GENEX Employee Reviews

Poor Management, Poor Corporate Culture
Senior Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 30, 2018
At Genex the buck stops at the very bottom. There is little to no accountability and management is not honest with their employees. Yearly reviews/QA analysis were manipulated to protect management and nepotism was rampant.

Upward mobility was almost non-existent as many upper managers and department heads were entrenched in their positions and were held to a very low standard in terms of attendance and participation in the daily running of the corporation.

On a positive note the compensation was very fair since, as a supervisor once told me, "you are paid well to put up with the unnecessary stress and anxiety that comes with working here."
Pros
compensation
Cons
multiple
case management
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City SDMay 15, 2018
This position met all of my expectations in a sales position selling their products. I have enjoyed my time there and would sale again with this company in the future.
No training offered. Learn as you go with not even a guide.
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 23, 2018
Management extremely critical, and although I was new to VCM as a career they offered no training. Continuously criticized me for what I didn’t know, but didn’t even provide me with an orientation or any formal training. Heck I wasn’t even provided a guide for self study. Just thrown in to fill their quotas until they didn’t need me anymore.
Pros
Cons
No training; no support
work comp
Field Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 13, 2018
Great company - no micro-managing, great pay and wonderful leaders that genuinely care for each person's success. Difficult to grasp work comp details at first but wonderful mentors!
Case Management
Workers' Compensation Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 27, 2017
Management was not very supportive of staff. Bottom line is billable hours at any cost. They don't care about how many hours you work or that the tasks that you are asked to do by adjusters may be above your scope of practice or even in violation of HIPAA. They side with adjusters.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Unsupportive management.
Fast Paced
SALES Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 26, 2017
Enjoyed it. They were very fast paced. the work kept you busy. Everyone was very friendly and nice. my supervisors always answered my questions in an orderly fashion no matter how busy they were.
Very stressful work place
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
Very stressful work place. Case managers pitted against one another for most hours billed. Quantity highly regarded, quality not so much. Assigned to cover files 4 or more hours away when there were multiple case managers much closer, to increase billable hours.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
very stressful
Tough job
RN Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 5, 2017
Stressful and all about billing and the bottom line. Managers not supportive. Assigned cases even if you were already maxed.
Take time from your next month to get quota hours in the current month.
Pros
work from home office
Cons
extreme work load and demanding management
Road Warrior
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 8, 2017
Good place to work and flexible have to drive but when you did have to drive sometimes it was very long distances. Co[workers where always very helpful.
Sold Rehab services
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 25, 2017
Called on Insurance companies and TPA's to enroll patient's for their worker comp rehab. Spent my days selling to Managers and insurance adjusters. Did plenty of entertaining and meals and daily presentations. Sold to the Kentucky market. Management believed in the sales force and let everyone perform their job as they saw fit. Great company to work for and some days miss being there.
Pros
Fun Company
Cons
Paper work
Positive and supportive environment.
VOCATIONAL CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richmaond, VAOctober 18, 2017
Enjoyable environment, great staff, great benefits. Hard work but enjoyable. Work hours for Vocational Consultants are self managed, as you work around client's schedules.
Pros
Staff, comradery, supportive environment, hard work.
Cons
Lack of room for advancement.
very stressful and harassment by management
RN Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2017
When Intracorp (division of Cigna) was bought out by Genex, there was no importance given to the NCM's - Nurse Case Managers, RN. There was no respect given and threats of losing your job was heard by e-mail from the top manager --- pushing RN's to meet their billing numbers ( we had to do the billing also)
Had to work long hours on the road driving and then in front of the computer to enter time and reports, once I returned to my home office.
* Hardest part was feeling like a professional in all my other nursing jobs, until this one --- and they think it will push you or motivate you. I believe it is a type of abuse.
* Most enjoyable was working with the patients - injured workers and physicians. Being an advocate, but teaching and encouraging positive outlook on recovery.
Pros
nothing - pay is good, but not paid for all the hours you work
Cons
No free lunches - no perks, bonus', raises, etc
Little to no room for advancement
Bps technician (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIJuly 5, 2017
There is a lot of breeding big herds of cattle, due to the dairy industry trending that direction. Most people won't last 30 years in this career with out a shoulder injury of some type. With so many people trying to move up little room for advancement as well. Commission paid and took a commission pay cut 3 times in 3 years due to corporate wanting more profits.
Pros
Work as a team
Cons
Work a lot including weekends for only ok pay
Constanly moving
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIJune 19, 2017
Never a dual moment. you are always up working. Either working cattle or there is a calf being born. very laid back and easy going job. Also great benefits!!!
It was a demanding job, but worth it the first 15 years. Things changed with new management, making the last several years pretty unbearable.
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 15, 2017
It was a good company to work for until the last company bought it and hired sales managers who knew nothing about the business to manage the sales people in the field. It became all about the almighty dollar instead of the customers and the people who worked there and brought in that almighty dollar. Saw some age discrimination, etc.
I worked in the field going to two Doctors offices a day and at home the remainder of the time.
Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2017
I found the traffic in Los Angeles to be overwhelming in consuming my time to get home to do the computer and telephone work required to complete my daily responsibilities. I learned to use my time to the best of my ability. I found management willing to help but slow to react. I enjoyed workman's comp. work very much as well as case management. If I had been in an area without so much traffic I would not have been under so much stress, and it would have allowed me more time to complete my other work. I was very effective in getting people back to work. I developed very good organization skills required to preform many other occupations.
Pros
Worked at home, enjoyed seeing people get back to work through a lot of effort of mine.
Cons
Too much time in traffic!
okplaceto work
Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 6, 2017
hard to manage work and life due to business and late hours.

very busy and in order to bonus have to meet day 10 and 15 which is not always easy depeding upon appt schedule and report due dates
Met some great nurses there,
Good
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2017
Flexible work hours, time management flexible, office staff easy to work with, productive. Good rapport with all medical providers and with all insurance providers
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Paper work excessive
Relaxed but work oriented place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working there but with downsizing i was layed off. I worked for them for 14 years and never regretted getting up to go in. I feel that i learned a lot and would recommend this kind of work to others.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no room for advancement
Only concerned with production
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
Poor management. They only care about billing and making hours for the month. Management has no concern for life outside of job.
The only time I ever heard from management is when there was something wrong on a file, in a report or with my billing. Rarely, if ever, is there any positive feedback from the management staff.

I generally worked 10 hours a day and there is always more to do. Plan to receive emails if your work is not done quick enough.

I constantly felt that they were threatening to fire me if I didn't produce enough.

The supervisors and manager is very involved and will harass you for reports and explanations as to why you were short hours (even if you were only short ONE HOUR for the month).

If you have experience with case management I advise to find somewhere else to work. This is a good place to get your foot in the door and learn work comp. This company is not what it use to be.
The team dynamic is gone and everyone is out for themselves just to make sure they produce enough.

PTO days are not really PTO days. If you take 1-2 days off for the month you will be expected to make up the hours so it is not really a day off. 3 PTO days and over will be counted towards hours for the month.

Genex will NEVER take into account all of the work the nurses do on a file that can not be billed for. This is considered NONBILLABLE and they will not take any of that into account of the time you work each month.
Pros
Good pay, benefits are mediocre at best
Cons
Terrible management