Genie Tutors Employee Reviews

Bad Management
former employee (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsJuly 23, 2018
Worked in Birmingham Branches owned by the Franchise Head Office.
Bad Management and bad organisation, not trustworthy, never received the promised pay raise, threats and blames towards the staff.
Pros
customers and colleagues
Cons
management
August 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

I am responsible for some of the centres in Birmingham and I am not aware of any complaints about poor management or organisation. We have however been involving staff in making improvements over the recent months and the feedback I have received in recent months has been constructive and positive.

There have been a couple of employees who we have performance managed and they have subsequently left. If you have any constructive or positive feedback then please do send it to me at Luke@genietutors.co.uk so it can be reviewed.

Productive and challenged
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsAugust 6, 2018
Positive working atmosphere and recieving full support from the manager (Nasko).
It added a lot to my experience and hope more growing to the whole company
Challenging and rewarding
Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsFebruary 9, 2017
I started at Genie Tutors one year ago. The job is very demanding (at least for my position) but very rewarding, what is exactly what I want. There are a lot of opportunities to get responsibilities and improve my professionalism.
All the staff are very friendly and professional, making my job interesting, rewarding and very enjoyable.
Also I see the tutors` passion to help the kids in the most efficient way. It gives me an extra spring in my step during the day.
A challenging and enjoyable work environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsAugust 1, 2017
I started working for Genie Tutors about a month ago. So far I have to say without a trace of hyperbole that it was a great decision to accept their offer. The centres I have been working in are quickly growing and gaining popularity with the people of Birmingham and this is a testament to the great dedication and the methods that our staff demonstrate. I have to say that by focusing on building the confidence of the children does make a great difference in their long term academic performance. This, of course, requires personnel who are motivated to guide, encourage and care for each child and their progress and that is exactly how I can describe the tutors as. Of course this makes my job a lot easier as passionate and motivated people are easier to coordinate and cooperate with, thus making teaching and progress monitoring a lot more efficient.

No problems with payments at all. In addition, there is great potential for personal advancement as the brand keeps growing and growing. As long as you commit to bringing the best that you can you will be rewarded.
Pros
great environment, motivated people, great organisation
August 1, 2018

Thanks for your review of Genie Tutors in Birmingham. Your hard work and efforts have been noticed and gratefully received.

Feeling Valued and Useful
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edgbaston and Harborne, BirminghamSeptember 26, 2016
There's never a dull moment at Genie Tutors. The pupils are a delight and working in small groups like ours means that it's easier to address individual learning needs. I've learned a lot about setting individual targets and sourcing learning materials. I've also learned to think on my feet.

The management at Genie is such that I am given the autonomy to deliver the curriculum in new and innovative ways, without being hidebound by the restrictions imposed by schools. This way I can meet the needs of my pupils in the manner that suits them best.

My colleagues are friendly and helpful. We are all happy to share good practice and resources. It real teamwork.

The most enjoyable part of the job is sharing the pupils' successes at all levels, and interacting with their parents.

The hardest part is when the time comes for the pupils to move on, having achieved their goals. However, there are always more, waiting in the wings ...
Pros
Perfect part-time work for me, as a retired teacher who's not ready to quit yet.
Cons
None that I can think of.
September 30, 2016

Thanks for this eloquent review. I am pleased to hear that you find your roll rewarding and enjoyable.

Happy, friendly environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  BenfleetOctober 6, 2016
A great friendly team, rewarding work, and the pay is good: what more can you ask for? Everyone enjoys what they do and are mutually supportive. Relaxed atmosphere. Wonderful team leader.
Pros
Good working time
A great place to work
tutor (Current Employee) –  BasildonOctober 9, 2016
This is a relaxed place to work with supportive colleagues and management. The children are happy and make good progress which in turn makes our job worthwhile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genie Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5