Genesys Works Employee Reviews

4.7
Ratings breakdown
Productive & Progressive
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
Business Accounting internship is a diverse, work friendly environment that includes Excel training & outside office activities. Never one day we are not productive, offers help on interview that prepares you for the future career. Helps build future career goals and has be providing progress through the teachings.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
Short break
Productive and Fun
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
Helped develop and improve professional skills.
The environment is great.
Learned to better build my network.
The most enjoyable thing is always learning something new and meeting new people.
Pros
many opportunities
Cons
If a student, not much free time
Good place for students looking to get into IT
Intern Trainee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2018
Training with Genesys Works has been very beneficial and important to my growth professionally and working with tech. Students would apply to get into the training program, then placed at a fortune 500 company as an intern. Genesys Works does a lot of professional skill development and basic IT development and hasn't let me down.
Expands your knowledge and skills
Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 4, 2018
It's a professional program that helps High School Senior experience the IT world and the professional side of working in a company. It can be stressful because of all the information they give you, but it's super fun. All employers never gives up on the students and they also help with college.
Pros
Fun, helpful, and paid internship
Workplace Culture
alumni recruitment assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Very professional and respectful working environment. I am an alumnus of Genesys Works and later became part of the staff. Everyone who is part of this organization is ambitious and welcoming.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
n/a
Experiential and beneficial environment
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 9, 2018
I've learned so much from this job. The management system was well organized. The workplace was indiscriminate and I felt welcome. Overall, it was a great place to be in.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Cons
Late night meetings
Great People working toward a great cause
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
The job culture is extremely open. Everyone wants you to succeed in everything you do, and are willing to help in any way they can. They work closely with the young professionals in the program and continuously encourage them to reach their full potential (as professionals and as people). Great atmosphere overall, very welcoming.
A glimpse of the real world
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2017
After coming from school and into the office, we would be assigned with work by the supervisor. These assigned work are usually simple since we are intern, but there was time where we were assigned to reconfigure computers and upgrade them which takes up time and patience as they take long to finish. I was assigned to a partner from the same school and we became very competitive. Every assigned work we were given, we finished it at a lightening pace without any errors or at most times.
Pros
Very friendly and open
Cons
Must attend meetings every week
Where professionalism begins
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2017
Ever had a dream of seeing yourself in a business office setting? Working under Genesys Works you find out more ways in how you can be a professional man or women. You learn how to present yourself in a formal manner, yet maintain your personality. My experience was exciting. I was exposed to the world of professionalism and technology. I learned things such as coding and website development. Moreover, the best thing is that it's truly free. The only cost is you making an effort to take advantage of a this opportunity.
Pros
Free classes on technology, after the summer training you can find employment in great paying companies
Very Productive and Informative
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2017
Gained new stills and certificates during the time I stent with GW. Was able to meet new people and gain job opportunities as well as networking with different people.
Professional and enthusiastic group of people I can say.
Young Professional (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
As a whole I think Genesys Works is a very beautiful and also a high growth place and I say this because they really teach a lot both professionally and technically. I remember the first day over there I knew nothing about public speaking, computers except turn it on and off which is obvious to everyone, and also giving a strong presentation even when it requires impromptu speaking. So overall I like the environment, the people, and their services.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 12, 2017
Genesys Works helps high school students to get an internship with big companies and helps them what is like to experience real world work experiences. Genesys Works helps prepare students not only their internship but with colleges too. They would train students over the summer and majority gets placed to a company that chooses the students.
Really great internship
ITS Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2017
There are two programs you can choose from: IT or accounting. I personally went down the IT route and do not regret it. I worked with Chicago Public Schools and had good managers.
Professional program for High School Senoirs who are looking to goto college
High School Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
Being in this program taught me a lot about life decisions and how to really make those critical choices when going to colleges.
Fantastic Young Adult Experience
Contractor/Young Professional (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 4, 2016
Genesys Works was a phenomenal opportunity for a high school junior, getting to work at a company such as Patterson Companies while finishing for my high school degree. It was a great opportunity to see what the corporate environment would be like and see what responsibilities I would be in charge of. The weeks of computer training were a skill I used with me as I went off to college and beyond.
Productive place
Young Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2016
Learned a lot from this job. Learned everything from professionalism, communication skills, and networking to learning study skills, how to make friends, and life skills.
Pros
Secure workplace
Cons
unpaid training
Big Stepping Stone
Intern Trainee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2015
Genesys Works is a non-profit organization that allows senior high schooners into the corporate world. Developing and enhancing their skills that they succeed in the internships after the 8 week training.
Busy workplace with minimum downtime. Friendly atmosphere.
Information Technology Intern- Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2015
Working at Rush was a nice experience. When I arrived at work I had to first clock in, then I had to log into my phone so I could receive calls from customers. I listened to the technical problems and I attempted to fix them, over the phone. If I could not verbally fix the problem, I would have to enter a ticket with the information that I was given and send the ticket to an analyst.

Working at Rush, I learned self-control and patience. I have had angry customers calling because their devices were not working and I could not give them the help they needed right away. I learned how to calm angry customers down while still keeping my composure.

My co-workers were very friendly, and more experienced than me. When I had a problem or a question, I would not hesitate to ask my co-workers questions.

The hardest part about my job was receiving a call and I couldn't directly answer the question. But to eliminate stress on me and the customer, I would ask the customer to hold and I would GOOGLE the problem. I solved half of all the technical problems my customers had by using GOOGLE.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually helping the customer with the problem and hearing the joy in their voice. That was the best part to me because I got to help, and the problem was solved. They were happy, and so was I.
great
Alumni Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2014
wonderful organization to work with, and continue with. there is a lot of room for advancement here
Fun and productive!
Medtronic, Intern (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MinnesotaMay 21, 2014
LOVED working at Medtronic World Headquarters using the skills I attained training with Genesys Works. Would do it all again! Gained immense knowledge as well as respect for the professional setting I was working in.
Pros
Professional Setting offered a taste of the real world at the tender age of 17!
Cons
Having to leave after my contract was fulfilled! Had to focus on college.