General Pet Supply Inc. Employee Reviews

Very nice fast place to work
WEREHOUSE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 23, 2019
This is one of the most easiest job you can get working in a wearhouse . You go at your own speed learn very quick I would love to go back and work for the in about three month
Pros
fast place to work and the job is very easy
Cons
the work hours
Worset place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 19, 2019
The management sucks overall.
The stress level for drivers is through the roof because the warehouse people do not do their job correctly.
the hours are horrible, I averaged only 34 hours a week.
Pros
Cons
you name it
Awesome place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 13, 2019
I have really enjoyed working for General Pet Supply. This is a great company to work for with a very good work environment. I recommend General Pet Supply to anyone looking for a job.
Not a good place to work
Order Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 22, 2019
This wasn't a good place to work, you was force to do over time at the last minute for example if you come in at 8 and you is expecting to get off at 430 they will come in tell us that we have to do 2 to 3 hours of over time an hour before it time to go home that's very upsetting
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 4, 2018
General Pet Supply is a great place to work. Yes there are things that you won't like but that is with any job. I have been working for over 20 years and this is the first place where I feel like they actually care about their employees. However, how you act and work has a lot to do with it. If you don't want to work and only want to complain, you will not like it here. If you want to work as a team to try and make things better for everyone than this is the perfect place for you.
They are backstabbers tell you you are doing great then fire you
Whse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 18, 2018
Worked their 2 days they trained me 2 hrs mgr.said I was doing great then after 2 days fired me,backstabbers I had to drive 30 miles round trip a day to get to work and back home so working their I drove 60 miles then after they canned me I had to wait almost 3 weeks to get paycheck.DONT WASTE YOUR T IME
It's ok cool workers was ok
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2018
It's ok long hours, money was ok,bosses was ok,was on the bus line if u didn't have a car, over time was mandatory just wasn't a place to stay for long term
Stressful yet, easy going. Terrible communication. No advancement. Low pay for the amount of work and equipment used
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 17, 2018
A typical day at work, we are asked to be lifted up on the racks using a forklift with no safety cautions. Employees are constantly yelled at and cursed out at.
l lover the rider and fun place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2018
team work, fast pace, very easy job to do .
they work with us when is need
A lot of overtime if you want it
love the place to work there
also love to come back
I do not recommend working there
DOCK LEAD (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2018
I did not enjoy my time there, been in the same position for years, no advancement for loyal employees. Mandatory OT sometimes 7-14 days a week. I do not recommend working there.
okay job
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 18, 2018
This is an okay place to work. But that place was a dirty environment to work in and very quick paced. THe amount of money was not worth the labor and stress at this job. I was fired because I was in a car accident and the days I missed caused me to lose my job.
Great place to work.
Asst. Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 31, 2018
Great company to work for. The company is steady and is a fun place to work. The work can be repetitive and very physical but the upside this is drivers complete their routes and go home, no add-on stops. Drivers receive bonuses for safe driving and safe work habits. The pay for drivers is right in line with other driving positions but the advantage is you control your day. When your route is complete, you go home. It's as simple as that. Overnight routes are required with hotel stays and meals paid for by the company, not reimbursed, paid for up front. I would recommend the driving job over most others.
Pros
When you're done you go home, company paid hotels and meals for drivers.
Cons
Not much of anything.
This is a horrible place to work!!!!
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 4, 2018
Underpaid, overworked and if you are a good worker they expect you to pick up the slack of other employees. The company play favoritism with their employees and allow some employees to disrespect others and be called names.
Benefits
Cons
Underpaid and overworked
Fun work place
Order Selector, Replenisher, Loader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 10, 2017
you are constantly moving and your shift goes by quickly. You always have fun and you are constantly learning something new. if you work hard you will be given the chance to move upward inside the company.
Excellent experience in St. Louis. Highly recommend this company!
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 28, 2017
I worked in St. Louis as a driver for a long time. The managers are caring and personable and HR in Wisconsin is very helpful should you ever need to contact them. Senior management in Wisconsin believes in autonomous operation of individual plants, yet they make it known they care and are available should you have concerns.

For warehouse staff and drivers alike, the company is EXTREMELY generous in benefits, especially when it comes to their 401k match. For 401k contributions during my tenure, they matched half of your salary, up to 7-1/2 percent when you contribute 15 percent of your salary. I don't know if that is still the same, but that is virtually untouchable with any other employer anywhere else, large or small! Even if that is reduced by now, I'm certain the benefits package is still lucrative and the local management can't be beat! Do your job and do it well and you will be rewarded!

Long term commitment to the company is rewarded and it's great that they have annual performance and salary reviews. If you perform up to standards, you'll get at the very least what you would consider an annual cost-of-living increase. Not all places offer that, so count your blessings! The grass isn't always greener on the other side! I'm sincerely proud that I started my transportation career here and wanted to emphasize the provided benefits and job security, especially for long-term employment.
Pros
Excellent managers, unbeatable benefits package
Cons
Long hours, repetitive work
Awesome place to work!
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at General Pet Supply and would definitely recommend working there! I learned many valuable skills that I will take with me to my next job.
Not a good place
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 12, 2017
Not a good place to work at the warehouse was bad and disgusting. Every employee there would get sick because how bad the place smell. They rip u off on hours and take money out of your pay check.
A regular job to make a living.
WAREHOUSE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2017
Management doesn't participate in day to day activities as they should. Training could be more helpful to advance people. Expect people to know what they are doing without necessary notes.
loving place to work supervisors and co workers are awesome
Picker/wrapper (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 30, 2017
Well I usually go in early have some coffee joke around with my supervisor for awhile, while waiting on my co-workers to come in. When they show up we'll play a couple rounds of some cards before we start working, and what I learned there was taking your time so there can be higher percentage of accuracy and less mistakes .But overall there's really nothing hard about the job and the most enjoyable part about the job was working with great people and riding around on the pallet truck all day.
Stressful environment
Loader (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 17, 2017
Most of the people there don't care about the job and it shows in the quality of the work. Always falling behind and forced to work long hours and mandatory weekends due to heavy work load. Problems in the work place are never addressed from management not taking action. Other employees would rather stand around and talk then to get work done and not having to work 10 or maybe even 11 or 12 hours a day.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Immature co-workers, too much work and not enough space or people to do it, no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Pet Supply Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

General Pet Supply Inc. Reviews by Location