General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Productive and sort of like a family
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 21, 2018
I met some great people at GDIT and I also had some great times there as well.Working at GDIT taught me a lot patience and compassion.The hardest part of the job was working twelve hour days.
Pros
Pot luck
Cons
Short breaks and short lunches
Relaxed enviroment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYSeptember 21, 2018
Even thought you have a very quiet work space the job can be very stressful when you are constantly on the phone back to back or if you have computer issues throughout a call.
Pros
Learning new technology
Cons
deadline
Delving into government work
Information Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 20, 2018
Learning to coordinate with fellow workers and become accustomed to government contracts, as well as, the ins and outs of appropriate behavior with government counter-parts. Learning the structure for TDY travel, providing In-Out Briefs to the customer upon arriving and departing a project. Learning the processes for after action project reports. The learning factors were always the easiest part because there was a co-worker willing to lend a hand if you had a problem, from the Director to the Administrative staff.
Big Corporation
QIES Technical Support Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 20, 2018
The company had over 17,000 employees at the time of my employment. This was obvious in the policies and overall feel of the workplace. Having previously been part of a company of less than 100 people, the differences were significant.
Pm
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZSeptember 20, 2018
Responsible for the training, morale, welfare and accountability of 9 contractors. Oversee and develop training methods and materials such as curriculum, lectures, videos and job aids to improve classroom instruction. Initiates and maintains contacts with key officials and technical authorities of the U. S. Army.
Productive workplace
Senior Principal Instructor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 20, 2018
Training Sailor's to improve fleet performance, i learned the latest information in order to keep the sailor's up to date. Most enjoyableis knowing what you teach will improve the Fleet.
Pros
Training Sailor's
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IASeptember 19, 2018
My department was Default Resolution Group
Handled a minimum of 80 inbound calls per day, I set up payment
plans to get federal student loans out defaulted status, processed debit card payments over the phone, explained in detail,steps required to keep loans in good standing, rebuild credit report,
qualify for future federal aid assistance for school or federal home loans, referred to collection agencies when applicable.

What I learned there was the full details of getting Federal Student Aid,the hardest part varied because I dealt with people in process of a work check garnishment,Social Security and/or Income Tax check garnishment and they already call in angry,so I have to deal with being every derogatory name in the book or sharing the pain of elderly/disabled people getting their benefits taken.

I enjoyed the atmosphere there,I helped train new employees as well as making some who called feel better by helping them understand what puzzled them or was able to resolve what stressed them.
Pros
Excellent rapport among the office personnel
Cons
Getting cursed out daily
Productive and fun place to work provide help and credit the community
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Working at General dynamics has been a fun and educational experience It's taught me a lot about the payment plans when it comes to premium and deductibles and also allowed Me to connect with new consumers all around the country
There's good and bad
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 18, 2018
There is opportunity for advancement, if you work the right way.
Until and unless, you happen to obtain a position underneath a a supervisor who is less qualified, and unethical. I loved the company, despite some of it's issues, until thathappened to me.
The STAR interview method is standard.
Rather than improve operations, those in charge are left to strive to please higher-ups, in the short-term, who answer to non-profit driven entities. Upper management is largely out of touch with the technology today that could make their operations much much efficient. No one in charge wants to stick their neck out.The only solutions to the chronic problems are thought out in the short term, and the result is that the bosses at the same issues, year after year, and scratch their heads like there's no way to fix them, while a thousand underlings have good suggestions that they refuse to listen to,
Pros
Interesting work, lots of people, very transferable skills.
Cons
It's a government contractor, and is dysfunctional for people who are actually trying to produce results.
Production work
Welder (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2018
Good place to make money and get proper experience in trades. Would not recommend union, it's weak. Personally would recommend keeping an eye out for other jobs once you have experience, you can make more money and get better bennies elsewhere.
Great workplace and company
Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 18, 2018
Great workplace and company with pool tables at the lobby.
Great food and cafeteria.
Workplace culture is excellent.
People are very friendly and acknowledges as you walk by each other.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 17, 2018
Very awsome work place to work at . They treat you well and care for you as their employee . Gives you alot of benifits and awsome trainers and work environment
Overall good company
Senior Manager-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IASeptember 17, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. There is a lot of restructuring taking place at the organization. More of the positions available are outside of the Coralville area.
poor work environment
Internal Support (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LASeptember 17, 2018
The work place is very stressful environment, they would be so hard on the employees, the job itself was stressful dealing with consumers then the employer had you on a ticking time bomb stress stress stress
enjoyable
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Gen Med Tier 1
fact paced call center
meet different people different culture
learned medicare procedures comparing plans for the elderly and disabled
Great place to work at.
Network Engineer - Kelley Barracks (Current Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergSeptember 16, 2018
I would recommend GDIT. They have the best benefits around. Great team and there is room to learn and grow. Their 401K is one of the best retirement savings I've seen in a long time.
Pros
Benefits, Work and Life balance
Cons
Too many meetings.
Nice place to work. Coworkers are friendly and helpful, as well as team players.
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MASeptember 15, 2018
Employment at GDIT has been a great benef to me. I have had the opportunity to learn on a daily basis. My experience at GDIT, I feel has offered me the experience and knowledge to advance my career.

Typical workday 5:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Support of 911 Operators in the MA Next Gen project.
I have learned valuable information concerning Network Switching and Routing.
Culture is generally calm and friendly.
Hardest part of my job is not being able to resolve issues with first call, due to having to escalate to GUI Vendor.
Learning, learning and more learning.
Pros
Minimally stressful with great team efforts.
Cons
I am the only woman working in the NSOC.
Very busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I believe that GDIT is a good starting ground into health care for people who have no knowledge or experience in health care. This allows people to get an idea of what health care is.
its a call center, ofcourse you are expected to take calls
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FLSeptember 14, 2018
There are good days and bad days. Consumers can be very rude at times.
high call volume setting.
get paid more for being bilingual.
scheduling is a bit troublesome. casual dress policy.
Great benefits, as well as a great work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 14, 2018
I worked for this company for about 7 months, it was great pay, benefits, the whole 9 yards. I made the decisions of quitting. and now I am waiting to get that job back. The told us in training, this job is legit. I should have listened.
Pros
Breaks, Lunch room, always had hog wild or something good catered in
Cons
parking lot was always packed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
42K
31.3K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.9Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.