Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,813 reviews matching the search See all 2,814 reviews
Excellent company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Genesis, I received much employee education reimbursement funding . Lots of support and encouragement to complete degrees in nursing. Started as associates degree RN - Completed MSN - masters degree in nursing prior to leaving.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Too stress
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Revere, MADecember 15, 2018
The manager was lazy, and lie about everything, your forces to 2 to 3 jobs while, the manager sit in the office. I love working for the residents. But I left sorry, not alway there was stuff that they wanted.
Very unacceptable
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PADecember 15, 2018
The management there is terrible, they talk behind your back and act nice to your face. Managers are very rude and the behavior is unacceptable and unprofessional.
Pros
Residents were nice
Cons
Managers are very rude
Needs Improvement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 15, 2018
Average day is challenging for various reasons, but the most obvious is low morale among staff members, which trickles down to the patients. (OF COURSE, this is not all locations - this rating belongs to GHC Long Green Center.)
Pros
Scheduling flexibility
Cons
Little to no team support
Okay
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 14, 2018
Had some good management and not so good management. The administrator is very kind hearted and cares about the patients. Nurse management tried their best but overworked at times.
No teamwork
RN Nurse Practice Educator (Former Employee) –  Homewood, MDDecember 12, 2018
I worked as a nurse practice educator, so itherefore have most time autonomy doing my job. What I noticed and from complaints from nurses and gnas, that there is no teamwork at this particular facility, Iam not sure of other facilities. No incentives for employees
Pros
Cons
No teamwork
great management
Nurse Practice Educator (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, ME 04976December 11, 2018
I enjoyed the acceptance of the educational culture however I preferred my own teaching techniques as opposed to canned power points. Management was agreeable to flexibility with skills fairs and
annual educational requirements. Staff loved my in-services and stories and patient examples to help them remember important ponts!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
too far to travel
A lot of locations so always have a job
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDDecember 11, 2018
Genesis company has taken away a lot of benefits. We have not received raises for the past 4-5 years. The healthcare insurance is not good either. Genesis was a good company when I first started.
Cons
No salary raises
The facility in Belen New Mexico don’t work there
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMDecember 10, 2018
Upper management does not appreciate the workers. New administrator no employee can talk to. She will not listen to others on ideas or suggestions. When poor management is reported to corporate office no action is taken to correct.
Pros
Some coworkers. Nothing from company
Cons
Upper management
Bad management
Aide (Former Employee) –  NhDecember 10, 2018
Work tended to be stressful. Never enough help. Management was famous for making someone do two jobs but no additional compensation. I wouldn't recommend Genesis to any one. Neither to work or as a resident.
Pros
Cons
Work enviroment
Stna
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 9, 2018
Very stressful, always low on staff, Mandation policy, Residence are very friendly. Management needs communication skills. Hardest part of job is beingable to leave afteryour shift is over.
Miserable and degrading workplace.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVDecember 8, 2018
I’ve never been employed to a place that doesn’t care for their employees. This workplace will and does destroy your well being, emotionally, physically, and mentally well being. You are taken advantage of, worked like a dog and not appreciated for anything that you do as a CNA. The only people that matter are administrators, RN, and some LPNS.
Genesis 14 years ago was the place everyone wanted to be apart of. No turn over in any department. The last 5 years, morale, self worth has gone dow
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCDecember 8, 2018
Our team has discussed on nurmerous occasions how bad management is. In the last 5 years we have had 3 administrators and 3 Director if Nursing. Our turn over is very high and Genesis as a result had to bring in agency staffing to compensate. Unfortunately the ones who suffer are the residents.
Pros
The building has potential to be exceptional
Cons
The right management team needs to be trained to run the building
okay place to start out
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJDecember 8, 2018
it's okay! It's a typical work day!! Learned about stuff. management supportive i guess. Work culture good. The people you meet and the one's you work with are the best part of the job.
Pros
people
Cons
salary
Poor Management
Health Information Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 5, 2018
Management does not do anything when problems are reported to them, they actually go and make things worse or sweep it under the rug..................
Poor upper management
Activities Assistant and Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHDecember 5, 2018
Not a fun work environment, upper management has no idea what they are doing half the time, very few people follow state regulations. People are regularly required to do jobs they are not qualified for.
Please Don’t Work Here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 5, 2018
Me and my friend where hired here and they paid for us to go to school. They use every chance they get to throw it in your face when you make one little mistake. They do not care about you and will not work with your schedule. They work you like a dog and you have to work four holidays. I just don’t think this is a good company to work for so try to avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
One break, underpaid, no free meals, understaffed
Flexibility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandDecember 1, 2018
Genesis healthcare provides great opportunity and training for new comers to the medical field. Working with this company was an overall good experience.
Adored ltc residents
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Camden, MENovember 28, 2018
Multiple management changes, staffing issues ,scheduling, resulting in increased stress for all employees as well as for residents.
I learned my compassion and empathy are valued and appreciated
The most enjoyable part of my job was my relationships with the residents, the care I was privileged to give and the positive responses I received from those in my care and their families
Pros
Pre set consistent schedule on single unit
Cons
Distance traveled, motel expenses
Good employer
Nurse Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 27, 2018
The corporate office works hard to ensure that we were up to date with using the correct documentation. I enjoyed the RN's, they were great people to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Genesis HealthCare.

Powered by Comparably