Gentex Corporation Employee Reviews

A job that will keep you working
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIAugust 7, 2018
If you show up everyday and do your job it can be rewarding for you. Gentex will supply you with work you just need to go and work. Gentex will also give you bonuses for your time. The more you work the bigger the bonus! Plus they have free pop, lemonade and coffee.
Pros
Always work
Cons
No advancement/little pay
overall opinion od company
QA Lab Tech/ Document Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Simpson, PAAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work, benefits are good, work a 90/80 schedule so every other Friday off or work 4 10 hour days and every Friday off.

Managers are good and work with employees training also good for each job you are given.
Easy
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJuly 26, 2018
easy place to work
learned how to better manage life
management depends on group leader but overall, decent.
hardest part is time management
most enjoyable is able to listen to music
Great work place with a gym
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJuly 23, 2018
Overall a good place to work. But been doing 3rd shift for over a yeah and I’m physically tired and my body wants a different shift I’m looking for a first shift job.
Stable job
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 11, 2018
Great place to begin your post high school work experience, but not if your looking to aspire being anything above an assembly line worker if you don't have a degree. Great place to start out though.
Cons
Lack of advancement
productive
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJuly 11, 2018
our days were productive but boring for those who dont like a monotonous day you do the same thing for eight hours a day five days a week and for me it got old
Great Place to work
Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJuly 10, 2018
A typical day would start with interaction with great coworkers. Also everyone got along doing their quality work. Fun,Safe, and awesome. relaxing and not difficult. The most enjoyable are the workers and the feeling of atmosphere to do your task.
Great Company
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJuly 10, 2018
It’s a great company. I felt like there was favoritism though. Security there is good. Most people there are helpful and friendly. Always ask questions if you don’t understand something never just assume.
Gentex production team leader
Production Team Leader (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 10, 2018
Gentex is overall an alright place to work but I don't feel like I'm compensated fairly for how much work I do, that's why I'm looking for other openings.
Pros
Paid lunches, paid time off, profit sharing
Cons
Low pay, hard to get 40 hours
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 10, 2018
Good hours, air conditioned, great benefits, a bit of drama depending on department, great quarterly bonuses, overtime available often, clean environment
Pros
Quarterly bonuses once hired
Cons
Very young management, not always ambitious
Excellent Work Environment
ASSOCIATE BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJuly 8, 2018
I love working at Gentex. They treat the employees well and provide plenty of opportunity for advancement. The only reason I'm considering leaving to work for another employer is location and benefits.
Pros
Onsite Gym
Cons
Benefits not very competative
Good job for just starting out after high school
Assembler/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJuly 5, 2018
Bonuses every 3 months. Health and dental benefits are offered but were not very good. 2 breaks and lots of overtime. There wasn't a lot of room for advancement but were opportunities to move up to auditor.
Pros
Large break room and gym available
Cons
To much overtime
Great place
Karen Tyers Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MI 49464June 20, 2018
Nice place to work. Fast paced but pleasant. The management and co workers were wonderful. Everyone was a team player and we worked as one. With a goal in mind.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Good
Material Handler/Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 11, 2018
Fast paced and some easy stations. Pays well and benefits are good. Bring music and talk with friends. Great work environment that cares about you. Wear whatever you want as long as it doesn't offend other workers. Lots of drama.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Drama
Ok
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 4, 2018
Decent place to work for manufacturing a little fast paced but when you get used to it it comes pretty easy some short breaks but it is a production line
Great Company To Work !
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 3, 2018
I will always remember the annual company picnic where you can bring your family and enjoy all the outdoor activities and awesome picnic food along with our CEO and his lovely family.
Great place to work despite management being confusing sometimes.
OEC Element (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMay 30, 2018
The company over all is a great one to work for. Compensation is more than efficient and they try 110% to accommodate the person to the job. The management is stressful at times because there are several "team leads" and supervisors that you report to. This causes issues with communication and over all confusion during the day. It is very much pyramid scheme type leadership. But, on a positive note, Gentex prides itself on a "non-pretentious" work environment. The CEO even gives company wide announcements in jeans and a button up. This is so ingrained into the company that most offices/rooms are not labeled. This encourages communication when finding things/people and creates an open door policy for any team member. Other than this I have no quarrels about the company or hesitation referring it to someone else.
Production Line
Production line worker (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MI 49464May 30, 2018
I worked at Gentex while attending college. They were a great factory to work for while in college and had many perks for a factory. I worked both second and 3rd shift during my employment there
Fitness instructor
FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMay 30, 2018
I am contracted out so not an actual employee of Gentex . The employees who attend my classes are fun to work with. Always happy on bonus days. Seems to be a great place to work
Great Company
Production Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIMay 24, 2018
Overall Gentex was a great company to work for. From the benefits to the facility it was very well rounded. Only disappointment was how the management would conduct themselves and steps they would take to discipline members of the team. A typical day at work consisted of a large amount of mandatory meetings. Everyone was very pleasant for the most part. However, the culture made it very hard to advance unless you had worked your was up from production. As some of us were hired from outside, there was a lot of animosity towards us. The management was included in this, as they often worked up from production as well. The hardest part was dealing with the hoops and uphill battles that took place to get simple projects completed or approved. The most enjoyable was mentoring others in the technical field and teaching them the things I had learned on the job and in my various trade positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentex Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight