General Electric Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good in general
Global Infrastructure Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Nuevo LeónSeptember 20, 2018
good company in almost every aspect, you can develop your self, there is opportunity to learn and get trained.

I highly recommend this company, I would like to work again there.
Pros
everthing is good
Cons
nothing
Productive and many new learning experiences
Project Coordinator/SAP Super User (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 20, 2018
While working with GE it was fun and a great learning experience. I was able to express my ideas and get feedback in order to make ideas become a realty. I made a lot of new friends and learned more then I expected. I was really looking to make GE a lifetime career company but had to relocate a few hours away from the location I was at. Tried to explain the job could be done remote but the company sadly didnt see it this way.
Fun working experience
Driver & Material Handle. (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRSeptember 19, 2018
I Learned shipping, receiving, forklift, load, unloading, customer service, and selling equipment. The hardest part is attending a client. I personally enjoyed traveling and delivering merchandise.
Pros
Calm, solid, and a good place for work.
Cons
Sometimes you have to carry heavy stuff.
Hardest part of the job
Resident technical support engineer (Current Employee) –  Nigeria LNG plant Bonny IslandSeptember 19, 2018
To deal with different customers that has different culture and a poor technical knowledge on GE equipment.

Working on different automation systems and keep yourself updated with the technologies that it is keep on changing every day.
Clinical Education Specialist
Clinical Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 18, 2018
As a salary employee, I was told I belong to GE. I traveled and put way more then 40 hours per week, some day traveling and training 17+ hours. Management plays favorites. I was told one then and then management turned around and did something else. Could never trust my manager!
Pros
benefits, however they will change with the sell-off of Healthcare
Cons
work/life balance
Great place to work coming out of college
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Great place to work coming out of college with great places and opportunities for advancement. GE was a wonderful place to work and I now wish I never left
Pros
Great place
Cons
dont know
bacause the job was in the san antonio area if you spoke spanish it was a HUGE plus
Pressure Tester (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXSeptember 17, 2018
the job I was working was in a competitive position with 4 other people. at the 6 month mark I was let go 1 day before I was protected by law if you spoke Spanish at this location it was a HUGE plus and the vast majority of the management and employees are Hispanic because of the proximity to san Antonio which is the majority of the population in that area
Good Place to work.
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILSeptember 15, 2018
Manufacturing facility closed down. Extremely good compensation and benefits. Good place to work, provide one of the highest paid and best benefits in the area.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Shut down
Somewhat productive when ideal parts are present.
MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Pay is average for a manufacturing business, wonderful benefits. Overtime guaranteed. Room for advancement if you're applicable. Will pay for your college intuition with the program they've got.
Promised many things, but when they had to do something it was different.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Salem, VASeptember 14, 2018
If they promise you that they will pay you something after lay off do not believe. Even if when I call to the headquarter about some problems they did not care. The higher management lies and disrespect people.
computer work
Battery Assembler (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 13, 2018
I was trained to do pixel repairs on thin glass with laser equipment that goes in hospital equipment for x-ray machines and mammogram equipment for reading patients results.
Pros
pizza parties at meetings
Cons
benefits werrnt to good
Good place to start your career but difficult to advance
Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
Provides a lot of resources and an environment in which you are on a steep learning curve and can have a high impact in a short period of time

Difficult to get promoted and benefits decreased since I first started working there

Doesn't give raises to keep up with inflation
Pros
Great work culture, good management, large amount of resources
Cons
Mediocre benefits, difficult to advance professionally
Good company
Lead Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Good company to work for with great benefits. Great culture. Teamwork. Value their employees. Embrace ideas from everyone and are open to feedback.
Alot of work but the people there were nice
Contractor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 10, 2018
The contractor I was working for had recently won the maintenance contract. I feel they had underestimated the amount of people (management) that was necessary to operate. They were having to absorb a lot of the cost of management in the home office because of that. They relocated the original project manager and brought in one making less money, removed 3 estimators and eliminated or realigned other positions to bring their cost down. My position was absorbed by someone making less money.
Pros
Close to home, hoped i could stay until i retired
Cons
Some of the GE folks didnt want us there and helped accordingly
Good place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Worked there several years ago - it was a great fit at the time for my family and me. Never had any complaints about the care and concern the company had for its employees.
Different Company
Experienced Commercial Leadership Program (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 10, 2018
GE has changed considerably since my time there. Three company has a great history of growing leaders. Nonetheless, with their dramatic revenue decline, opportunities are difficult to find.
Friendly co-workers, no room to improve
Routing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Never gave raises, there were no way to really advance in the company.
They were very good at giving time off when needed. Understanding boss and supervisor and also very good at training and helping when needed.
Pros
Fun office environment
Cons
No ways to advance, no raises
fun energetic
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2018
I really loved working at General Electric management was very nice. it been over 10 years since i've worked there. from my knowledge the company moved to another state
Productive place to work, traveled from state to state became to hard on the family
Solar Power Technician for the GE Solar Inverters (Former Employee) –  Port Lucie, FloridaSeptember 7, 2018
GE was a great company to work for. I was considered a subcontractor through GE. I traveled from Georgia to Florida when one site become operational. I worked on a construction site to set up a new solar farm in Florida.
Pros
Per diem expenses with daily living
Cons
Away from family constantly
Competitive
Electrical Assembler/Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fox Chapel, PASeptember 4, 2018
Competitive, face paced production. bad communication between the engineering department and the manufacturing floor, no one quite knew what was going on.