Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,920 reviews matching the search See all 2,922 reviews
Activities assistants hourly rate $8.84 an hour
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PAMarch 18, 2019
I love the job, residents and my co workers hate that the starting pay is Non negotiable and no raises in my department. Management is powerless Salary is not commensurate with experience!
Stable position but no growth opportunities
Executive Receptionist/ Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CA 92610March 18, 2019
When I asked for opportunities of advancement so I could make more money to support my family I was literally told "H*ll No" then that individual retired with a fat happy bonus retirement check from the CEO.
Pros
Stable position
Cons
No growth or opportunities for raises
Enjoyable place to work
DOD/Nurse Practice Educator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 17, 2019
A typical day at work is working with the staff and patients. I learned how to work with a multi-culture of staff and patients. Management change while I as employed at Genesis but I really enjoyed management. Management is very fair and involved in the staff and patients. It is a very multi-verse culture environment. The hardest part of the job is not being able to accomplish all of your goal for the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the staff and patient's smile once you help them accomplish a skill or task.
Pros
Seeing smiles on patient's /staff face.
Cons
Not being able accomplish goals set for the day.
Nice place to work at with some great co-workers.
Director, Systems Management (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAMarch 16, 2019
Nice place to work at with some great co-workers. Senior management was not always in touch with the concerns of the lower level employees. Built good relationships.
Very rewarding to work at Genesis
Registered Nurse Unit Manger (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMarch 16, 2019
A typical day working at Genesis was goal oriented and tending to the residents needs. I learned to be a unit manager here as well as MDS's . The management team was outstanding and caring. The work place culture was directed towards helping each other and taking pride in their work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the union and the most enjoyable was working with such caring people.
Poorly manage without support from higher ups
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Andrews, NCMarch 14, 2019
Poor management with no leadership. Rehab director often shrekt duties or requested that I fulfill the duties so that he could have an early day. A very unpleasant experience.
Typical Hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 13, 2019
Good co-workers. Need better nurse to patient ratios and more staff in general. Flexible work hours. Not really sure what else to say about it in order to meet my character limit.
Genesis is fun place to work
Assistant Director of Nursing Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 11, 2019
Genesis is a fun friendly place to work, the administrator and management is great. Genesis team are dedicated. The staff and management has a good sense of humor.
Pros
Genesis is a friendly place to work
Cons
nA
Beware of this organizational culture. Ask about retention.
Center HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Barre, VTMarch 8, 2019
Office settings are generally poor in appearance. Budget is primary for clinical staff and not market adjustment for non clinical staff. Equipment may be broken, disrepair or not functional. Ask about retention rates and company outlook on positions.
Was better before Sun Healthcare was brought out
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2019
Lack of incentive for their employees, overworked and no raises. Expecting too much from employees and no compensating will make your employees leave and find better-paying jobs.
This place is horrible
NPE (Current Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 6, 2019
Run away as fast as you can. This company is horrible. The buildings are poorly managed, poorly staffed, and truly earn their one star ratings. If you in it for a paycheck, then Genesis is the place for you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun work environment
Night Shift Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NJMarch 5, 2019
Genesis is a huge corporation. The company is currently restructuring therefore job security is non existent. Nice memories but didn't last for long, unfortunately.
not a good place to work
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 4, 2019
this place is not at all ran well the staff is overworked the aids have between 30-34 residents to take care of they believe its ok to run with one aide and one nurse for 34 patients. The admin is a very angry person that has the wrong priorities in place. Very rude to the employees, stnas are treated poorly and the nurses are given to much to handle for the safety of the residents, these residents are in danger and the management turn the other way it has been brought to their attention and nothing!! The state has been called numerous times by family,residents, and employees and they give them lies and stories, the state believes them and leaves and the next day back to the same routine, i fear for the residents safety and well being. Do not put your family or friends in this facility.
Pros
i love the residents and co workers
Cons
management, and workload
Overworked underpaid Drama
Certified Nurse's Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDMarch 4, 2019
There was absolutely no communication at all in that place. Something as simple as telling an aide that a certain patient has to go to the doctor and to have them ready by such and such time. It would never happen and then somehow it's the cna's fault when they aren't ready in time. And if the nurse's don't like you they make it a personal vendetta to get you fired. The good cna's are treated like trash while the ones who run around creating problems in every department they go in never get reprimanded. They act like working there is such a treat, it's not!
Pros
Good coworkers; teamwork
challenging
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedar Grove, NJMarch 2, 2019
It could be an extremely busy shift most of the time. I was floated to different units with different patient populations and needs. I learned to manage my time.
Pros
challenging
Cons
extremely busy
Hard work
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Northville, MIMarch 1, 2019
I work a four different local I refresh project changing their xp computer to at the time windows 8. So I was the know one that was refresh the computer.
Hire more staff.
RNA (Former Employee) –  Playa del Rey, CA 90293March 1, 2019
Working with genesis healthcare has its ups and downs and more downs than ups. The place needs a better management. No added benefits and advancements available...
Pros
Cons
Service, coworkers.
LPN Job DutiesLpn (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHFebruary 28, 2019
Haven't work there since 2006. Things change. I understand Genesis has been going through some changes.I Can't really say any more about this company.
Pros
Cafeteria opened at night
Cons
Management calls in the middle of my night to ask for coverage.
enjoyed working at Genesis
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 27, 2019
I enjoyed working at Genesis. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facility was very clean and organized. I liked their policies and the benefits.
Loved my team but genesis cooperate is terrible
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 26, 2019
I loved my rehab team, but genesis rehab is not a good company to work for. They have unrealistic expectations and hold all therapists to this standard no matter what the circumstances are. They require you to do all your documentation on an iPad mini and instead of taking only 5 minutes to do a note, it can take 10 or 15 minutes. Assistants are expected to be 90% and evaluating therapists 85%. This might be doable if you could document on a computer but corporate doesn’t care.

The PTO policy is atrocious! You get 48 hours of personal time gifted to you once a year on your work anniversary and then you accrue PTO but it’s literally peanuts. My first check I only accrued 1.25hours for TWO weeks worth of pay!!!! Do yourself a favor and steer clear from this stingy company.
Pros
Best rehab team
Cons
Horrible PTO policy, benefits, corporate, no raises, using an iPad to document, 90% productivity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight