Genesis HealthCare

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Just OK - each day

Genesis is just an OK place, does not invest much on regular employees. May be the top management benefit. If you care for people especially patient, you always feel bad, more paper work than real care for residents

Job that cares about no one and let you be treated disrespectfully

Terrible work space wouldn’t recommend this company Job that cares about no one and let you be treated disrespectfully job has 0 cares about staff……..

January 24, 2022
We thank you for your feedback. To report issues of concern, please contact our Genesis Reach Out Line at 1-800-893-2094. This confidential line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Concerns are investigated and addressed by our compliance department.

Productive and caring

So far, the company has given me the training and support I need to succeed. I have trained with the regional representative initially, and they are always just a phone call or text away, if needed. Others in the building are knowledgeable and if they donot know the answers, they knkw how to find them.

January 24, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Genesis employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We appreciate your kind review.

Toxic management

Run the other way, management will throw a hard working, loyal employee under the bus to cover their butt. I worked there for 6 years and never felt secure in my role or felt our patients got the care they deserved.

January 24, 2022
Genesis believes operating with integrity is extremely important, and hence, we treat all concerns seriously and handle with sensitivity. To report issues of concern, please contact our Genesis Reach Out Line at 1-800-893-2094. This confidential line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Good place to work! Residents are so special!

Payroll and resident moneyGood ManagementLoved my coworkersAlways a good timeGood work environmentStressful at timesStaffing good at timesLoved working there, just needed a change- but would like to return at somepoint

January 24, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Genesis healthcare isn't terrible to work for, also not the best.

I was very excited to work with everyone. I am so outgoing and love to be apart of things, however, from the moment I started I was excluded and had very little training. The information to be able to do my job properly is never given to me.

Pros

Easy system to understand and learn

Cons

is like I'm chained to my desk. with only 30min break SOMETIMES.

January 24, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We value your review.

Terrible management under paid no help no teamwork

Worst job I’ve ever had hr mislead you management lies everyone just upset no care for the residents I would never recommend this place and My they don’t give 100% care to family or residents

Low pay, useless management, misleading about raises and job responsibilities, unprofessional

The pay here is abysmal for the amount of work that is expected of employees, not even mentioning the additional responsibilities and rules to adhere to that are added to the workload every few weeks. The very notion of a raise is laughed at by anyone who works here. Corporate interest and profit comes before all in this place. Everybody in all departments are spiteful, petty, and unprofessional. There is little-to-no communication between anybody about what is going on at any given time. People are quick to report you whenever given the chance instead of just communicating with you. Nurses/CNA’s are better respected than dietary or housekeeping, and even they hate their jobs. Many people are unashamedly disrespectful and unprofessional toward coworkers and residents. This is a terrible place to work, and does not pay enough to put up with it. Management, while compassionate and accommodating, can be a joke. You will never receive an ounce of respect in this place, and it will whittle away your sense of humanity and self respect.

Pros

Free food, 30 minutes breaks, above minimum wage

Cons

Toxic environment, antagonistic and unprofessional coworkers, full of staff that are out to get you, useless management, unfair pay, no room for advancement

Fun place to work with good perks.

I enjoy working there. It’s fun to hang out with the kids in kids club. We provide a great service so that the parents can used lol the facility without worrying about their child(ren).

Core Leadership is trustworthy and stands by employees

Genesis is fair to employees and strives to improve the lives of others. The company has downsized its portfolio and has eliminated positions to accommodate the fluctuations in the markets due to Covid.

Pros

Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Covid has created difficult staffing for the entire industry

Dedicated employees

I've worked here for a few months and the dedication of the staff stands out to me. Everyone is so engaged and supportive of each other! I was nervous when I saw a sign on bonus, but really everyone is so good and steps in to help. Management is awesome and caring. Everyone that's left here after the vaccine mandate is cream of the crop! Just hard to staff anywhere right now!

Pros

Great coworkers, scheduler works with you to fit your needs

Cons

Busy (but that's anywhere in healthcare)

Stressed and anxious coming in to work, drained and in pain coming home

- Short-staffed constantly, patient ratios too high which made it so I came home drained physically and mentally- Staff morale low, turnover rate extremely high, always new people- Management does not care for nursing staff and continues to take in more admissions despite short staff- Management does not provide vital signs machines for the staff for accurate and timely care- Poor adherence to safety protocols

Pros

30 minute lunches, OK compensation, some nice people

Cons

Most people are unhappy there (patients and staff), Poor A/C all the time, Management, Poor staffing and training

Remote position was convenient.

No job security. Given 24 hour notice that I was losing my job. Upper management indifferent. No work/life balance. Remote Position was convenient. Decent pay, but not on-par with national average for the position. Expensive benefits.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Typically worked in excess of 40 hours, upper management is indifferent, no job security

True team atmosphere

Amazing company to grow and thrive with. Constantly encouraged to take breaks and watch sports while on duty. Loved every second with the company. Amen

Pros

Amazing wage structure

Love my department!

My management is top notch! Working in healthcare is very challenging (especially now), and they are truly there for you and ready to help with anything they can.

Completely Toxic

Save yourself the time and headache of working with this company. Long hours, low pay, no respect for personal time, and no appreciation from management.

A low paying, non productive workplace, nothing good to say period

Horrible attendance policy and poor pay. You only get one 30 minute lunch break and no other breaks per 12 hour shift. Ran unfairly, lots of clicks. Not a good experience at all.

Pros

Cons

One 30 min break for a 12 hour shift, poor pay, they don’t give out fair raises, have to many clicks, poor attendance policy

Fun job

Good therapy job. Busy pace with high caseload. Group therapy doenduall of job. No room for advancement. No raises in a very long time. fun job wirjjnf with reaisents

Opportunities for growth, alot of appreciation activities for team

Overall not a bad place to work. There were always alot of fun activities for staff appreciation all year round, not just Nursing Home, Nurse, or CNA week.Pay was pretty good, but then it needed to be as health insurance was ridiculously expensive. Good vacation and sick time benefits.

Pros

Staff appreciation Vacation and sick time benefits

Cons

Health insurance too expensive

Would not recommend!

Management was extremely unprofessional, expected to work without morning or afternoon breaks. Did not follow Covid protocol. Favoritism played throughout.

Cons

No breaks, not adequate training, extremely unprofessional and highly stressful.

IT is an excellent place to work but pay raises are not guaranteed upon completion of your first 90 days

The people are wonderful to work with but it is important to keep your personal life to yourself. I am not sure of my future with genesis because I would like to go back to school for my LPN and i am not sure if they will support the hours needed to go back to school.

Common questions about Genesis HealthCare

Answered by current and former employees at Genesis HealthCare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9
2.8
2.7
2.9

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Genesis HealthCare.
Powered byComparably