General Dynamics Information Technology

United States5,279 reviews

Found 5,279 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,492 reviews
dynamicgeneralgdcontractconsumermedicaregovernmentcaller

Laid back

Laid back good work environment. A good stepping stone in the beginning of a career. There is definitely a feel good team environment at the location I worked at,

Their employees mean nothing to the corporate agenda

No structure in production. Constantly pushing for more without the leadership to make it happen. Obviously it is about the company gaining more for management without any concern for the laborers.

General Dynamics Information Technology insights

Based on 1,326 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Loved my time at gdit

I relocated from California to Pennsylvania and loved, loved my job there as a case coordinator. My direct supervisor was awesome and so were other managers. Unfortunately when I transferred back to California I had the worst supervisor ever and upper management did little to nothing about all the many, many complaints about her which eventually led to me leaving. Outside of that one bad manager it was overall a great company to work for. It was a remote position and lots of great people I met along the way. Remote was awesome with visiting sites 1x week. Best job ever. Hate that I let one bad seed get me to quit and that management responded so poorly

Fun workplace

Loved my job just wished they paid you what your worth. For all the work their asking for. They did have good management on how they could help make work easier. Always a listening ear.

Very good place to work,very professional.

This was a great place to work, I will recommend this job to anyone. I love definitely work back here. Very caring about the member and the working. Benefits are very good as well as 401k.

Pros

Great pay, and benefits.

Cons

High pace

Please beware. No leadership to reflect the GD name.

I would not recommend this company. The job started out ok but slowing turned into a nightmare. Employees typically were thrown under the bus and they would back up and do it again.

Awesome Job

I loved working for GDIT. I got to work on a lot of really fascinating projects and I learned so much from all of the great people around me. I ended up leaving after 8 years because I wanted to get out of the contract world. Nothing against GDIT at all, they were amazing.

Pros

Very relaxed environment

Cons

Depending on which political party is in office - contracts may run dry

Lovely place to work

Everyone is friendly. Management really cares about the team. Provider great training. Lots of access to resources needed to be successful. PTO isn’t the best.

Good Workplace

Good job overall. Pay was not enough for the amount of work. I had a great supervisor. Call monitors need more training. Metrics need to be revised. .

Cons

Pay

Large company with small company feel

For a company this large, you still have very engaged leadership all the way to the top. Work/life balance is at the top of initiatives, closely followed by internal mobility and opportunities.

I liked the diversity of workers, but I often felt stressed out.

I only worked at GDIT for one season. I once got so stressed out that I left to go to my doctor to get some Ativan. It took two doses for me to calm down enough to go to work.

Great pay with tolerable hours

Great job with excellent benefits such as healthcare, regular schedule, and paid leave. Hiring process and training is extensive, but well worth it. Only drawback is that calls may become hectic after major disasters, like hurricanes or floods.

Fast work environment typical government contractor

Not a bad place to work company seems to have employee programs and is helpful in ensuring comfort in job security. Relatively low paying but normal for government contracting. Working hours extend to multiple shifts requires flexibility. Must be an expert in your particular field to be successful.

Ok if looking for a remote job

It's an hourly job, clear schedule, low pay. No surprises. But the quality of the job will depend on the contract you are hired for. I started with a good contract. My manager and my teammates were awesome. 2nd contract was terrible.

Pros

Great benefits, Health and dental were optional, they were deducted from your pay but at least they were pretty cheap

Cons

Boring job, Low pay, Benefits deducted from your pay so pay was VERY low, Stability and quality of job depended on contract

Ok

No much to really say . It’s a job and decent pay for the area. Call volume very overwhelming. Metric driven , management has little to no experience.

poor management no help for newbies

If the training provided was taught by people who can relay/teach the information in terms everyone can get it instead of always making it about them and how they moved up in the company, the success rate would be much higher.

I’ve worked a General Dynamics for over 10 years I find the management to be open and receptive to employee input. They recognize hard work and a good work ethic. My Director was fabulous.

GDIT is an excellent company to work for.

I do recommend GDIT as a great career opportunity with room for growth and advancement within the company. I worked for GDIT for almost 5 years the first time I worked for them.

Productive and professionalism

A typical day at work, hours are flexible; can work your own schedule as long as it meets 40 hours a week.People take pride in their work; very professional and for the most part the people are very approachable. Overall, a good company to work for.

You will make decent money and not hate your job

Most of the time there's a trade off with working right? You make good money but your management is brain dead, or you have a great job that you love and the pay isn't matching up to what you need. This job hits everything right in the middle. You can go to work, make pretty good money, and 99% of the management is really great. You would have to LOW ROLL hard on the dice to get a bad manager. You'll find yourself waking up wanting to go to work for the day because you wanna see some of the friends you made and get away from the house for the day. I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for something easy with decent pay. You can't be shy though, they will open you up.

Job satisfaction really depends on management

Different contracts may vary, but the job is great if you have a Project Manager that stands up for their employees. When the PM rolls over for the government, you will work extra hours, get additional taskings that aren't in the contract, etc.Benefits are good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare General Dynamics Information Technology with

• General Dynamics Information Technology
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?