Genesis HealthCare System Employee Reviews

Poor Management and tons of Drama
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHNovember 23, 2018
I worked in Behavioral Health and the Managment was very poor! They do not bring issues to the employees instead they discuss it with everyone else and allow you to hear about it from from co-workers. The specialists work very hard and try to be fair but the upper management makes them do the dirty work. The pay is fair and the clients are amazing! Genesis is not willing to put any money into the behavioral health programs to meet the clients needs which makes doing a good job and making a real change in the clients lives is next to impossible!
Pros
Pay, clients, flexibility in schedule
Cons
No resources, poor management, benefits, being asked to leave if census is low
Poor Management
Financial Clearance Representative (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHNovember 2, 2018
I worked in Patient Access for almost 2 years before I quit. You would think the #1 employer in Muskingum CO. Would pay more. No matter how much experience you have they will start you around $12 for Patient Access. Dont try to argue with HR on your experience cause that got me no where. Extremely inmoral managers, ask inappropriate questions that dont relate to work performance at all. No diversity in Patient Access, I think every employee is White, they put ridiculous damands on you for productivity but have no understanding of the job. Lastly they are seriously confused over the job duties. They will tell you Not to work on something then ask you y you left it alone. The ONLY thing good are the hours. You can pick your own schedule
Pros
Hours, insurance
Cons
Too many to list
employees make the place!
Charge Nurse/Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHSeptember 2, 2018
Genesis Hospice is a wonderful department to work for within Genesis Healthcare. The employees are wonderful and the management staff and coordinators really care about its staff! So sad to leave this place! Worked on the floor as a cardiac nurse as well. I did not enjoy this! Some staff members were not team players and it was so busy and fast paced! Unable to spend time with patients and families! Often times would have to take on 6 and 7 patients during a shift and some were on cardiac drips needing frequent monitoring! Very stressful!
Pros
Staff at hospice
Cons
working the floor. Benefits are not great either!
Hospital in Zanesville OH
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 28, 2018
Of course the hospital is a busy place. I don't recall any two days being the same. I was either glad to have the co-workers I had because we had a good day (because our patients had a good day and we worked well together) or I was glad to have the co-workers I had because we had a challenging day (complex workload or crisis and we worked together to assure our patients were cared for to the best of our ability).
My co-workers became like familiy and I am still in touch with some of them today although left over a decade ago. They have continued to grow and remain committed to patient care.
It was a good place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 26, 2018
I liked working at Genesis. I would recommend people to go there. I have learned how to become a good cleaner and to be able to communicate with the patients and other people.
Able to work at my own pace, change menu to fit residents likes /dislikes
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 6, 2018
I loved being able to work at my own pace and have free reign of kitchen during dinner hours. I work well when organized and the use of a time line to ensure meal was prepared and prep area and dishes were clean before tray line, feeding residents in dining room or food carts delivered to rooms.
Pros
Free lunch, work at own pace, socially interacting with residents
Cons
Rude coworkers, too much gossip, poor management skills
Company is mediocre to work for
Orthopedic Technician (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 29, 2018
There is a lot of turnover in employees due to lack of management qualities. The co-workers are great, making the team camaraderie pretty good. The work environment needs improvement.
Genesis is a great place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJuly 24, 2018
I enjoy my coworkers, and like having a semi-set schedule
I have learned a lot being in a fast-paced work environment taking x-rays of inpatients, outpatients, emergency room, and operating room.
Great hospital to work for
Coding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 17, 2018
Genesis was a great facility to work for. The Coding team was a great team to be part of. Everyone seemed to work well together and the manager was always willing to help.
This is a great place to work in the pay was good
Financial Clearance Representative (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 17, 2018
I liked working at this hospital I learned a lot about how the insurance in the medical field works this is not a stressful place to work and they work well with schedules
Pros
I learned about medical insurance
Cons
The pain could be higher
Productive work place
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 30, 2018
A typical day at work for me was never the same due to working in the E.R. While I was employed there for 17yrs I've learned how to work with insurance companies, how to deal with patients to better help them in a one on one basics. The workplace culture was an awesome part of my job I had the pleasure to work with an amazing group of people that always looked out for each other and always pulled there own weight! The most enjoyable part of my time at Genesis was helping my patient with billing insurance and helping reduce there copays by paying at the time of service. Seeing the faces of people that could receive the discounts was rewarding.
Pros
Built longlasting friendships
Cons
Didnt always recieve breaks, due to patient flow
resume
Physician Coding Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 29, 2018
Oversee 15 employees, I had three employees that work at home, I had to monitor them to make sure their product stayed current, for the goal that was set for them. I took care of their time and attendance. I made sure that every week and monthly goals were met from each employee. I trained and counseled them when problem came up within the department. Assigned other duties other employee as well as myself when vacation came up. I also took on other duties within the department. I did my job as well as another EFT duties to keep cost down. I worked from home in coding charge for vascular group. I was on call 24/7 for my employee of any need that my have come up.
Very secure job
Multi Skilled Technician (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHApril 24, 2018
Genesis is a great place to work for. I learned so much while working there. the people I worked with were more like family than co workers, the hardest was part of the job would be watching some of the patients health decline. the most enjoyable part was seeing the patients health improve.
Pros
the relationships you bulid
Cons
short staffed at times
Life of mst/pct
Multi Skilled Technician (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 30, 2018
My typical day is running from room to room to assist clients and the nurses. This is a very busy and trying position, you either enjoy it or you hate it. Overall, it is an income coming in and steady work.
Pros
Short week days, you can pick up extra hours and get incentives for working extra.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of staff, lack of teamwork.
Competative and high paced work environment
Trauma registrar / data analyst (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 23, 2018
As a magnet hospital, everyone is held to high standands. Employees are loyal to the company. Great benefits and compensation programs including earning PTO based one the hours u work and lenght of time with company. Treated like family
Meeting new people
Med Rec (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 23, 2018
My job was as they come type. If they are being admitted then you did the meds but all patients need to have meds reviewed due to some they are not on any longer but may still be given while in a hospital.
Pros
working with the nurses and Doctors
Cons
too far to drive
N/a
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Zanesville OhioMarch 10, 2018
The people you work with are amazing just not certain management, resulting in you always feeling like you aren’t good enough. Management would say good job and then be passive aggressive about other things
poor management
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 7, 2018
low pay,poor management went through several managers in 1 yr., cut throat staff. the medical benefits were good and the Doctors were wasy to work with,but other then that wouldnt reccomend.
Pros
vacation aquired pay
Cons
bad management and cut throat staff
Hard working group of caring staff
SUPPORT STAFF/PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHFebruary 25, 2018
Genesis is a great place to work, they care about their employees an take great care of their staff, benefits package is amazing. They just seem to reach out beyond expectations to improve your experiences an your positions. Their are lots of room for advsncements an opportunities. They keep their staff very informed of changes an advancements an do everything they can to help their staff achieve their goals.
not a place for strong motivated people
cdis (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHFebruary 23, 2018
During the last 15 years the facility's culture has changed to be more of a negative one. where there is no trust at any level. every department has this issue.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about