Genesis Rehab Services Employee Reviews

Great Rehab Department
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19713November 15, 2018
I worked for Genesis Rehab Services for many years. Genesis lost the contract at my facility. I was transitioned to the new company at the same facility. I enjoyed my time at Genesis. The rehab department was great. My co-workers were wonderful people to work with.
Pros
Great Rehab department.
Cons
Productivety and caseload fluctuations.
Great Company for PRN
Physical Therapist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VANovember 10, 2018
This is a very flexible company with many opportunities including PRN. Allowed my family flexible work hours and locations within the region working the job I love.
They are fine overall.
Per Diem Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2018
I will continue to work for them as long as they have sites nearby me in Texas. I mostly deal with the site managers and they've always been awesome.
Progressive
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 3, 2018
Preparing for the future and healthcare mgmt to remain relevant and viable and competive. Fast-paced environment with high rate of productivity expected.
Pros
Education opportunities, good clinical resources
Cons
Productivity expectations
OK place
Lead Therapist (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDNovember 1, 2018
I had a great manager, both district and local. The pay was ok, I was given a relocation bonus. Unfortunately it is business driven and some contracts are fragile.
Very unorganized
Rehab Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  State College, PAOctober 24, 2018
Upon hire office was 3 months behind on their records imagining. I had to submit 4 write offs for services rendered but did not have families approval.
Greed
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDOctober 20, 2018
Genesis, as a whole is focused specifically on their mins, posing unethical risks all to treat a patient.
Linen has always been a struggle, esp when planning to assist a client during ADLs.
Support from immediate Co-workers keep the department grounded
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 15, 2018
Genesis Rehabilitation Services used to emphasize the importance of a patient needs/driven approach to rehabilitation. Genesis Rehabilitation Services has now turned to a cut throat business/financially driven approach based on payer sources, productivity standards, and financial advancement needs of upper management.
Pros
Co-workers, flexibility
Cons
No 401k match, no salary increase, no advancement opportunities
I was just a number to them
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAOctober 14, 2018
While working for Genesis Rehab I changed locations whenever and wherever they needed me. I also went to other clinics as needed if they did not have coverage. My OT was working my hours during the week so she could either have off Fridays off with her husband or work just a few hours. I followed protocol and went to both my managers and then to their supervisors and no one would do anything to help me get the hours I was supposed to work, even though it would only have taken them 5 minutes out of their day to check my schedule that she had made, or actually watch what she was doing. I also helped them out for any extra hours I could get at the last minute or going to other facilities, but to them I was just a number.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Stress, Poor Managers
Stressful
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDOctober 7, 2018
Genesis is a large rehab company that is going through a lot of changes. Genesis is not the premier company they once were. Genesis has not given raises in 4 years or 401K matches.
Pros
large company
Cons
No raises or 401K match
Collaborative, skilled nursing facility
Full-Time OTR/L (Former Employee) –  Ossipee, NHOctober 6, 2018
Fast -paced, supportive program managers, skilled clinicians, collaborative, productivity standards can be difficult to sustain, scheduling of PTO can be difficult
Pretty nice place to work.
Rehab Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 4, 2018
This by far was one of my favorite jobs.... I wished they would have not lost their contract here in Lynchburg VA. The particular staff I worked with was great ! I realize it was a business decision and I understand every place of work is different. But I lucked out with great DOR and the therapists. We worked great as a team.
I worked with Genesis extensively in the Midwest and found it most rewarding.
PRN PTA (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 2, 2018
I was disappointed with the availability of work and the utilization of PRN staff by this company when I relocated to another state. I also found the facilities to be lacking in good management.
Great therapists, unfair company
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  NHSeptember 28, 2018
PTO was extremely difficult to get as you need to ask ~6 months in advance but they did not have to approve this. The final straw was when I asked for my summer vacations, the manager did not approve either one because he was taking a vacation at the same times as I requested. Hours are cut frequently and you need to use PTO to make a paycheck. When you leave the company , they did not pay you your earned time off like other companies do. Productivity expectation was higher than normal and again therapists were pushed to tx patients when they were acutely ill. I have been working for other companies since and the level of professionalism, compensation and respect they give their employees is refreshing. There are much better paying jobs and work environments out there. This company needs a union for its employees
Pros
Working in your field of interest, good therapists
Cons
Pto, salary
Stressful environment
Rehab Team (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 23, 2018
Coworkers are great.
Most therapy gyms well equipped.
Available free CEU hours and general discipline specific education through company website.
Computer system updated regularly.
Middle management available to team members via telephone and email.

Company pushes for unrealistic percent of productivity. Dollars and cents come before anything else.
Inadequate computer and systems training given to new employees.
Very difficult to use accrued PTO days. Managers not held to the same rules as everyone else.
Two holidays plus 5 extra PTO days. Good policy, since not all workers celebrate similar holidays.
Health insurance is ridiculously expensive per paycheck with very high deductibles. Only affordable for single worker. The cost differential for married employee or employee with children policy is unacceptable.
No company uniforms provided, nor monetary compensation for expected dress code.
Very little to no room for advancement.
No wage increases in over 5 years.
Managers eligible for monetary bonus, based upon everyone else's work, performance, budget goals. Everyday workers excluded from receiving any bonus whatsoever.
Very flexible
Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  Bennington, VTSeptember 12, 2018
The atmosphere is a great place to work. The benefits could be better however the company is very flexible with hours and time off. There are many opportunities to advance your knowledge with their own company based education System. They also have many programs for therapist to advance even if they do not want to go into management.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Benefits could be better
Not recommended
Rehab Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 8, 2018
I do not recommend this company to anyone. The company is going through a lot of layoffs. There is no job security with this company. This company also does not listen to their employees.
Things have changed over the years
Registered Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
They have cut out a lot of benefits over the years and are on a raise freeze. Productivity standards can be unrealistic and they want you to write out full paragraphs on an ipad.
Pros
Good vacation time for seasoned therapist
Cons
No raises
Great Time
Physical Therapist Assistant/Acting Mgr (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
The team was amazing and the facility believed in us. My boss kept it real and everyone worked well together. Great patients with well rounded diagnoses.
Love Genesis
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 30, 2018
Although I took quite the paycut to work for Genesis, I love my job! My problem isn't with Genesis, its with the facilities Genesis is contracted with. I am at a subacute hospital with terrible nurses and CNAs. It is very frustrating when you care more about your patients and their improved progression, than the rest of the hospital staff who could care less about getting them out of bed or even fed.
Pros
Great management and coworkers
Cons
Contracted hospitals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis Rehab Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight