General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Relaxed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, VAJuly 15, 2018
Company offered great benifits and training. Employees can always receive more training to increase certifications for promtions. All information is given to you and easy to access. The hardest part of the job was giving information that customer may not like to hear.
Pros
Pay, Benifits
Love this company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJuly 15, 2018
I loved working for this company...great benefits and you can work overtime if you are able to get the available hours being offered for overtime. The pay is good and it is an awesome opportunity for anyone.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
30 minute lunches
Productive and fun workplace to work at.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at GDIT. The calls were pleasant at times. We had several activities that they sponsored for the employees. I had a great relationship with management and coworkers.
Relaxing
Marketplace (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 14, 2018
The job is not that difficult and it relaxing to a certain point before and after open enrollment. It's for job advancement and management it good.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that its relaxing.
This place is NOT a good place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, KYJuly 13, 2018
No room for advancement. Constantly wonder if your job is on the line. Too many rules and policies that seem designed to set you up for failure so that you can be fired. Back to back phone calls, poor health insurance, lowest paying call center in this area. Absolutely horrible. Most employees and supervisors hate the job.
Pros
Cons
Anything you can imagine.
good management to work under
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 13, 2018
the management seemed to really care about the people that worked for them and the pay and benefits were very good and the training received was very helpful for the job that was performed
Pros
excellent benefits, decent pay, good management and training
Cons
Great company to work for
Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92113July 13, 2018
Morning shift starts at 6:30am, First thing in the morning is meeting with the boss then work starts. Work well with others. Works can be hard and stressful. Management is there to help when ever needed. Great company to work for. Benefits and perks are good
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
Can be hard work
Nice relaxing place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 13, 2018
I loved working at general dynamics. I liked my team and loved my supervisor. I loved talking to customers from different states and helping them with their problems.
Pros
Breaks, friends
Cons
Open enrollment busyness
something is better then nothing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 12, 2018
flexible schedules and easy work. you will like this place if you like talking to new people a lot and solving problems. However that is about it. Its not fulling and there is little to improve upon.
Great place to learn.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 12, 2018
I worked out of a lab, so it was a great place to learn. If the person is driven, they can learn enough to be an engineer. However, the company does not pay well.
Pros
Great place to learn.
Cons
Company pays below market value.
Very well established and secure
General Medicare and Technical Support CSR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021July 12, 2018
They have very friendly people working there and they are very helpful if you are struggling to understand the work they do. They mainly work on government contracts and their building does not allow paperwork because everything is done online.
Pros
Secure Job
Cons
Few positions to hire up.
What you would expect from a large company
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 12, 2018
It was always challenging to work with the engineering team at General Dynamics. The projects were usually very large in scope and required many disciplines to complete.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Large Company
Learned a lot
Customer Support Technician/System Admin (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 11, 2018
While I was working for GDIT I learned a great deal. Management was awesome and honestly cared about employees. I wish that the contract never ended. Great place to work
informative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 11, 2018
GDIT was a great place to work, I only wish it was permanent rather than temporary. My fellow co-workers were amazing to work with along with the department supervisors
Pros
Free Health
Cons
only a temporary position
Company
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 11, 2018
This company is amazing. The environment is friendly. My leadership is approachable. They have various contracts so they are always availability to work.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Less than preferred salary for a lvl 1 but great benefits and work life balance
Special Investigator 1 (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 11, 2018
Working at GDIT is a pretty amazing opportunity. The management on the field level is amazing and the job satisfaction is also pretty high. The only con of this company is that I believe that with what the job entails we need to receive more compensation. Level 1s are not paid very highly. However the fact you are given so much responsibility with no supervision helps make the job more relaxing and fun. GDIT has many benefits including Tuition Reimbursement and low cost Vision, Dental, Health, Life , and identity protection.
Pros
Free to make your own schedule, No supervision, great field management, rewarding job, Benefits.
Cons
Pay, the IT side of the company leaves more to be desired.
Pentagon Tech Control
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 11, 2018
Great work environment with good pay, and the ability to work your way up through organization if that is something you want to strive for. I never had anything bad to say about my time at GDIT.
Stressful
General Dynamics (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 10, 2018
It was a very stressful job. Ppl was very rude an you get called names am cussed out. But other then that the ppl that i worked was wonderful but i wouldn't recommend to anyone that that cant handle stress
Contract
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed my position at GDIT. I gained customer service experience and met some great co-workers. There is not advancement options in place for employees that have degrees, company does not move current employees up or give them the tools to move up with in the organization. Too much time and waste of money that is not geared toward employee rapid turnovers. Contracts are not validated and employee does not have any idea if or when the contract will end by the first acquired date.
gdit
Customer Service Represntative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 10, 2018
fun relaxing easy money quiet friendly environment fast paced honest helping caring co workers supervisors great benefits answering consumer concerns and questions updated statues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
41.9K
31.3K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.9Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.