GENEX Employee Reviews

None Caring environment
Medical Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Everything was an issue with this company management didn't care only one manager that did care was let go after her being with the company for 20 plus years and even that was harsh they way she was let go.
The worse company I have ever work for would be GENEX which is sad to say. As I spent a lot of years with the company and would hate to be rude of it.
Great people to work with yet some rude people to work with.
I am an easy going person and would never speak ill of anyone but this company has left me so bitter.
Pros
Cons
Lots
RN, CCM - Indianapolis Branch
RN, CCM - Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2019
Micromanagement, management needs to be restructured, say one thing and do another, no advancement unless you are friends of management team, when questioned on certain areas they become defensive and attitude changes towards employees. No work/life balance, long hours, high stress level to meet billing demands to make management look good, no room for advancement, tenure and experienced nurses are not given are not given priority for assignments or newly created positions.
Pros
work from home
Cons
No work/life balance
great place to work
EDI resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 4, 2018
the work was fun, the coworkers were great. I was going back to school to go into a different field that was the only reason i quit otherwise i would still be there
Depends on office/location, pays well
MEDICAL CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 25, 2018
It depends on WHICH GENEX office--I worked at two--one was great, one was terrible. Overall, you are compensated nicely, but the work is stressful and competitive.
I worked from home
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PANovember 15, 2018
The position worked for my life style since I could work from home. The case load varied and required additional hours of work several times a week. My manager was supportive and available for guidance during work hours.
Pros
working remote
Cons
lack of co worker contact in office setting
Very professional Medical billing staff
Medical Billing Processor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PANovember 13, 2018
I only worked at Genex on a temporary basis. The associates there were very knowledgeable and were always professional in processing medical claims. They did a great job with their many branches across the US.
Pros
Breakfast/Lunch served on the premises for employees
Cons
The average hourly rate for new employees was low
Autonomy - New management was unfair
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 26, 2018
After restructuring and new management- was demanding unrealistic goals. The supervisor never met me personally- and was critical of my work. The patients, adjusters and attorneys and employers were all complimentary on my work.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
New management unrealistic
Poor Management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  KYOctober 25, 2018
Management is less than desirable. Passive aggressive and care nothing for the employee. They treat you as if your easily replaceable, which is sad. A good employee has knowledge of system and processes and trusting relationships that took years to build with clients and Co workers! They do not see as such.
Pros
Cons
Management treat you like a work horse
Poor management
Vocational Rehabilitation Field case Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2018
Extremely poor management with overloaded case managers. Micromanagement is rampant, but the managers are not consistent in their management styles, leading to stressful encounters. There is also no consistency in management. End of month information is questionable and reports are "pre-billed" and employees are expected to complete reports after the fact. There are other questionable practices too numerous to mention. I would avoid this employer at all costs. I lasted 5 years and I was considered a long-time employee!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not very enjoyable and very little support.
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 24, 2018
You were on your own to teach yourself the work on your own. The hours were way too long. Poor management as there were very few nurses to supervises staff nurses. Very stressful every 3 weeks.
Hectic Work Environment
Worker's Compensation Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Very hectic work load, without support staff.

Coworkers worked with team effort within the time allotted for a huge caseload.

Unrealistic expectations of staff time.
Pros
Experienced supervisory staff
Cons
Overload of cases
Workers Compensation case management
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2018
I carried a caseload of individuals injured on the job to assist with the coordination of care and transition bac to their place of employment. Travel was required.
Good place to work.
UR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CASeptember 17, 2018
Genex was a good place to work at, There isn't much advancing in that company for the data entry workers.
They were very fair with pay.Some of the workers didn't pull their weight which made getting the job done a little harder.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
annoying workers
adaptive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2018
it was my first job after receiving my certificate in medical office and I was hired on as an administrative assistant and a transcriber job was a learning experience but the work I did and the pay I received was not enough
Boring lifeless people
Referral Intake Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, paSeptember 8, 2018
Horrible place to work when you have children, they’re very inconsiderate to the life you have outside of your job. Too much mandatory overtime, not enough pay. The work load is wayyyyy too much for the rate your paid.
Relaxed Workplace
Intake Coordinator / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2018
Friendly Co-Workers
Always willing to help when needed
Relaxed Work place.
Company did change, Changed Work procedures and management
Changed the Personalty of the Company
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Management Changes
Remote Position
Field Nurse Case Manager, worker's comp (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 5, 2018
I worked as a worker's compensation case manager at Genex; working remotely from my home with required trips to the main office in Pleasanton weekly to turn in reports. It was a great job for me at that time of my life working through a divorce.
Pros
work from home
Cons
trips to Pleasanton
Poor Management, Poor Corporate Culture
Senior Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 30, 2018
At Genex the buck stops at the very bottom. There is little to no accountability and management is not honest with their employees. Yearly reviews/QA analysis were manipulated to protect management and nepotism was rampant.

Upward mobility was almost non-existent as many upper managers and department heads were entrenched in their positions and were held to a very low standard in terms of attendance and participation in the daily running of the corporation.

On a positive note the compensation was very fair since, as a supervisor once told me, "you are paid well to put up with the unnecessary stress and anxiety that comes with working here."
Pros
compensation
Cons
multiple
case management
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City SDMay 15, 2018
This position met all of my expectations in a sales position selling their products. I have enjoyed my time there and would sale again with this company in the future.
No training offered. Learn as you go with not even a guide.
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 23, 2018
Management extremely critical, and although I was new to VCM as a career they offered no training. Continuously criticized me for what I didn’t know, but didn’t even provide me with an orientation or any formal training. Heck I wasn’t even provided a guide for self study. Just thrown in to fill their quotas until they didn’t need me anymore.
Pros
Cons
No training; no support