General Motors Employee Reviews

Found 3,263 reviews matching the search See all 6,125 reviews
Fast pace
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 21, 2018
I worked on the assembly line . Putting hoods on cars , back fascia, tail lights, wire harnesses. I really enjoyed my job, made good money but hard work.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Could get sore muscles often
sso
Skilled Support Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 20, 2018
my job as an skilled support was temp with no promise of full time. I liked working here it was close too home with good pay. the work wasn't hard and I learned no skills
Pros
pay
Cons
no promise of full time
good company
Power Train Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNSeptember 20, 2018
outstanding company,fast pace ,always new things are forever changing,i will recommend people too this corporation.always look for new ideas and always work with managers and engineers too solve any problem that may arise.
Pros
good workers
Cons
needed more company 401k match
Productive and fast paced environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 20, 2018
I was very young when I was a temporary employee for General Motors. I came in during Deer Season. I learned how vehicles were made and I also was able to learn Quality Control and Inspection. I was very saddened that the plant was closed down.
Lordstown Assembly
Production Supervisor/Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHSeptember 20, 2018
The place is falling apart and needs upgraded asap. Needs to be fixed and upgraded so that a new product can come in and run. The CEO has made it clear she doesn't care for her employees at this facility and the jobs of that are being lost. She needs to visit this plant and give a face to face on why she's making top dollar while people are losing their jobs.
Great Place to learn
CFD Engineer Thermal (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 20, 2018
GM Mexico is totally different compared with GM North America.

GMNA the best company for work

GMM the best company to learn but a lot of micro management
Pros
All technical resources
Cons
Bad management
Forklift Operator (Clamp & Sit down) (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Management doesn't care about anyone, hr hires friends and family so they all sit in the office and do nothing and majority of the supervisors don't do anything but go to the office and talk and hang out most enjoyable part of the job is when I got to be team lead
Lead QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 20, 2018
I really want to thank you for acknowledging my work on the new thinking strategy. You put a lot of trust in me to lead that initiative, and it gave me a chance to flex my project management skills. I’m glad it had a positive outcome, and I’m particularly pleased that you saw the value in the work as well.
Team leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 19, 2018
I was responsible for a team of six people.I was responsible for making sure that quality .Product rolled of the assembly line.Took care of all team meetings and bathroom breaks,emergency breaks,an repairs.
A very busy industry
Core Process Engineer (Global Floor Pans) (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 19, 2018
Working at General Motors was very busy. It takes a certain individual to be capable of redirection at any moment. People were friendly, and always went out of the way if you needed help.
Pros
Good office environment
Cons
Busy and sometimes hectec
Being a temporary employee on contract
ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST, CONTRACTED (Former Employee) –  Warren MichiganSeptember 19, 2018
The culture is awesome, they really support furthering your learning and growth potential. the drawback as a contractor is a lot of false promises to get hired. It can take years.
Horrible management...
Asembler (Former Employee) –  Orion, MISeptember 17, 2018
They tried to buy my life & kill me at the same time. Decent experience, but wouldn't work for company again. Bad for my feet & back. Creates miserable people
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Not enough pay
industry leader pioneered employee training and education in modern automotive manufacturing .
Controls Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 17, 2018
Terrific company to work for, provided education and training to make every employee better than they thought they could be. A technical training second to none, turning out some of the best technicians in the world.
Pros
great opportunity to be the best at your craft
Good work place
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 17, 2018
Awesome place to work Great benefits. Great people. Training. Paid vacation and benefits. They are the best company I ever worked for. If the had an office here, i would go.
Pros
Good education system
Cons
Lack of recognation
horrible culture
operations technician (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNSeptember 17, 2018
there's a bad culture of bullying and harassment. Management and the UAW work together to get rid of anyone who questions the status quo. The union will constantly lie about everything to trick people into signing a contract that hurts employees and only benefits stockholders, which the UAW is a stockholder.
flexible timing, work within and outside the company. Excellent vision, and excellent team working environment.
Senior Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 15, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Excellent vision for electrification, and zero emissions. Excellent battery lab in Detroit and China.
Lot of opportunities to work in electrifications with Zero accidents technology. Lot of career advancements and developments.
Pros
Bonuses, awards, recognition, merit increase
Cons
health copay increasing every year
Great place to work if you are not a Temporary employee
General Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 15, 2018
During my time at this establishment I was a temporary employee. Temps are treated rather unfairly in comparison to hired-in employees. No time off, no sick days, but pay is not bad. Benefits for hired in employees are excellent however. Only trick is getting hired in. I was a temp for over a year
Several leaders have made the group very unpleasant
Lead Siebel Developer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
The company as a whole is a good company. Unfortunately, the CRM group is lead by folks who have NO BUSINESS in management. They are clueless when it comes to leadership skills. Most worked together before GM and have formed relationships that cause them to overlook the deficiencies that are so prevalent.
Pros
Compensation is pretty good
Cons
Lack of true leadership, chaos is rampant among teams
Good and interesting place to work
inspection and sanitation (production worker) (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 13, 2018
I performed the same duties everyday unless someone was absent and I filled in for there job. You meet a lot of different people from all walks of life which can be interesting and a good learning experience. Management was easy to get along with if you did your job. I never had a problem with management.
Pros
good health care, discount on cars
Cons
no cafeteria no air condition
Relaxed but uninteresting
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2018
In general company is fairly old school with lot of bureaucracy. Software development is not the main focus of the company so it sometimes takes a backseat to business needs. Many levels of hierarchy make it difficult to advance. Many that don't understand the actual specifics of software development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Motors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
52.9K
42K

See reviews about

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at General Motors.

Powered by Comparably