds good during an interview, but once hired the vision of the organization is not clear. Daily tasks are reactive, nothing is proactive.Be prepared to operate under an unstable environment.

Pros

Free lunch during covid

Cons

Environment, work culture, communication, management, structure, us versus them mentality.

Thankful for the opportunity, but wouldn't recommend the company

One huge con is the management and the HR staff. Growing within this company is impossible unless you know or blow someone to get to the top (even if you have the experience and skills). They hire a lot of idiots who don't appreciate their jobs either. I am thankful for the opportunity at this company but I wouldn't recommend them after experiencing working here. Before COVID it was a better working environment but now it's terrible and I had to get out asap.

Pros

SOME great employees, Benefits, Schedule

Cons

Management, COVID regulations, HR Staff

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

great people to work with, disorganized management

The best part about this company is the people that work there. People like having fun while getting the work done, so it's a positive environment in that sense. However, the management is disorganized and does not have a clear plan. I worked for the company twice, with several years in between, and nothing changed while I was gone. The company is family owned, and the owner's main priority being to make as much money as they can. The compensation for work completed is lower than the industry, which often leads to quality people leaving within 1-2 years - it's easier to get more money if you leave for a year and come back, than to get an internal raise. Due to the recent layoffs, employee morale is low, and those who remain are being tasked with more and more work with fewer resources and support. If you are salaried, a 10 hour day is the norm and getting calls and emails after hours and on weekends is common. The company does not do a good job of growing talent from the inside either. While they offer access to LinkedIn Learning and tuition reimbursement, they do not give employees time to take these courses. All in all, at the individual level, you will find people who support you but from a company culture, there is a major lack of support for employees.

Pros

friendly people

Cons

poor compensation, lack of support and resources, disorganized management, poor communication

Chasing the carrot

Felt like management opens with empty promises and closes with not knowing what’s going on. Loves dangling carrots for positions. Tells you there’s plenty of people at the gate waiting for your jobs. Good luck getting more than a two% pay increase

Pros

If ur able to deploy good place to make some money. Good 401k and pension.

Cons

Management.

Worst company ever worked for

Pay & benefitsThe only reason I stayed was due to the benefits because the pay was trash. Management was horrible, if you didn't act like you worshiped them you never moved up or considered you for anything.

Pay is good and benefits are great, terrible management

Management at all levels is clueless. They waste so much money trying different techniques and they all move towards making the company and employees less efficient.

Pros

Pay/Benefits

Cons

Stressful/poor work culture

Slow pace

Poor management. They do not communicate well with employees. Uncertainty in future and do not allow growth. Just had a huge lay off. Work to life balance was ok.

Balanced work with needs for improvement

I truly enjoy working for general atomic, I've learned about maintenance and how to excel in my career. the work culture and managements can need some work though. in my department there were too many managers and highers ups that enjoyed dictating how things go in the maintenance and production process of the company.

Pros

free lunches working on modern techology

Cons

nepotism, lack of innovation

Product and work environment

Knowing that we as a company have created an aircraft that can and will protect the lives of our soldiers along with the many platforms that this aircraft can provide.

Pros

Finished product

Cons

Logistics

A productive workplace on a high pace

Integration engineering support on existing and new developing programs. Current Production support on daily bases. A great team work! I take great pride seeing the aircrafts flying their first flight.

productive workplace with great benefits and job security.

9/80 schedule. Monday through Thursday are 9 hour days and every other Friday is off or an 8 hour day. Good benefits and good pay. Good work environment, I've enjoyed my time working here.

secure job, worked 12 years as a calibration coordinator

I enjoyed going to work daily, I worked long hours and even though it was challenging at times I loved it. I had a great set up, my own office and own building, my own golf cart, and worked with no supervision. It was challenging because I was the only one who did it, but appreciated they gave me what I needed when I asked for it, If I needed anything to get the job done, I had no problem getting it. General Atomics is a great place to work.

Productive and friendly work enviornment

Great employer to work for with great benefits. Has pension plans, good pay, and a friendly work environment. Overall it is a good place to work. Would recommend to anyone.

Professional work environment in a relazed atmosphere

Very proud to work with General Atomics. Very loyal to employees and customers. The company continues to grow with US defense contracts and foreign military sales

Pros

Retirement plan and ability for professional growth

Excellant staff

Corporate business style but excellent staff to work with. Management is very approachable and will help you grow in your field. The potential to advance in the company is very high.

General Atomics horrible place to work

This job was horrible...... leadership was even worse. They do not like to promote from within and they do not pay competitively. The best thing about this job is they will hire you with out any experience. So you can start from scratch and get aerospace experience.

Bad Managers

I worked for this company for 1 year and saw this company is based on the good old boy system. It was not about what you know, rather who you know. Under qualified people working in jobs they should not be allowed to work. Also if you brought up racism they would work to move you out of the company. I dont recommend this company to anyone that is knowledgeable nor hardworking.

Cons

Bad Leadership

Training Enviroment and Preparedness 24/7

Preparation thru flight training and fight simulation trainers. All business with prep and qualification requires. Fun and relaxed, but constant preparedness for any mission is paramount.

Pros

Perdiem

Cons

Wierd randomly hours, if crew member.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Atomics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight