General Healthcare Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

professional
April McElwee staffing specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 29, 2019
Contract employer whose Recruitment team was extremely friendly and competent. Maintained open communication and support throughout employment with Jefferson Hospital
Pros
open communication
Cons
limited number of contracts
Love it where I am
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2018
I have been with GHR for over a year and placed in a great agency. I enjoy the clients and families I work with. My resource person at GHR is actively engaged with my supervisor and communication is excellent.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Wish I had more PTO than the three holidays per year
no pay increase
RN (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 24, 2018
Have worked for GHR for over 8 years full time agency at the same pay rate. Cost of living goes up, insurance, apartment rent, utilities all increase but not my pay. Have almost been evicted. No vacation pay. no sick pay NO WORK NO PAY. Need knee surgery and unable to schedule cause afraid not to work. I need a pay check. I feel if one works for the company over 5 years he or she should be compensate by an increase in rate.
Cons
pay is horrible no increase
Jobs at General Healthcare Resources
Residential Counselor and Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2018
Overall, my work at General Healthcare Resources, Inc was timely. The job enabled me to utilize the Human Service degree I received from Montgomery County Community College, and I will forever be grateful to them.
Pros
Put people to work
Cons
I do not know
Fun Place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 26, 2018
Amazing Staff, Flexible hours, no weekends or late night and they cared about your home and family life. They understood when you needed to take off and didn't hassle you for it
Good for permanent job placement
physical therapist (Current Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 18, 2018
The staff at GHR are very friendly. Delaware and northern Maryland are not very populated, so it makes it difficult to get full time hours, unless you have experience with multiple populations.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
not enough hours
workplace culture
Contract Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 18, 2018
Very responsive staff, great flexibility with assignments. Competitive pay structure with a variety of clinical settings available for all therapy services.
I just started working for General Healthcare in July this year.
LPN Agency Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 10, 2018
I absolutely love the staff at General Healthcare. They are very communicative and nice people. I have worked at different facilities and have gotten along with 99% of the people I'm placed with. The only thing I wish was different, was not getting canceled from a job. I depend on at least 40 hours a week. I'm married and we both work with a mortgage like everyone else.
Pros
compensation, location of jobs, friendly people
Cons
getting canceled from jobs here and there.
contract work is fun
Full time nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 7, 2018
you never know what you will walk into on a daily basis
you will learn something new
you can make your own schedule
management is not flexible so unfortunate because it can be a nice place to work
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
can get too busy at times that you can break for lunch
THERAPUTIC SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 24, 2018
I worked in a school and the people and work area were awesome. Everybody made you feel like you were at home. Communication between the staff and managers were a little off but other than that it's a great place to work.
Pros
you could go to lunch at anytime
Cons
a lot of walking around
Care Manager
Case Manager/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJJuly 25, 2018
General Healthcare Resources presented me with a wonderful opportunity to help advance my skills in advocating for geriatric population. I highly recommend anyone looking for employment to consider General Health Care Resources.
Pros
Benefits after one month of completion of employment
Cons
Vacation Pay
work varies depends where you get contracted to
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 29, 2018
Overall I like working here, it sucks during summer when my contracted student is out and Im out of work during the summer. Everyones experience will be different depending on what summer you get sent too or what kid you may work with but my management does a pretty great job of letting me choose which schools I would like to get sent to and paying me on time and things like that.
Pros
Flexible, management works with you
Cons
Contract job to different students every school year
Need to pay more.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 15, 2018
Always 3-11 shift. Pay is too low compared to other local agencies. Health benefits expensive. When staff needs to call off for a shift, they have a fit and will get nasty at times.
Pros
Able to do my own schedule.
Cons
Low pay. High insurance rates. Scheduler refuses to give more per hour.
Gained more skills.
Behavioral Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 30, 2018
Received quality training and skills. This job let me gain more work experience in the Social Services field. I am pleased for having the opportunity to work for this company.
fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 15, 2018
i love working for ghr they are such a bigg help in my life I can call them at anytime and they are always there to help me out whenever I may need them ive been working with Ghr for almost 8 years now and I must say they are the best
Horrible place to work
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 11, 2018
If the teachers don’t like you at the school you work they will fire you . I’ve been lied on and had no back up from this company . They do not support you in anyway
Pros
Cons
Horrible communication skills
Great company to work for!
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 10, 2018
I truly love working for GHR! Therapy recruiters are helpful when issues arise at work sites. The company culture is encouragement and compassion. I wish I had found this company much sooner.
Pros
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurances offered
Cons
Medical insurance is pricey
If you want a nursing job to work for your lifestyle this is it!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 2, 2018
I have worked as an LPN with GHR for 5 years and if you want a great company to work for this is it! I have an awesome scheduler that works with me to find the assignments, shifts, and area that suites my lifestyle. You just tell them when you want to work or when you don't want to work and you can change it anytime! Or where you want to work or don't want to work. If you ever have any issues you just call them, someone is always there 24 hours 7 days a week live! Direct deposit every week! Great pay!
Pros
You make your own schedule with your scheduler.
Cons
Sometimes there's alot of work and sometimes not.
flexible, good compensation
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 17, 2018
flexible, good compensation, would recommend. Staffing manager out of plymouth meeting was pleasant and professional. facilities affiliated were decent, some better managed than others. flexibility as you accept or decline to work at facilities that don't meet your standards for care or proximity.
Pros
good pay, flexible
Cons
occasional got called off due to overstaffing
good company to work for
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 6, 2018
I think GHR is a Good company to work for. I like the assignment and it was reasonable commuting time. I would return to their employment in the fall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Healthcare Resources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.