General Dynamics Information Technology Employee Reviews

Assisting consumers with the enrollment and understanding the Affordable Care Act.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLApril 9, 2018
I was very fortunate to have a better understanding of the Affordable Care Act and assisting other people with the enrollment into health insurance. I was able to compare different insurance companies and assist consumers into the best possible policy.
Na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 9, 2018
The Manager that I had was amazing the tried to work with me on the hours because I had small children and my husband hours were clashing with mine...
Pros
It at your own risk
Cons
Its ran like a prison almost
Used to be CSRA
Electronics Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 9, 2018
I've only been with GDIT for less than a month, as they acquired CSRA. They seem like a carbon copy of every other Contracting company. Same HR stuff, same positions, same requirements. I'm in a field office and not the headquarters office. I can only speak for our area. Management is not great, very slow with information, very slow to get anything done at all really. The pay is decent, but there are several different sites with the same "positions", but they all have several different pay scales. Definitely not ok.
Fast-paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 8, 2018
General Dynamics was a great place to work, if you enjoy a fast pace job with back to back calls then this is the job for you. I had a good experience working there.
General Dynamics
SENIOR EVENTS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 8, 2018
My experience was mixed. Even though we planned meetings for veterans and the Department of Defense, there was not enough work and I was downsized from my position.
Hard.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 8, 2018
Most work is on ships in shipyard environment- difficult access and locations. Access to Norfolk Naval Shipyard and Huntington Ingalls (Newport News) is extremely difficult to get through security /,Pass office. Mostly due to high column but clearance checks are really slow. Once eventually cleared, then the walk to work site is close to 1 mile. Then one has to deal with shipyard requirements in daily work.

Any other work location is a piece of cake.
Pros
Steady work with little or no layoffs
Cons
work conditions are hard.
Treated like a rat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLApril 8, 2018
Do not recommend this job to anyone, if you don't believe the other negative stuff people have said, go ahead and work there and find out first hand, but don't quit a decent job to go work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2018
My only wish is that they had a location in nevada. I would love to work there but due to me relocating I no longer have that option. Highly recommend
gdit
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 7, 2018
took inbound calls, helped customer sign up for health insurance. Answered general health insurance questions. read from scripts. face pace. enjoyable co workers.
a typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLApril 7, 2018
Centralized contact point for all communications, problems and administrative inquiries posed
Assisted health professionals, doctors, patients, consumers, etc
Always assisted with a cheerful and professional attitude
Conducted research and analyzed competitor products
Assisted with all aspects of health insurance to consumers
Developed online support documentation and completed their application for them if needed
Discussed different health plans, options, and also comprehensive patient care plans to help find the best
option for that consumer
Cons
There were times that I felt like
steady
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 6, 2018
I do no have a review about this company, they has steady hours, strict rules, and strict attendance, Good company to work for and all benefits start up right away
Stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 6, 2018
Although I really enjoyed the clients that I assisted in this role, the work itself was stressful and demanding. Overtime was required at certain times, and shifts were not always based on your first choice. I handled several very stressful phone calls, and ensured the clients were ok before the call ended, but it was hard to witness the kind of stress some of them were under, due to the requirements of the calls. This was not a bad place to work, and the management staff were very friendly and helpful in most circumstances, but it is not the kind of environment I choose to be in for a long period of time. I am glad for the job I had, and I worked my full year contract, but I would not go back.
Pros
Good Management, support provided
Cons
Stressful environment, angry clients
good company for advancement opportunities. Traffic patterns on local road create many traffic tieups
Operations Analyst/Project Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Middletown, RIApril 6, 2018
I was allowed the chance to work on many varied projects outside of my Drafting position. The management culture at the time was to create contacts at the NUWC facility and foster working relations with them to assist the project they were in charge of. This of course resulted in many chances to work in various areas of Nava vessels.
Pros
chances to grow
Cons
many work contracts were financed year-to-year. money always tight
over all not a bad place to work
Program Performance Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAApril 6, 2018
This is an ok place to work. The pay is good . The benifits are ok, The people are very good. The work can be very stressfull at at times overall it is nut a bad place to work
Overall Satisfactory
Full-time Phones and Help Desk CSR (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 6, 2018
The typical day was quite easy, but can become hectic due to who contacts you and how busy it is overall. I learned many things about communications and technical problems. Management was very professional and approachable. The hardest part of the job is when you get back to back calls for 8 weeks due to OEP, but it does get easier. The most enjoyable part of the job is popcorn and pepsi days.
Pros
Catering, free snacks, conveniently located bathrooms, healthcare
Cons
Limited internet access
Boring
Password reset manager (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAApril 6, 2018
It was a half a** company to work for. They have no loyalty to employees. You are just a number and thats all you will be. Its not enjoyable and went home crying everynight.
Good
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynn Haven, FLApril 5, 2018
It’s a great job for people who don’t want to move around a lot or disabled or pregnant. The job does not discriminate against anyone. They feel they everyone deserves to be eligible to work for a decent pay.
Pros
Employer health coverage
Not recommended
Adv. Sr. Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 5, 2018
Unethical Management. No job security. Not a great place to work. If you like being on the road and have no family it may be for you, otherwise keep looking.
bad taste
Sr Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2018
If you're looking for a happy review, please don't look here.
GDIT left a bad taste in my mouth so I won't sugar coat anything.
Anteon should have never merged with GD...
Small companies need to stay small-
Pros
Anteon people
Cons
Should have stayed Anteon
it was an alriight job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 4, 2018
call center fast paced in the open enrollment , does alot of work with insurance companies. Room for growth with the company, Good benefits and better staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Information Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K

2.6

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight