Genisys Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Learning Expereince
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIFebruary 9, 2018
Genisys taught me time management skills. It was a fast-paced job that required a lot of hands on training and hard work. As long as you are willing to apply yourself to your tasks, you will do well with this company. However, part-time employees have limited advancement opportunities and do not get compensated nearly enough. I often felt taken advantage of and not appreciated.
Pros
45 minute lunches
Cons
No healthcare/limited benefits for part-time employees
Great culture, welcoming team, awesome training!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 23, 2018
From the moment you join the team, you will be welcomed by everyone from the Executive Team to those that work in other departments and pass you in the hall. You will feel encouraged, well informed, and invested in. This organization understands and will tell you often, the employees are valued and appreciated. Truly a one of a kind company that is more like extended family.
Pros
Culture, teamwork, feeling valued, pay, benefits, Pto
Cons
N/a
Clique-y
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIOctober 3, 2017
The compensation for the job you are expected to do is very low. It is very easy to advance in the branches but if you start in a branch it is very difficult to move anywhere else as you are "over qualified."
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, Pay
Awesome Work Environment
Corporate Social Responsibility Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 21, 2017
I love everything about Genisys Credit Union! The work environment is fun and laid back- but not TOO laid back. This organization really appreciates their team.
Pros
team environment
Friendly environment
Electronic service representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 20, 2017
I absolutely loved working there for my seasonal position in the summer time. I will most definitely go back next summer if I can! Everyone is super friendly and nice.
Summary
Financial Services Representative (with cash) (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 19, 2017
Must 'mix' with others in order to keep position. (If a minimum number of characters is required, here they are.)

(This does not provide any additional information to what was initially stated.)
Could tell wasnt liked from the start!
Teller/Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 11, 2017
I don't know why but I had a feeling I wasn't liked from the beginning by the manager and let me say I was right in the end which could be because I didnt talk about everyone else like the others did so I didnt fit in..Also, the employees there were not welcoming at all and honestly just made the place so depressing. People always end up reviewing things the opposite of how I have seen so maybe my opinion will help others who find themselves like me!
Pros
Decent pay, work life balance
Cons
not welcoming, everyone talked about each other, no communication
Productive and Fast-paced Work Environment
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIMay 15, 2017
Learned about various financial instruments
Mastered interpersonal communications
Workplace culture was friendly, balanced, and enjoyable
Flexible hours due to school schedule, management was flexible
Pros
Free Lunches
Productive family environment
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIFebruary 6, 2017
I love working at Genisys Credit Union. They really care for their employees and do their best to make sure that you are well educated in the field. Sales culture is something that they strongly encourage.
Easy to learn and adapt
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 24, 2016
I enjoy the work and the management. They were very easy going and it was fun working there great boss.
I was a cashier and typical duties were:
Working the cash register
watering plants
helping customers needs
stocking
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 22, 2016
good place to work, nice people, but the pay isn't great. friendly people amazing staff. plenty of room to grow as an employee
Pros
friendly
Cons
not enoughh pay
fun family oriented place (like) to work for!
FSR / Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIOctober 4, 2015
Yes the credit union was a fun place to work, there was always something interesting going on, my co-workers were great, we were like a close nit "family", I absolutely loved working there, the hardest part of the job was not to talk to long to the members while others were waiting for service, because you got to know everyone so well they ALL felt like family! The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling overwhelmed when a member made it a point to bring your name up to your manager and tell them what a "great" experience they had, from my knowledge of my job and being able to service them better.
Pros
HR dept was very good at recognizing our accomplishments! with branch lunches, and bonus, empoyee appreciation days...etc
Cons
I dont have anything bad to say about the Genisys CU
Excellent professional work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Orion, MISeptember 27, 2015
Great place to work and start out with member services! Members are very appreciative of the effort we took to help them with their financial advances. A benefit is taking time out of your day to help and guide someone else.
Okay place to work.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 26, 2015
Pay is decent (low compared to other financial institutions). The company as a whole is a nice place, but my branch, specifically, is lacking management and has too many problems. Benefits and insurance are good.
Great Place to Work
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 19, 2015
Genisys CU is a great place to work for. Everyone is treated above and beyond a normal person. Great benefits and great ability to move up in the company.
Ranked number one in my book
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 10, 2014
Genisys Credit Union is a leader in its field. The Executive team have the front line staff's needs in the forefront of the day. Membership is held to the highest accord.
learn alot of new
teller (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIMay 19, 2014
was alot of opportunity to learn different responsibilities and jobs.
Calling members to discuss and resolve delinquent accounts
Sr Collector (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 2, 2013
Typical day was answering calls and meeting with members to try and help them resolve their delinquent account(s). Worked in an office setting with many co-workers. The hardest part of this job was having to repossess, foreclose or start legal action against members who had legitimate hard falls. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help members by making acceptable arrangements, consolidating, etc.
Pros
Challenging work, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Due to economic strain job workload became very heavy and hard to sustain.
Good Place to Work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  MIAugust 26, 2013
Flexible working hours, very good health benefits and 401K package. Not easy to advance in the company unless you have a degree. Enjoyed the co-workers and manager I last worked under. Not all managers are well trained or easy to work with.
Pros
Health Benefits, 410K
Cons
Managers, Room for advancement
Great place to work with a focus on members as well as employees
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 17, 2013
Genisys Credit Union cares about their members as well as their employees making it a great company to work for. Employees go above and beyond to meet members needs giving the credit union a high satisfaction rating above the rest. Genisys Credit Union has been voted top places to work since 2009 by the Detroit Free Press. Not only is Genisys committed to its member, but are also highly committed to the communities in which the branches are located. During a typical day at work, we are constantly opening account for new and current members, working on loans, and other miscellaneous jobs. I have learned how to process IRAs, certificates of deposit, loan audits, opening accounts, and fund loans. Management cares about their employees and takes the time to help out in any way they can as well as helping their employees grow. Not only my co-workers at the branch, but also the other employees credit union wide act as a big team whether it is seen on the front teller lines or behind the scenes. The hardest part of my job is making sure that members are aware of the difference between a bank and a credit union and letting them know that we do not charge many of the fees that other financial institutions do. The most enjoyable part of my job is financially helping members with whatever problem or advice they seek when coming into the branch and making sure they leave satisfied.