General Electric Employee Reviews

Very depressing place to work, QA team was not very united
Quality Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 24, 2018
The company had a high turnover rate, lack of communication among the various departments. People were on edge due to downsizing, Lots of frustrations with HR and training among the staff.
Pros
I was given the opportunity
Cons
Downsizing
Flexible environment
Digital Learning & Technology Leader, Crotonville (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
During career at GE, the work environment has been been flexible in the roles that I have had to work from home and from remote offices. The opportunity to connect and work with virtual, global teams has been rewarding.
General Electiric
Senior Design (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXMay 21, 2018
A typical day at GE would be a morning meeting which my team members and I report a summary of our work progress/ planned projects to the engineers that are supervising us.

At GE, I was able to learn a number of topics, such us the manufacturing process of locomotives, safety, and quality. Also, communicating with my team members, GE's employees, and the other UNT's team has helped me to improve my communication skills.
Roadside assistance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 14, 2018
Sat un fro\n of a computer all day responding to inbound calls from distressed members due to inactive vehicles. Very high paced. Worked from home. Would recommend to someone looking to work from home, self contracted receiving no benefits.
Good show
Enterprise Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2018
They give a good show for what their culture and work-life balance will be, but they will make you feel bad for taking time off and you will have to pay to park to go to work.
Very fast paced enviroment
Manufacturer Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
I worked in a factory setting and its very stressful and the elements with the climate will bury you if you are not in shape. They don't close down because of extreme heat and I experienced a heat stroke because of the elements.
GE work summary
Operations leader (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 9, 2018
GE is a great company to work for. GE takes care of it's people Great work Environment, Great benefits.GE is the world's digital industrial company , transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Pros
get people
good pay
OPERATOR/QUALITY CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at general Electric. The pay was excellent and the benefits were great. We also had a pension. I wish the Mattoon Plant could have stayed around another 20 years.
Best to move along
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  MultipleMay 7, 2018
Constant Layoffs. Just take a look at the stock price, that is entirely the fault of the leadership and nothing to do with the worker bees. Even better, look at the pension funding for the last 20 years somehow a $14B surplus became a $35B deficit, again leadership issues, not the workers fault.
Pros
A lot of smart co-workers
Cons
Very few promotions, Sometimes no raise, Rarely receive Bonus, Benefit cost increases faster than wages, Managers that will throw you under the bus to get ahead, Leadership say/do is less than 5%
Fun place to work
Manager, Application Engineering (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work is what I learned. Management, culture was the hardest part of the job, but also the most enjoyable part of the job. Am I at 150 characters yet?
Pros
The pros far out way the cons
Cons
The cons are not as bad as the pros
Se trabaja bajo mucha presión.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoMay 7, 2018
Un día típico es estresante, en muchas ocasiones no hay la mercancia ordenada.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Servicios Profesionales
Excellent place to develop as a proffessional.
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Vega Alta Municipio, PRMay 6, 2018
Best place to work and develop into a strong professional, started there straight out of college and due to its strong leadership and development programs, I was able to grow into a Quality Manager within 5 years of joining the company. Definitely came out a strong professional.
Pros
Freedom to make desicions, great training programs, overall business knowledge and exposure.
Cons
Fast paced environment, long hours, pay not as competitive as other industries.
good place to wok, company as a whole is going through majoir changes. longjevity is a concern
Enviromental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2018
good experience overall company is going through some major changes new CEO and layoffs. Job security is a concern for most employees including management.
Pros
freindly work enviroment
Cons
company is going through major financial issues
State of the art factory so got to experience alot of cutting edge technology.
Machinist / Assembler / Material controller (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAMay 4, 2018
Facility had over 200 work stations so always somewhere new to go and skills to learn. Very well compensated and a place one could be proud of working at.
Pros
Stock program and appliance discounts. Employee education programs.
Cons
Long drive to work. Job bidding limitations.
Productive wok place
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2018
Great job and good working work environment with good benefits

work as an analyst reconciling, budgeting, managing project for the logistics team around the glolbe
Pros
great job
Highly metrics driven.
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 2, 2018
GE Energy was undergoing major changes during my time there.
Lack of trust and support from immediate supervisor.
Lack of onsite support in HR, Quality and Finance.
Your were expected to use the shared resources across the network.
Emphasis on trivial tasks.
Pros
Strong networking among peers.
Cons
High stress and lack of support from upper management.
Great Place to Work
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississippi, and LouisianaMay 2, 2018
One of the best companies I've ever worked for !! Great pay, great benefits package! Treated you very will. A good communication, good leadership, good support staff. If not had been for 9/11, I would still be there today. I really enjoyed working with and for GE.
Pros
Team work
Cons
long days, and some weekends
It is what you make of it
Controls Solutions Architect, GE Power (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2018
focusing on the day to day is not sufficient to drive your career. always look at the bigger picture. Always have to be assertive with management and fight for what you want
good emloyees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 1, 2018
good middle manager spot to work with massive number of employees. good benefits and hard work environment to be in everyday. can be cut throat at times due to culture
Pros
employees
Cons
managers
No fun at all
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  LufkinMay 1, 2018
Be prepared to get layed off at any time,ask the 3500 employees that was lufkin industries at one time,purchased by G.E. ,no concern whatsoever with employees
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Electric. Our community is ready to answer.