GENEX Employee Reviews

Poor management
Vocational Rehabilitation Field case Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2018
Extremely poor management with overloaded case managers. Micromanagement is rampant, but the managers are not consistent in their management styles, leading to stressful encounters. There is also no consistency in management. End of month information is questionable and reports are "pre-billed" and employees are expected to complete reports after the fact. There are other questionable practices too numerous to mention. I would avoid this employer at all costs. I lasted 5 years and I was considered a long-time employee!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not very enjoyable and very little support.
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 24, 2018
You were on your own to teach yourself the work on your own. The hours were way too long. Poor management as there were very few nurses to supervises staff nurses. Very stressful every 3 weeks.
Hectic Work Environment
Worker's Compensation Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Very hectic work load, without support staff.

Coworkers worked with team effort within the time allotted for a huge caseload.

Unrealistic expectations of staff time.
Pros
Experienced supervisory staff
Cons
Overload of cases
Workers Compensation case management
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2018
I carried a caseload of individuals injured on the job to assist with the coordination of care and transition bac to their place of employment. Travel was required.
adaptive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2018
it was my first job after receiving my certificate in medical office and I was hired on as an administrative assistant and a transcriber job was a learning experience but the work I did and the pay I received was not enough
Boring lifeless people
Referral Intake Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayne, paSeptember 8, 2018
Horrible place to work when you have children, they’re very inconsiderate to the life you have outside of your job. Too much mandatory overtime, not enough pay. The work load is wayyyyy too much for the rate your paid.
Relaxed Workplace
Intake Coordinator / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2018
Friendly Co-Workers
Always willing to help when needed
Relaxed Work place.
Company did change, Changed Work procedures and management
Changed the Personalty of the Company
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Management Changes
Remote Position
Field Nurse Case Manager, worker's comp (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 5, 2018
I worked as a worker's compensation case manager at Genex; working remotely from my home with required trips to the main office in Pleasanton weekly to turn in reports. It was a great job for me at that time of my life working through a divorce.
Pros
work from home
Cons
trips to Pleasanton
Poor Management, Poor Corporate Culture
Senior Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 30, 2018
At Genex the buck stops at the very bottom. There is little to no accountability and management is not honest with their employees. Yearly reviews/QA analysis were manipulated to protect management and nepotism was rampant.

Upward mobility was almost non-existent as many upper managers and department heads were entrenched in their positions and were held to a very low standard in terms of attendance and participation in the daily running of the corporation.

On a positive note the compensation was very fair since, as a supervisor once told me, "you are paid well to put up with the unnecessary stress and anxiety that comes with working here."
Pros
compensation
Cons
multiple
case management
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City SDMay 15, 2018
This position met all of my expectations in a sales position selling their products. I have enjoyed my time there and would sale again with this company in the future.
No training offered. Learn as you go with not even a guide.
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 23, 2018
Management extremely critical, and although I was new to VCM as a career they offered no training. Continuously criticized me for what I didn’t know, but didn’t even provide me with an orientation or any formal training. Heck I wasn’t even provided a guide for self study. Just thrown in to fill their quotas until they didn’t need me anymore.
Pros
Cons
No training; no support
work comp
Field Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 13, 2018
Great company - no micro-managing, great pay and wonderful leaders that genuinely care for each person's success. Difficult to grasp work comp details at first but wonderful mentors!
Case Management
Workers' Compensation Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDDecember 27, 2017
Management was not very supportive of staff. Bottom line is billable hours at any cost. They don't care about how many hours you work or that the tasks that you are asked to do by adjusters may be above your scope of practice or even in violation of HIPAA. They side with adjusters.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Unsupportive management.
Fast Paced
SALES Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 26, 2017
Enjoyed it. They were very fast paced. the work kept you busy. Everyone was very friendly and nice. my supervisors always answered my questions in an orderly fashion no matter how busy they were.
Very stressful work place
Field Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
Very stressful work place. Case managers pitted against one another for most hours billed. Quantity highly regarded, quality not so much. Assigned to cover files 4 or more hours away when there were multiple case managers much closer, to increase billable hours.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
very stressful
Tough job
RN Medical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 5, 2017
Stressful and all about billing and the bottom line. Managers not supportive. Assigned cases even if you were already maxed.
Take time from your next month to get quota hours in the current month.
Pros
work from home office
Cons
extreme work load and demanding management
Road Warrior
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 8, 2017
Good place to work and flexible have to drive but when you did have to drive sometimes it was very long distances. Co[workers where always very helpful.
Sold Rehab services
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 25, 2017
Called on Insurance companies and TPA's to enroll patient's for their worker comp rehab. Spent my days selling to Managers and insurance adjusters. Did plenty of entertaining and meals and daily presentations. Sold to the Kentucky market. Management believed in the sales force and let everyone perform their job as they saw fit. Great company to work for and some days miss being there.
Pros
Fun Company
Cons
Paper work
Positive and supportive environment.
VOCATIONAL CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Richmaond, VAOctober 18, 2017
Enjoyable environment, great staff, great benefits. Hard work but enjoyable. Work hours for Vocational Consultants are self managed, as you work around client's schedules.
Pros
Staff, comradery, supportive environment, hard work.
Cons
Lack of room for advancement.
very stressful and harassment by management
RN Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2017
When Intracorp (division of Cigna) was bought out by Genex, there was no importance given to the NCM's - Nurse Case Managers, RN. There was no respect given and threats of losing your job was heard by e-mail from the top manager --- pushing RN's to meet their billing numbers ( we had to do the billing also)
Had to work long hours on the road driving and then in front of the computer to enter time and reports, once I returned to my home office.
* Hardest part was feeling like a professional in all my other nursing jobs, until this one --- and they think it will push you or motivate you. I believe it is a type of abuse.
* Most enjoyable was working with the patients - injured workers and physicians. Being an advocate, but teaching and encouraging positive outlook on recovery.
Pros
nothing - pay is good, but not paid for all the hours you work
Cons
No free lunches - no perks, bonus', raises, etc