Generation Ready Employee Reviews

Deceiving
Education Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
Absolutely deceptive and unethical company. I've had several colleagues leave this position and return back to Australia. We uprooted our lives with the promise of 2 days or so of work per week and I have received NO WORK for months and when I did it was minimum of once per week.
There is absolutely no support from several managers/leaders. Be warned that if you work for this company it is at your own risk and be prepared to lose lots of money and not get paid for about 3 months.
A group of high performing education specialists wanting to improve education for the underserved community
Literacy Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2018
As a literacy consultant my work was across 10 schools in New York City public schools, visiting each school twice per week. We work with principals and administrators to improve the teaching and learning and make school wide change to facilitate excellent learning outcomes for all students.
We work independently using our expertise to support principals and teachers to enhance instruction and ensure all students' needs are being met. It is great to be able to travel around the city making an impact across many schools. There is a lot of work outside of school hours and the commute in NYC can be up to 2 hours each way on public transit.
Being an objective thought partner for schools and building trusting relationships with Principals and teachers is always rewarding.
Pros
Independent, school holidays, work as many days as you wish
Cons
Travel to schools is long.
Workplace Culture
Education Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Very good in professional development. Friendly staff. This job requires you to travel a lot. Mostly independent work. Your pay is only dependent on your contracts received.
Great people to work with and for a good cause.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2016
Great people to work with and for a good cause. I learned a lot while I worked there. This opportunity gave me a chance to get insight into the education system.
Professional Company
Director, National Operations (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 6, 2016
Really loved working for GenR. Some of the brightest and fun professionals I have ever had the honor of working with. Highly rewarding and I personally grew and learned a great deal.
Pros
Professionalism
Generation Ready has positioned themselves as leaders in K-12 Professional Development. Organization has gone through restructuring for positioning.
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2014
I manage RFPs, RFP content, manage SharePoint Repository, NetSuite data entry, research and reporting, vendor submissions for states we do business in, and contracts management. I have learned to adapt to constantly changing landscape and personality differences in management. I learn to work across the organization to address daily needs to support the operations of the organization. I enjoy many of my coworkers.
Pros
Opportunities may exist in the long run once organization is stable
Cons
Little or no health benefits and limited opportunities for advancement