Genworth
Coronavirus update

Genworth Employee Reviews

United States433 reviews
Poor management
There is a lot of favoritism within the company. The hours are good but could require some overtime and weekends. Managers are always looking over your shoulder.
I love my job
Since I've starting working for Genworth in 2016 its been nothing less than an amazing experience. The company has given me opportunities to grow. I've been given the opportunity to move up in the company with two promotions in less than 4 years of me being there. They offer phenomenal health care benefits, the paid time off is better than any other job I've had in the past not to mention volunteer time paid as well.
CIO was a ego maniac
CIO has his click of favorites and despised people on ridicules criteria such as their favorite sports team. He also painted people based on thier manager and not the individual. Example if he had challenges with a manager as they came up the ranks their subordinates were painted with the same brush.
Productive Work environment
Good Place to work over all , compensation in good as well as the benefits. The co-workers where pleasant to work with . Good steady work, not overwhelming.
Na
It was a great job and i thoroughly enjoyed working there I loved being able to work from the comfort of my own home as it helped me accommodate to my daughters busy schedule
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Productive and Learning full
I enjoyed my experience with Genworth. I was able to learn and apply the lesson of public speaking, and see how the culture in Genworth was played out. Great experience!
Decent place to work
Genworth is a decent place to work. I feel that Genworth invests in their employees and there is a good work/life balance. Hard to move throughout the company unless you know someone.
Great place to start
The thing that stands out most about the company is the ability to advance if the will power is there. I have had three different positions with Genworth. They allow as many external interviews as they do internal and have a set standard for anyone applying. The company is very welcoming and all about individual and team growth.
A great place and very bright people
A very good company to work for. The company has gone through a lot of challenges and it was great to be part of the team responsible for solving a number of these problems.
Pros
Work life balance
Great group of people.
The call flow was high, but the environment was awesome and I enjoyed my time there. I was looking for more money and moved out of my place to be disappointed.
Toxic
Nepotism, Discriminatory, LGBTQ+ Unfriendly, Toxic, Inconsistent Unsupportive, Outdated, Unforgiving, Biased, Disengaged, Unrewarding, Boring, Unethical, Siloed, Top Heavy Business, Directionless ship, Perpetual promises and Poor Culture.
N/a
Genworth was a great company to work for, with many years of experience and continued education. I assisted customers on a daily basis with annuities while meeting my monthly sales quota, and call times. I was sad with the big lay off
Productive and Fun Place to work
Typical day is to pull the metrics to see how we did the day before and review the current inventory. Send data to leaders with a plan on how the work is going to be accomplished. Provide guidance to processors and phone reps.

I like relaxed environment and the collaboration between leaders and associates, taking everyone's opinion into consideration.
The health benefits were good
I was blessed with a job when I needed one but I must say that it was the most nerve-racking job I had ever had. I never had anxiety until I worked at Genworth. After I left, of course, it stopped but I would not put this job on the high list for working conditions.
Productive and fun place with nice people and ping pong table.
Good place and nice people to work with. Great work & life balance. I learned how to apply skills learned in class and research into industry practice.
Ingrained in the community providing solutions that really help people
Genworth allowed you to share your ideas and grow within the company. The people are at the heart of this organization working hard to create solutions that really help people at the most critical times in their life. There was a lot of opportunity to give back to your community and engage in GE educational classes. The most enjoyable part of my job was speaking with the advisor's every day, building relationships with them and always learning something new. It was exciting once they started doing business with them and see the zero on the sales report turn into six figures. The hardest part of the job was doing it without the appropriate resources sometimes. The culture was work hard play hard and you did what you needed to do to get the job done.
Attempted to be a fun, exciting and challenging place to work.
They did try hard to be a fun, exciting and challenging place to work. They were definitely challenging, occasionally fun and occasionally exciting. The hardest part of the job was having to process work items and man the telephones at the same time. This situation was very difficult, as quite often the work items were detailed and complex. To be interrupted by telephone calls made it even harder.
Good place
They let you leave work on the clock to go pick up your kids and trick or treat at the job. Very diverse. A lot of volunteer stuff. Overall good company
A great place to work
Genworth is a home away from home. We are family and friendly environment who will work hard, also work together.

My job as a Claim Representative shows my ability to work with others and provide proficient customer service.

We provide all cause of issues that can be resolved with integrity and support to all of our customers.

I look forward to spreading that in all aspects to every job I have and I will continue to show it with all my skills involved.
Great!
No complaints here...on maternity leave and there are 4 additional weeks Genworth provides called bonding time. It came in handy as my infant couldn’t go to daycare until at least 3 months/age for immunizations
Innovative and productive team
Dealing with wholesale clients B2B outside relationships which produced over 100 million a year in sales. Created contractual agreements to maintain continually sales goals
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genworth. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight