Gengras Motor Cars Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work!
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 4, 2019
I have been in my current role for a few weeks at Gengras Motor Cars. The Onboarding process was easy, descriptive and you were made to feel welcomed right away. There is an open door policy and an employee suggestion box which is read frequently and some of the past suggestions were put into place by the company. It is explained early on that there is plenty of room for growth and advancement. The training provided by my manager and fellow associates has been wonderful. The employees have all been very nice and accommodating. I would highly recommend working for this company!
Pros
Room For Advancement, Friendly Staff and Managers
Revolving door
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMarch 28, 2019
Management treated people below them terribly. Upper management could be heard yelling at sales managers for not meeting goals and the abuse would go down the line causing a negative work place. The pay was horrible and when I asked other employees about advancement they said to go elsewhere to another dealership because of poor policies. I could see very quickly that this place was a revolving door.
Cons
Lowest pay and poor management attitude
great coworkers, poor management
Sales (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 19, 2019
blatantly bullied by management, paid a base salary for a 40 hour work week when the mandatory was almost 50, high turnover, expected to make sales with no leads, lack of support from higher ups.
Pros
coworkers were great
Cons
work and life balance was horrible, shoveling cars off in the snow, looked at like i was dumber than a box of rocks when asking for help
Corporate Trainer/Leader Development
Corporate Trainer/Leader Development (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTOctober 26, 2018
I have been in my current role for approximately 3 months. The ownership, the senior leadership team, and HR have been super supportive and accommodating. I have had the opportunity to be creative in training/leadership development and have been given autonomy to develop process while supporting and coaching our sales team. The core values of the organization are crystal clear, risk taking is encouraged, and self-reflection is critical to professional growth in the organization. Working at Gengras Motor Cars has been a very positive experience.
This is an amazing company and I would highly recommend it to my family and friends
Genius product specialist (Current Employee) –  East Hartford ConnecticutOctober 22, 2018
This has been an exciting place to work. I am thrilled to be working with such an amazing team of people. They make me feel welcomed. I hope to continue my Career at Gengras and can’t wait to see what the future holds.
One of the better autodealer groups to work for
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 9, 2017
Enjoyed my time at Gengras. The managers were very helpful and my direct supervisor was extremely helpful. He'd give you the opportunity to present ideas and help see if they would work or if they weren't viable. Customer and family oriented company.
Car Dealership with decent reputation
Sales Executive Gengras Chevrolet (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMay 23, 2017
Great place to start a career in the automotive industry. I learned a lot about sales and customer service. Very demanding hours and responsibilities.
Cons
High Turnover
Great place
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTMay 9, 2017
Great place to work and great people to work with just too long of a commute unless you're in Hartford or East Hartford. Only down fall is the hours in the service department on Saturdays
General (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 6, 2016
I have been very fortune to be part of an organization that rewards and recognizes each and every employee for a job well done. I find the open honest communication that exists within Gengras Motor Cars an easy way to understand where I am excelling and where I need to improve. Aside from this very transparent culture are the people. My co-workers are some of the finest people I have met in my professional career. I couldn't ask for a better culture to learn and grow in my chosen profession.
Pros
During the warmer months each store has a cook out to show their appreciation to all the employees, Employees are recognized for a job well done, Open honest communication
Cons
I wish I started here earlier in my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gengras Motor Cars. Our community is ready to answer.

Gengras Motor Cars Reviews by Location