Genesis Logistics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible management
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 9, 2018
very little communication and if so terrible communication. no one is ever on the same page and each person has different expectations. no job security, always threatening to end assignment
Cons
no follow through
Good equipment, fairly well maintained
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 19, 2018
Hours where good I do not mind putting in a 12 hour day. management plays favorites with some of it's employee's. Some out of frustation have just walked off the job or not show up for work.
Pros
Good equipment, most of the drivers are good people
Cons
Just have to be careful who you talk to
over all fine
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 8, 2018
The hardest part of the job was leaving the people I worked with.
I was taught a lot about the FDA and VADOT rules and regulations.
The audits from 7-11 were stress full.
Pros
the people
Stressfull
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 25, 2018
Nothing really to say but no family time or life. No weekends off. You have to be there for years before you can have any weekends of without asking. No life
Worst Group of people I've Worked with
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2018
I don't understand how these people even got hired let alone became supervisors. One of the supervisors swore write-up was spelled right-up. Favoritism is so disgustingly used here, and it causes them to lose a lot of good workers.
Pros
Weekly decent pay.
Cons
To long to list.
Coworkers were great people to work with
Delivery driver/ admin (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 12, 2018
Staffing was always an issue, not enough work force for the areas we were covering. Pay raises were never given as Genesis is controled by its customer.
Fast Paced
Picker (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAApril 12, 2018
Fast paced job, good schedules, takes breaks and lunches at correct times.Nice incentives. A job you can’t really complain about. Offer benefits once you are part of union
Head ache
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 9, 2018
This jobs is a fast pace job...the faster you work the sooner you get off...they will give a new driver 22 seven eleven stores to complete by 5am....they pay 150 to 160 a day if you do the math in order to make money you would have to be off by 2am if not it's around 15hr....if your route is in a bad city the longer your night will be because of the homeless and club going ppl in your way..fights... robbery etc...to top it off your whole route don't fit on your truck so you have to go back to the warehouse to reload for the rest of the route...some stores order alot so starting out you may spend 30mins at just 1 store...and if the clerk have customers you have to wait on them to check them all out before they get to you...and if your truck break down you have to unload everything off your truck and put it on another truck...not a good job
Pros
Pay every week
Cons
Excellent part-time job and fun easy going atmosphere
Garage Attendant (Current Employee) –  MoundhouseMarch 15, 2018
Good place to work with good people who are friendly and fun to work with. You are able to work on your own without bosses hovering over you. Only see my boss once or twice a year.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Only part-time very little benefits
N/a
Warehouse Senior Lead (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 6, 2018
Genesis Logistics is a great company to work for the associates work together as a team and find ways to resolve issues within the warehouse on the chill and dry side.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun place
wherehouse worker and Dispatch assistant (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Awesome place to work but they don’t have day shift for my position otherwise it’s a lovely place to work and I really love working in this great company
Good pay
Selector/Picker (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 13, 2018
The management is good. The pay is ok. I learned alot of things working there. I learned how to riya electric pallet jack and operate a fort lift. I don’t like that im still a temp after five years
If you dont mind working 15 hours a shift
Class B Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 6, 2018
This is a contract/paid by the route job. When a company doesn't pay hourly...be very fearful....it only leads to them stacking your route with so much work that you end up working more than 12 hours a day....with no overtime. ...it really equates to about 16 to 17 dollars an hour.....don't be fooled by the 50,000 bucks a year.....
No organization
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 2, 2018
I worked here in 2013. I was told I would be delivering sandwiches and donuts to 7-Eleven stores. They added wine and dairy products which were a lot heavier than just carrying in donuts and sandwiches. The training was easy but the route they stuck me on had four times as much work on that route then the route I trained on. Typical non-union job push push push the worker. I made decent money the few weeks I work there but there was nothing positive other than the money.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Fun
Code dater (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 2, 2018
It is a good place to work. The pay is not that great but it is a good job to do as a first timer. It is slow pace but sometimes they require you to do a lot.
Pros
Chill
Cons
short brakes
Worst job
Dry picker (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Has the worst managers and people staffing agency claims be your rep. Isnt very good one.They let me go for the term they use "BULLYING" when i keep to my self
If you like it !!!!
Class A Driver / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 30, 2018
thy changed contact to Flat Rate Guarantee Pay - work you too many hours - than if look at it your getting less pay because your not getting paid overtime !!!!!!
poor communication management all around
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 29, 2018
this place breaks your back they use you mess up your pay check they never have answer for you and its always a ask this person and when you ask either they dont know or they pass it to the next person.there your friends when they need you to get the job done if not they dont care you can work pass your D.O.T hours and they dont care as long as you help then get stuff done.
Pros
Cons
everthing on how they run the business
Better driving jobs out there
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 19, 2018
I worked at genesis for a short period.But while i was there 4 months i seen 2 supervisor/managers leave for other jobs.
Labor intensive job.After loading your own truck you start route which is a timed route.you have to have all deliveries done by 5 am.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
No structure, stressful,competitive,and time consumeing
Driver (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Drivers work load, Inventory control,and salary adjustment. Restructure logistic Opporations and or manditory work hrs. my experience with them was a short one.
Pros
there was always work
Cons
pressure, unloading refer trucks with pull out ladder was unsafe