Gentex Corporation Employee Reviews

High school mentality
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJanuary 13, 2019
This is a very high school like place.. everyone is sleeping with everyone and there are cliques and “popular” and “unpopular” people. The management does nothing to try to stop any of this and they are never on the floor either.. it’s pretty much just ran by the production.
Pros
Bonuses, nice lunch room
Cons
Management, pay, high school like behavior
It is not a good place to work. They will stab you in the back when you least expect it.
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 25, 2018
I got a raw deal at Gentex i I worked for the company for 5 weeks and they let me go because they were having a job fair and I was the oldest employee that was just hired in.I dosn't reccomend this company at all. I was out of work for 5 weeks and it depleted my savings account and my checking account. If it wasn't for my fiance I would have been living on the streets because I couldn't find a job anywhere. Now I will be starting Ridgeview Industries on January 2,2019 making more money than I would have received from Gentex.
I was only a temp
Gentex Optics (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, PADecember 18, 2018
I was only a temp there but I did enjoy the time I got to work there. I loved everything about my job there. Sadly because I was a temp and their contract ended they had to lay me off.
Pros
Peaceful
Fairness
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MINovember 26, 2018
Gentex gave me a fair amount of vacation days as well as a fair amount of sick days. I would recommend working there to anyone who asked me about it.
Great place to start a career for young people coming out of school
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Zeeland MiNovember 15, 2018
Beautiful facility, great perks, get place to start a young career and build on moving up though to Company, they even pay for training if in the field of the company. I highly
Pros
A lot of celebration, paid company picnics for the whole family
Cons
7days a week
Great place to work for a starting job. I have been here awhile and learned a lot and met some great people.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 12, 2018
I started at gentex shortly after high school. I have a few family members that have worked at gentex and they had talked me into working there bc it was a frat place to work and had great benefits. I work on the line building rear view mirrors and have learned a lot of different parts over the years. The job was over all easy, you just have a goal to hit at the end of the day so it can be stressful if you’re not working with fast paced people. The people you meet was the best part.
Pros
Paid lunches and quarterly bonuses
Cons
Short breaks, on your feet all day
Great Job
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, PANovember 11, 2018
This is the best job you could ever have. Working here i experienced hard work does pays off. they pay close atttention to you and your and gives you feedback.
Pros
Not one Con
Immature workplace
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 7, 2018
A tyopical day starts with a group meeting to go over expectatinos for the day. what the downside is, is that the other employees and management ave established cliques and if you dont fit in and suck up to them, you end up in a horrendous gossip loop that exudes negativity
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 31, 2018
A wonderful place to work. Very understanding hire-ups. They are very fair with over time, and you do have the opportunity to fast tract into a better position.
pruductive and very great atmosphere
assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIOctober 25, 2018
I typically worked 8 hours a day. I learned how to assemble smoke and carbon monoxide detectors together and package them and ship them out to the customers. I loved working there and would recommend working there to anybody.
typical workplace, everyone got along well enough
Helmet Assembly (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, PAOctober 17, 2018
It's a good job with great benefits. Supervisor was a good guy and the work was easy. i can't complain it was work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to music on your phone while you worked.
Gentex Corp
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIOctober 8, 2018
- Daily work load was manageable
- Able to learn multiple areas of operations
- Management team was always willing to provide direction
- Work place culture was friendly and goal driven
Pros
Very high ownership at all levels
Cons
Large company
Not bad. Good company.
Runner and line worker (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 6, 2018
I thought gentex treated employees well. If you want to advance there it is hard to do especially with all the mandated Overtime . They only like degrees for advancement.
Pros
Great people, management is great, good company
Cons
No life, lots of OT. Unfair distribution of work onto shifts. Some work more than others.
air conditioning
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIOctober 4, 2018
good place to work at nice and clean good bonuses free pop. just looking to get into something different than what I have been doing at gentex i wanna learn machines.
Management good in some areas, extremely poor in others.
OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIOctober 2, 2018
Most floor jobs are fast paced, and management is hit or miss as far as quality goes. numerous occasions of mismanagement of HR related issues. Its a good job to pay the bills, but i would not say a good career unless you are a engineer or looking to advance in group leadership.
very busy all time and days off
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Dudley, MAOctober 2, 2018
very busy all the time and a lot of your plate with not a lot of time to perform all tasks so 12 shifts turn into 13/14 hour shifts with meetings. have to answer emails on days off
Pros
not much
Cons
not a lot of time
You will get back what you put in
Materials Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 27, 2018
If you put in the effort, play by the rules, and do your best, Gentex will take care of you as long as you push for it. Healthy work environment, and great opportunities for overtime and advancement
Pros
Everything Else
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Place to work
Engineering Manager - Supplier Quality (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MISeptember 26, 2018
A great place to work, world leader in Automotive Mirror Components. Clean working environment in factories and office areas. Casual working environment with good benefits.
Fast pace and fun if you enjoy your coworkers
Final Assembly (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MISeptember 21, 2018
You will usually be on the same line every day unless you become a floater. You will learn every station of the line and rotate every 2 hours or whatever is specified. You have a goal to hit so it was entertaining to try to keep your time in the green to avoid having to work mandatory weekends.
Pros
Bonuses were great.
Cons
Short breaks
fast-paced factory work environment
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MISeptember 18, 2018
The workplace culture and environment at Gentex is enjoyable and the management is generally kind and accommodating. The work is fast-paced and overtime is readily available to those who want it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentex Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight