Genesis Rehab Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Low employee moral and not much flexibility
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2018
The supervisor could use a class, course or seminar on management skills. It’s like walking on egg shells in the department. It’s a very quiet yet tense atmosphere.
Pros
No evenings, weekends and 6 paid holidays off
Cons
Low employee moral and not much flexibility at all
Run from this company!!!
Assistant Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  Sault Sainte Marie, MIJuly 9, 2018
They (upper mgmt) decided to end my position 3 days before major surgery. They were informed 2 months ahead of my spine surgery date. I was left in a very difficult situation with no insurance, benefits, and wasn’t reimbursed for four weeks of earned vacation time. They are heartless and did not care. Irregardless I needed the operation and went ahead with my plans. I will not recommend this company as I was a very loyal and hardworking employee but that did not matter to them.
Pros
Excellent employees at the facility
Cons
Heartless Company
higher management does not understand work level issues
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 7, 2018
Some days feels like we are veering away from patient care and more towards making money. I realize it is a business but we are dealing with human beings not dollar signs.
Great company/great building
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2018
I work full time here and love the building I'm in, my boss is easy to talk to, and staff is great and helpful as needed. It has it's ups and downs, but what company doesn't.
Pros
pay, benefits, productivity, in house advancement
Cons
strictly by the book and can be stressful at times
Good team dynamic. High stress environment
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2018
A typical day at work involves scheduled meetings with interdisciplinary teams, administrative responsibilities and providing patient care.I've learned financial data analysis. The workplace culture is high stress, but there is a good team dynamic. The hardest part of the job is balancing all of the administrative duties with direct patient care responsibilities. The most enjoyable parts of my job are dealing with a good team of therapists and interacting with positive patients and families.
Pros
Flexible daily schedule
Cons
Limited access to PTO
Good clinical resources available to therapists
Staff Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Milford, NHJune 22, 2018
Good clinical resources for therapists, networking with coworkers encouraged to sharpen clinical skills. Financial compensation lacking...no raises given for the last 5-7 years.
Work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seven Fields, PAJune 14, 2018
The best part of my job is my coworkers. They make the hard work days go by fast. I credit this to office management and years of working together to make a difference.
Love working here.
Regional Rehab Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJune 12, 2018
Loved working here. I worked in a facility as well as a work from home position. Work from home positions were eliminated without notice though. Considering that most progressive companies are adding them, I was a little disappointed in this backward step.
welcoming environment
Initialy lead therapist responsible for PPS (Former Employee) –  Volusia County, FLJune 8, 2018
staff therapist and also program manager in OP and ALF setting following the plan of care for patients in a nurturing environment. Speaking to my supervising therapist and reviewing progress on goals, d/c planning.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Caring rehab team
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLJune 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the collaborative efforts of the teams i work with at Genesis. The culture is mixed and the creativity just flows.
Pros
The people are great to work with
Cons
Some of the buildings and equipment are dated.
Good Support
Director of Rehab, Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 3, 2018
Company has good benefits, offers a great deal of online education opportunities and resources for every area of practice. Provides timely information and updates on CMS regulations and changes.
Genesis was overall a decent employer.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEMay 29, 2018
I really appreciated the way that the various departments worked together to make the facility a healthy place to work. There was a lot of respect between disciplines that I had not experienced elsewhere
Pros
Flexible
Cons
electronic documentation was too extensive
Okay company
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 23, 2018
This is a competitive company, but the employee experience is driven by each Regional Manager. There is pressure to have high productivity, regardless of paper work to be done. Expectation from the company was for us to work during most holidays at regular pay. Working in nursing homes is difficult in general. What makes a difference is your immediate co-workers, who can be like a second family. This is an okay company, typical of most companies out there who specialize in nursing homes.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Mediocre benefits. Expectation is to maintain high productivity regardless
Great Rehab Company
Speech Language Pathologist, Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 19, 2018
Genesis Rehab Services stives to provide comprehensive therapy services to the geriatric population by giving staff clinical support of all types such as webinars, clinical team, online coursework through Relias Learning.
Pros
clinical support
Cons
"frozen" salaries and/or no pay raises for 2-3 years
Low rates for therapists
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2018
I was offered a job but rejected it because with 20 years of experience and with a degree from a top 5 PT program they offered me new graduate rate. //
Cons
Unrealistic compensation
I enjoyed the collaboration with co-workers
Full-Time Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHMay 12, 2018
Typically I had an average of 6 patients a day. My co-workers were all great support and worked great as team players. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the nursing staff in the skilled nursing facility. but the Genesis staff members were great to work with.
Pros
Great Staff to work with
Cons
Benefits to expensive with high deductibles, no 401k match
A Place to grow and advance
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  FL, GA, SCMay 11, 2018
Genesis was a good company to me. It allowed me to grow rapidly and saw what I could offer a company. They like to promote from within. There is generally a good work life balance.
Fast pace environment
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAMay 7, 2018
Good place to work, great co-workers, decent benefits. Flexible work schedule. Ability to complete CEUs for free through Genesis University. Great teamwork between Physical Therapist and Occupational therapists
per diem
licensed physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 7, 2018
Proficient management with team focus. High turnover. Variability in scheduling from all levels however patient care and family feel in all facilities.
Cohesive team in department.
Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 4, 2018
Not a great company to work for. PTO policy is ridiculous..submit 6 mos in advance and get it approved two weeks before requested date. No wage increase in pay for almost 5 years and nothing in sight . Demands for productivity and concurrent treatment, evaluations when it isn’t warranted.

I won’t be staying much longer, Genesis isn’t a company that appreciates and respects their employees.
Pros
Good department Mgr and rehab team
Cons
Horrible PTO policy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis Rehab Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight