General Fasteners Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Was a decent place.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/trainer (Current Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAApril 5, 2018
Management does not listen to any of their workers period. You're not allowed to talk about pay scale, and this is because the people you train and are brought in long after you will get paid more regardless of how much knowledge you have and how much more you do. You can be a great worker and not get hired for years but they will hire around you. Management as a whole is unprofessional and they curse at their workers. Raises are horrendous if you even get one. You will not be recognized for your hard work and dedication.
The new system is failing and it isn't a secure job because it depends largely on the flux and flow of their customers.
The ONLY upside of this company is the insurance. Other than that, I would not recommend this as a place of work to anyone.
Pros
Healthcare, paid time off
Cons
Management, recognition, job-security, pay
Productive and great place to work!
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2017
Very Family oriented Company and I enjoyed all my years of working for them! Great people work there as well. I would recommend others highly. Always take care of their employees!!
Pros
Great Health Ins.
great place to work
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 19, 2016
If you like the fast pace environment this place is the best. Everyone who works for this company is super friendly. They also care that you have a life outside the company.
Great supervisors-Fast pace environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 5, 2016
I loved working for this company. The clientele was fantastic! At the time they had management that encouraged the advancement of their family members- not based on the internal or external performance of an employee.
Payroll, Benefits, HR Administrative
Typing for Benefits Manager and Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MichiganOctober 17, 2015
Great work place. Working in HR, Benefits and Payroll Department. Making travel, and hotel arrangements for Upper Management. Retired in 2010.
Pros
Great company
Cons
I worked with Automotive accounts, job secutiy was always shaky.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 20, 2015
My day always started with a phone call to my inside sales person, we discussed my schedule for the day and any issues with customers. I learned to work with engineering departments. Management was non-existent. If I had an issue with a customer, I dealt with it on my own, management was not available for assistance. I relied on my inside co-workers and they did not disappoint. The hardest part was always having to inform a customer their account was on credit hold. The most enjoyable was receiving a purchase order.
Pros
I was given a wide latitide in regards to expenses.
Cons
Lack of management assistance.
Company is very customer service oriented.
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 22, 2014
General Fasteners is geared towards superior customer service and meeting their fastener needs, sometimes sooner that expected. It's a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Location, job duties, fellow employees
Cons
pay scale
was fun
forklifting and shipping (Former Employee) –  charlotteOctober 17, 2013
getting work done on time. learning how the work the forklift. co- workers was fun to was with. the hardest part of the job is getting a forklift because they do have many or enough for the workers. the most enjoyable part about work is getting to job done.
Pros
1 hour for break
Cons
not enough forklift for the works
exciting workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2012
it was exciting and different environment, but enjoyable.
Pros
intriguing
Cons
economy effects them hard