Gentle Dental Employee Reviews

Good for experience, not much else.
EFDA Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORMay 11, 2018
Good to get first year of experience. Otherwise avoid. Like all dental offices the experience is highly variable, but with GD you can always count on the front office person jamming the schedule with tons of 30 minute exams. Get your experience assisting and then find a place to work that will actually value you.
Pros
experience, friendly back office
Cons
Bad pay, poor advancement
Good place to begin and learn dentistry
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 3, 2018
Depending on the skills of the dentist, you can learn a lot of assisting functions. Depending on the trust of the dentist, you may have more one on one time with patients. Because they take all insurances, they have to move more patients through the day, so it can be very busy. Makes the day go by fast. But some coworkers take stress out on others.
Pros
Fast paced learning environment
Cons
Lower class staff
Practice Manager Multi Specialist Practice (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2018
I was able to improve the gross margin profit. It is a great place to work at and is very fast paced. Not a lot of support from the home office. I wish there was more connection with the home office.
Excellent doctors and staff to work with.
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 18, 2018
I worked as a RDH for Gentle Dental for many years. I loved the concept of all specialists available to refer to within the office. We had orthodontist, oral surgery, periodontist, many general doctors. I learned so much from this office. Patients were wonderful as well. Huge staff, many RDH's, RDA's, DA's, I enjoy working together with so many people to provide the best possible services for the patients.
Pros
Great doctors and staff.
Cons
Not close to my home.
Great environment to do quality dentistry
Associate dentist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 6, 2018
Gentle dental has all equipment and supplies necessary to perform great quality dentistry and leave patients satisfied. Work load is very manageable and doctors are not rushed.
Wrong company auto-populated
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 3, 2018
This is the wrong company of the same name and this mandatory review element of the application is a disservice to anyone who hopes to use it or is forced into contributing to it like I am.
old school meaning less computers which I loved with some great dentist and staff
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ORMarch 30, 2018
Interdent uses assistants for hygienists working between two rooms which is the most productive and reasonable way to get the most out of the hygienist greatest talent. The dentist do the initial assessment and presentation themselves, which makes the patient more comfortable with the outcome and more likely to comply. Assistants were, unfortunately, resistant at times to working with hygienist afraid they would lose their skills needed to work with dentists which they saw as their main bread and butter.
Pros
see above
Cons
inconsistent hours hard to support family and assistants wandered off their assignments frequently
Professional, pleasant environment
REGISTERED DENTAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for Gentle Dental. I was trusted and worked autonomously and was able to provide superb patient care.
I went on medical leave, and my husband took a position in Hawaii so I did not return. I have since relocated back to Arizona. If a position became available, I would certainly return.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits, great environment
Cons
Very busy at times
Fast paced
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 13, 2018
Dentistry Is a a fast paced field. I enjoyed working wih my co workers. Managment is not great and one of the reason i wouldn’t stay with gentle dental.
Not a good job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bayside NyMarch 9, 2018
They hire you and convince you that it’s your position and at the same time they accept and openly invite others in for in interview, how disrespectful. They don’t train you, they expect you to know everything. They are not clear with what they want you to do, it’s as if you’re suppose to know what they want before they say it, totally think it’s a waste of time applying here.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
They annoy patients
Work Review
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 1, 2018
A typical day includes 8 one hour patients consisting of prophys, perio maint, and SRP's. Treatment also included use of laser, atridox, arestin and use of digital x-rays. The hardest part of the job is explaining dentist turn over and constant changes due to corporate turn over. The most enjoyable part of the job is great colleges and building patient relationships.
no benefits
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEFebruary 28, 2018
they have no health insurance and its like high school all over again catty girls, and drama everyday, the pay isnt worth all of the drama that goes on in that place
Job has stability
Lead Dental Assistant & OHSA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2018
There is a lot of flexibility needed and the ability to keep up with the constant changes with grace and patience. Know that your hours are not set in stone, you may work longer hours sometimes
Pros
understanding that life happens
productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 23, 2018
Welcome patients and take preliminary information. Record all patient information in database. Schedule, reschedule and cancel appointments. Take telephone calls and provide information to both callers and walk-in patients. Ensure that charges and payments are posted appropriately. Make charts for new patients. Take and verify patients' insurance verification. Maintain the front office in a clean and tidy manner. Calculate Co-pays for all insurances. Ensure patient satisfaction. Great customer service skills.
fast paced learning
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  OregonFebruary 22, 2018
loved working at GD. your always learning. good company if your coming out of school. Doctors are awesome. you are required to work 1 sat a month. fridays close at 5
Cons
breaks
Terrible company
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 21, 2018
I was there for almost 3 years. Numerous corporate office changes, CEO changes...the manager had double standards (would do nails/hair on the clock, bringing kids into the office when staff was told they couldn’t....etc) Yes you may be a little more protected than a private practice but this company doesn’t care about you, your family, your outside engagements. They suck.
Pros
Free toothbrushes.....the only pro
Cons
Management, corporate, hours, pto
Unfair payment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandy, ORFebruary 12, 2018
High stress, low pay just is not what I am looking for. seems like they wants the absolute most work and do not was to pay well and they do not show appreciation for the things their employees do.
Poor corporate managment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 6, 2018
No paid sick days year round, in and out of doctors constantly, lack of communication in corporate, no discounts, lack of corporate involvement, no advancements, no raises, lack of knowledge in positions where knowledge is required.
Pros
Slow-paced
Cons
no paid sick time, lack of communication, employee mistreatment
A typical day at work
Chairside Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIFebruary 4, 2018
A typical day at work includes chairside, four handed dentistry, tons of xrays and a countless amount of patients. Cleaning operatorys and trying to keep a stead pace in schedule rotation.
Gentle Dental
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 24, 2018
Been working for Gentle Dental for little over a year, 8-10hr days. 30-40+hrs a week. I love who I work with and what I get to do. Its fast pace but relaxed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentle Dental. Our community is ready to answer.