General Mills Employee Reviews

Found 1,041 reviews matching the search See all 1,509 reviews
Senior Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern CA, & ArizonaOctober 11, 2018
Forbes named General Mills to the list of the top 500 best employers in the world. It is a big company to work for and there is a lot to navigate through on a daily basis.
Fast paced, unorganized, short staffed
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 11, 2018
Doesn’t hire you on, 12 hours consistent work.. favoritism, they want you to train new employees but you don’t get paid for it. They want you to stay over until the next team comes in to relieve you, and you don’t get paid for that either.
Cool place to work for ah first job
Packer and Shipper (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 10, 2018
The younger crowd kinda messed the job up for me I don’t like when other don’t act there age but other than that it’s a cool company just don’t plan on getting a raise
Cons
Every one is super nice and it’s like we all work as one unit as to you working alone
Temp Hire (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 8, 2018
It is a awsome place to work I only temped through talent force but I loved it and would love to start a career there and become a real full time employees
Pros
The hours I had was day shift
Cons
It’s freezing in there
Best job i had
Filler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJOctober 7, 2018
Working for General mills was a awesome experience very diversity caring people. I wish I can go back there but they close our plant. Missing Progresso
Pros
Excelent
Great job
Production utility (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 5, 2018
Great job with great benefits. Work can be boring but non-stressful for the most part. Come in, get your job done, and head home. The management team does it's best to look out for the employees.
Overall good company but currently struggling
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisOctober 2, 2018
Company overall a good one to work for. Upper management strategies are hard to understand with work culture suffering as a result. Company performance also on the decline.
Hours are bad
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNSeptember 28, 2018
Working at general Mills can be overwhelming because of the shifts that they offer. Pay is good and benefits are great. Overall the attitudes are very poor and the turn over rates are very high due to the fact you are treated like a number not a human. They also change your work schedule whenever they feel necessary and you have no choice but to except your schedule.
Pros
Good benifets
Cons
Bad hours
The reason that I don't work there anymore cause the plant closed
Shipping and Receiving and Line Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2018
I was sorry that the plant closed. A great placard to work.I met a lot of good people that I really like and are still friends with I was a good worker cause I have respect for me and my family. I put my 2 daughters thru private schools and then collage. I live in a nice house and have nice cars.This was because of General Mills
Pros
Very good steady job
Cons
Plant closing
Wanted to stay but could not advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNSeptember 25, 2018
It was apparent while I was there that males got preferential treatment. They were given jobs before the rest of us knew they were available. Several people were the pets and got everything.
Pros
discounts, additional services provided were great such as car repair, beauty salon etc.
Cons
Mgmt in my department was biased, low pay
Good place to work only bad thing that it's 12 hrs. A day
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Nice people to work around very positive work environment, bad thing is the long hours and depending on your crew like D crew you never have weekends off.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Very long work hours wouldn't recommend if you have kids
Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOSeptember 24, 2018
Totally worth the time and effort it took to get hired. Was a great place to advance in pay, as you can expect to receive a raise every three months. However, advancement is based on what degree you possess. Anything less than a Bachelors degree is not enough for lead positions.
warehouse
loading and unloading (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Very unproffesional management no human comunication skills or knowledge of job, I think they look for people with special disabilities so they can be management with lower pay seen a 10 year old with more sense of ability.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Communication is key
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Must have the ability to communicate with other people. You want to communicate with the employee who was doing the job before you started your shift. Get an update on what to look out for and how production is running.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Monotonous
A learning experiance and important time in my life.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nassau County, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Great company with great people to work with. Smart ,productive and happy people working for a common goal of improving company goals and helping the community.
I started work at 7AM -8AM every day at a supermarket making sure GM was represented in the best possible way on shelf and display. I learned the best way to make inroads in a store and deal with managers who were not always happy to see me or talk to me. I managed 2 part time merchandisers to improve displays in store. Time was your greatest enemy because there is never enough. The job was good when you achieved all your goals in a quarter.
Pros
well paid
Cons
neede more time
Pizza Pack Out Lead (Former Employee) –  Wellston, OH 45692September 19, 2018
Good place to work, good money and benefits. Management is always comming and going but good people to work with and good opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work /family balance
My view on working at general mills.
Resource MFG (Former Employee) –  Covington, GASeptember 19, 2018
It was an okay job, the only hard part about it was the hours. The work wasn't that bad at all. The management was great, I loved my supervisor. The most enjoyable part about working there was down time.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
only 30 minute breaks.
Production Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CASeptember 17, 2018
If it weren't for the unfortunate circumstance which caused the company to relocate my facility, I would still be working there. I miss the culture and people who I worked with.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Rotating shifts
Great benefits
Operator, Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Great benefits, friendly employees, laid back supervisor. Different departments were you can do overtime. Can switch schedules from time to time. Great culture
A True CPG, For Better or Worse
Marketing Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2018
Pros:
• Great resume builder
• Great benefits
• Nice campus
• High performers elevated
• Results driven

Cons:
• Business results and corporate structure focused on short term
• Management turnover leads to brand instability
• Large structure makes decision making slow, and often, late to meet consumer needs
Pros
Great campus, pay and benefits
Cons
Slow to respond to market pressures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Mills. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight