General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 17, 2017
Great place to work and there's plenty room for advancement, the management was very professional, the hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, the most enjoyable was being able to help people
Overall Experience
Principal System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 17, 2017
Excellent place to work. Company looking out for their employees. Putting employees family before the business. Work hours are excellent.

Company benefits are excellent. Not had a problem with any of the dental, medical, or vision insurance.
Pros
open door policy
Great
Education/Marketplace Temp (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 17, 2017
Better than any of the other call centers in town. They provide great salaries and even better health benefits through the company. I enjoyed my time there but sadly, i was only a temp and there was no more room to become RFT.
Had problems keeping us busy
Test Score Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 16, 2017
They seemed to run out of work on the contract. I don't know if it was the contract manager or the people supplying the work - poor workflow of data. Nobody seemed to know what was going on with the contract.
Good Place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 16, 2017
Management care about employees and keep culture of family first. mid level management is super good. I worked there as a business analyst for about one year, all together it was a good experience.
I would work for them again
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 15, 2017
A day of answering phones, running errands, renewing passports,scheduling appointments, reserving conference rooms, planning activities and scheduling transportaion
Pros
Made good money
Cons
Cafeteria was expensive
Great working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at General Dynamics Information Technology. The training was paid, and I enjoyed the training that was provided by the trainers. I worked well with my coworkers and supervisors.
Fair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYNovember 15, 2017
Great pay. Friendly environment. No space for attendance issues. Will not work with you on the hours that you can or can't miss. They are not caring of any personal issues you may have
interned at this company
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 15, 2017
Not much to say about this company. This was a long time ago and it seems like I am forced to write a review of this company. My experience here was minimal.
Fellow employees are professional and well-rounded
Recruiting Manager, Military Health (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDNovember 15, 2017
I love the people I work with. A great team. Knowledgeable, personable, committed to the work they do. Good work/life balance. Office location is great; easily accessible from 695.
great customer service experience
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Chester, VANovember 14, 2017
I liked working at general dynamics because I have always loved helping people and hearing the sound of happy medicare recipients made me feel even better, The hardest part about the job is hearing the sad stories that the elderly people was going through and I wasn't able to help them.
Pros
full benifits, dress code, prestige
Cons
stress, drama at the workplace
Declining Benefits
Senior Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, KYNovember 14, 2017
As I was promoted I found that my benefits were actually lowering and not increasing. I lost health coverage that I had before I was management. It would seem like you would receive more benefits as you moved into senior management roles.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Declining Benefits, Low Pay
Just my opinion
Call Center Representative, Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 14, 2017
The job is not hard but it can be stressful. They don't pay us enough for what we put up with. Things are always changing would be the hardest part of the job in my opinion.
Good Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed my time that I was employed with General Dynamics/Vangent. I worked on 3 different projects and they were all very good. I would've liked to see raises at that time, but there weren't any.
Great Place
Tier 2 Correspondence Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 13, 2017
Wish I never needed to leave, it wash not my intention to leave and the staff did not want to terminate my contract. If you're looking for a great work environment and entry level job - than this is it.
Awesome
CCO Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bogalusa, LANovember 13, 2017
this is a very awesome company to work for. You have the option of moving up in the company within. They are always hiring for different positions. They always are looking for new talent.
Fast paced work environment
ASSISTANT, PURCHASING, BUYER (Current Employee) –  California, MDNovember 13, 2017
I enjoy my time at GDIT. I work in procurement and never know what each day is going to entail. I order material for ongoing installations aboard US Navy ships. At certain times we are slow but we make up for it when we are ordering for all 26 programs we service. The people are amazing and the management team is supportive of working hard and also taking care of our personal, mental health.
Too stressful
General Medicare call representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 13, 2017
I could not handle this job. Some people are cut out for call center work. If you have a drive to listen to people scream at you with barely any breaks, low hourly wage and low amount of days off. Then good for you.
Cons
Too many people with bad attitudes and too many people in high positions in the buddy system..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 12, 2017
They are always looking for ways to fire you! Everything you do they have something to say. If you are not a loud, messy person, they don't want you there. Its like they treat the good hard working people like dirt and they treat the ones who are always using vulgar language better... It is a big buddy system. So if you don't fit into the category of what they say is "normal" then do not waste your time!!!
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
No room for advancment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IA 52241November 11, 2017
General dynamics had a friendly environment. Offering typing and great customer service skills. It also taught me know to deal with certain situations due to calls some were friendly and others were a little sad and heartbreaking.
Pros
On campus lunch
Cons
Health care benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.