Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,756 reviews matching the search See all 2,760 reviews
Oppressive workplace
SLP Clinical Fellow (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 17, 2018
In a typical day I was pressured to see 10-12 patients, and sometimes pressured to see patients that were not appropriate. My opinion was not always valued because, like many healthcare companies, the focus is on bringing in more money rather than on patient care. I enjoyed seeing a diverse caseload of patients, but felt constantly stressed, particularly when our area manager left and a very Type A individual replaced her. The work culture in my area became intolerable with limited vacation granted, and unreasonable demands placed on employees.
Productive and fun
Unit LPN/Float LPN (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAOctober 17, 2018
Excellent facility for advancement. Management is awesome. I was able to excel in my career. Staff listen to concerns. Bonus for working week ends, staff differential was great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short staffed at times
Very difficult place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FL 32955October 16, 2018
Not enough staffing, supplies or equipment. Unprofessional and dirty. Documentation system is very cumbersome and redundant.
I have never had all the scheduled medications and am forced to "borrow" from other residents.
There is no one at the desk after 5:00 and answering the phone (when you are down the hall giving meds) the phone will ring continuously.
Pros
I only work part time.
Cons
See above.
Worst company ever!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, KYOctober 15, 2018
I worked for Genesis Healthcare at their hopkins center, the whole Entire company is one big hot mess and they dont care for their residents all they care about is money. Most hateful and discriminative company i have ever seen. To sum it up they are down right dirty and should all be closed down. And they have plenty of scabies thats for sure.
Pros
None.
Cons
The company as a whole is awful
Ok place to work
Assistant Food Services Director (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDOctober 15, 2018
Decent place to work, if you like help people, need to be able to handle a heavy work load when short staff, you also need to have thick skin and patient.
Pros
customer care
Cons
short staff
Interactions with local office staff far better than interacting with corporate
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
I have worked at this company for over 6 years. Most of the time my interactions were with the people in my local office. They provided me with assignments and contracts for my daily work. There have been several people over the years in this position. Most were/are very nice and helpful as well as responsive about questions or issues.
Then there is working with corporate. Communication with HR is mostly a nightmare. It is such a drastic difference between local management and Corporate. Also, I question the legality of some of their policies.
I think some of this is because when I started, I worked for another company that was bought out by Genesis. My position was never in jeopardy, but those in the office seemed to be replaced. I have never actually been inside the office, but it is clear to me that they are expected to perform more for less compensation.
The benefits package seems alright on the face of it. They provide health, vision, dental, 401-K, and other usually seen items. The healthcare coverage is rather minimal. They pay only 50% of the premium, and there are higher deductibles and higher co-pays. I previously had an individual policy with a health insurance company and my coverage was better for a lower premium.
Pros
For my position the hourly pay is at or slightly above industry standard
Cons
Working with corporate is a headache and benefits are not very good.
Typical work day
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 15, 2018
My typical day at work is to provide good customer service at work. Complete admission at work. I also enter orders in the computer that is approved by the doctors or Rehab specialist. I also provide teachings to the aides about how to enter the adl care. How to change folely. How to feed their residents. I also gave teaching on the Nurses on how to administer flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccine.
Pros
Each completed Admission you get a lunch at the end of the week.
Cons
No vaccation during holidays
Total job
Assisting at least (Former Employee) –  LaFollette, TNOctober 14, 2018
CNA's are taken advantage of, they expect you to not have any help whatsoever turning or changing a resident. If certain CNA's didn't like a resident they didn't get the same are as the others. Resident's families came in an let their kids run the halls and disturb other residents.
Cons
Pay, Lack of Staff, Management
Nice place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 14, 2018
I loved my job in housekeeping and laundry . My boss was really nice she was a good person hard working and understanding I don't have no problem at all in the work place. I was there for 3 year's just would like to make more money and didn't have to leave from the job the way it happened but still got love for everyone . It was a great opportunity for me and would love to go back ! Smile@bigbaby everything happens for a reason wish the company and staff the best. 10/14/2018
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hard work
Cna
Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJOctober 13, 2018
Was often understaffed which left staff over worked and tired. Turn over was very high especially in the winter. But they hire good staff most of the time so it makes it seem easy.
Pros
They hold classes to certify applicants with a CNA license.
Cons
Patient staff ratio is off balance.
Strong system
CENTER NURSE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMOctober 12, 2018
With this company, career is much more important than family or personal circumstance. Much to learn, complex systems that must be learned quickly. Can be an awesome company.
Pros
Many well established systems
Cons
Disappointments are often
Externally run by stock holders
LNA (Current Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHOctober 11, 2018
I believe the best managed places are those who own the company and participate with its everyday functions. This is very un-true of Genesis. For a multi million dollar corporation, you think someone would care more about how internal controls were run. The answer to careless, lazy and flagellant employees is "They are a body!" There is no incentive to work for this company except swollen feet and the feeling of being run down into the ground.
I enjoyed working at Lopatcong but the salary and cost of health insurance was far more than I could afford.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 11, 2018
The facility was a good place to work and close to home but the cost of my family's healthcare was far too expensive I had to work overtime to compensate the cost. The co workers were amazing and I enjoyed my job but the pay rate was very low and the cost of benefits was not acceptable.
Pros
They worked around your schedule and vacations
Cons
The cost of healthcare and the salary
Activity assistant
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALOctober 10, 2018
This job was very fun. The activity assistant provides daily activities for residents within the facility that are fun and can involve crafts, food, and exercise. Very rewarding feeling going home everyday.
Poor workplace
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parkville, MDOctober 7, 2018
Genesis healthcare has a poor management. Employees are poorly treated. A lot of abuse and social inequalities. Management does not care about the employees security until they feel threatened themselves.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Poor quality of service
Marcella Center (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJOctober 7, 2018
This place was a very productive place and I learned and experienced a lot, it taught me how to care and provide for others with their mental and physical disabilities, I also learned more refined ways of communication with staff, residents, and family members.
Na
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCOctober 7, 2018
I would not recommend. Not the best place to work or company to work for. Low pay, bad benefits and management is not great th o work with. Would not reccomend.
Good company
CNA/ Restorative Aide (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 5, 2018
Had a lot of opportunity here for advance. Learned the skills by on the job training. Lots of support from management and employees. I miss the old Genesis family.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
Not for everyone
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 5, 2018
Underpaid and overworked. Always short staffed. Hours are not flexible you have three set shifts to choose from. Work load isn’t disparaged fairly. Looking for a new job
Worst place every
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2018
I would not send a rabbit dog to this place, the place smell like urine u are so over work, the rn do not give report and they hide from the family members. Making them scream at us. They would not know a good worker if one slapped them in the face. Thats why their turn over is so bad. Because all they care about is money.
Pros
Close to the blvd

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

55out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Genesis HealthCare.

Powered by Comparably