Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 3,034 reviews matching the search See all 3,036 reviews
Good Company
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJune 14, 2019
No issues, enjoyed staff and residents. Always provided with help from bosses if needed. Stayed busy but we worked well as a team. Lots of fun activities for staff and residents.
Awful place to work
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 13, 2019
Genesis was my first job as a lvn ever. It was a horrible experience from the very beginning. They promise a lot but deliver very little on their promises of thorough training and education. They promise 12 weeks of training to new nurses and then throw you to the wolves after a few short shifts. They overload the nurse’s with work, there’s constant internet issues, management does not care about employees and the management for the facility in general is very poor. The nurse’s stations are poorly organized if at all. There’s only one pixis in the entire facility. Cna’ do as they please when they please and if they please and there’s never a reprimand. Management doesn’t respect staff, therefore staff does not respect management. All this company cares about is the dollars. This company does not appreciate it’s employees and there is a lack of TEAM. It’s everyone for themselves. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT work for this company. The pay vs. the amount of stress you deal with is just not worth it.
Pros
Making a difference in resident lives.
Cons
Pay, stress level, lack of management, shortage of staff, overworked and underpaid, favoritism, awful company to work for.
Management does not believe in promoting from within. Many politics and low pay.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousJune 12, 2019
Company gives little resources for productive work, rather hire people from outside of organization instead of investing on employees who already have the knowledge but just need guidance and support. Lack of communication unless something that is constructive criticism. Higher pay for someone on the outside versus someone who was with the company for many years. Expensive benefit packages and raises are few if any at all. Would go years without an increase.
Not a very good company
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJune 11, 2019
I will never work for Genesis again. I spent the first 3 years at a building and had to leave due to poor management. I have never worked at another genesis building since then.
Got a handful of co workers I liked and got along with
LNA (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJune 11, 2019
You bend over backwards for employees. Your lied to pay is terrible employees put you on the back burner I was denied vacation time after I put it in 3 months in advance and was told “the reason I can’t take it is because people are gone that week” so professional.

Certain people would tell me one thing one day and it would be different the next.... Iv had trouble with this company before. I would not recommend working for this company what so ever. Not unless u wanna be treated unfairly. There is def. FAVORITISM in play.

I would advise you to keep any evidence of a conversation or any copy’s of documents you might have in case they want to turn the story around on you one day they have done it to me..... had my last straw today and quit.... my health is way more important they do not accommodate you to figure out a solution either they DO NOT CARE. Iv never quit a job place in my life Until today.

All they care about is them selves be aware! Everybody has a different experience and this was mine. My real complaints are you got backstabbers and staff that is absolutely horrible (upper management needs work). You will pick up after your co workers as well fellow LNAs ect. Lots of your LPNs Nurse’s ect will not help you. As I said I only have a hand full of people who I thought were fantastic.

Your definatly lied to about pay.... I was told 13.50 an hour and then when I met up with HR I was told 16.50.... im was also thrown on memory support after just one night of training! Not knowing a clue about the routein they had so I had to teach my self
  more... and make my own up. To much drama! Everyone talks behind your back! Watch your self here and def have evidence to back ur self up if ur in a predicament.  less
Pros
None 😂
Cons
Horrible upper management, not treated fairly, lack of training on each unit, they are NOT flexible What so ever... there’s a bunch more.
Great company in which to advance managerial skill set
Nurse Practice Educator (Former Employee) –  Marmet, WVJune 9, 2019
I enjoyed working for Genesis HealthCare and being allowed the necessary autonomy to perfect my job. The company provides a comprehensive policy and procedures infrastructure which enables a managerial nurse to work independently to find necessary information to complete job tasks.
June 10, 2019

Thank you for your positive review! Genesis employees are our most valuable resource. Through the talents and extraordinary dedication that our employees bring to their jobs each and every day, they make it possible to achieve our mission of providing high-quality healthcare and everyday compassion.

hard place
Dietary Cook/ Line Prep (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJune 8, 2019
hard place to work very under staffed and mangement was very lacks
on no call no shows
there was a alot of fighting among department heads and staff
June 10, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your input is critical for Genesis to improve our operations. To report a concern, please contact our Compliance Department at Reachout@genesishcc.com so we can further investigate.

fffff4f4f4
Licensed Practical Nurse, Medication Tech (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 5, 2019
I love this company. I have been there for 14 years. I got Caregiver of the year. I just think I need a change. Something new. I work very hard at my job everyday.
June 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Genesis employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We appreciate your kind review.

Genesis Healthcare is a good place to work
RN Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTJune 5, 2019
I actually enjoy working at Genesis Healthcare. I've grown to be a better RN while with them. I've learn plenty as a manager, The best part of my experience is being able to help in the care of another person, helping them achieve wellness and seeing the joy it brings to their family members. Genesis is very diverse with many employees from all parts of the world.
Pros
Being able to be constantly learning
Cons
Waages could be alot better
June 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Genesis.

Workplace
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  NJJune 5, 2019
Genesis gave me a great learning opportunity and was an excellent choice for me as a new grad. Genesis promotes ethical behaviors and drives their company on patient centered approach. The benefits can use help and I did not receive annual raises as promised. Otherwise I had a great work experience.

A.M. Cook
A.M. Cook (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 4, 2019
I cooked breakfast and lunch for the patients and residents of the nursing home. I enjoyed this part of the job and enjoyed improving the taste of the food over time,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Lengthy schedules
working efficiently at home or in the office.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJune 4, 2019
I will open emails and review the focus for the day given by my manager. I start to work on benefit verification in a timely manner. I will attend meeting if one is set for that day. I will generate UDA ( charts) with benefit information. i will email how many i completed for the day and sent EOD to my manager.
Pros
i am able to work from home
Cons
my drive is 40mins or more.
June 10, 2019

I feel they don't care about employees
STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHJune 3, 2019
I was hit by a resident causing me to have mild concussion. Nothing was said or done. To many people pay more attention to social media or personal phone calls
Pros
Cons
Not enough aides
Wish they had more Non Clinical DOR roles
Director of Rehab/Vitality to You (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 2, 2019
Great Company, I loved the Management Team I had the Pleasure and Opportunity to work with., Marketing VP was awesome and so full of energy, motivation, support and really spent time with me.

I wish my position was not eliminated, as I loved the company and it was sad to leave but my supervisor was laid off then, marketing coach, then me. It was great while it lasted.
Pros
people, learning, training, energy
Cons
my position ed eliminated/lay off
June 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Genesis.

Nice place to start out
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 2, 2019
Nice place to work, management was too delegating on jobs that they were supposed to do themselves. over worked made to help in different departments and never compensated for it.
Cons
short lunch, poor management
Stressful and Very troubling company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 2, 2019
In this facility we are entrusted with the lives of others, their families who are there temporarily for rehab services and or there on hospice care, as well as permanent care. The drama that goes on in that building is very unprofessional. Any type of wrong doing that gets reported is Not kept confidential and retaliation is a big issue here. The residents safety is at risk as long as current Administrator and DIRECTOR of Nurses is still in charge. This is why I parted ways.
June 3, 2019

Thank you for sharing your concern. At Genesis, we pride ourselves on providing compassionate care to our patients and residents in a positive work environment. To report a concern, please contact our Compliance Department at Reachout@genesishcc.com so we can further investigate.

Required to travel to multiple settings
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Falkville, ALJune 1, 2019
Poor work environment, poor management Required to travel to multiple facilities with very short notice. Not enough physical therapists to cover the work load. Patient care at several facilities was inadequate. Productivity requirements unreasonable. Poor communication between REHAB management, facility medical staff and therapy staff. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients
Pros
Patient population
Cons
Stressful work environment, poor management
Decent job
DME Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAJune 1, 2019
This could have been a GREAT place to work, they need to find another way to get people trained...being trained by the person sitting next to you just does not work...this was the consensus of the new hires at the time I was hired. Also, just because a person is away from the office for a little while does not mean that their desk should be ransacked by co-workers...especially by people (therapist) who are paid a generous salary and can afford to purchase the same items they stole. I quit only because of this...I do not want to work in a place where I have to always be on guard - looking out for people with sticky fingers...ugh!!!
Pros
Cons
Thieving co-workers, training

Unstable company
Nurse Practice Educator (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 31, 2019
Genesis is a company you should run from. The corporation’s interest is in its shareholders and not its employees (to boost morale) or their patients. Genesis paints a good picture, but delivers minimum I’m return to their employees.
Fast paced, good luck finding anything you need.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMMay 31, 2019
Maybe it was just the facility I was in but they would run out of important basic thing that are needed. Good luck finding a thermometer and a pulse oximeter, that actually work. Unfortunately, I couldn’t handle continuing to be apart of the staff.
Pros
Long hours. Overtime.
Cons
Short lunches. No breaks. Understaffed. Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight