Genworth Employee Reviews

Genworth as a Whole
Inside Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 12, 2018
Genworth gave me more opportunity's then I even expected. I gained so much from this internship, and I know that this opportunity will help me later on in my career.
Safe Secure
Customer Service Representative/ Processor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 10, 2018
The job is sit down desk job, quick paced and multi task heavy. Need to be organized ! They do offer a lot of training to update your skills and opportunity to move around.
Great for Employees but terrible for contractors
Sr. Windows Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2018
Genworth keeps many mid level and lower IT positions as contractors and there are no benefits outside of horrible medical that you would expect with a short term contract company. There is no plan or steps to becoming an employee. Many contractors have been there for years with no increase of things like vacation and other earned benefits. Employees have great benefits and there are many things done for employees for team building, but contractors are prohibited from entering. Management tends to place work on a few individuals and holds different people to different work standards. Management will allow some people to bend or break rules while others are held to the rules. While I was there as a contractor, the only way to learn more was to ask and keep myself up to date. There is no training or upward mobility for contractors.
Cons
Terrible treatment and benefits for long term contractors
Excellent Company
Regional Vice President - S Central Region (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2018
Great company and culture. Mission is executed daily by every department. The environment is fun and exciting on a daily basis. The Management team supports you in your advancement and gives you the tools to get there.
Pros
Flexible Work Environment
Work Life Balance
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 13, 2018
Genworth can be a great company to work for yet it is not they typical old work environment that some are accustomed to. The hiring process can be rigorous and the job stability isn't promising due to the company going through transitions.
Pros
Charity Organization's Fund Raising
Cons
No Job Stability, Not necessarily a friendly environment
Very easy going most days
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 30, 2018
My boss was defenitly a nice guy he was a laid back guy as long as you stayed busy and worked and work was easy to complete most days I had to find things to do and I logged it on a computer in the maintenance office and we were assigned tasks throughout the day bit sometimes there weren't tasks to be assigned
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
I was there on contract and was laid off 4 months into it
Productive work environment with advancement opportunities.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 22, 2018
Genworth started me with a competitive salary and developed a vast knowledge of life insurance in me. I had confidence in assuring customers and doing my job. I was promoted and up-trained twice during career there. I decided to leave after making the decision to move to Richmond. Genworth (Richmond) was not hiring at the time so I was unable to transfer. I'd recommend this company to anyone searching for a career in customer service.
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 5, 2018
Genworth is a good place to work, management is poor. Genworth offers great vacation and holiday time. The 401 K is awesome. Enjoyed the people there
Pros
Great vacation time
Cons
Short lunch time
Good company
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 1, 2018
Depending upon the department you work in. The Inforce side, I would not recommend. You are tied to a phone and score cards are extremely stressful.

If the Oceanwide sale goes through there maybe additional job opportunities outside of that department.

That would be a good thing.
typical day
Team Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2018
being on the phones with insurance clients, processing of claims and giving benefits
i enjoyed dealing with alot of the callers and would try and help them as much as I could but you were only alloted 2 mins per call and the manager would kick you available to take another call and all the information you entered /logged for previous call would be lost. they were more about quantity instead of quality
Pros
good pay
Cons
sressful

Want to know more about Genworth?

Ask a question
Good
QA Analyst and QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 7, 2018
Good environment to work. There is no much work pressure. Very good and accommodating team is plus feature.Very nice to work here.I have been working here since december 2015
Na
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NC 27704July 28, 2018
Its great jobto work for but can a bit overwhelming and stressful. It has a lot of good perks team outings on work time which builds great relationships with the whole team.
Pros
Different perks
Cons
Stressful
I like working here
Actuarial Analyst, ALM/Hedging (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2018
working at Genworth is a great experience for me despite the running down financial situation for the company. people are nice and encourage generally. work life balance is good and benefit is pretty good in the area.
Productive and fast paced environment
Manager for Long Term Claims (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2018
Genworth is always attempting to streamline their communication relationships with other departments. Senior Management always open to new ideas and very compatible environment. Everyone would respond with a sense of urgency should a problem arise. A typical day would start with coaching and managing associates on any mentoring they might need. Would take any supervisor escalated calls to resolve situations. Hardest part of the job would be to get a hold of another department to get a task accomplished. Best part was that everyone was pro active and really wanted our customers to have the best experience with Genworth.
Pros
Workplace Culture excellent
Cons
Never accept a temporary job there
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 20, 2018
They would hire more than they need and then being biased they start firing people from first week. Very hectic environment a big NOO if they are trying to hire you for temporary employment. They will treat you like a slave.
a good place to work
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 18, 2018
I was a temporary employees, with no benefits, was not included in any company functions, taking days off was not allowed, and they may terminate your employment for doing so
It was fine
Helpdesk Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2018
I met some great people that have helped me since then. The workplace culture was very chill which was nice. Taught me the basic skills I need in this industry
Depressing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 3, 2018
Genworth is a depressing place to work. Management is not trained and do a poor job of running the company.
The morale is low.
I learned about Long Term Care Insurance and how to deal with customers over the phone.
The hardest part of the job is making management happy.
The benefits and pay is decent however.
Okay workplace
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 30, 2018
When I first started working for Genworth I absolutely loved it. But once the insurance rating dropped. So did the pay and employee morale. It was horrible.
Pros
Decent pay, friendly
Cons
Poor management, poor empoloyee morale
Didnt like it
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 22, 2018
I didn't like working there. Employees are rude, you have to work off production and if you don't do things a certain way they will fire you fast. Feels like working at a jail..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genworth. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight