General Mills
Information from General Mills:

General Mills Employee Reviews

United States1,509 reviews
Found 1,509 reviews matching the search
Packing and receiving building product's for display for the stores it will be shipped to.
There was no bad about the job other than the heat from the warehouse. I really have no complaints other than the heat and the pay . It was alot of work with little pay.
If you want to have a life outside of work do not work here
Currently working 6 days a week on 3rd shift . One day off with my family isn't enough when you are on 3rd ! And employees without a good work ethic are looked over for the ones that do there job great to pick up there slack. But the hourly rate is good, almost here 3 years and im almost $19 an hour . When i started at around $16 an hour. Its not a bad job, if i spent less time at work.
Good
It's a very good job. The people there make you feel welcomed. They are respectful. When you mess up, they help you out. I liked going to work there. If I didn't have to move out of Joplin. I would have stayed.
Packaging position
I worked in the packaging area building boxes and loading boxes on the line also working the machine that controls the cereal machine I was working 2-2-3 schedule
The best company I ever worked for.
I feel happy to have worked for the best company ever, and the best team. I have over 15 years of office experience, working at various big companies and have never had such a wonderful experience like this, where your co-workers and employers are like family! Lots of growth opportunity. Unfortunately, I had to leave because I suffered a stroke and suffered brain damage. Really unfortunate that had to happened, but I'm so grateful it happened when I was working at General Mills and not the other previous big companies. They provided excellent insurance which covered for my hospital and stroke rehab the following two years.
Worked for general mills for over 15 years!
Best company I have ever worked for! Maybe in the future we shaw work again! Thought the years I learned a lot of knowledge , it was a amazing experience!!
Challenge place to work
I learned a lot at GMI and was on very fun, impactful projects. You need to network a lot to be successful here though. Everyone here is extremely smart so you will always be challenged to performa your best.
Great job
ITS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK they make you feel like family. Great hours good pay weekends are not mandatory but encouraged. Ralxed easy going work. EVERYONE is so nice.
Smoke and Mirrors
The workplace culture is deeply rooted in a "classically trained MBA" culture, where management is promoted from within. Employees are hired based on highly screened personality traits, which does not contribute to diversity of thought or leadership.
When the business is doing well, everyone congratulates themselves. However, the company is continuously recognized for lack of innovation and speed to market.
Nice people, but the company struggles with stability.
Continual reorgs are the model. High management & role turnover breeds general instability and lack of clarity & direction. Good remote work options & benefits.
A Company That Takes Care Of Its Employees
I have only worked for General Mills for a short period of time, but I see myself staying with this company for a long time. This company offers great employee benefits and competitive wages. The safety of their employees come first and upper management is welcoming of employees that want to address concerns or improve the work environment. There is a lot of opportunity for growth, which is great for someone like me who hates becoming stagnant at any job. I learn something new everyday and this job really allows me to expand my skills.
Fun place to work!
There was never a dull day there! The most enjoyable part of the job was the COE Admin Team and the knowledge they share for you to grow! Wonderful support system they have going!
Was hired through a 3rd party company
Would move trailers, inspect truck, watch hoses. Was laid off due to covid 19 in March. Would recommend them to alot of people especially If you like cereal
Will enjoy everything about general mills, the people there are very fun to be around at times. The people there do not mine teaching you how thing work the areas. But overall general mills is a great company to work for.
Great Company
They care about there workers..It was a great experience. The company cared about needs of others..Safety was a big plus...You always have an opportunity to advance to a higher position..
Overall it’s a great company I never had any problems working there .. everyone got their job done and we worked as a team doing it .
Transportation provided for temp workers who don’t live in the area , decent timed breaks and a nice fast paced environment in and out as long as everyone is getting their job done
Great pay, poor atmosphere
Pay was great, very clicky environment. Regardless if your doing your job correctly if you don't "fit in" you'll get pushed out as fast as you got in. Communication sucks there. And trust no one. Lot of snakes that watch over you act like your friend but are really trying to find a way to get you out.
Hard work
Very disappointed in General Mills a Fortune 500 company. Interviewing process was long. Workplace culture was terrible. Employees did not treat each other with respect and lacked integrity. HR failed. Discrimination.
Productive and Fun Enviornment
Working here was one of the best experiences of my life. Its a very fast paced place to work, with room to move around and grow within the company. Highly recommend for employment.
I enjoyed working their
I met a lot of great people and we had good times I enjoy it their they are just letting us go so I would like a more permanent job at this time that’s full time
They offer optional overtime that in fact is not really optional. Was extremely burned out. If sick with the flu or anything like that even with a doctors note saying dont go to work would not except it or excuse you from work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Mills. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

79%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

79%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.