General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 5,617 reviews matching the search See all 5,876 reviews
Not worth the stress!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  corbin-London, kyJuly 21, 2018
Scripts and info on what/how to do things constantly change making it hard to keep this straight. No advancement what so ever. If you are not taking calls for more than a minute for any reason (going to the bathroom), they act like you are not doing your job.
Pros
2 weeks vac after you are there for one year.
Cons
Constantly looked at like your a thief and things constantly changing!
Gdit is a good environment to meet new people and enjoy life as a good csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 21, 2018
I am a loyal customer service rep.. I inform people to buy health insurance, that it’s really important to have insurance. I love helping with others when they call to apply for insurance or if they need help with other things.
Productive and fun enviroment to work in
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 21, 2018
I look forward to coming to work everyday. Supervisors are professional, have a great work ethic, and are easy to talk to. Employees are welcoming and make the environment a great place to be
Not bad
Team Lead / Senior Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 21, 2018
Good company to work for.I recommend to others. I don;t really want to write this review, so i will fill up the minimum with characters devoted to hitting the minimum.
Answering inbound calls for healthcare enrollment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJuly 21, 2018
A typical day includes answering calls, attending a briefing with team members or supervisor. I learned about healthcare plans, and management was generally on hand to oversee production needs. The workplace culture was diverse in age and ethnicity. The hardest part of the job was dealing with callers who were rude or discourteous. The most enjoyable part of this job was the helping customers who appreciated the provided assistance.
Pros
occasional employee potlucks
Cons
temporary, seasonal
Good place to work, but will take a toll on you if you stay in the same position too long.
DUAL REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 21, 2018
General Dynamics is a great place to work if you have good customer service and communication skills. You talk on the phone and assist consumers with their issues regarding their health insurance. You get three breaks a day (One 30 min lunch & two 15 min breaks). The job can be stressful because you get tired of sitting at a desk all day talking on the phone and most of the time the consumers are rude with a few nice people on the calls. I would recommend moving to an off the phone position not long after starting employment there. Staying on the phone will take it's toll on you everyday overtime.
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Trainer II (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJuly 20, 2018
Many of the other instructors were very helpful if needed assistance. Was able to get time off when needed. Was given opportunity to learn new equipment and procedures.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Friendly place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NM 88001July 20, 2018
It was hard to meet the set metrics, training was confusing but good. Overall a good place to work. The managers were friendly and helpful, easy to move up in certain areas. Benefits were great as well as the pay. CEO never seemed to be around. Contract was cancelled and I was moved to another division within the company.
Pros
Potlucks every month. Occasional dinners provided. Good work area and great benefits and pay.
Cons
Metrics are hard to meet, contractual work so always worried they would lose the contract and I’d be out of work.
Great place to gain new skills and advance
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 19, 2018
Management is decent, environment is not stressful, and hours are very flexible. Many opportunities for growth and since the company is steadily growing there are plenty of career options
Professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 19, 2018
This company is strict.There are rules that we are required to abide by. This company is very professional and you will learn everything that there is to know to provide info to the customers.

Want to know more about General Dynamics Information Technology?

Ask a question
Training Department
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 19, 2018
Great agents fun workplace good team interactions. A typical work day was training new hires as well as seasoned representatives, going over materials getting the team ready for their new roles as Medicare/Medicaid agents, Training different cultures as well as learning styles, The hardest part was of this position was building the agents confidence to take calls the enjoyable part was looking into their eyes when the agents realized that they could do the job and do it with world class customer service.

Management was great we had monthly meeting to keep abreast as to the status of the new agents testing scores, training modules, attendance, attitude, schedule request if applicable.
Pros
ability to work in the AM
Cons
back to back training classes
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 18, 2018
General Dynamics is a great relaxed, laid back job. its very catchy. Just like any other job you have to have that mentality to deal with people without being rude. You have to know how to talk to the customers, and you have to do good assisting them with any problems, or questions they have. Yes some call angry and I will stress u but don't let it out of each month you get graded on 3 calls basically listening to your calls to see if you used your correct scripting and did you handle them with care did u talk like u knew what u were talking about they have wonderful benefits
Pros
3 breaks including a 2 min bathroom break only 2 of them out the day
Cons
2min bathroom breaks
High pace competitve intelligence agency
ISSO (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 18, 2018
As a engineer/team lead I had the stressful task of leading a team of 6 individuals. I was responsible for the intelligence of varying systems. I learned that you should never feel that you intimidate someone because the task at hand requires an agile minded person. Management was very cooperative and listened and mentored; a skill we lack these days. The culture was high stressed due to the type of work performed. The hardest part of my job was letting the client down. The most enjoyable part of the job was the training incentives.
Pros
Intelligence, felt a level of pride
Cons
having to work on site daily
Very good to work for
Sr. Electrical & Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAJuly 18, 2018
I heard they went all 'corporate' and aren't what they used to be. Everybody is extremely honest and willing to work until a project task was completed. Very goal oriented. I enjoyed working there right up until we had a bad-apple manager who wasn't an honest person.
Pros
A very good place to work
Cons
I heard they went all 'corporate' and isn't as good anymore
Need for Improvement
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2018
I can't speak for GDIT as a whole, just for the contract I am on. There is a need for improvement on the management level, and there is no real opportunity for advancement, because management holds you back.
good place to start a career
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTJuly 18, 2018
I was there for 5 years and did a variety of roles through a professional development rotation program. This is a good place for a young engineer to cut their teeth and learn the 'right' way to go about complex design. I took what I learned here and was able to develop more simple processes in later companies that had structure but were not so overbearing they crippled progress.
Marcus' Review
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJuly 18, 2018
I've worked for GDIT for 10 years and have had a great experience throughout. I have been provided numerous opportunities to advance in the company and my senior management has always guided my career path with relevant training and hands on experience in areas of professional and technical interest that have benefited my growth tremendously.
This was a great experience to promote your customer service skills.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 18, 2018
General Dynamics maintained excellent management. I was able to obtain well telephone etiquette and exceed in my customer service skills. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for emphasizing their customer service skills or just an opportunity to obtain more work experiences.
I miss the workplace and would do anything to go back.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 18, 2018
I miss the coworkers, supervisors, consumers, I miss the environment, I just miss the whole job itself and wish I didn't have to resign. I've put my application in again and im hoping to be able to join the GDIT family once again!!
Pros
lunch trucks, overtime, mini store
Cons
you just don't know where you stand
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJuly 17, 2018
they act like they don;t care for the employee or about our community. i think they hurt them selves by not working in the kilgore area and the stress on the employees.
Pros
been here a long time
Cons
you just don;t know how safe your job is

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.9K
31.3K

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss