Genghis Grill Employee Reviews

Genghis grill was a fairly easy jobs
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 27, 2018
Genghis grill isn’t for anyone looking for a career. The DIRECTOR OF OPPERATION for the Tennessee region wasn’t the right fit for this environment and single handily ruin Genghis Grill moto and that’s was to make sure the customer where to satisfied and guaranteed excellent customer service.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No paid vacation and no compensation for work. Also no off days
Genghis Grill is a good place to start in your restaurant management career
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 28, 2018
They will provide all the modern technology tools that will greatly assist you in your day to day tasks in running a successful restaurant. They also have flexible hours as well as decent benefits.
competive of who gets most costumers
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 31, 2018
Management can be good or really bad it all depends on who your manager is. They do not offer any benefits whatsoever. It is a very fast-paced workplace, you are standing the whole time.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor managements
Don't work here the company doesnt care about its employees
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCApril 26, 2018
I have been working at this restaurant for two years as a host khans koach dishwasher and grill master. I have been told by all my managers and even district manager what a valuable asset to the team I was but i still have never received a raise. I personally love my coworkers and the customers who frequently come in to eat, but the ceo and higher ups in the company only care about making money.
Host at a casual sit down restaurant
Host (Former Employee) –  921 N Central Expy #101, Plano, TX 75075October 9, 2018
Genghis Grill was my first job, and while it was a good company to get my work career started, I was glad to be able to move on. I was a host, meaning I would greet customers, Help with delivering the food, help clean dished, and answer calls. I enjoyed the work I did. However, after a couple months of working at this location, they began to have severe budget cuts, which led to me only working one 3-hour shift per week. I was wanting to work more, especially in the weekends. The management was a mixture because they were very nice people but often times a little bit unorganized. The hardest part about my job was that many of my coworkers were very lazy, and most shifts, I ended up doing a large part of their jobs while simultaneously doing mine. The most enjoyable part of my work was the workers. Although they often lacked motivation to do their jobs, they were incredibly sweet and funny people that made shifts much more fun than if I had an extremely negative team of coworkers.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Short shifts, few weekly shifts, unmotivated coworkers
Basic Mongolian style fast casual grill
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 12, 2018
Generally a fun upbeat work environment. Typical day started at 8 a.m and concluded between 6 to 8 p.m. Included all ordering, interviewing, hiring, firing, overseeing operations in the BOH and FOH, as well as all AP invoicing, inventory and profit and loss analysis. Most difficult part of the job was communicating with employees who spoke Arabic but no English
Pros
Free to run the the place as I saw fit
Cons
No benefits or bonuses
Ehhh
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2018
I had fun employees but the management over myself was not the type of management that I would recommend working for. I enjoyed my time but I have no life for my family or friend or even myself. I would’ve stayed longer if I haven’t worked 75 hours a week with a small amount of pay.
Pros
Free food and N/A beverages. Great people to meet
Cons
Long hours. No personal time. Low pay for the area it’s in
fun with an open grill
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 5, 2018
easy tasks for workers, had a great team of people to work with, good shift time, i would possibly still be working there if it was still there, but the management was a little unstable.
Pros
discounts on food and breaks during long shifts
Cons
no benefits
A great beginning job for new people to the work force
DISHWASHER/PREP (Current Employee) –  550 N Stephanie St, Henderson, NV 89014February 12, 2018
Genghis Grill is a very fun place to work at with incredible individuals who understand and work with people of all backgrounds. There is 0 discrimination and an amazing management who works and tries to make a schedule compatible with you.

Most days can be very fast-paced and stressful, forcing us all to work together and cover each other's weaknesses. While other days can be rather relaxing and a great way to talk to and hang out with your crew.
Pros
Very flexible with schedule, amazing team to work with. empathetic management
Cons
Minimal hours and salary
Great
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2018
its a great place to work if your just looking fro a second gig to have or to make a little extra money. buts it wont get the bills paid. your going to need a fulltime job with benefits. -
Okay for something temp
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXOctober 5, 2018
The older guys weren't trying to share the prepping process because they felt like they would lose their job, while management just hires anyone really grills in mouth doesn't matter to them. No set system behind the grill, you feel like you would be best for the counter cause youre the most personable but the older guys that don't wanna work decided to take over it and it cost you tips.
Pros
mangment was cool up until the new manager, told them at the interview i didn't like closing and they never made me.
Cons
the older guys really stop you from moving up with the company
We had to make sure customer's was eating and enjoy they day with family in a clean,healthy,loveable caring Restaurant who love give a Extra hand.
Buser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I like working in a place that will see me for who I am and how I am a team player,vus I do work hard and I do give in I promise if I am given a change management will sleep we is a Blessing to each Other.Thank u
Pros
NjA
Cons
Na
Friendly staff and managers. Overall a positive workplace.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2018
Each day was a new adventure, depending how a person would look at things. In a restaurant many things can go wrong all at once on a typical day. Or all can go right. Managing the team was a wonderful learning experience. I had to learn how to always keep an even attitude and lead by example. I was able to dust off my computer skills as well. When more then one team member called in on a shift it made work much harder. Somehow, those of us who were there managed to make it work. At night, when team members cleaned and shutdown the restaurant music would play and everyone would work as a team to get things done. Those moments were always the best.
bad company, stay away.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 9, 2017
the corporate management doesnt care about its team level employees. they offer frequent promotions that never do well but leave their franchisees picking up the bill.

this used to be a good company with a cool concept, but ever since the new CEO took over he has distorted the entire vision, raised prices, decreased options and food quality and added a bunch of 'gimmicks' that over complicate the restaurant and lead to a poor customer experience. He then turns around and blames his store managers and team members for the drop in sales.

if you want an easy semi-service serving job, ull make 60-80 a night here for standing around. great for college students but dont expect to support a family.
Pros
easy
Cons
terrible corporate management
Fun work place and you are always busy so no boredom.
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 17, 2019
Managers let you have down time and did not push you to the limits. The work was easy and tips were relatively good. Some nights tips were very good and you go home with a good amount of money.
horrible company and higher management
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, South CarolinaNovember 6, 2017
Worked at the South Carolina store for SIX YEARS. Was an amazing company at first, but once they changed CEO's everything went downhill. Were dishonest with employees and management. Changed salaries without even telling their employees (To a lower amount.) High up management is the worst, they do not care about the employees one bit. No doubt in my mind the whole chain will be closed in a matter of years, if not months. Take advantage of people because they cannot afford to pay everyone fairly. Such a shame - a great place went downhill so quick. I truly loved this job in the first few years, but they do not care a single bit about their employees. Was literally told that in the last few weeks of me working there. Also, our phones were disconnected for six months and nobody in the area will do work for them because the corporate managers get work done that the company can no longer afford. Had great employees and amazing regulars, just need some work on management
Cons
no benefits, over work employees
productive and fun fast paced to work.
Khans Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2018
it was a fast paced place to work, meeting new customers and regular customers everytime, the management is not that good especially our manager at that time, but the assistant manager is great, I enjoyed working with my workmates and it feels like im working with filipinos , it feels like Im at home.
Pros
have an employee discount whenever I dine-in.
Cons
No benefits, or you have to wait for 6 months to have your benefits.
Not Recommended
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAFebruary 3, 2018
Decent pay, benefits not that great. They made a bonus structure that's impossible to hit because no one can understand. Treats management like kids and micro management. Playing politics is the only way to get ahead
Pros
Good balanced work hours, salary
Cons
Controlling, not much on people
Productive and fun environmental workplace
Hostess/ Khan's Koach (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 29, 2018
A typical day at work was fun and productive, I learned how to cook many different foods even though I was not a grill master, the management was a really good crew of managers, there was one manager who did cause some problems for me while I was working there which was the reason as to why I left. The workplace culture is good and creates a nice, fun environment for teens working in high school. the hardest part of the job was the side duties we did once a week, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the whole crew, and helping out all the customers with what they needed.
Pros
$5 Bowls
Cons
One manager
Worst job
Cook/closer (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJanuary 2, 2019
Management made me work 2 hours with a broken hand before they let me go to the hospital this is the worst job I ever had I am so happy they close down the Hendersonville Tennessee location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genghis Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight