GENEX Services, LLC
65Average

GENEX Services, LLC Employee Reviews

United States153 reviews
The work was easy to catch onto. Each day was never the same, summertime was rough because the workload fluctuated either really high or super low nothing inbetween and keeping busy when it goes low was challenging.
Pros
insurance benefits were decent
Cons
short breaks
Satisfied with the work provided and the people in the office we're extremely helpful. Never felt left out. Everyone in the office works together to get the job done.
I felt needed and appreciated and the company has a very good work-life balance. I felt my manager cared about both work and my personal well-being. You will work hard to meet goals, but that is with most company worth working for. Caseloads can be high at times, but usually workable.
Pros
Good work-life balance, no-micromanaging, great manager
Cons
Limited paid holidays
I have been with the company for over 15 years. There is room for professional growth and job advancement. Overall, this is a great place to work if you want to be with a company that leads in the industry.
Pros
Working remotely
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The workplace culture is relaxed if you do the work. There are perks with the job, such as being able to run an errand after or in between appointments.
Pros
1. Flexible schedule, 2. Ability to run errands in between appointments, 3. You don't miss scheduled things with your children if you are organized.
Cons
1. You may have to do computer work after hours if this is your choice, 2. Searching for necessary information to work a file.
Overall good company to work for, little micromanaging, work life balance is a plus, would like more sick and vacation time or to be able to carry over but currently not allowed to carry over
Pros
Flexible work life balance
Cons
Pay and benefits
The managers are very supportive and patient. You are made to feel supported at all times. There are numerous resources for continuing education and self development.
A typical day at work is to attend appointments all day out in the field and then come home and do your documentation. So that means you are working something like 16 - 18 hours, and that’s a good day. You are nothing but a billing machine and you are considered replaceable. Management is not supportive at all. They do nothing but push for more billing and the push intensifies at the end of the month. Nurses now have to do the majority of clerical work. They also have taken away what they used to reimburse for, such as internet, etc. The workplace culture is toxic. There is no work/life balance. They do not care if you have a family or any other obligations or functions, you are expected to work. And you are expected to be on call 24/7/365. As far as benefits they are horrible. The deductible is ridiculously high and they just went up again on the premiums. You get 6 sick days a year. They changed that policy a few years back. Now you get the sick days all at the beginning of the year but it used to be accrued and you didn’t get your last sick day until 12/31 of that year. Vacation time is a joke. When you have been there for 20 years you get 4 weeks of vacation. The hardest part of the job was pretty much everything since there is no support from management. The most enjoyable part of the job was I did meet a few good people but they caught on and left. All the good nurses left this company for other companies that valued them. This company does not value their employees at all.
Genex was a great place to work. My colleagues were helpful and I learned a lot about Worker's Compensation. Challenging but rewarding work. I would go back.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
Need to do some retraining after the first 90 days.
Wish there was a negative star. This company only cares about billing and money. They don’t care about you, the patients or the insurance company. Heads up insurance company’s. You are getting robbed. Never been so micromanaged in all my life. So glad to be away from them
Best company I’ve worked for. Flexible, supportive, offering a multitude of resources for professional success, growth and opportunity. Colleagues are always willing to help anytime needed.
Due to lack of work in my area of the capitol district of NY, my hours were decreased to part time. The job was a good fit for me allowing me to work from home however after the new office manager replaced my retired office manager things went south with the office and the work slowed down causing me to lose my full time job and benefits.
This started out as the company I was willing to commit to for 4 years. So my manager appears like a spector in front of my cube and tells me she needs to talk to me. She told me that my beloved position was going away because I missed too much work. I had been diagnosed with a serious illness earlier in the year and had FMLA time, but this person's going to make me sweat. Fired 5 days before Christmas. I wonder if she got my bonus?
There are too many chiefs and not enough Indians. People get positions and promoted internally without anyone else having an opportunity when they have more experience. Every manager wants to be involved in what you are doing instead of you being able to work independently. Unable to question processes. What is said and done at one point is not necessarily how it is done. Not clear and concise work objectives. No work life balance with case load. Extensive travel. Only perk is work from home.
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay is not comparable to similar companies
As a part timer you will work 8-14 hours on a single shift because the company doesn't give the FT employees overtime, they use the PT help for OT. You will find the weekends are stacked, as most ppl can only come on the weekend. You'll be busy. I felt undervalued and more like a servant than a clinical coordinator. Doctors can be particular and difficult, I didn't like fetching their lunch.
Genex does not take in consideration if one has a degree. There is no advancement at the company. There is NO performance raises only MERIT raise and that is only 2%, It is nothing. No moral support; no interaction with management; no team building. it is just you and the work to get completed. So, it you are looking for no advancement in position and pay raise, and less stress, this place would work. I like the fact I can work from home. That is a good plus.
There was a great deal of turnover because of the lack of training and change of manager/supervisors. There was a lack of concern for the employees to get the work done. Too many different reports to turn in. Not enough time to learn what each company wanted to include in their reports. The doctors did what they wanted, keeping the injured workers off as they wanted.
My last position there was a remote position which was nice but it got too stressful after a certain point, couldn’t even go on vacation without taking my laptop and phone to work. Got called during my PTO. Not a good work life balance if you have a young family which I did.
Unless you are a very experienced workers comp nurse case manager, do not work here. You will get neither the training nor the support you need. Part of keeping your job will be impressing and keeping the adjusters happy. So you essentially work for Genex and the adjusters, two bosses. Management has favorites and I really mean that. They do. Benefits are horrible, training is negligible and you are not assigned any kind of mentor or preceptor to utilize as a resource once the little training they give you, is done.
Company was purchased and majority of jobs were outsourced overseas. Company was serviceable with decent benefits and great coworkers before purchase.
I love Case Management and love what I do for injured workers, but.... Management plays favorites, no work/life balance working 12+ hours per day. Have to watch your back. Management will look for reasons to get rid of great employees. New hires starting pay $10k-15k more than a tenure employer. No room for advancement. Jobs get created and people are placed in jobs at managements decision without considering experience or tenure. Money focused and customers are billed astronomical charged.