General Dynamics Mission Systems Employee Reviews

Very productive
Advanced Engineer Scientist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 21, 2018
Day went really quickly as there was a lot to do all the time. Never boring. Great group of people. Very diversified. Learning potential was very good. Always something new to learn.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive, fun and rewarding.
Logistics analyst/technition (Current Employee) –  Mission ValleySeptember 17, 2018
I have never worked for a better company I feel like I am apart of a family and I get to wake up every day and do something that matters. Truly a good environment to grow and learn in all aspects of life.
Poor managment at all levels
Midrange Manage (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 8, 2018
Management has lost contact with the people actually making the company successful. The day to day workers. Management is focused on getting additional work from the customers and is providing low quality products. Not a good long term solution.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Stressful work environment.
Great Place to Work.
Senior Principal Field Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anywhere, USSeptember 3, 2018
I have been able to advance quickly and have been offered many opportunities to work between departments to gain more experience as desired. A great place to work.
Productive work environment and Opportunity to grow
SR. ADV. FIELD SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXAugust 18, 2018
Hard working projects are all around. Ability to grow within your job scope or lateral-train to grow is always available.Depending on your job, it is definitely demanding. However, you have the ability to be creative, because not every solution is in a book.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, gym reimbursement, 401K
Cons
Terrible healthcare options (high deductible)
Collaborative Team Environment
Tool/Pattern Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marion, VAAugust 16, 2018
Each day has it's unique challenges requiring adjustments to the previous days plan. Working together we modify the plan daily to continue to deliver the best products in the industry safely, on time and within budget.
Pros
Flexibility to be creative and influence the system of turing raw materials into finished goods.
Cons
The place I work is 50 miles away from the place I live, and I don't want to change the place I live.
Overall Work Environment
2D Technical Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 12, 2018
Working as a contractor with General dynamics has been great. The organization seems to care a lot about the people who are hired and it's reflected in a more productive team and overall nice environment.
Sr Material Handler
SR. Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 9, 2018
Prep, pulling and verify kits everyday. Entering data on a daily basis. Production control is more of the job description. Working with people that are very helpful.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Lots of hiring/new knowledge
9/80 schedule
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ENG. DEPARTMENT (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 29, 2018
9/80 schedule great work life balance. Enjoyable workplace and management is great. Very active job which I really love. Not much room for advancement
Extremely professionl company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJJuly 29, 2018
It was a pleasure working at GD at Fort Monmouth
Many benefits, extremely open environment
Freedom to innovate and pursue the best possible solutions
Laid of due to BRAC, separation benefits were extremely useful and helpful
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Na
Ess tech
Advanced Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAJuly 26, 2018
9x80 starting at 6:30 am. Overtime is constantly changing from Mandatory to highly encouraged to not allowed at all.

Poor management in the maintenance department. Still un able to get away from the Navy/Government mentality.

Culture is stressful with brown noses constantly getting notice while some of the actual workers left out in the field are never noticed.

Hardest part is dealing with the government bureaucracy.

Most enjoyable part is some of the people you work with.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything other than some of my coworkers.
Logistics and Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
Great pay and travelling allowances as needed. Slow days and busy days which make the days interesting. The people are great and the office setting is enjoyable.
Pros
discounts, medical, freedom
Cons
slow days
Great benefits
Logistics Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 22, 2018
Lack of room to progress and the managers only care about themselves and the special bonuses they are offered. The team dynamic is non existent and the pay scale is Condiluted.
Environment good, management not so good
Test engineer (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJuly 7, 2018
Great work environment, great people, only issue I had was management is not so good, they put you in impossible situations and expect miracles. Not much consideration for the employee... I would not work there again after having been there for 10 years...
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management is clueless
Lazy
Senior Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 2, 2018
Lazy bitter people work here. People who have been here for 20+ years and will not do anything, yet they continue to have a job. So if you have any kind of work ethic, this will drive you nuts
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 24, 2018
I was a contractor, wanting to go permanent. Would have loved to stay but a division shut down and I got cut. Subject to layoffs from loss of gov contracts..
Excellent corporation because of their workforce
Sr Instructor / Curriculum Developer / FSR Korea (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MA and worldwide locationsJune 21, 2018
I worked at General Dynamics for 28 years and always had a clear understanding of what was desired by our customers and we provided that to the customer.
Our group travelled 90% if the time and we were compensated for our efforts. Although being away from your family is something I will not recommend; we used to save some travel money or reward points to share with our family during bench time.
Recently, it was getting to be very difficult to perform the same high performance work because the lowest cost is not the best choice.
What I used to offset the family hardship was eventually taken away by policy changes.
I used to train our military and always slept better knowing we did our best at every level within the corporation.
I encourage you to work for General Dynamics and make it a career.
Contracts often lost. Can be laid off during clearance process.
Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VA 20151June 20, 2018
Contracts often lost. Can be laid off during clearance process. Therefore, not a stable source of employment. Difficult to advance. Good compensation, and benefits.
Good place to work.
Windows System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 14, 2018
Like I said I enjoyed my time there. Learned more there than any school. I dont want to say anymore but because there is a 150 char minimum I will fill this up with dead space.
Good balance with family life.
Senior Engineer Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 14, 2018
New ideas and thoughts are usually not heard until its a bit late. The architecture team has not delivered anything. And they continue to promote people with limited experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight