Genuine Parts Company Employee Reviews

Found 947 reviews matching the search See all 1,003 reviews
Workplace culture
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2019
Not a progressive organization. Culture is challenging. Organization does not adapt well to the changing environments. Management needs to commit to training and employee development.
Part time work good pay tough on body
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 25, 2019
I worked here part time and did so while going to school for my degree. I enjoyed the atmosphere and pay but there wasnt anything that I would be able to do with my degree once I got it and that is why left.
Avoid
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2019
Terrible management at the Distribution Center, particularly the Sales Manager. Unscrupulous and employs 19th century mgmt tactics. However, most store owners are good people.
Stable workplace and room for advancement
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 7, 2019
GPC is a great place to work. It's a place with plenty of stability and many people there stay long term. The people I worked with were very friendly and helpful, there is a large learning curve but the managers are patient and understanding. There is a great work-life balance as well.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Turning away from remote work
Good position, good co workers, bad manager
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2019
A bad manager can kill a great group of people. Enjoyed my job and the people I worked with buy had an unreasonable boss with unreasonable views of the job and his knowledge of it.
A great fast paced environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  South St. Paul, MNMarch 5, 2019
GPC was definitely a great experience. By showing initiative and staying busy and being willing to learn, I was able to move up the ladder from counter person, to running my own Integrated Business Solution location.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Communication with upper management was patchy, including HR
Finance Assistant
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLFebruary 14, 2019
It was great employees are like family. Learned a lot of accounting and purchasing skills. The hardest part of the job was the work pace it was hectic. The Enjoyable part is all the co workers.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Fast work pace
Good for college students
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 11, 2019
Was an alright job no complaints about employees. But, the workload is way too heavy for any part time work. Needs better organization of it's work force
Good Company to work for
Delivery Driver/Counter salesman (Former Employee) –  Dowagiac, MIJanuary 29, 2019
The company culture was very family oriented and fast paced. I was a very big fan of being able to have some freedom at work to do things in a way that you wanted.
N/a
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team, peers and, management. A typical day included managing the steps to ensure a timely and accurate payroll.
Relaxed, enjoyable work environment.
civilian contractor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 23, 2019
GPC was a great place to work. I generally enjoyed coming to work and got paid well for my level. The downside is that nobody left, and as a result, moving up was a rare occurrence. Job security was a minor issue because GPC is a naval contractor they had to reapply for the contract every 5 years, and there was no guarantee that the Navy would accept. However, they never rejected GPC.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Advancement rare
Terrible job culture, terrible management, and endless hours
Distribution Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 2, 2019
If you love 55+ hours per week every week and stress that will give you an ulcer, then sign up for NAPA as a manager. The job may not have been so difficult if the Store Manager was a decent human being. In my first month the Store Manager I was hired to assist told me multiple times I was paid too much, even though I took a pay cut to transition from a competitor. A very hostile and unprofessional work environment was the daily order of business and this manager had been with the company for 22 years. When I brought these issues to the attention of Human Resources I do not feel as though the company took any meaningful action and the hostility continued. I eventually had to resign my position and transfer to another position in the company for a significant reduction in pay. I would not recommend anybody join management at NAPA. Corporate insulates bad managers and I would suggest looking elsewhere for professionalism.
Pros
Reasonable pay and benefits.
Cons
Hostile work environment created by the Store Manager.
Ok
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 1, 2019
Ok, not very good with career growth, training, fairness, culture, support, communication and management. Employees not treated the same as far as quailifications.
Best place I've ever worked!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 13, 2018
The best place I've ever worked. The management from the CEO to the mail clerk so very genuinely friendly and personable! Employees stay where they are treated well!!
Company wich throws people under the bus rather than take the blame themselves.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
Poor Company set up from The accounting dept. to the Parts dept,

Not enough experienced people to run the Parts Dept,
and a lot of corruption going on between the GPC and the New York City contract.

This company will place the blame on magaers and discriminate to their ad advantage.

I believe that Napa should be thrown out if the City Parts rooms for corruption of not giving true vehicle parts status reports to the NY city supervisors.

Napa has a record of firing location managers for speaking out against them when they want underhanded parts reports fabricated.
Pros
Cons
stabbed in the back
N/a
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2018
would be a great company if management was better, very unorganized, the company itself would be better with better management, Bouncing back and forth to part time to full time is very stressful, honestly I have worked for different companies but this one is the most stressful
It was OK
Machinist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2018
Lots of the blame game going on, some of the people were good the manager was awesome but asst. mgrs and supervisors were very demanding and never took any responcibility for their actions.
Mixed Feelings
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 12, 2018
I describe GPC as a true stepping stone. I feel I overstayed my welcome and I recommend if you start to work here, don't look to stay. If an opportunity presents itself, this may be a good option for you to stay. However, don't expect to be motivated, encouraged, or supported. Everything that's good about your position will be what you bring to it. If you develop great relationships with others, you may be ok for a while. If not, this is not the place for you. This is not a bad place to work, but an unfulfilling place to work...in my opinion.
Pros
Individual relationships are very strong here. Good support from team members.
Cons
No growth opportunities, no support from management (upper or lower level), pay is not good for the amount of work required (Coordinator level and above)
Good company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSNovember 6, 2018
Genuine parts company(Napa) is a good company to work for. It is fast paced. Can be stressful. ..............…........................................
Gpc
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 5, 2018
I had a great boss but there was no career advancement opportunity. No opportunity to enhance skills or learn new things. More of a dictatorship workplace environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genuine Parts Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight