Genesis10 Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced & challenging
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 18, 2018
Quality company with great values! At times it can be demanding, but there is a good balance between life and personal time. Plan to stay with company as long as I can.
Pros
Flexibility
Summary
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 3, 2018
This company really cares about all of their employees and treats them with respect which in some cases is more important than a high Salary. The pay is great and they value innovation and ideas from all. This is truly a wonderful work environment, collaborative and successful.
Pros
Great Team Building, Consistent Recognition and wonderful Support
Great Place to Make a Career
Recruiting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
I've found Genesis10 to be a great place to make a career. In the staffing industry, that can be rare where the norm is companies push out recruiters the minute something goes wrong. Genesis10 has been so patient as I've gone through different life scenarios and, in return, I feel like they've gotten the best out of me. Average to top performers in recruiting are paid well. Collaboration across offices is improving. It's a competitive environment, but in a healthy way (not cut-throat.) In my opinion, it's one of the better staffing companies to work for.
Pros
Work-life balance, nice people to work with, flexibility, recruiting/sales put on equal footing
Cons
The staffing industry, in general, can be a tough industry
Genesis 10
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 9, 2018
Genesis 10 is a Project manager pool very similar to a secretary pool. Specialization or career advancement is not to be expected. There is a conflict between the delivery framework of the client and that of Genesis 10. G-10 has not hardened its processes and standards to meaningfully engage the client and move them towards optimizing the work product.
Alright place to work; Wouldn't Work there again
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIJuly 8, 2017
The HR department needs to be more straightforward with their employees. They seem to be unwilling to make accommodations for employees with disabilities. However, working for their client was enjoyable. Everyone there was friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was when the call center would get very busy and it was hard to take back to back calls without a short break.
Pros
free lunch, friendly coworkers at client
Cons
monitored breaks, HR department bad at communicating and unwilling to make accommodations for people with disabilities
Day to Day
Human Capital and Talent Management (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2017
Responsible for client relationship management across lines of business on the Bank of America and Premier, Inc. contracts. Provides human capital subject matter expertise for the proactive sourcing and oversight of contract service level agreements. Regularly interacts with key stakeholders and executive management regarding sourcing opportunities, satisfaction issues, and project fulfillment. Provides oversight of contract staffing, scope, project timelines, and contractual requirements. Responds promptly to client inquires as a single point of contact for the resolution and escalation of key issues/concerns. Collaborates with senior members of the account leadership team to develop ideas the expansion of service opportunities. Conducts regular round tables discussions surrounding projects, on-going issues, emerging risks and client concerns.
Staffing Agency that gave me an address and said go
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2016
Genesis 10 is a Staffing Agency located in New York. I found it very difficult to deal with them because they would change their offer each time I spoke to them, I actually turned down the position because of this and three months later they had someone else from the company email me and see if I was still interested in the position. I told them I would take it for a certain salary and no changes.
I went to work for Windstream Communication as an Analyst in the Engineering Department. I enjoyed every part of this job. I had to apply for permits for Right of Way Access in several different states. I worked with many different state and government agencies. In this position I worked as part of a team, where we would automatically jump in and help one another get caught up. We had to remain within company regulations of how quick we sent out the permit applications once they were submitted to us. Multitasking was most important, because there was always more than 10 to 15 projects to work on at the same time. Time management was important to meet deadlines. Most important follow-up was required to complete each project. I had very high stats for projects completed, because I was organized and kept my work area neat and organized at all times. The most enjoyable part of this job was working as a team. There was nobody that was trying to out do the next person. We were really a team working to accomplish a goal. The most difficult part of the job was getting the state and government agencies to return the permits in a timely manner. It required developing good relationships with
  more... the State and Government Agencies Representatives to ensure the permits moved along in their system. I highly respected the management, they all practiced what they preached by their actions.  less
Pros
We could set our own hours as long as we put in 9 hours a day
Cons
I was a contractor, so I knew I was a temporary employee
An Atmosphere Where Employees Are Treated Like Adults
Network Implementation Engineering Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Longwood, FLOctober 26, 2015
Treated like adults and not micro-managed. Every now and then a little fun is thrown in. Overall a good place to work with friendly co-workers.
educational
Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 14, 2015
this company taught me a lot about the porting of cell phone numbers worked well with every one. great hours to work enjoyed not working any overtime that was offered
Pros
leaned new things
Cons
temp
Good Company
Sr. Systems Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSMarch 11, 2015
I have worked for Genesis 10 for 4 years and have always been treated with respect and honesty. Benefits could be better, but in this economy I really can't complain.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
No Vacation or Holiday Pay
You take the bad with the good
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis St. PaulFebruary 21, 2015
Worked on a project that was supposed to last 6 months, but lasted only 4. Definitely a down side, they do not press their clients to honor contracts (but I guess that is industry standard).

Management supported me during a wishy washy transition period, where client kept pushing back the start date. Gen10 stepped up and bumped my rate slightly for the inconvenience, which I thought was fair.

One big downside was mailing checks to 1099 C2C contractors. If you were to do a survey in this market, most agencies delivered payments via Direct Deposit. Hopefully, Gen10 will change.

One last disappointment was that once it was determined that my last day was moved up two months, Gen10 didn't do anything noticeable to get me placed. Their advice was to make sure I use other agencies as well. I believe I performed admirably in my assignment, and this was the best advice they could offer.

I hope they will read this critique as constructive criticism. I thought they behaved in a professional manner through out, just wishing for more.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Didn't work hard to get placed after contract was shortened
Productive, stress free work environment.
Application support (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 3, 2014
Productive and non stressful workplace. Managers communicates and interacts well with employees and they do not micromanage.
Pros
great healthcare benefits
Fun co-workers
Admin (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
Nice small company environment. Great co-workers, people stay at their jobs for a number of years. Lots of flexibility as far as working remotely.
A very comfortable office environment, laid back culture.
Good place to work...
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 18, 2014
Peer groups were fun and energetic. Management team is flaky on every level. Beware, they have a marketing team out there writing all these great reviews.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
No stability in management, no real career path and structure, Decisions are made on Monday and reversed on Thursday type culture.
Productive and Growing workplace
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2014
The company itself is very well put together. The work load for my position was not as bad as some would make it seem. On an off week where it is just basic invoicing for time and services rendered, the workload was tolerable but sometimes could be frustrating, but on pay weeks, the days seem to flow with hardly any problems. I learned how to invoice, bill and post cash in BLA accounting system which to me is a very old accounting system but it worked very well most of the time. Management can use some work as to how they relate and communicate with other offices and workers. The hardest part of this job was either getting to work because of the busy commute or actually getting along with all the workers because some people are just always miserable no matter what they do. I actually enjoyed doing the invoicing and payroll because i like to do data entry so this was a perfect fit for me.
Pros
Holiday parties, early let outs around holidays, free pizza on second Teusday of month
Cons
Annoying and lazy workers, communication between different offices was not always clear and on time, yearly review took too long to happen and raises were not always that great.
Very Professional Culture
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 19, 2014
Expert Account Managers and Management. Highest level of ethics and accountability across the organization
Pros
Very Professional
Good Company to work for
Active Directory Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 5, 2014
Good company to work for.
Would work for them again.
It is centrally located in Troy.
Onboarding process is simple and well documented.
Awesome co-workers.
Very Productive
Desk Side Support (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 15, 2014
This was a very good company to work for. This was a contract job on the weekends to do a PNC Bank refresh. This was a very good learning experience for me. We changed out all of the PC's, Printers, Cisco switches in different banks throughout Monroe County Michigan and Toledo, Ohio. I was second in command due to my experience with being a computer technician.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Not a bad place to work....
Desktop Systems Eng (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 8, 2014
Nothing really bad to say about this place....

Managers could have been a bit better....

But I would go back....
Pros
You wre left alone.. No micro management
Cons
Surprise contract endings
Growing IT Consulting firm
Manager, Payroll, Benefits & HRIS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2014
Great place to learn and wear a lot of hats. Excellent opportunity to get more involved with Accounting and Finance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis10. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight