General Dynamics Information Technology

General Dynamics Information Technology insights

Based on 1,023 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Laid back

Laid back good work environment. A good stepping stone in the beginning of a career. There is definitely a feel good team environment at the location I worked at,

Great opportunities for advancement.

Training opportunities available for advancement. Working lunches with colleagues and cross training.Lateral transfer opportunities. Incentive programs.

Pros

Training opportunities

Cons

N/a

Great place to work After graduation

Great place to work After graduation. Looks of opportunities for growth and career advancement. Multiples options and contracts so you won’t be left without a job

long hours good pay no life out side of work.

do not work here your just a number and they will lay you off as soon as work slows down. overtime is a must for them they would rather you work than have fun with your wife and kids.

Pros

great pay

Cons

short breaks

This company has ordinary pay for slave work.

This company loves drama and is very unfair to employees.This company will overwork you, and underpay you as well. The leaders in management are messy and will not let you level up.

Pros

Good insurance, fair breaks, fair lunch

Cons

Company is filled with drama from management, Company pay is not good enough for what you have to deal with management

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Work Flexibility

Work Flexibility Tuition Assistance Excellent Online Training Courses Upward Mobility to Promotion Overall quality of life and work culture is outstanding

Good people working there

The work site was nice, people were friendly. But the Gov't was not a good customer, but GDIT was a good company. They (Gov't) fired contractors without provocation.

Very corporate. Boring cultutre.

There's great opportunity to work with other teams and move to different positions laterally. The pay isn't amazing, but the benefits were satisfactory. Management would be better.

Pros

Occasional free lunches and snacks.

Cons

Stressful at times, dead end positions

Great entry level CSR position

I found my love for call centers here ! I believe that I was able to find more stability and structure working here. The training was fun and engaging and it is paid . This is the perfect CSR position for young people.

Pros

Pay, Community

Cons

Short breaks, poor management

Horrible place to work

They only care about themselves. You mean nothing as a person!!!! Don’t expect anything from the company and don’t trust anyone. There is nothing to be gained from working at this place.

Pros

Cons

Hateful selfish phony people!!!

Jobs at General Dynamics Information Technology

See more jobs

Worst company I have ever worked for.

First going into the job it was great then they change management so much and it’s show or pay really irritated me. They don’t do what they say they are going to do.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Short breaks, docked for being late and they stand over your back like your in kindergarten.

Less strict than the fed gov't

Cubicles 😁 not very private while dealing with PII. CSRs were in one big massive room. Was an ok job with ok pay till I went to the fed for about $10k more a year and strict protocols.

Pros

Lockers for personal gear, paid training

Cons

Short lunch

Work remote and love it

I am a field engineer and love what I do. I realize at any time I will be called to travel for my job. I am usually given at least a week notice. I love to travel so that is fine by mean. The pay is good. Management is fair and understanding.

Pros

Great pay. Great leadership.

Cons

Contact work so any year could be your last

The company is a good place to work. They provide training to all employees. The only issue is that its a government contract company which makes job Security limited.

Pros

Benefits, Flexibility

Cons

Job Security

Customer service

Just a warm body in a seat until they no longer needed you. Liked the bonuses though. Guess it was to ease their mind for no job security. The only thing we done was set and read from a computer screen to customer. We were t taught how to handle situations but hand them off so that felt incomplete.

It was ok

Favoritism, gossip, and high turnover. The company was fine. The management was a joke but the pay was decent at the time. The systems were very easy to use.

Pros

Good insurance

Cons

The people with position power issues

Very low morale, short breaks, and no compassion

General Dynamics was the worst company I have ever worked for, you would get reprimanded almost daily from other staff members. It’s one company I will never work for again, they reached out to me to work for them again recently and I declined. It’s the only job that I would sit in my car and cry before having to clock in.

Pros

None that I can think.

Cons

Short breaks, no proper training, no room for advancement, very rude staff.

Be prepared to work.

One of the best places I have ever worked at as a customer service representative. You have full benefits, paid time time off, vacation, and sick time as well as other incentives such as a attendance and referral bonuses, and the ability to work at home. Shifts bids are roughly every 6 months, so if you don’t like your current shift you can choose between several other shifts to work from. Your off every weekend and most of the government holidays. Amazing support teams! If you need help on a call you have several options whether it’s your team lead, supervisor or the help queue. The only thing I don’t like is the availability for time off, they want you to request time off as soon as possible and you won’t know if your request has been approved almost at the last minute and it feels like a burden to request time off. They make it feel like you should be at work at all times and that you’d should schedule any kind of appointment or activity outside of your work schedule.

Pros

Benefits, vacation/sick times, bonuses, amazing pay rate

Cons

Hiring process, requesting time off feels like a burden.

No room for advancement

Its a good company with good people but they give you no room for your next position up and no resources to achieve it. When I asked my boss what the next steps to move up in my job was, he told me to look at other companies.

Boring, decent job

Boring, decent job. It was pretty generic, scripted calls, you really just were on repeat all day helping customers with their insurance plans. Management was good as far as who I was assigned.

Fast paced great benefits

The benefits are awesome time off is good if you get the request in 3-4 weeks ahead of time supervisors need to get on the same page with how to do things you get told different from each supervisor and you change supervisors often calls are the same everyday and can become very depressing

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Short lunches and breaks 30 minute lunch break and 2 15 minute breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight