GENEX Employee Reviews

Pecking Order
General Clerical Intake (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2018
If you like working overtime and not getting paid for it and having your Supervisor and Branch Manager call you names while being patronizing then this is the job for you!
Pros
A paid job
Cons
Everything else
Too much upper management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2018
Management is only concerned with billable hours. There is absolutely no regard for quality of work. There is no communication from management to the workers, so working remote is exceptionally difficult. Most managers and branch managers are so out of touch with the day-to-day operations of what a case managers job really is. It is like working in an asylum and the patients are running the place.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No work life balance. No career guidance to help advance your career or meet goals
case management
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City SDMay 15, 2018
This position met all of my expectations in a sales position selling their products. I have enjoyed my time there and would sale again with this company in the future.
Worked there
Claims Developer (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAMay 14, 2018
My time at this company was fine, pay wasn't amazing but it was fine for the level of stress associated with the job. Was a good job following my move to the area.
No training offered. Learn as you go with not even a guide.
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 23, 2018
Management extremely critical, and although I was new to VCM as a career they offered no training. Continuously criticized me for what I didn’t know, but didn’t even provide me with an orientation or any formal training. Heck I wasn’t even provided a guide for self study. Just thrown in to fill their quotas until they didn’t need me anymore.
Pros
Cons
No training; no support
work comp
Field Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 13, 2018
Great company - no micro-managing, great pay and wonderful leaders that genuinely care for each person's success. Difficult to grasp work comp details at first but wonderful mentors!
Difficult to meet productivity requirements
Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 24, 2018
Relaxed casual atmosphere, long work hours, multiple recording systems difficult to understand.
Between driving hours to and from Dr appointments and documentation- field nurse could be up > 18 hrs/day to meet productivity demands
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere at main office
Cons
work culture not a fit for everyone
Case Management
Workers' Compensation Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 27, 2017
Management was not very supportive of staff. Bottom line is billable hours at any cost. They don't care about how many hours you work or that the tasks that you are asked to do by adjusters may be above your scope of practice or even in violation of HIPAA. They side with adjusters.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Unsupportive management.
Fast Paced
SALES Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 26, 2017
Enjoyed it. They were very fast paced. the work kept you busy. Everyone was very friendly and nice. my supervisors always answered my questions in an orderly fashion no matter how busy they were.
Not a great place to work
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 13, 2017
Everyone that i knew at this job when I started there had moved on by the time I was leaving. The person that was in charge was always upset about something!
Pros
Free lunch once a month for closing
Cons
high pressure, hard person to work under
Cut-throat corporate philosophy
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 11, 2017
Corporate philosophy is very top executive friendly. They are cut throat and purely looking at the bottom line profit and will throw its employees under the bus and off the train, and then run them over if it benefits their bottom line. I don't trust them. I cannot support their philosophy. Please note that I am not a disgruntled employee. I get outstanding performance evaluations every year, and I am highly regarded throughout the company and in the industry. I am just ready to move on because I can no longer bear to work for a company whose corporate policy is against everything I hold so dearly.
Pros
Pto, comparable salary as others in the industry
Cons
cut throat, dishonest
Very stressful work place
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
Very stressful work place. Case managers pitted against one another for most hours billed. Quantity highly regarded, quality not so much. Assigned to cover files 4 or more hours away when there were multiple case managers much closer, to increase billable hours.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
very stressful
Tough job
RN Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 5, 2017
Stressful and all about billing and the bottom line. Managers not supportive. Assigned cases even if you were already maxed.
Take time from your next month to get quota hours in the current month.
Pros
work from home office
Cons
extreme work load and demanding management
Ok(home based) place to work if you can give endless time to cover extra cases
Nurse Case Manager/Telephonic (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PADecember 1, 2017
This job would be very nice for a home based position. It had very long hours initially while learning in the first 6 months. Case load was double what had been advised on interview. There was a very big learning curve for computer program used but once you learn to use it to your benefit it would be good/6 months there and was still waiting for the new program I had been told they were going to be getting. Management tells you they back their team but they will actually throw you under the bus at first sign of trouble or complaint by customer.
Nice place to work
Case manager GENEX Services-home-based (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2017
My position was as a field case manager. I have no complaints about my position or the company.

My manager was always there, and willing to assist as needed and appropriate.
Road Warrior
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 8, 2017
Good place to work and flexible have to drive but when you did have to drive sometimes it was very long distances. Co[workers where always very helpful.
Stressful work environment
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAOctober 29, 2017
A lot of pressure to exceed the billable hour requirement, mainly for upper management high bonuses. End of month, end of year is very stressful too.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Upper management is cut throat
Competitive Environment
Medical Services Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAOctober 27, 2017
This company was a money-losing enterprise for the owners while I was employed. It has been sold since my employ. At the time I was there, leadership was soft, contracts were dwindling and competition was fierce.
Pros
Collegiate atmosphere
Cons
Company needed more contracts to be profitable
Sold Rehab services
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 25, 2017
Called on Insurance companies and TPA's to enroll patient's for their worker comp rehab. Spent my days selling to Managers and insurance adjusters. Did plenty of entertaining and meals and daily presentations. Sold to the Kentucky market. Management believed in the sales force and let everyone perform their job as they saw fit. Great company to work for and some days miss being there.
Pros
Fun Company
Cons
Paper work
overall
Telephonic Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 19, 2017
Work day and work flow same as at another company. Hardest is the documentation issues. Expectations of management are not realistic and not geared to the needs of the customers/people you are coordinating care for.