Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,470 reviews matching the search See all 2,471 reviews
It is a very mental and stressful
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 17, 2018
Healthcare has changed tremendously with more opioid addictions, alcoholics, and dementia patients make for a stressful job. You need to have patience and empathy.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Genesis IT
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJuly 17, 2018
Pros:

- Work is steady
- Co-workers are friendly
- Pay is fair

Cons:

- Lack of training for critical applications
- Technology offered to customers is far too complicated for them to be self sufficient
- Under-staffed
- Micromanaging
- Customers expect us to be knowledgeable for non IT related issues
- Applications very undependable
- Exhausting taking calls after calls
- Managers have no regard for employee's well-being - too customer-centric
- Overly paranoid regarding IT security
love
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 17, 2018
I loved my co-workers and director. We were together for so long, we were like family. The whole department got along so well. We were efficient, confident and well liked by the facility.
Pros
everything
Workplace Culture
HR Corporate Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJuly 15, 2018
Being in HR I myself fell victim to discrimination, though they did try to rectify the problem they continued to promote the person within who was responsible for the discrimination. Our department was run like a military camp and speaking to one another was a issue however the manager and director could hold 45 minute conversations when they felt the need. Bathroom breaks and water breaks could only be taken during your regularly scheduled breaks. In addition favoritism was a huge issue and if you made one mistake you were degraded and spoken to in an embarrassing manor in front of your peers.
Nursing home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Ashby, WVJuly 14, 2018
When you come in you pass breakfast. After breakfast is done you start your crazy day with bed baths, and showers. Then you will go to lunch. After your lunch you take the residents to lunch. After that you check your people pass your hydration’s and do extra work as clean the room, make beds and keep busy. The management isn’t really on you about anything unless you are short staffed or what not. I would say the hardest part of this job will be being short staffed and trying to get all of your patients up on time. I honestly thing the enjoyable part of this job will be going on break to get away for a bit
Pros
3 break. 1 30min, 2 15 mins
Cons
Not fully staffed, not paid enough
Home-like environment
Nurse Practice Educator (Former Employee) –  Marmet, WV 25315July 12, 2018
I felt at home working for Genesis HealthCare. I enjoyed being part of the management team. The most enjoyable part of my work with Genesis was the autonomy I had to do my work. As long as I got the work done by deadlines I was able to work nearly independently.
fun and unpredictable work environment
Retail Consultant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RIJuly 12, 2018
a typical day at work is very busy and face paced, residents were great and some staff was nice. management was great friendly and on top of things at all time. I learned how to manage time and also how to work as a team player. the hardest part of my job was unpredictable and unknown of each day.
Pros
very heplful staff and good over time hours
Cons
can be too fast pace at times and short staff
Excellent opportunity worthy of exploration
Sr. Director Provider Relations, HR Operations (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 12, 2018
Great nation wide work experience with locations in 34 states and 4 divisions. There is always something new to learn, adjust to with an opportunity to modify processes within department.
it was ok
Kids Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 11, 2018
management was bad, never checked in with you, you trained for one day and then you were by yourself for the rest of your time while you were there. enjoyable part was working with the kids they are always fun
Isnt what it used to be
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 11, 2018
No balance with shifts. Days are calling people off while using overtime on pm shift and nights. All newer people on 2nd and 3rd shift. Work in a huge spread out building but no change with staffing numbers to accomodate the workload
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVJuly 11, 2018
Over worked and underpaid. No respect from anyone. They patience were treated poorly. Commination was terrible, and they were not very flexible with hours.
Fast pace and unpredicatable
IT Field Service Mananger - Capital South (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 11, 2018
The hardest part of my job is the unpredictable and the unknown of each day. Each day is unique and distinctive in several different ways. But what I enjoyed most was resolving major issues for our computer users and calming down users that would get excited about their computer crashing and being able to retrieve their data when they don’t have a backup of their data. Management team is very supportive and they support my decisions.
Pros
My co-works
Cons
No pay raises
productive,competitive, repetive
Recovery 1-Collector (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 10, 2018
worked on a dialer system only had inbound outbound calls, the whole department was constantly on a learning curve. Had same Management from Signet, No over time was offered
Pros
Same Management, open door policy, games, free lunches
Cons
Demotions, short breaks, morale changed
Overworked and Underpayed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVJuly 10, 2018
The location I worked at was depressing and stressful. You sent payed enough and your working most of the time, you have little home time. The place isn't ran real well either.
Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJuly 10, 2018
When i first started working there was great. Then management switched and favouritism started happening and very hostile environment. It was the best place in 2014.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Terrible management
Residents do not live where we work, we work where they live!
STNA (Current Employee) –  Bryan, OHJuly 9, 2018
Management cares about their employees and gives employees options of when they can work. Residents are very easy to love. Food has improved greatly. Lots of fun activities to do. Staff really cares!
Pros
Loving our residents
Cons
Getting too attached to our residents.
Genesis is my home.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cape May, NJJuly 8, 2018
I used to work for Genesis Healthcare as an CNA. They encouraged me to go back to school to get my LPN. I ended up having a family, and leaving Genesis for 2 years to raise my young children. After all that, I came back and with all their friendliness it feels like I’ve never left!
Pros
Friendly staff, Organization, great scheduling
Cons
High turn over rate, short staffed
internship
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJuly 8, 2018
I interned there. I had a great supervisor to work with. My fellow co-workers made it exciting to work there. I made life time friends. Great staff and management.
reasons i hate my job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, WVJuly 7, 2018
we are constantly understaffed
never have clean linen
people dont work together
people dont come in at all
eveeyone quits
mandation is terrible
constant injurues
Great teamwork!
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 6, 2018
The nursing/dietary/housekeeping staff worked well together to provide the best care for the patients. The administrator set a positive example of how a team is suppose to work together...I truly enjoyed working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight