General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 6,240 reviews matching the search See all 6,513 reviews
Never go there
CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMarch 21, 2019
The pay was lousy. The management structure was restricting. The people hired were not very motivated. There was an aura of micro-management and it was very depressing.
Pros
Good team mates
Cons
Poor management
Negative
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 21, 2019
This is the worst place I have ever worked in my life, I am a loyal employee so I took every advantage to make this place workable and enjoyable but the management staff have no idea what they are doing
Stepping Stone
Medicare Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLMarch 21, 2019
Pays your bills but not enough to live and eat. Unless your bilingual or your going to HAVE to work overtime. Back to back calls. HR loses documents so ALWAYS make copies and keep them. Supervisors walk around, leave the facility or smoke most of the day. There are some good ones that will be at their desk but believe me they’ll be all over the place. A manager told a rep that their mom passed on the floor while we where working. The callers could be mean or they could be sweet but expect rudeness. Training dept is awesome so they will help you. Cafeteria is high and the food is mediocre. You’ll make friends that make you come to work instead of the company itself. Multiple shifts, two weeks vacay and immediate health insurance. No raises, it goes by the government not the cost of living. Last year there was a 30 cent raise to make it 12.88 an hr. IF YOUR NOT BILINGUAL. If you are bilingual you will get paid more. To make more money you have to be offered about 6 more positions in order. So you’ll do a lot of work until you get to the highest rep. Good luck!
Pros
ATO available time off, immediate health insurance
Cons
No raises! Mean callers. No employee appreciation
Pleasant Experience at GDIT
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMarch 20, 2019
I was able to grow in my career. I worked with wonderful people at GDIT. I value my experience at GDIT.I was able to leverage all skills and knowledge I gained to retain employment with FEI.
Great place to work with okay benefits
Financial Analyst Associate (Current Employee) –  Pawcatuck, CTMarch 19, 2019
Great place to work with okay benefits. The health insurance needs an overall change for affordability. The high deductible plan is not very good for working families.
Pros
Flexable Work Schedule
Cons
Health Insurance
A great place to work
General Clerk III/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMarch 18, 2019
If you are looking for somewhere fast paced and fun environment this is the place to be. I loved this place when I worked there. There is room for growth in the company.
Don't work here if possible.
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 17, 2019
One of the worst jobs I've ever had in my entire life. Pay is horrible, management has no clue. No direction from anyone ever. You get in more trouble the more you do.
Pros
None.
Cons
Pay is horrible.
was a nice place to work for but not now
Sr. Director of Pricing (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 17, 2019
was a good culture and fun place until they acquired CSRA and everything changed and not for the better... no communication whatsoever... doors closed all the time with whispering in the hallways..
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad management, no communication. cutthroat atmospere
Enjoyed it
Clinical Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 17, 2019
Nice place to work as a contractor. Pay is quite competitive, and work is high stress as they are a DoD contractor and have to meet contract guidelines.
Pros
Pay
Cons
High pressure to produce
Good place to start
Associate Specialist Supervisor (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAMarch 17, 2019
I love working for this company but there is not alot of room for advancement. The benefits are great. 2 weeks vacation after 2 years and free Health Insurance.
Benefits
Cons
Few pay raises
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLMarch 17, 2019
You meet a lot of people from different backgrounds. The two week orientation/training process is very thorough depending on who your instructor is. You also get your own work cubicle for the duration of your shift.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Failed call policy
A & P Senior Tech (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 17, 2019
I was able to work on other aircrafts that I did not have the experience to work on. Their training was very good and they made sure their employees were trained prior to working on an aircraft. The work environment was very productive and work was planned accordingly. Customers were very happy with the work performed. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting my job done and knowing I had contribute to the business needs and the success of the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Great for daily scheduling
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 16, 2019
Great company for flexible scheduling, independent duty and work from home. Great for those interested in working with people and those who like interacting with others.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No interaction with co-workers
management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 16, 2019
very helpful and understanding. allowed workers to get as much overtime as they wanted and also provided the correct information to make sure the job was done correctly
I liked working at General Dynamics.
sub-assembly (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 15, 2019
In the area I worked in I put together small to medium parts together so they could be placed onto a Stryker. The work environment was good while I worked for the company.
Only good for gaining short term IT experience
Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 15, 2019
Very lean team with multiple, chaotic projects. Projects are not well planned due to pressure from leadership to bolster their personal agendas (money and promotion). This company's customers and employees should not believe everything they are told.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor leadership team that hires friends and keeps them on board even if they perform poorly.
It was a great place to work
Enrollment Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMarch 15, 2019
Very face past training was easy and calls are very repetitive it's micro manage bit the people who work. There are willing to help and very nice I would consider this a great start for anyone who doesn't have customer service experience in a call center
Pros
Quiet work enviroment overtime and benefits
Cons
Micro managing
Never worked at Information Technology
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 15, 2019
I worked for the Allied Technical Products division and it was a wonderful place to work.
Detailed work instructions were provided, which I liked very much.
Pros
free beverage service
Cons
laid off when contract lost
General Dynamics is a good organization to work for.
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 14, 2019
General Dynamics encourages a culture of teamwork and learning.
I have been exposed to the state of the arts software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology (Agile) while working at General Dynamics Information Technology.
Pros
competitive salaries
Cons
not enough internal mobility options
Would not reccomend. Upper management doesn’t care about their employees. They are too worried about building their tanks and aircraft
CSR (medicare and marketplace) (Former Employee) –  London, KYMarch 13, 2019
This company seriously doesn’t know anything about human services. They were contracted to Medicare and cams but only cared about their employees who built their war machines (tanks, naval ships, aircraft). People that worked for the company close to 15 years had never NEVER received a raise. Only recently when the labor board was called and investigated General Dynamins did they give a raise to their human service location employees. This company is very sketchy and will do anything they can to their employees to save a buck
Pros
Honestly? Nothing
Cons
Everything, pay, environment, you name it and you will find this company is terrible at it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.1K
31.4K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss