Genesis Datacom

Genesis Datacom Employee Reviews

Genesis Datacom insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

Management and training could be better

This is a decent company but needs improvement in several areas. Lots of empty promises made on the front end, while they may not be bad intentioned there should be better communication and follow up from an employees perspective.

Pros

Lots to learn

Cons

Pay scale is arbitrary

Young, growing, high quality group that expects your best and rewards above and beyond effort.

This company is young (10 years) but has a reputation among clients as the best in the industry in Arkansas. Genesis Datacom is not the cheapest option for clients, but once clients have chosen other installers/integrators who don't take the time and trouble to do it right the first time and make it right every time, they are very happy to have Genesis from then on.Genesis Datacom is not perfect, (this is the REAL world after all ) but they own their mistakes and do whatever it takes to correct them, both for clients and employees.Genesis Datacom could be a great career choice if:1. You have a good attitude2. You enjoy working with people and tech issues3. You can get to work on time4. You are teachable, willing to learn5. You want to advance to manage more people/jobs6. You give a days work for a days pay7. You want to work for a growing companyYou have to supply your own personal tools (drills, sawsall, cutters, screwdrivers, etc ($300-$500) have to have a smartphone.The work has a lot of variety, at times, a lot of physical effort, a need to use your head to figure out ever-changing conditions, and how to use your crew to get it done, get it done right and get it done efficiently. In short, if you are willing to work, can work with people, and are open to learning, this could be a really good opportunity. If you are looking for a check and coast and hide-out job, just move along, this ain't for you.I worked there for 5 years before retiring due to health issues. Of the 6 employers over my 55 years as an employee, these guys were the best. They may not -

Pros

Fair, honest, great potential for advancement in skills and pay

Cons

Need to multitask, juggle people, clients, contractors, material. Be a swiss army knife!

Worked there for 3 years.

I worked for Genesis for 3 years, and like any other workplace there were ups and downs. I had never worked construction or infrastructure before I was hired on so I wasn't exactly sure what I was getting into. But there is something integrally satisfying about knowing I was a part of finishing whichever building I was working or improving the network of an elementary school, hospital, etc. I won't lie; it wasn't always easy work. But when we met our goals it just felt good. Good that I had helped to build something. I have always been proud of that. It's true you do have to provide a lot of your own tools but they give you a generous amount of time to get them, and they will help you get them if you need them to. Truth be told, I needed those tools anyway and I still use them regularly around my house.Overall, I enjoyed my time at Genesis. It was only that a different opportunity came along. I miss many of my coworkers there, and most of them have been around for as long or longer than I was. Management was very gracious when I put my notice in. We said our goodbyes and I finished out my time there very grateful for the opportunities, knowledge, and skills I gained.

Not Worth the Pay

If you’re thinking of applying here, you should probably think twice. Don’t get lulled in by promises of a fulfilling work culture or a career, those are just sales tactics being used on you. There’s a lot of false promises made by the company, more pay, little travel. Truth is you probably won’t see more pay and you’ll end up travelling a lot away from your family and living in cheap hotels. Benefits aren’t the best, paid time off is lacking, and the health insurance is expensive. Don’t get on general management’s bad side or they’ll try to make your life miserable. Go apply at Target or Amazon where you’re guaranteed $15/hour and won’t have to work in insulation filled ceilings or have to purchase $300 worth of tools to get started.

Pros

Struggling to come up with any

Cons

Benefits, Pto, low pay for industry, moody managers

great job if you are looking for a fill in job while you look for something better

genesis datacom has a very confusing management system. If you need a question answered it will take a couple days to get an answer.if you mess one thing up no matter how small it is you will be written up and close to being fired.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

fast paced workplace

Get to a job and do a walkthrough and then pull how many ever cables are required to be pulled. Once the job is finished for the day clean up and make sure the workplace is left in better condition than you found it.

Pros

will get rewarded for good work

Cons

hard to get noticed

Really enjoyed the job, new company that doesn't know what they're doing yet.

I really enjoyed the job. I learned a lot in the field that I want to go into. The negative though is that they are a new company that doesn't have solid leadership. They are still working their way into the business and are doing it successfully, but the people they employ seem to just be pawns for them. They will use new people to the field right up until the 90 day probation period and then fire them so they can steal more experienced people in the field from other companies on the backs of the quality work of the new guys.

Pros

Learn a lot very quickly

Cons

New company still trying to find its legs by using people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis Datacom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6

Genesis Datacom Reviews by Location

• Genesis Datacom
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?