Genoa, a QoL Healthcare company Employee Reviews

Some Good, Lots of Cons
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 18, 2018
It's a good place to get some experience but not for long term employment. There were good & bad managers when I was there but lots of favoritism that caused some backstabbing. If you go in & do your job, don't talk to co-workers, you'll be ok. Training is pretty lacking in all departments and rare advancement.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Poor training, Favoritism, Rare Advancement, Poor Management
Fantastic Employer
Recruiter (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAMay 8, 2018
This was a remote position, with great leadership, minimal paperwork, mostly focused on transactional activities to get the best results. Loved working for Genoa.
Depends
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2018
If you get a caring, careful, detail oriented manager who holds their weight in the pharmacy, it will be much easier and not as stressful as working with an egotistical, arrogant "know it all" who acts like their above technicians but has only worked for the company for 4 months. A team is only as good as its leader and when leadership is severely slacking, not only in management but as an overseer of someone's health, which nothing to play with, then there is no team at all and performance is low all around. This company at one point used to stand for something and now is more about the dollar. What ever happened to true patient care? If you think about working for this company, I hope you get a RPh that truly cares for their customers and the business of the pharmacy.
Good Aspects
Pharmacy Technician in a Behavioral health center (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAApril 12, 2018
The company means well, it is really trying to help its customers who need help managing medications and a closer relationship with who is handling their medications and doctors than retail can give when they are too busy to pay attention. I just got stuck in a location with a pharmacist who lacks everything Genoa stands for.
Pros
free once a month lunches, close for half hour lunch
Cons
being a slow location can mean being the only employee to doo everything alone.
only a relief pharmacist
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARApril 10, 2018
I only worked from time to time to fill in for the pharmacist at the locations that I worked at. The pharmacist in charge never left me unprepared for the days I worked and would always made sure I had reliable technicians to help with the work.
Pros
great hours
Cons
usually only one pharmacist/location
Caring and Supportive Team Environment
Consumer Medication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 2, 2018
I have had the pleasure of working as a Consumer Medication Coordinator for a little over a year and a half. During the course of that time the company has grown and territories shifted. Due to that growth, I have work with two of our Genoa pharmacies. Both pharmacies have been supportive of my role and encouraged me to learn more. It has been very fulfilling growing with them. I have recently shifted into a new position. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a great opportunity. Genoa, for me, has been like family.
Company doesn't care about their delivery drivers
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2018
Your role as a driver is. "Here take this and I don't care where it goes or how long it takes to get the job done!" I was able to use my personal car in the beginning and make about $25 per hour. Then one day I was told I would have to use a company car and make half of my income. Try explaining that to your spouse? Go to work and they would tell you "Sorry I don't have anything for you to do now and come back about 230 pm" Excuse me you could have called! This has happened several times. Part-time work but you could be working throughout the night after 9 pm. You'll have to call the customer and chase them down. Which puts you even more behind. But Genoa doesn't care until you are late getting the deliveries done even at midnight. Most shifts are 1130 am until you finish. If you are single and don't have any children or family this job is for you.
Cons
Lack of pay, not much time for a break or lunch, way to many deliveries at times. The staff just doesn't care about you. Large turnover of employees
Pharmacy=Toxic Environment
CMC (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 9, 2018
Severe nepotism, climate is toxic and unprofessional. pharmacist is condescending, verbally abusive and yells at employees in front of other pharmacy staff, outside facility staff and even patients. Major mistakes made by pharmacist's friends are constantly overlooked, if you are not in her circle prepare to be nit-picked about every small mistake. Complaints have been made numerous times about the staff being rude to patients, case managers, medical assistants, doctors, and even insurance companies.
Overall a very bad experience, that I would not recommend to my worst enemy. Nobody deserves to be treated that way by anyone.
Pros
Clinic staff, working independently, paid vacation
Cons
Lack of training, poor communication, no teamwork, afraid to make a decision without asking pharmacist first
All in all pretty good place to wotk
Consumer medication coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fleetwood, PAMarch 5, 2018
Genoa is a pretty decent place to work. I really like the center I am at. It’s fairly new we have been here a year and enrollments aren’t great. So for me not much job security. Which is concerning . My supervisor is down to earth and promises she will not let me fail we will build this center! Overall decent but benefits are way expensive to buy for a big company!!
Produtive and great place to work
Medication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 20, 2018
Everyday was a challenge but if you set goals and work hard, anything is possible. The work load was fair and the clinic staff was awesome. Professional and caring people.
Pros
Paid time off and great benefits
Cons
Stressful situations
Nice place to work
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Genoa is a great company. The people are nice and helpful and everyone wants you to succeed.

In my role I traveled 90% of the time for meetings and visits to potential partners. I have learned how to manage my time better and I have learned to be more self motivated. The management is great. Everyone wants you to succeed.
If you are looking for job stability, look elsewhere
Consumer Medication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 11, 2018
Genoa has a good company culture and good benefits. My region happened to be a mess. Within 1 week of me working there, they fired the whole staff and left me to figure it out. A few weeks later the pharmacy manager quit. They brought me in to ask me how the pharmacy operates after everyone had been replaced, but forgot I had started one week prior. So, I could not tell them much. None of my bosses wanted to come to my facility because, it smelled bad. I had complications with my asthma from working at the facility I was placed at. Managers did not care. The actual pharmacy was about 30 mins away. My managers worked there. It was nice and clean. Most people that work for the company love their jobs. I think my region was atrocious. I felt like I was always in fear of losing my job.
Pros
Autonomy, Comapny Culture
Cons
No job security, manager sucked/did not care
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WA 98002February 2, 2018
Management allowed you to be your own person as long as you promoted the company mission of helping others receive the medication they need in safe and time effective manner.
Pros
Company credit card, work independently, access to management
Cons
being the only one at the local office it was hard if I had a personal appointment to go to.
Great business
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 20, 2018
Love working here. Great company to work for in mental health; upcoming company making impact in patient care; good work environment. Need focused detail oriented employees
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Mind
Great Benefits, Great Managers & Up Beat Staff
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 14, 2017
Management and Staff are friendly, efficient and truly care about their patients. They go the extra mile to ensure consumers receive their medications correctly and in a timely fashion.

Managers at this location are personable, understanding and always lend a helping hand if technicians are short staffed or call in sick. They care about technician's family life and back their technicians whether it be for pay raises or helping day to day tasks.

There are no weekend's or Holidays you are required to work. Genoa puts money each year into your HSA to use for medical expenses! They also offer FSA childcare so you don't pay taxes on it which has helped our family tremendously.

I've worked at Genoa for 5+ years and have accrued 5 weeks paid vacation which is unheard with most businesses. Genoa also matches up to 4% with their 401K.

You need to be able to multi-task efficiently and not afraid to hit the ground running. At this location they offer bubble packing, mail, filling, front window. Their is no drive- thru and a delivery service is hired to do deliveries so technicians are not required to do either.

I personally recommend Genoa, I understand not every Genoa across the USA is identical. However, I've been very happy with Genoa the past 5 years and its been a great fit for my family!
Happy Job searching!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Managers and Staff, Excellent Patient Care
Horrible
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 7, 2017
Horrible upper management. You have to fend for yourself, don’t count on any managers to help you or listen to you. Unethical company that only cares about the money
Excellent working environment
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNOctober 27, 2017
Not fair to give a review when haven’t been with this company long. It appears this company has an unique business philosophy that may be instrumental in changing pharmacy healthcare practice. Time will tell if the focus is care or profit.
Terrible place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2017
Poor management, zero teamwork, hostile environment, back stabbers, and the ones that got praised where the ones that wouldn’t do anything. Favoritism.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Work environment
Just didn't mix well
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 23, 2017
It's a tough environment to work in. Some patients come in and have break downs right in front of you. Some employees don't work well with others. However, it is a great company to work for if you can handle the type of crisis that can occur.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rude employees
Little Rock, AR
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 20, 2017
If you are not in the buddy system you will not make it. Poor/horrible management skills. The Pharmacist that was there prior was great-- prompt polite service. The Pharmacist there now just can't get right. The Pharmacist would rather have her friend working with her than anyone else. The pharmacy has gone down tremendously due to poor managing. I don't see the facility excelling at all.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genoa, a QoL Healthcare company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight