General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 4,412 reviews matching the search See all 4,594 reviews
Nice place so far
Background Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 12, 2018
I haven't been with the company long, but so far its been pretty good. The training could be a bit more detailed to have better confidence in starting a new job. I love the flexible schedule and having the freedom to be my own person to execute my job without micromanaging.
Pros
Flexible schedule, benefits, autonomy.
Cons
Initial training, promotion opps.
Productive but laid back place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 11, 2018
A busy place filled with individuals who are there to assist the people who call in for the help. Employees have been trained and prepared to provide callers with accurate information and a peace of mind.
Pros
Two week vacations and paid holidays
Cons
Short breaks
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 9, 2018
Unbound calls are mad. Lots of calls all the time to keep you busy. No time to get bored. Multicultural environment with fun activities to enhance it.
Terrible work enviornment
Medicare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 9, 2018
I was the wrong color for this job, I am a white female who never got any help from Mgt the black employees get the promotions and get help from the staff.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks w not enough time to return
Federal
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 8, 2018
It has to be understood that all jobs provided by GDIT are under a federal contract, therefore all pay structures are based on the contract and selected states cost of living. Working there for over two years only bonuses were provided per additional language or evening/night shift.
Ok
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYNovember 8, 2018
General Dynamics was a good job at first. It was very stressful because the call volume . Was able to get over time often. Was able to take off work to take children to doctor.
good employer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  kentuckyNovember 7, 2018
provide customer service
good benefits
flexible hours
good pay
employee incentives
monetary rewards
hardest thing sometimes is language barriers
Pros
customer service week
Cons
short lunch break
It's a decent job
Customer Trainer Sr (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 7, 2018
Working here has not been Awesome. I don't even feel like an employee. I feel like I'm employed by the contract and GDIT is merely the one who gives me a check. Not very rewarding or challenging...
it was alright
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 6, 2018
If you can type and listen then its not too bad. The hardest thing to do other than show up to work on time is dealing with difficult callers who have real life issues
This is NOT in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 6, 2018
2400 Oakdale Blvd, Coralville, IA 52241

Can't find anyone to work there so you have to lie to mislead people to apply? PATHETIC

PS- You will have to have FBI background check for a $12/hr job. Extensive BS training on confidentiality, privacy policies etc, etc. Not worth $12/hr
Productive work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 5, 2018
The company had its challenges, but it has equipped me with the skills and knowledge required to be successful within any field. I say this because it has taught me the value of hard work and time management. In addition, what it means to work as a team in a fast paced environment.
General Dynamics
CSR (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYNovember 5, 2018
General Dynamics Information Technology was a very well rounded place to work. It was very laid back, and all co workers were friendly and easy to communicate with.
Pros
Indoors, sit down
Cons
Mentally stressful
Quota based with micromanagment
Intelligence analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VANovember 5, 2018
A typical day is completing 15 leads minimum to meet quota. 15 leads a day is the quota for someone who has their TS clearance, which is the same amount of leads expected from someone without their TS clearance. I don't understand how this makes sense. High employee turnover with low work morale
Pros
Cons
30 minute working lunches, micromanagment, quota inconsistencies, high employee turnover, low work morale
It is a good place to work if you like being able to sit down all day.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 5, 2018
The job itself is not bad. I was not offered many hours because I worked part-time which I only had 4 hours a day. Good thing was I was off for 2 days.
Great place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 4, 2018
We were acquired by GDIT at the time and the transition went well . We had a bigger team and supported the systems. Stayed with the company for 8 years..
Inviting company culture with many opportunities for movement
Senior Manager of Customer Engagement (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2018
The company if focused on growing and becoming a better GDIT which gives employees opportunities to grow and gain different experiences. Many inter-company positions moves are available.
good place to work lot of over time
Senior Electricain (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 2, 2018
good place to work lot of over time great benifits people are great willing to help every step of the way.would recoment to any looking for employment
Gd
Senior RF Telecommunication Technician (Current Employee) –  BagrāmNovember 1, 2018
Great Company to work for. Just have to look out for the contracts, and how the benefits were bided. Can be be anywhere from a slow paced day to a fast paced.
Nice quiet place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, KYOctober 30, 2018
I enjoyed this job other than the fact I couldn't get switched from part time to full time.i was mostly on my own in my own area.i enjoyed that our breaks were scheduled at certain time
Pros
Schheduled breaks.ato.
Cons
Farther from home
chilled relax work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 30, 2018
this job is pretty laid back just answer the phone all day and transfer customers to the right department honestly don't know too much about it we clock in by signing a sheet of paper idk how they keep up with the hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at General Dynamics Information Technology.

Powered by Comparably