Play YouTube video button
55Below average
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Genesis HealthCare:

Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA33 reviews
Just OK - each day
Genesis is just an OK place, does not invest much on regular employees. May be the top management benefit. If you care for people especially patient, you always feel bad, more paper work than real care for residents
Workplace culture
The pay for the patient responsibility is terrible. At my time there management was no smarter than the floor nurse. Certain staff allowed to do and say anything if friends with the DON at that time. Hopefully different now. GNA’s run the building. Poor nursing support from upper management.
August 28, 2019
We value your feedback. Our employees are the vital link between Genesis and our patients and residents.
LTC needs work
The residents and co wokers were very pleasant, but LTC needs to be revamped. The nurse to patient ratio is not ideal and not safe. I gave the best care I could to my residents, but I often felt overwhelmed and underappreciated.
N/a
Working at Genesis is a stressful place and there is a lot of lacking in communication. And there are secret cliques. Doesn’t feel like a team effort working there.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
Poor communication
July 2, 2019
We thank you for your feedback. To report issues of concern, please contact our Genesis Reach Out Line at 1-800-893-2094. This confidential line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Concerns are investigated and addressed by our compliance department.
Hectic Environment
Busy environment but long hours and not enough pay to be part time. The staff was nice, but the location had a lot going on. The facility was old and falling apart.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Quick turn around
quick nursing turn around great place to work if you just starting out as a GNA for the pay that they offer they need more staff there to help Nursing threw there shifts
Laid off process
The Laid off process was unprofessional meaning that they only gave us less then 30 days to find another job and didn't give us another position at other job sites that where available in the surrounding area.
April 8, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. When decisions are made by Genesis senior leadership, there are many considerations. We take into account the impact on employees as well as the patients and residents that we serve.
Nice quiet sometimes noisy environment but it’s fun and very easy to do
Try to keep track of time when you are doing certain tasks because you could end up leaving late residents are nice and sweet but do not let them take advantage of u though cuz they will start asking for certain things they can’t have it most of your time will be in the kitchen
Pros
Fun and easy to do
Fun place to work
Very productive with a lot to learn and great team work. Nice environment and great place for patients. Well deserve nurses and administrator is there
Pros
Awards
Cons
Short breaks
Cleaning Job/ Laundry
Required to have experience in working in a healthcare community. This job is part time but doesn't not give benefits. Overall for some one seeking partite hours.
good work place
Typical day at work p print out my daily census. Check discharge patient file and check new admission. Answering phone call doing clerical job. I learned from genesis you have to be a good listener and you have to have strong work ethics . The job was easy for me I learn more each day. I have good co worker and good manager
Pros
Good people
Cons
They dont have medicall billing specilalist
Fun place
Staff was nice, residents were nice, and it was a nice relaxed place to work. I traveled to different facilities and helped different staff. I learned a lot in managing an office.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Little pay and long hours
Fast-paced Health Care Facility
Given the constraints of budgets, census and Federal and state regulations, this facility and my department did an excellent job of providing a clean, sanitary and attractive facility for our residents and their families.
Fox chase Maryland
This is a horrible place to be employed at. They hire you for full time but you work less than 80 hours per pay period. the most hours you get as a full time employee is 60-65 hours. The pay is extremely low and dont dare to complain to the DON, Unit manager of administrator because they tell you if you dont like it then you can leave. If you dare to put in a 2 weeks notice they tell you, you dont have tow stay the 2 weeks you can leave right now and we have left. There are no shift differential being paid if you stay over any shifts. The place holds 76 beds and last i checked they have only 54,55 residents and constantly calls you at home 1 hour before your shift starts and tell you to stay home. My advice stay away this place is horrible and so is management!!!!!
Pros
Cons
no breaks, over worked an under paid
I can't remember much,it been a little while when I left.
very challenging and fast pace to work,again can't say much because it been a little while since I left.To my understanding the previous
management I worked for sold the company to another management.

They also provide quality service to senior citizens in other to improve their quality of life of it residents.They also provide dialysis services to residents within and outside the community.
Pros
No, you provide your own lunch
Cons
can't remember from that time.
Work life balance was difficult
Great learning experience however it required many hours a day which I did not mind but being on call was tough. after working a 10-12 hour day I could be called at 10 or 10:30 and told they couldn't find a nurse to replace one who had called out so I would have to work 11am-7pm
Productive very fast paced setting
Assisting Program Manager in the administrative management of the Rehabilitation Department. I ensured licenses for all therapists and assistants were current and posted. Assist therapy staff in achieving targeted patient care hours assigned by the Program Manager and/or Area Director. Monitor temperature of hydro-collator units and confirm mechanical checks/calibrations are according to schedule.
Order supplies per inventory under the direction of the Program Manager.Confirm therapists are current for all mandatory and/or required in-services.Examine and ensure all rehab staff are current for PPDs.Track annual screens and notify therapists with updates/Reviewing of Physician orders and signatures.

Coordinate scheduling of all per diem/casual staff under the direction of the PM, finalizing productivity/efficiency and submit for billing. The hardest part of my job was when patients I grew found of past away. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I am helping others, that in its self is rewarding.
Pros
Was able to help patients on a daily basis.
Good entry GNA experience
The specific Genesis I was employed at, I had heard many stories about from previous employees. I met a number of very skilled individuals while working there and learned quite a bit of real life technical skills, as well as sharpening and becoming more efficient as a GNA at performing my job.

I thought the administrators were very good at running the facility. The DON was very skilled as a director, the main administrators were very good, and the HR, and unit managers were excellent in their job performance.
Pros
DON was very interested in running a very on point facility.
Cons
Pay was not what my research had indicated it would/should be.
Great co-workers, fun friendly working environment
Genesis was a nice company to work for, my co-workers in the rehab department made it a very enjoyable learning and working experience for me, I attained a lot of knowledge working with the staff and patients in the rehab department, it was a great working and learning experience for me. Watching the therapist work with their patients, and rehabilitate them was very intriguing.
Pros
No weekends, free meals from dinning room, leave early on Fridays
Cons
Work load was too much for one person
Nice place to work
Enjoying working at Genesis it like a family place. Flexible Schedule/hours.

Team Work and Management are ready to help or take you for an in-service if needed.
Cons
Poor benefits/pay rate
Excelent team to work with
Is a pleasure to work at this company with people of different Ethnic.. No discrimination or racism.
We all work together for the benefit of our residents
Pros
You can take your vacation any time of the year
Cons
Expensive benefits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight