General Healthcare Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

Care Manager
Case Manager/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJuly 25, 2018
General Healthcare Resources presented me with a wonderful opportunity to help advance my skills in advocating for geriatric population. I highly recommend anyone looking for employment to consider General Health Care Resources.
Pros
Benefits after one month of completion of employment
Cons
Vacation Pay
Need to pay more.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 15, 2018
Always 3-11 shift. Pay is too low compared to other local agencies. Health benefits expensive. When staff needs to call off for a shift, they have a fit and will get nasty at times.
Pros
Able to do my own schedule.
Cons
Low pay. High insurance rates. Scheduler refuses to give more per hour.
Gained more skills.
Behavioral Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 30, 2018
Received quality training and skills. This job let me gain more work experience in the Social Services field. I am pleased for having the opportunity to work for this company.
fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 15, 2018
i love working for ghr they are such a bigg help in my life I can call them at anytime and they are always there to help me out whenever I may need them ive been working with Ghr for almost 8 years now and I must say they are the best
Horrible place to work
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 11, 2018
If the teachers don’t like you at the school you work they will fire you . I’ve been lied on and had no back up from this company . They do not support you in anyway
Pros
Cons
Horrible communication skills
Great company to work for!
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 10, 2018
I truly love working for GHR! Therapy recruiters are helpful when issues arise at work sites. The company culture is encouragement and compassion. I wish I had found this company much sooner.
Pros
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurances offered
Cons
Medical insurance is pricey
If you want a nursing job to work for your lifestyle this is it!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 2, 2018
I have worked as an LPN with GHR for 5 years and if you want a great company to work for this is it! I have an awesome scheduler that works with me to find the assignments, shifts, and area that suites my lifestyle. You just tell them when you want to work or when you don't want to work and you can change it anytime! Or where you want to work or don't want to work. If you ever have any issues you just call them, someone is always there 24 hours 7 days a week live! Direct deposit every week! Great pay!
Pros
You make your own schedule with your scheduler.
Cons
Sometimes there's alot of work and sometimes not.
flexible, good compensation
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 17, 2018
flexible, good compensation, would recommend. Staffing manager out of plymouth meeting was pleasant and professional. facilities affiliated were decent, some better managed than others. flexibility as you accept or decline to work at facilities that don't meet your standards for care or proximity.
Pros
good pay, flexible
Cons
occasional got called off due to overstaffing
good company to work for
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 6, 2018
I think GHR is a Good company to work for. I like the assignment and it was reasonable commuting time. I would return to their employment in the fall.
It was frustrating because if you chose not to go to a school the day the called, there would be retalliation consequences
Instructional Assistant/ PCA (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 24, 2018
It was very frustrating dealing with the consequences of retaliation when a person could not go to the particular placement for that day. This was a staffing company so by law a person was able to deny the job if they chose and should not have to face retaliation because of it
Flexible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Coordinator keeps me work when i want to without any commitments to set hour. Very flexible to my specific life schedule. Love the weekly pat period also
Pros
Good pay and lots of work
Cons
No benefits
fun workplace
Direct Support Staff/ Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 26, 2018
Good work environment and great staff and co workers. Also liked working with the nurses and the other medical professionals as well as the doctors and EMT's. Great place if your seeking advancement in a good company
Good employer
Per Diem Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 24, 2018
I work per diem for this company. They are always willing to contact you for available shifts and do not give you a hard time when you say you aren't available.
Opportunity to gain experience
Behavioral Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2018
I was provided with the opportunity to work in a position that matches my educational background and gain experience to advance in my career. Management was very supportive in helping me secure a position.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Temporary
management
Observer (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 15, 2018
Was told when I was hired that this job would be 32 plus hours and within the second week I never even reached 32 hours. Was always sent home early or was called out due to lack of work. Than when I had worked extra hours in the beginning of the week, I would be sent home early, receiving no over time.
Agency nurse
Staffing Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 11, 2018
If your looking to work a few days a month, its great. If your looking for consistent work, it won't happen. Getting consistent work, even with a facility you have a good rapour with, is like climbing mount Everest.
Pros
Not alot of availablity
Cons
Decent pay
My Customer Service
General Healthcare Resources (Former Employee) –  Milton, MADecember 21, 2017
I loved being a computer and answering my customers called for their Healthcare. Sometimes there would be customers unhappy but I will always solve it.
Pros
My empolyes will love me.
Cons
healthcare
Great company
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PADecember 7, 2017
General Healthcare Resources is a great company to work for. Everyone I've worked closely with has been very helpful, organized and professional. However, they don't have the benefits that I need or PTO, which is a little disappointing.
Well, if you need to work...
Behavioral Health Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2017
It's not a bad employer. It's really for the reset of your career. Not meant for permanent place of employment. They are helpful and generally seem to care about their staff. However, the temporary work can be a task to maintain.
Pros
Helps you find work.
Cons
May not be at place of work very long.
great contradct company
Staff OTR (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with this contract company , they work very hard to place you close to home and in a facility of your liking. highly recommend this placement company
Pros
work tirelessly to place OT's in great facilities
Cons
could pay a little bit more per hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Healthcare Resources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.