General Mills Employee Reviews

not good
Order Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 14, 2018
very stressful and running around all day and orders are stocked to the brim with lots to do and I really never liked this place to work for myself to be honest
Productive Employer
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Covington, GADecember 14, 2018
General Mills is a nice place to work but it was a long term temporary assignment with no growth opportunities. I was punctual, professional and ready to grow with the company.
Pros
12 hour days
Cons
No career advancement
It's a job
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 11, 2018
A typical day in general labor involves either boxing or stacking/palletizing General Mills products such as cereal, hamburger helper etc...(light things). The job itself isn't hard, but they only pay minimum wage and for a company like General Mills, that surprised me. The onsite agency you go through for them pays $11/hr for general labor, and $16/hr if you're a forklift driver. If they'd pay around $14/hr for general labor, it would be fair.

Management doesn't bother you if you're doing what you need to do, but it's easy work and chill so they really shouldn't have to. I do feel that they should promote way more diversity because on my first day the girl training me didn't speak English and although we worked together well, hiring 80% of one ethnicity and recruiting people who aren't bilingual to train, can get someone hurt, or fired if they aren't trained properly, plus it can create tension and a sense of entitlement from the majority. Mix it up a little. I didn't find anything personally hard outside of the language barrier, plus they give away free grocery bags of GM products every week or two.
Pros
Time Flies, Free Food
Cons
Low Pay, Not Enough Diversity
Packing cereal
General mills (Former Employee) –  Social Circle, GADecember 9, 2018
I liked the job but less pay...good hours but not enough..have to hard fir the little pay they gave me..............
..................................
Great work life balance
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  remoteDecember 9, 2018
Company listens to the employees. Great managers. I just couldn't see myself building cereal displays until I retired. Other than that, it was a GREAT company to work for
learning
Traffic Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 7, 2018
Good job to have I Learned many skills. The days went by fast because it was always busy. I also learned how to work under pressure and stress. We worked four 10 hour shift which gave us three days off.
Pros
fast work days.Always busy
Cons
stressful
Great job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Belvidere, ILDecember 7, 2018
They treat there people's right temps in all I don't have no problem I can see myself being here for a long time in the people here are great to work with
Pros
3 30miuntes lunch
Cons
Idk
Fun place, easy going, great hours
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Perris, CADecember 6, 2018
Overall great place to work, phenomenal schedule and the people to work with are really great. Management was very accommodating if need be And always willing to help.
Productive and family environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2018
I loved working at GM. Pay was great. Management was the best. Coworkers were like family. Easy job nothing too hard . Only read I left was because I relocated to another city but I would work there again if I moved back!
Pros
Good overall environment, great benefits, great team to work with.
Cons
Can’t think of any!
Poor Management
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 3, 2018
Working at general mills was a fast paced environment that consisted of grabbing large boxes and making them into stands, but the management was poor and didn't treat others equal.
good pay
Sanitation Operator (Former Employee) –  Wellston, OHDecember 2, 2018
great pay no home life working up to 27 days strait getting drafted for overtime if you are a lower senior person you are just a number for this company
Pros
great pay
Cons
no home life, no tolerence attendance policy
a good temp Job
System Lead, Cedar Rapids (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 1, 2018
I work first and third shifts in both the fruit and cereal side of General Mills. I enjoyed the work and most of the company employees were knowledgeable friendly and helpful.The breaks were very reasonable and the work was not to difficult.
Pros
3 Paid 1/2 Breaks, time & 1/2 after *hours and Saturday, and double time on Sunday
Cons
you can work yourself to a frazzle
Good pay great team
Operator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed my season with General Mills. I thought I was doing a good job. Was able to keep Sonic welder and Casepacker running with little stops. Produced quality products. Just didn't get full time
Pros
good pay
Cons
seasonals have no benefits
Great company but no room for advancement
West Texas Sales Rep-Lubbock, TX (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 29, 2018
Great company to work for but now room for advancement as a sales rep to a higher level.
Sad when they did away with the full time territory. Great benefits and retirement along with profit sharing and bonus.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No room for advancement
General mills
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNNovember 27, 2018
General was a great company to work for, great pay, great benefits and time off. A very understanding group of people and i would recommend them to anyone.
Good company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 26, 2018
Great company but can be a stressful environment at times. Would recommend to someone who has a desire to gain diverse experience. Sometimes locations are not the best.
General Mills Hannibal Plant
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MONovember 26, 2018
They are very "safety minded"...
that is until a safety issue comes up. They do not want to address it and if you attempt to address a safety issue they will put it back until you stop trying to get it addressed.
Best environment that I have worked for a temp.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 20, 2018
I worked at General Mills through a temp agency. I found this place to be one of the most professional environments towards temps and the place was very clean regarding food production. Everyone that was full time took their jobs seriously but they also made the temps feel like they ware a valuable part of the team.
package handler
Special project package handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2018
remove set up packaging for store project lifting 25 to 30 pounds .safety precautions are as follows . drug free work zone.operate machinery.friendly in small talk.
Productive and easy
Production, Line leader (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNNovember 19, 2018
I would say this is the best job ive had I hated I hate to Quit to have a baby but I loved it and would go back any day if they called me. The employees are very sweat as for the supervisors
Pros
The breaks are awesome

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Mills. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at General Mills.