General Growth Properties Employee Reviews

Great place
Group Vice President of Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2018
Great Company when I worked there
Typical day to day operations
Good Benefits
Opportunities to grow
Great speakers at conferences
Best part was being encourage to make decisions
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Not enough stability towards end of my time with them
highly stressful and over worked crew
grounds keeper (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 15, 2018
i was a groundskeeper job varied depending on the time of the year
what i learned was operating equipment skidsteers to plows
mgmt was fair mostly had thier hands tied. when i started there we 21 employees which blossemed to 31 during the summers only.
the hardest part of the job was turnover our crew was cut to 14 with 2 additional temp jobs during summers. mgmt would always threaten us with sub contractors unless we stepped up our productivity. this caused high turnover and several injuries including myself
it was stedy work and i was able to interact with people
Pros
free extra plants including shrub, annuals and tulips
Cons
snow storms and planting cycles were exhusting
Daily attention to others
Senior Kiosk Tenant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2018
Asset Management manages projects created by Business Development. I worked collaboratively with center management, business development and asset management in meeting the design & construction requirements.

This includes RFP, review and awarding of bids, managing construction progress. Design reviews with tenant and Architects as well as punch list items.
Pros
Location on River North
Challenging and Rewarding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of assisting the Executives with preparing various financial documentation, along with scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports for the team, etc.
What I learned was how Financial Dividends were distributed among Shareholders.
Management was always stressed with the concerns of the company's financial status.
The workplace culture was stressful within a casual work environment.
The hardest part was being worried, day-to-day, about my job stability.
The most enjoyable part were the wonderful people I met.
Pros
Challenging Work and People
Cons
Company Financial Stability
GGP is great, but...
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJuly 24, 2018
I worked at GGP full-time for nearly two years. No problems with GGP as a whole. They are a great company with great benefits.

Since GGP is a huge entity, with multiple locations, I can only speak of one particular location I worked. I have been through two separate management teams at his location. These negative remarks refer to the latest group...

The office dwellers are cliquish. The have little to no real life or work experiences that would have qualified them for the positions they hold. They have no idea that malls are a thing of the past, and are slowly dying. As someone with a military background understanding the team concept, I can tell you they have re-defined "team" from WE to ME. There is no team work, no leadership, and no communication. They have also turned the once great environment into a toxic, almost hostile, place to work. Anyone outside the office is second class to them.

Field workers are expected to perform duties with little to no resources. I understand budgets are a huge factor, but I still fail to understand how remodeling the offices (which didn't need to be) takes propriety over tools, safety equipment, and repairs needed to fix failing and potentially dangerous conditions around the property.
The management group needs to grow up and stop acting like they're in high school. They may want to consider leadership qualities that would benefit GGP instead of making them look bad.
benefits
Cons
management
Shopping mall
Associate Mall Accountant (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJuly 18, 2018
Great mall in New England
AR collections, deposits recording using JDEdwards, monthly invoicing ,
AP bills, new vendors set up, customers and vendors communication
janitor work place
willow brook mall (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 11, 2018
its really a no brainer just scrubbing floors on for night shift
they have driving machines there that you ride around and
you scrub the food court
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
They changed to smaller company.
Carousel /customer service supervisor. (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 27, 2018
This company was great to work with for a while but they changed to an outside company. While working there I was happy to be a part of their growth. Most days was light work for me and short hours to do.
I know from experience that doing a great job for any company and following the rules and guidelines for the company makes for great achievers. I look forward to hearing from new jobs just like this one in the near future.
Lack of leadership and concern for employees
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
Lack of support for field employees. Concern only for C-class and what they can accomplish. Do not listen and assist with employee/employer issues. Disappointed in track they take.
Flexible Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 16, 2018
I was working at General Growth while working my other full time job.
They were always very flexible with my hours to accommodate my other job. Loved the people and customers that I got to work with on a daily basis.
PoorLeadership
Maintenance Supervisor of North Town Mall (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 11, 2018
Your are treated like a slave though the office staff are not required to actually work. Most of the office staff spend their days killing time on Facebook and YouTube.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
Poor management
Mostly Ok
AP Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2018
It can feel like you are working with people from Mean Girls if you aren't in the "know". Certain groups back stab. Other groups get away with anything. Favoritism runs high here.
Culture is open and honest
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIApril 29, 2018
The whole company does practice the principles of HADTO.
• Humility – looking in the mirror first when things go wrong, respecting others when in disagreement, learning from constructive criticism, and being self-aware of impact on others;
• Attitude – displays positive spirit, adapts to changes, seeks opportunities, represents GGP, assumes good intent in others and remains constructive;
• Do the Right Thing – acts ethically and with integrity, maintains confidentiality and trust, does what is best for GGP and adheres to policies and procedures;
• Together – builds relationships, supports team decisions, respects others’ expertise and collaborates; and
• Own It – drives to the finish line, sets priorities, allocates resources, maintains productivity, challenges assumptions and balances risk and reward.
Pros
Large company with good management
Cons
Large company wiht good management
Ok benefits,good earning potential for the right person
Group Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 26, 2018
ok benefits, no advancement, good work environment. Be wary of spinoffs--they will happen again in an ever-changing retail landscape especially when they have properties for sale.
Too much office politics
OFFICE SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
the company culture as a whole do not honor a hard-working dedicated employee instead they want someone that's going to kiss butt and allow themselves to be treated any type of way from their employer
Pros
Nice benefit package
Cons
Hard work goes unappreciated
such a great place to work
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2018
everyone is friendly
everyone is competent
highly capable management
great corp culture
top down left right everyone is fun and talented and helpful
i miss GGP
Intern
Investor Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2018
Great internship program. Well organized internship that gave a great well rounded experience. Interns learned a lot over the summer and were able to gain great insight into mall REITs.
Impressive Organization
Sr. Executive IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMarch 21, 2018
This organization is a firm that exemplifies IT supporting the business and utilizing technology efficiently and effectively to further the focus and vision of their business.
Pros
Progressive organization that partners well with their business
Fun-place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 19, 2018
It would be a good place to work if you had the right management that was fair to there employees. Treated them with respect, the most enjoyable part was making friends with the mall employees.
Benefits
Cons
Director of Visual Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2018
I've never work with a dedicated group of people. Everybody knows their jobs and the company runs like an uninteruppted machine. Compensation packages are great.
Pros
smart and dedicated group of people
Cons
stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Growth Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss