General Insulation Management reviews

Not for everyone
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 5, 2019
A fast-paced environment that forces you to work 10+ hours per day. Low wages but lots of overtime. management does it's best but I think corporate is to blame. Good and Friendly people work there. Warehouse is NOT heated.
Pros
Friendly and professional people
Cons
Low wages and poor benefits
work,work,work
warehouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 16, 2018
I learned directional skills, delivered to every city on the south side and peninsula. all though management was terrible it was a diverse cultured work place the tension was felt.
Pros
its a job.
Cons
management is horible.
Learning experience
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 14, 2017
Was a place to learn and gain good experience. Was fast paced environment. that provided multiple areas of training. Management was mostly easy to work with.
Small Work Area
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2017
Work was a very open area. Starting from the desk's across the room each employee could actually talk to one another from it being so open. I learned to input in big orders of the company's insulation for higher buildings and the management was great. They always had things on the top and organized. The work place culture was very great, everyone was very kind and communicative. The hardest part about the job was leaving. It was a temporary job but I do wish i could've been there permanently.
Pros
Free Candy!
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and fun place to work!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2017
A great place to work. Productive and fast paced at times. A lot of great people work here.Management is great depending on what branch you work at but, in all most I have met have been awesome.
Pros
Work Monday through Friday
Cons
None that I have found
Well paced and not overwhelming
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 5, 2017
Tasks were reasonable and easy to comprehend. Warehouse is dirty as might be expected. Other employees were helpful and customer interaction was friendly and brief.
Busy
Painter Helper (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALJune 23, 2014
I left two stable jobs to work for this company based in Theodore, AL who promised to have a lot of long time steady work and to keep me employed.

I was working eighty four hours a week at the starting pay of eleven an hour for someone who has no experience. I was frequently put in high areas on unstable scaffolding without a proper safety harness.

I wasn't notified properly if work was cancelled and for someone who drives from mobile to get to work in moss point that's a lot of gas if im not working.

there was no option for health insurance because you had to be there a long time to even try to get it from what I was told.

I was also being harassed by a coworker who was belittling me and putting my health at risk, when I told management I felt like they overlooked it because I was still having issues with him.

I was recently laid off after my daughter was born and am struggling to find work now due to them lying to me. because they told me right before they laid me off that they had plenty of work for me and after the layoff they told me they had no work.

I was very loyal to the company and only missed one day of work, and it has upset me very much to have been treated this way by them. as of this point there is no way for me to go back to my two stable jobs because I was not able to work out a notice with them due to General Insulation not letting me know when the work was going to start until two days before. so because of them I am actively looking for more full time work and am having to hope I don't lose everything in the meantime.
Pros
Lots of money
Cons
long hours, short breaks, no insurance, safety issues, unprofessional
Poor manage compnay
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJSeptember 14, 2012
Management did not have control of union workers. a tipical day of work was too early in the morning, I learn a lot of products use on the comercial insulations business, there is not much to said about my co-workers, the be honest they never where co-workers, the hardest part was seeing the olders employees just avoiting to work.
Pros
good salary
Cons
to much favoritism