Genesis HealthCare

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Would not recommend

My time here was not the best. It was a very toxic environment and the turnover was very high. The only pro was my co-workers and that’s basically it.

March 14, 2021
Thank you for contacting us. To report issues of concern, please contact our Genesis Reach Out Line at 1-800-893-2094. This confidential line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Concerns are investigated and addressed by our compliance department.

Run for the Hils

I wouldn’t recommend Genesis to anyone. I worked here for a year and management sucks, and that’s corporate, down to the administrators of the buildings. I know multiple people who have worked in multiple locations who have had very similar experiences as I have.

Pros

You can wear jeans on Friday 🤷🏾‍♀️

January 18, 2021
We thank you for your feedback. To report issues of concern, please contact our Genesis Reach Out Line at 1-800-893-2094. This confidential line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Concerns are investigated and addressed by our compliance department.

productive

Very good experience at Genesis, good employee-employer relationship, easy to work with, fair treatment among employees, excellent pay, few pay raises. I would recommend Genesis.

Genesis is a okay job for teenagers.

I think Genesis Health Care is a great place for people to work if they're just starting out in they're health care. It's actually a great for learning.

Pros

It's a job that's always hiring.

Cons

The housekeeping can do much better.

October 17, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We value your review.

Need more GNA and Nurses to take care of the patients.They deserve better.

Need more G.N.A and Nurses to take care of the patients.They deserve better. I loved the different patients that came in and out. Everyone has a story. I would go back because of them but management need work.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Good place for New Nurses to grow.

Good facility to grow as a New Nurse. Provides training for New Nurses. Great Rehab team. Weekends are option. More overtime available per choice. Safe environment to work.

September 11, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Genesis employees are the vital link between our patients and residents. We appreciate your kind review.

Stressful, no raises.

Almost in foreclosure in November 2017 so they continued to close their facilities in the hope of reorganizing to stay solvent. No raises ever for anyone. Stressful not knowing what is going on. Genesis never is forthcoming explaining what is going on until it happens. Leadership skirts around the truth. Treat people how they like them per some of the leaders telling staff.

Pros

Can work occasionally remote.

Cons

Some of the coworkers and staff were friendly and nice to work with.

August 28, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. On a regular basis, we evaluate our compensation and benefits in comparison to industry competitors in order to remain competitive.

Management in Staffing is Terrible!

Worked there for a while( a few years) and never felt respected by Staffing Director. I would certainly not recommend anyone looking for a professional or supportive working environment to apply. Favoritism is highly used by the manager as a way to devalue other employees. Racist comments were heard from the director as well. Over 13 employees have left within the past year.

Pros

Free lunches every so often(holidays).

Cons

Poor management. Favoritism widely used. Stressful work environment.

May 15, 2019
Thank you for sharing your concern. At Genesis, we pride ourselves on providing compassionate care to our patients and residents in a positive work environment. To report a concern, please contact our Compliance Department at Reachout@genesishcc.com so we can further investigate.

May 15, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your input is critical for Genesis to improve our operations. To report a concern, please contact our Compliance Department at Reachout@genesishcc.com so we can further investigate.

Excellent company

I really enjoyed working for Genesis, I received much employee education reimbursement funding . Lots of support and encouragement to complete degrees in nursing. Started as associates degree RN - Completed MSN - masters degree in nursing prior to leaving.

Pros

Opportunity to grow

Typical work day

My typical day at work is to provide good customer service at work. Complete admission at work. I also enter orders in the computer that is approved by the doctors or Rehab specialist. I also provide teachings to the aides about how to enter the adl care. How to change folely. How to feed their residents. I also gave teaching on the Nurses on how to administer flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccine.

Pros

Each completed Admission you get a lunch at the end of the week.

Cons

No vaccation during holidays

excellent company! I have enjoyed working for Genesis Healthcare. Looking forward to pursuing new opportunities

Excellent company to work for- I had many opportunities within the company and was promoted several times during my stay! I've enjoyed working for Genesis.

Pros

Flexible autonomous role

Cons

Lots of responsibility to maintain balance

Productive and family environment

We had a really great group of people at Genesis and I enjoyed working with various centers nationwide. Worked with union facilities and non-union facilities and the designated HR representative each location. Learned a lot about doing dependent audits too.

Pros

Busy and friendly environment, medical coverage was good

Cons

pay

Unpredictable, too many changes, company has no clear direction--went too big too fast!

At one time it was a great company to work for--no longer--very poor leadership with no idea how to run a large conglomerate of companies--it used to be a family with great goals when it was smaller now that it larger it has lost its way--it is broken in so many ways and the revolving door of employees proves it.

Pros

Facilities in many states which assists with relocation.

Cons

Nepotism

Excellent opportunity worthy of exploration

Great nation wide work experience with locations in 34 states and 4 divisions. There is always something new to learn, adjust to with an opportunity to modify processes within department.

Fast pace and unpredicatable

The hardest part of my job is the unpredictable and the unknown of each day. Each day is unique and distinctive in several different ways. But what I enjoyed most was resolving major issues for our computer users and calming down users that would get excited about their computer crashing and being able to retrieve their data when they don’t have a backup of their data. Management team is very supportive and they support my decisions.

Pros

My co-works

Cons

No pay raises

Struggling with Change

The company was a wonderful place to work. Due to changes in industry and downsizing, the culture has changed, and not for the better. I hope that things turn around.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Very busy but pleasant

The office at Genesis is very high paced, multiple systems and deadlines to meet regarding benefits and patient referrals. However, I enjoy the fast paced, team effort and pleasant work environment.

Great people, terrible work environment in recent years

Management does not care about their people. Raises are non-existent. Career development and salary were stifled. I was sort of stuck there and was finally eliminated due to downsizing. Probably my fault for staying there as I was very comfortable with the people and work. I would not work for them again.

Pros

Great long time employees, very talented and loyal.

Cons

Management stinks, no raises, no bonuses, holding on for dear life.

Productive and Relaxed work place

I worked in the Accounts Payable Department for Genesis Healthcare for 3 years. My department handled a high volume of phone calls and processing of vendor invoices. The staff was wonderful and worked well as a team. Management was very friendly and willing to help out when needed.

Nice environment and friendly staff but needs improvements.

Genesis health care is a nice place to work, but needs better guidance and management. Most times there is not enough or none at all supplies to complete our job. We have a big problem with call outs and also the way the kitchen is left at the end of the night. Needs to be cleaned properly.

Pros

Available hours

Cons

Payroll may not be accurate

worked Switch board and took referrals for nursing/rehab centers

I worked taking referrals for patients to go to different nursing homes and rehab centers, We also worked two electronic systems to help case workers place patients.

Pros

wonderful co workers and always felt I was helping out others

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Genesis HealthCare with

Learn about Genesis HealthCare in Towson, MD

• Genesis HealthCare
  • Towson, MD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?