Genesis Health System Employee Reviews in Bettendorf, IA

Company is very good to their employees.
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAMay 15, 2018
Genesis is very good to their employees. I really enjoyed working there. There is always room for advancement and plenty of job opportunities. They really go above and beyond to please their employees.
Fast paced clinic
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAApril 16, 2018
Rooming patients, taking calls, refilling prescriptions, and assisting providers with clinical needs. I learned that there isn't as much growth as I thought there was, and it's more about "who you know" instead of what you know. The most enjoyable part of this job was the patients.
Central Intake Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAFebruary 15, 2018
Follows HIPPA regulations and very professional
Great people to work with and you are always learning new things. They love people to know their job and others to provide the best customer/patient services at each facility.
Great benefits and always someone willing to teach you new things.
I would recommend Genesis to anyone
Pros
Great benefits
manager is unfair
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAOctober 30, 2017
my manager was married to the head of human resources and also close friends with two other employees in the department and treated them differently than anyone else in the department. very unprofessional.
Good place to work.
Developer (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAOctober 9, 2017
Management likes to look out for their employees and make sure that they have the training that they need and also what they would like. People are great.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Can be tough as you are in healthcare
Safety Culture like none other!
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAApril 20, 2017
Genesis is all about building up employees, and giving them the tools to succeed. With the non-punitive use of just culture, Genesis really is the best place I have ever worked. Leadership celebrates every win and safety success story by recognizing them at the beginning of every meeting. I feel empowered to say when something doesn't seem right, because it is everyone's job to keep patients safe. Genesis tries so very hard to keep a healthy work/home life balance with reasonably flexible hours. The hardest part of working here is that we are still learning and growing - the effort is endless, but if everyone keeps pushing in the same direction, we'll get there!
Pros
flexible hours, Prioritized Safety, Focus on Quality, and Leadership cares about employees
Cons
lateral communication could improve
Worst treatment I've ever received in 20 years of nursing!
RN (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAApril 11, 2017
Poor non existent training, no follow up, no training, no support by management. I was thrown out into an environment where your priority is the administrators! Advocating for patients is the last priority!!! Being popular and kissing butt is your only survival in this hostile hospice environment! Lots of turnover due to lack of good manager, educator and supervisors!!! Avoid this place!!!
Pros
Techs do a great job!
Cons
Poor treatment of nursing staff
Enjoyable employment
Hospice Admission Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAApril 12, 2016
Absolutely love my job as Registered Nurse, especially in the Hospice care field. Only draw back is the home vs work life ratio is not of equal value. Much more of my time is spent with my work life.
Pros
variety of patient care
Cons
work life time exceeds limits