Genoa Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best support for employees
Consumer medication coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 19, 2018
Genoa gives as much support as possible for their employees to success. I never had any doubt that a problem couldn't be solved. Company culture is everybody is looking out for everyone with the best intentions. This allows Genoa to better serve their patients/clients with the highest sincere attention.
Pros
Every Friday lunch was payed for by the company.
Cons
Cant think of any, Genoa is an amzing company.
Genoa is a good place to work until it's not.
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2018
I liked working for Genoa. I worked my buns off for them, went all over 2 states to cover 8 locations. I got nice hotel rooms and got to meet a lot of nice people. The technicians there are great! But management is the problem. It's okay. I moved on to better jobs. A typical day at Genoa depends on the location and the technicians. Sometimes, the technicians do all the work and make your job easy. Other times, they just process and you spend the entire day correcting every script. Then, you have places where you do absolutely everything, process all the scripts and verify. It all depends. Good place to work until management gets involved. Their philosophy from what I dealt with is you do absolutely everything and let me relax. Management doesn't believe in team work, just delegation.
Pros
nice hotel rooms
Cons
management
Genoa healthcare is one of the worst companies I have worked for in 25 years.
PHARMACY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 11, 2018
Genoa would be great in theory if you have a slower store. Once you hit over 4500 scripts a month you get no support from upper management when you request it and yet they continue to expect you to do more with less.
Pros
Hours if you are not manager or salary
Cons
Hours if you are salary
Everyday is a GREAT day at Genoa!!!!
Pharmacist Manager (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 5, 2018
Working with a team of people dedicated to helping those with mental illness everyday . The company cares about its employees, facilities and consumers . The benefits are excellent and the recognition for hard work and dedication is second to none. From the top down this company is built with people who believe in the culture of helping others and doing what is right by all parties involved. Each and everyday you feel you are making a difference in your community and the people you care for. The company is supportive of new ideas and helping you achieve your career goals.

If you love caring for people and working to make your community a better place to live, than this is the place for you . As a Pharmacist that has worked for the company for over four years I do not have any cons. This is a great place to build a career and achieve your personal and professional goals .

Everyday is a great day at Genoa!!!
Pros
The culture and those whom you have the oppertunity to work with everyday.
Cons
No Cons. This is a dream career .
Numbers driven
Customer Medication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
Manager was all about numbers no matter what the situation. That person would lie to their customer to save face as well as lie to me about certain opportunities. I would be told one thing by my pharmacist and another by the manager. Very inconsistent.
Pros
Free lunches on occasions, no weekends
Cons
Low salary, poor management
Great team
Special Projects Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 1, 2018
This is one of my favorite contract jobs. My manager was A Great leader. Great teamwork everyday. Learned so much from several teams. One of the best companies.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Unorganized teams
great place to work
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, ILJune 25, 2018
Outstanding work experience. Provides an active learning environment. pleasant and knowledgeable staff. Great leadership both health center and Pharmacy.
Hours are ideal!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 24, 2018
Genoa is a great company to work for. Most sites are open from 8-5 every day and actually close for lunch. They seem to care for their consumers and their employees.
Pros
Great hours and benefits.
Cons
No room to advance unless you're willing to travel.
first pharmacy technician job.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 9, 2018
Genoa is undergoing some changes. Bought out by Quality of Life pharmacies. some changes are good. some changes not so good. new position requires traveling and sounds good.Hope that they could turn it around. Could be a good hospital.
Should be more professional
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 24, 2018
Should be more professional place to work. Nice that they offer free soda though. Some employees liked to talk too much, which was distracting when trying to work.
Some Good, Lots of Cons
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 18, 2018
It's a good place to get some experience but not for long term employment. There were good & bad managers when I was there but lots of favoritism that caused some backstabbing. If you go in & do your job, don't talk to co-workers, you'll be ok. Training is pretty lacking in all departments and rare advancement.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Poor training, Favoritism, Rare Advancement, Poor Management
Fantastic Employer
Recruiter (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAMay 8, 2018
This was a remote position, with great leadership, minimal paperwork, mostly focused on transactional activities to get the best results. Loved working for Genoa.
Depends
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2018
If you get a caring, careful, detail oriented manager who holds their weight in the pharmacy, it will be much easier and not as stressful as working with an egotistical, arrogant "know it all" who acts like their above technicians but has only worked for the company for 4 months. A team is only as good as its leader and when leadership is severely slacking, not only in management but as an overseer of someone's health, which nothing to play with, then there is no team at all and performance is low all around. This company at one point used to stand for something and now is more about the dollar. What ever happened to true patient care? If you think about working for this company, I hope you get a RPh that truly cares for their customers and the business of the pharmacy.
Good Aspects
Pharmacy Technician in a Behavioral health center (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAApril 12, 2018
The company means well, it is really trying to help its customers who need help managing medications and a closer relationship with who is handling their medications and doctors than retail can give when they are too busy to pay attention. I just got stuck in a location with a pharmacist who lacks everything Genoa stands for.
Pros
free once a month lunches, close for half hour lunch
Cons
being a slow location can mean being the only employee to doo everything alone.
only a relief pharmacist
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARApril 10, 2018
I only worked from time to time to fill in for the pharmacist at the locations that I worked at. The pharmacist in charge never left me unprepared for the days I worked and would always made sure I had reliable technicians to help with the work.
Pros
great hours
Cons
usually only one pharmacist/location
Caring and Supportive Team Environment
Consumer Medication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 2, 2018
I have had the pleasure of working as a Consumer Medication Coordinator for a little over a year and a half. During the course of that time the company has grown and territories shifted. Due to that growth, I have work with two of our Genoa pharmacies. Both pharmacies have been supportive of my role and encouraged me to learn more. It has been very fulfilling growing with them. I have recently shifted into a new position. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a great opportunity. Genoa, for me, has been like family.
Unprofessional management
Territory Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 27, 2018
Manager constantly bragged about who they knew in the company, constantly threatened termination, would have child screaming in the background on constant calls that caused constant interruptions, annoying personal information disseminated, ineffective training program, favoritism for those she considered friends, fall outs with those friends which affected work environment to the point that we had to pass messages between the parties. Very disappointed in what could have been a great opportunity.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Manager who was more concerned about promoting himself
Company doesn't care about their delivery drivers
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2018
Your role as a driver is. "Here take this and I don't care where it goes or how long it takes to get the job done!" I was able to use my personal car in the beginning and make about $25 per hour. Then one day I was told I would have to use a company car and make half of my income. Try explaining that to your spouse? Go to work and they would tell you "Sorry I don't have anything for you to do now and come back about 230 pm" Excuse me you could have called! This has happened several times. Part-time work but you could be working throughout the night after 9 pm. You'll have to call the customer and chase them down. Which puts you even more behind. But Genoa doesn't care until you are late getting the deliveries done even at midnight. Most shifts are 1130 am until you finish. If you are single and don't have any children or family this job is for you.
Cons
Lack of pay, not much time for a break or lunch, way to many deliveries at times. The staff just doesn't care about you. Large turnover of employees
Pharmacy=Toxic Environment
CMC (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 9, 2018
Severe nepotism, climate is toxic and unprofessional. pharmacist is condescending, verbally abusive and yells at employees in front of other pharmacy staff, outside facility staff and even patients. Major mistakes made by pharmacist's friends are constantly overlooked, if you are not in her circle prepare to be nit-picked about every small mistake. Complaints have been made numerous times about the staff being rude to patients, case managers, medical assistants, doctors, and even insurance companies.
Overall a very bad experience, that I would not recommend to my worst enemy. Nobody deserves to be treated that way by anyone.
Pros
Clinic staff, working independently, paid vacation
Cons
Lack of training, poor communication, no teamwork, afraid to make a decision without asking pharmacist first
below
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Genoa, ILMarch 8, 2018
opened store full time and after 1 1/2 years, owners wife quite walgreens and took over full time and i went part time. genoa is a small store doing about 120/year. would rather have something with a quicker speed.
Pros
its a job
Cons
its a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genoa Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight