Geneva Woods, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OROctober 15, 2017
Management has know idea what people do, is constantly on smartphone,shopping, not working. Very poor communication in every area of the pharmacy. No real teamwork, very low moral.
Fast paced, results oriented
VP of Client Experience (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 26, 2017
This is definitely a fast paced, results oriented company. We value teamwork and communication. We work hard to take great care of people and everyone takes their job seriously. The work we do is important, and helping people is paramount. You can feel that at every level of our organization.
Pros
401k, paid holidays including your birthday, vacation pay
Cons
Demanding work environment
Plays favorites
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMay 20, 2017
Pharmacy went down hill once bought out by Geneva Woods. Fired 10 people in 1 day then hired 2 temps to do the work. Fired 3 more and can't keep up.
Pros
Benefits okay
Cons
Management, lazy co-workers
Absolutely disgusted...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKApril 11, 2017
I watched this place break a loved one apart emotionally. A genuinely nice, drama-free, professional. Extremely great at what she does, yet told she's not good enough, which I have heard is common among other former employees as well. It didn't take very long to learn how much the valley despises the Wasilla location. Trust what I say, ask a few people about Geneva Woods & they will give you the big red flag as well. The higher-ups in that particular office will belittle you, three women in particular although I won't name any names. They know who they are. There's a reason for such a high turnover rate. If you love to be questioned about anything and everything you do, and enjoy when your management directs insults straight at your personal life, this might be worth your time. If you're looking for a professional environment, AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Just a friendly heads up.
Cons
Work life balance a major plus
Staff (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYApril 4, 2017
I am very grateful to the management team for being open and understanding to flexible scheduling. The work life balance is one of the top things I love about this company. Management is always willing to work with our schedules. Like any company, it is not perfect, but overall I love where I work. We are a team. Plus I love that I can transfer to other locations if needed.
Pros
work life balance, benefits, schedule
Great workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYApril 4, 2017
I love working for this company. I love the group of people, technicians and pharmacists, I work with and is a great learning environment. Easy to get along with everyone. They are willing to work around any school schedule or family emergency I had going on. I would definitiely recommend this job to someone.
Lies and liars
Former member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 30, 2017
This company is unreal. Your word will mean nothing to the client which is why most are leaving them. They will fire you with out reason only to replace you with their friends that have zero credentials. There's an incredible number of managers that have no idea how to run a LTC pharmacy and will put on an act when the investors are in town. This place is a complete joke.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Everyone lies
Great schedule and diverse pharmacy with lots of new things to learn
Technician (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 28, 2017
This pharmacy has a fast paced work environment with a variety of pharmacy tasks, leading to a different work day each and every day. This is a long term care pharmacy, so, I learned a lot of new things that I was not previously exposed to working in pharmacy. Management is flexible and open to changes that would benefit pharmacy operations. Although you don't have direct contact with most patients, the desire to serve those patients still comes first and is evident in the pharmacy. The company strives to make the workplace an inviting and relaxed environment. The most difficult part about working at this job was learning all of the different positions. Long term care pharmacies have complex operations and it took a long time to master each area. My co-workers and the schedule are the best part of working at Geneva Woods. My co-workers make the day enjoyable and I love not working past 6:00 pm like most pharmacies require!
Pros
Great schedule, friendly staff, diverse job that adds variety to your day
Flexible environment with lots of opportunity to try new things
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 27, 2017
Geneva Woods Pharmacy is a great company to work for. They are family friendly, have flexible hours, and there is always something new to learn. They encourage personal growth as well as professional growth, and place emphasis on company culture and employee satisfaction. It is a face paced environment with a great group of people. I love the variety of things you can do in one day, ranging from compounding, IV mixing, order entry, or rounding patient's home to check on health and medication compliance.
Pros
Company summer picnic and Christmas party, occasional free lunches, employee of the month, light hearted, fun work environment
Horrible company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 18, 2017
This is a horrible company to work for, let alone learning in a supportive environment. If you do not fit in with the majority of employees that do nothing more than belittle, criticize and bully the ones who actually care about the patients, you will be fired or set up. These people are some of the worst individuals I've ever come across. I was embarrassed to tell anyone where I worked because of their terrible track record.I would not recommend working for this company, unless you excellent at being a terrible person.
Cons

Want to know more about Geneva Woods, Inc.?

Ask a question
Guess what we are hiring another manager!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 28, 2016
If you like working for a company that has more chiefs than Indians this is the place for you. Nevermind the people sleeping on the job and still being kept on, you just keep working while they sleep. If you are a hard working individual keep looking, unless you want to be underpaid, underappreciated, and possibly let go for having a differing opinion than somebody that is in tight with the circle jerk of chiefs.
Pros
Cons
Lots of management figures with no idea of how to run a pharmacy.
Great staff
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 10, 2015
Loved working with my co-workers and pharmacist. I learned new things daily. The Management team was on it and the hardest part of the job was on my last day when I left for NC.