Genesys Employee Reviews

Micromanaged and no work/life balance
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2018
There is no work/life balance and employees are expected to be available to management 24/7. Immense struggle between CA and Indianapolis teams. CA team constantly creates conflict and unnecessary drama to attempt to belittle the new service center when most issues stem from CA operations.
Cons
No work/life balance
Good Company
Manager-Bulk Division (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 6, 2018
I enjoyed the management and the culture. A great Company would recommend it highly to anyone in the Kansas City area. Thye have great growth allowing for growth of Staff
Cons
It's a nice place to work.
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJuly 22, 2018
Employees are allowed to work on their own. Managers are available for questions. It's a nice work atmosphere and employees are trusted by their managers to get the work done.
Pros
My manager supported me and trained me on some tasks.
Cons
The salary was a bit low.
Genesys follows the next shiny new ball
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 10, 2018
Burlington Engineering was part of the old SoundBite company that was bought by Genesys 5 years ago. we held onto a lot of the same culture and day to day as it was before.

Genesys buys new companies and whatever the buzzword of that company sells (for SoundBite it was outbound calling).. that's the next big thing and they follow it with their budget... right now its AI..

Most of the interaction with other groups within Genesys are hard to talk to and political. it's very hard to ingratiate yourself into the Russian upper levels in Engineering, as a woman its doubly so.

The Burlington crew were like family. but honestly.. I'd much rather be gone then left behind. Genesys has laid off over half the staff in the Burlington office in the past year. it's become desolate and not a happy place to go anymore. I hear the Chennai office expanding to another floor.
committee
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2018
Everything is red tape. decisions are made by committee. no one communicates. We "merged" with Interactive, but if you notice all the old crew is gone. Vacation is Open Time Off, which is great if your manager is ok with it.

People are leaving in droves and no one new is being hired. There's lofty goals being set by executives, but no one is left to actually see them through.
Pros
401k match, HSA seed, Advocacy Services
Cons
No maternity leave (unless legally required in your area), red tape
Genesys
Conference Call Bridge Lead (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 11, 2018
Genesys Conferencing was a great place to work and the work environment was awesome. The work itself was easy, and the pay and benefits were great. Best job ever.
Fun Workplace
Contact Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Turkey, TXMay 21, 2018
Fun Workplace, good frienships, good salary, everybody help another people for job, private desk, delicious lunch, kind and .instructive managers, performance evaluation per six mounth and high raise on salary.
Genesys... they stopped caring
Associate Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 26, 2018
When I first started working for Genesys, I loved the company. It was by far the best company I had worked for and was excited to see where it would take my career. With so many changes that took place over the span of my 3 years with the company, that certainly changed. They stopped caring about their employees and only focused on the next company they could purchase. Issues within the departments including with management went on for far too long. My HR partner was the worst at being responsive to issues and the communication was non-existent. It was extremely disappointing to watch the companies values become non-existent. It is sad to say but, I am happy my position was moved to another location which ended my career at Genesys.
Legacy ININ to Genesys changes
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2018
Began working for Genesys when they were still Interactive Intelligence. Many changes came after the merger, ultimately many new sales techniques and stipulations were put into place alongside a much more "walk around and carry a big stick" management style by many.

Overall worklife balance was great, compensation was fair.
Pros
onsite cafe and workout facilities, unlimited PTO (if you consider this a pro)
Cons
management, benefits options worse off now that with ININ, micro managing culture
Corporate
Senior Enterprise Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAApril 16, 2018
Not Available at this time. It is a great company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and great compensation. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to advance in their career.
Do not recommend
Senior RFP Specialist, French and English (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
I find it very difficult to state what a typical day at work would entail, because so much has happened in the 3 1/2 years I spent with the company - originally I started with Interactive Intelligence and then it merged into/was acquired by Genesys.
I learned not to believe what I was told by management overall because in the end several hundreds of people were let go, or left on their own out of sheer desperation.
There is seemingly no culture... or better yet, the culture is one of fear and retaliation in most departments, whilst upper management claims that Genesys is iconic and grand.
The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the constant, ever exhausting change in direction coming from upper management, the outrageous demands, and the micromanagement typical of line supervisors.
As far as the most enjoyable part of this job is concerned, I can say that I love writing proposals and be part of a successful client engagement team.
Pros
Work as a proposal writer
Cons
Instability, uncertainty, lack of positive culture, micromanagement
How is this company still standing?
Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2018
You know something is really wrong and fishy when a company as unprofessional as Genesys is staying afloat. I hope I never have to work at another company as unprofessional as this was. Worst management ever, horrible cutthroat environment where everyone is trying to one up everyone else, rather than really working together. Management seems to enjoy seeing everyone bump heads to see who ends up surviving. Nothing remains consistent around here, company is just pushing people out the door, yet the rest of us are still expected to keep up with the demand even though they can't seem to find people they want. It's just a toss you in the deep end and see if you can swim type of enviornment. No real motivation around here.
Pros
Cons
management
The Most Inconsistent Company, and Unprofessional Managers I've Ever Encountered.
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN.March 10, 2018
Hands down the worst experience of my life. Don't think for a moment that you're going into a company that is built on a foundation of integrity, structure, morals, professionalism, people who value education, and above anything else, empathy. Every one of these things and more are nearly completely lacking at Genesys. You're exposed to all the glitz and glamour so to distract you from all of their short comings as much as humanly possible and believe me, this company has little, to no structure. I learned nothing while I was there because they were consistently changing the format for their ICCE curriculum 3 different times. They say the exams will be a certain format, and then when test day arrives, you're subjected to something completely different, and the excuses are the same across the board, "We didn't have study guides, we just had to figure it out." Essentially they think everyone's mentality works the same way. The managers are absolutely horrible. Zero empathy, only cared about performance, and not how to really help people become successful. "Just figure it out, that's what we all had to do." Those aren't the words of a leader, only power hungry, lazy, hypocrites that will say one thing during the interviews, and act completely different once you're hired on. Be prepared to ALWAYS have things change on a daily basis with workflow, assignments, expectations, and other various tasks. NOTHING is consistent with this company whatsoever. Some of my co-workers were supportive, but unfortunately they weren't running the show. The hardest part of this job was coming to  more... the realization that everything they portrayed about themselves and the company during the interview was a complete lie. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I walked out the door.  less
Pros
Sometimes lunch was covered. They seem flexible for families, as long as you're resolving your weekly numbers.
Cons
Serious lack of communication, pretentious, self-entitled, lazy, blue-collar, unprofessional, inconsistent, unpredictable, hypocritical, the list goes on...
terrible stressfull mess
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMarch 1, 2018
Do not go or work at genesys they are not fair to their employees from the consistent yelling and under payed staff they do not treat the customers or staff right
Pros
Cons
everything
New Employee
Staff Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAFebruary 24, 2018
For a new employee, learning the Genesys products and environment requires considerable ramp up time. Genesys University courses are available. Aggressive documentation deadlines.
Pros
The entire Genesys documentation set is online. Working remotely is an option.
Great internship experience
Software Engineer, Test Intern (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2018
While completing an internship here, I felt that I learned quite a bit. Everyone that I had the privilege of working with was more than helpful and were great people. I would highly recommend working for this company.
I've learned a lot
Implementation Consultant in Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 9, 2018
This is a very good place to work. I'm really blessed to work here. The management is very cool and they always encouraged to me try out new concepts and things.
Good place to work overall, great people
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2018
Great people, not too demanding of a job. You have the freedom to work remotely. Culture is relaxed, offices for everyone, but most people keep their door open.
Sink or Swim
BILLING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 24, 2018
If you are looking for training, this is not the company. They have a "figure it out" way of operation. I went into the company hoping to launch my entry level accounting career but this is not what I got. When I voiced my concern about lack of training and understanding, I was simply told that no one was trained and everyone had to figure it out. When errors occurred, I was scalded instead of given a solution.
Pros
Cafeteria on campus and 10 minute commute from home
Cons
Terrible training, non-approachable management
turned into a big company, loose the family and personal touch
Genesys University LATAM Sr Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 21, 2017
Many changes and fusion have affected the Genesys culture since I started. Miss the old times where there was a value on the people. Now you are only a number or a record, and all the decisions based on profit and not on resource empowerment or growth