Genie Tutors

Genie Tutors Employee Reviews

Terrible, management and workload are simply terrible, promised wages never fulfilled and threatening towards employees who don't bend over owners expectations ( I'm a teacher, I'm not supposed to clean the class).
Not recommended
October 21, 2019
Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am concerned by some of your comments and would like you to make contact with me directly on luke@genietutors.co.uk. I do not expect anyone in our centre to be threatened and would like to follow up your complaint.

However, I am sure that you understand that parents come with high expectations for their children. When their children are in groups up to six they should be able to to expect better progress than in groups of thirty.

I am a little confused about your comments about an expectation to clean the venues. There are cleaners employed by the venue management. Why would we ask you to clean when your salaries are twice that of a cleaner?
Worked there for a while, working with the children is rewarding and that's why I love my job but the bad and confusing management and lack of respect for the employees, none of the promised benefits and career advancements ruined the atmosphere, it's not a good environment for employees nor students.
October 21, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. I am aware that a staff member requested an enhanced pay package. We rolled out this package shortly after you left - as we explained that we would.

If you are the member of staff I believe you are you left without working out your notice. I do hope that your new job is working out well for you.
I've worked for GT at several sites for nearly a year now, and enjoy every lesson I deliver. The students are a delight to teach, always ready to learn and to rise to new challenges. Colleagues and management are friendly, helpful, hard-working and approachable, all contributing to the positive atmosphere in which students thrive. The hardest part of the job is being able to find somewhere to park my car, but this is at one site only! One enjoyable challenge is finding an appropriate initial activity for new students, but I've got used to this and have built up a bank of activities for such situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting positive feedback from students, parents and management. It's always a pleasure to hear that a student has achieved better results, or has been moved up into a higher group at school.
Pros
The students!
October 21, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. I wish I could conjure up a carpark at that venue.
Positive working atmosphere and recieving full support from the manager (Nasko).
It added a lot to my experience and hope more growing to the whole company
Worked in Birmingham Branches owned by the Franchise Head Office.
Bad Management and bad organisation, not trustworthy, never received the promised pay raise, threats and blames towards the staff.
Pros
customers and colleagues
Cons
management
August 1, 2018
Thank you for your feedback.

I am responsible for some of the centres in Birmingham and I am not aware of any complaints about poor management or organisation. We have however been involving staff in making improvements over the recent months and the feedback I have received in recent months has been constructive and positive.

There have been a couple of employees who we have performance managed and they have subsequently left. If you have any constructive or positive feedback then please do send it to me at Luke@genietutors.co.uk so it can be reviewed.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I started working for Genie Tutors about a month ago. So far I have to say without a trace of hyperbole that it was a great decision to accept their offer. The centres I have been working in are quickly growing and gaining popularity with the people of Birmingham and this is a testament to the great dedication and the methods that our staff demonstrate. I have to say that by focusing on building the confidence of the children does make a great difference in their long term academic performance. This, of course, requires personnel who are motivated to guide, encourage and care for each child and their progress and that is exactly how I can describe the tutors as. Of course this makes my job a lot easier as passionate and motivated people are easier to coordinate and cooperate with, thus making teaching and progress monitoring a lot more efficient.

No problems with payments at all. In addition, there is great potential for personal advancement as the brand keeps growing and growing. As long as you commit to bringing the best that you can you will be rewarded.
Pros
great environment, motivated people, great organisation
August 1, 2018
Thanks for your review of Genie Tutors in Birmingham. Your hard work and efforts have been noticed and gratefully received.
I started at Genie Tutors one year ago. The job is very demanding (at least for my position) but very rewarding, what is exactly what I want. There are a lot of opportunities to get responsibilities and improve my professionalism.
All the staff are very friendly and professional, making my job interesting, rewarding and very enjoyable.

Also I see the tutors` passion to help the kids in the most efficient way. It gives me an extra spring in my step during the day.
This is a relaxed place to work with supportive colleagues and management. The children are happy and make good progress which in turn makes our job worthwhile.
A great friendly team, rewarding work, and the pay is good: what more can you ask for? Everyone enjoys what they do and are mutually supportive. Relaxed atmosphere. Wonderful team leader.
Pros
Good working time
There's never a dull moment at Genie Tutors. The pupils are a delight and working in small groups like ours means that it's easier to address individual learning needs. I've learned a lot about setting individual targets and sourcing learning materials. I've also learned to think on my feet.

The management at Genie is such that I am given the autonomy to deliver the curriculum in new and innovative ways, without being hidebound by the restrictions imposed by schools. This way I can meet the needs of my pupils in the manner that suits them best.

My colleagues are friendly and helpful. We are all happy to share good practice and resources. It real teamwork.

The most enjoyable part of the job is sharing the pupils' successes at all levels, and interacting with their parents.

The hardest part is when the time comes for the pupils to move on, having achieved their goals. However, there are always more, waiting in the wings ...
Pros
Perfect part-time work for me, as a retired teacher who's not ready to quit yet.
Cons
None that I can think of.
September 30, 2016
Thanks for this eloquent review. I am pleased to hear that you find your roll rewarding and enjoyable.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genie Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.