General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Found 6,118 reviews matching the search See all 6,388 reviews
Great place to work overall
Internal Support Group Specailist (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAJanuary 15, 2019
Great company,excellent benefits! Supervisors are great! Management is a MESS! Unprofessional basically “hoodrats with a title”. Management made everything more complicated than needed
Pros
Great benefits! Good pay! Consistent schedule
Cons
Terribly unqualified management!
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 15, 2019
I had a great time working for GDIT they system that they used we're great and I just loved it the people I worked with were also great even the supervisors b
Great company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 15, 2019
The one in Hattiesburg is now maximus it was miserable after the takeover. No one trained us their new systems it was the blind leading the blind. I loved grit I wish it would have stayed the same.
GDIT Review
Local Site Administrator / CCO Desktop (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 14, 2019
The CCO Contract GDIT held was a typical call center work experience. However the culture and employee moral could have been better. I still enjoy my role and LOB.
Company is going through a merger
Operations MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 13, 2019
At the moment this work in progress as the company is going through a merger. As a result HR processes are not totally in place. Future benefits are unknown. Managemnt is just being restructured.
It was a organized fun atmosphere
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 12, 2019
Great people and managers. 401k and health benefits are a plus. My supervisor was excellent and helped of he could to make work a lot easier. Too bad I had to leave.
Pros
Team potlucks, company provided lunches often
Cons
No phones
Excellent place to develop a career
Marine Designer and Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJanuary 10, 2019
GD BIW is an excellent place to develop a career. Many positions are available now and many more are opening up within the next year. I highly recommend BIW to anyone with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
It was an honor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYJanuary 10, 2019
It was an honor to be able to help with various government programs.. I had a great time and there was a great work environment. I also enjoyed the training that was provided to me.
Pros
Training. Work environment
Cons
Short breaks. Egos of various workers
General Dynamics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 10, 2019
Too cut throat, they keep moving you around the office. Too Scripted and the supervisors are allowed to bad mouth you, no complaint ever addressed. Everyone looks for another job.
Pros
Cons
too scripted
Interesting place to work
Pipe Welder/Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 10, 2019
General dynamics is a great place to work. The experience that I had was incredible. Great people to work with. Working on nuclear powered submarines was an incredible experience.
Great Company
Training Integrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJanuary 10, 2019
Great Group of professional and collaborative team effort with the ability to assist the military in the efforts across the globe. Completed Doctorate Degree seeking career advancement.
Pros
Retired Military
Cons
Limited Advancement
The worst company I have ever worked for
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLJanuary 9, 2019
The company as a call center is very unorganized, poor leadership, chooses the most unqualified people to work for them, dress code non existent and very poor management as a call center.
Pros
Cons
Worst place ever
Clear Expectation, Effective Training, Relaxed Managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 9, 2019
It was a pleasant place to work. The supervisors are helpful informative and accommodating. The pay wasn't the greatest, but was sufficient to make ends meet and it is easy to move up the ladder there. They have many departments to work in and multiple shifts for those needing the freedom of choice. You are however micromanaged in terms of time on phones so be prepared for that.
Pros
Relaxed and Positive work environment
Cons
limited breaks, no shift flexibility
Just a job
Assisting consumers (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021January 8, 2019
I took phone calls for medicare and the market place, I helped members with choosing a health plan. I did not like this place because everything was so unorganized. I did work with awesome people and made lots of friends.
Government Contract
Principal Developer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 8, 2019
Just started with GDIT. It's been very positive so far. It appears like upper management has all of their ducks in a row. Looking forward to working with competent, driven, intelligent people.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
health insurance options could be better
I have worked at GDIT
Cloud Engineer/Splunk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 8, 2019
As one of the main employees for the small school i was utilized in nearly every area of the school learning all in house procedures and sate codes and laws to help keep the functioning at a high level.
Overall its a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2019
It's a face paced call center that revolves around the consumers. Great insentives during September through January. You had to earn paid sick leave but there was no paid vaca time
Not a bad place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 7, 2019
The job is very stressful you would be on the phone countless of hours because of the calls you would take required much information from the customers.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
N/a
General Dynamics was not a bad experience , but the positions were mostly temporary.
There was not a great deal of room for advancement but the unity among the workers was very encouraging .
Great place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2019
I just love helping people with their needs when they call into the call center it’s a great experience helping people out I love what I do at general dynamics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
42.1K
31.4K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight