Genesis Financial

Working at Genesis Financial: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

Never the same day twice, challenging but exciting

Days are very busy filled with a variety of tasks that need to be followed up on and completed. Very friendly place to work, it is a small company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers and how we work well together.

Pros

short commute, health benefits, vacation time

Cons

Can be stressful

Professional.

I love their mission and what the company provides for families. They are a global marketing firm that love to help families with their debt, retirement, life insurance and college funds. My boss was very helpful and respectful. I met amazing individuals while working there.

Genesis Financial insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Amazing Family Oriented Company!

I enjoyed my time at Genesis! I would start my day by reviewing auto loan account and calling delinquent customers to schedule or collect payments. The work balance was great & the employee gatherings were always awesome. The payment plans was also great with bonuses and incentives. I had to relocate due to my wife's job. I still talk to several of the employees and the owner, we are like family.

Customer service

Just keep the pace going; Don't let others affect you; Always ask questions; No uniform required; No phones allow. Answer phone calls and review apps!

Finding potential clients who are looking for mortgage loans and credit repair

Maintaining a team to set goals for both calls and emails to find clients with their financial needs. Motivating the team with various incentives for reaching and surpassing their goals

Enjoyable place to work and the staff is great as well.

There are a lot of learning opportunities, and different ways of problem solving for the software. The clients speak very highly of the software and the staff

Pros

The people that I work with

Cons

some days can be extremely slow

Its a solid job

you show up, clock in, work, clock out. its a good solid job. It gets hard collecting money from some people some times. it can lead to depression but you just need to stay ahead of it by staying positive.

Pros

compensation

Terrible company to work for!!!!

never work for this company. They sell junk cars to crack head and meth heads that have only had a pay check for one week. They repo cars and put them back on the lot and lie to there customers about thewre cars havibg a warenty. terrible work environment.

Pros

Cut throat environment

Cons

Manager is incompetent

varied duties made it interesting

It was commission based sales and provided an excellent reward for persistent work habits. Lunch room and office manager made the sandwiches. It was a low-stress environment. The office was in a garden style environment.

Pros

free lunches

Great

The management team is very divided. Most of the work is handled by two reps. The rest work very slow. No work ethic since they have people's private information and yet they allow the use of cell phones on the floor.

Fast paced environment, high pressured job

Genesis is a great place to work with great people to work with. It is a very fast paced environment and the expectations of their employees are extremely high. They do not micro manage and expect their employees to know what needs to be done and do it.

Pros

Benefits, Paid weekly, Great staff to work with, etc....

Cons

Hours of operation

Great work and learning experience

Great work environment with potential to grow and develop as a professional.Genesis offers exceptional customer service training and knowledge to help employees grow in a competitive business atmosphere.

I love working with people

I have been intrigued by working and learning from all source of people and sharing ideas on how to be more effective and motivated. A day at work is making it a knowledgeable one and finding new ideas to better my performance. I am glad to have the opportunity to expand my mind and ability working with others.

Working with famlies losing their homes

I worked with families losing their home. It was a great feelign when we were able to win the case in court but horibke when we had to tell the family they had to move in just a few hours.

Pros

Helping Families

Cons

Overall, most of the employees were fun to work with.

I'd get there at 9 or 10 am.. immediately have to start making phone calls to people who didn't make their payments the day before.. that normally lasted until 4 pm.. then when I completed that list I would have to start back over, but this time I was required to add skip tracing to the process.. I learned how to listen to peoples problems and try to decide who was being sincere, and who was being fake.. I hed the most customers say that I was the nicest, most reasonable acct mgr that they had had there.. The hardest part of the job was when I was FORCED to be harsh to people. That is not my personality! The owners of the company were awesome!! But the manager that was over my department was manipulative, and wanted everyone to act as she did. I wanted to treat people the way I wanted to be treated, but that is not how she wanted it.

Pros

we had chances to earn bonuses w/every check.. they range from $20 extra daily, to $300 monthly.

Cons

if we didn't hit bonuses the checks were small.

Fun work place with challenges and prizes

Job consisted of contacting persons with debt with certain loan companies that were not paid back learned how to keep personal records on speardsheets,fax on fax machine.The most enjoyable part of this job was that we could win prizes everyday.

Pros

sometimes we got free lunch

Cons

depending on our performance was how we got paid hourly plus comission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits