Geo-Technology Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity for High School Students
High School Intern (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 28, 2019
I found my job at GTA after one of the vice presidents came to my high school engineering teacher asking for summer interns. After interviewing for the job I gave them my availability over the summer, which they were very flexible with. Working at an engineering firm was a valuable experience for me as a high school student. My only complaint is unreliable hours, some of my weeks were over 40 hours while others were less than 20. I know that this was only because of my status as a high school intern, even college interns didn't have trouble with this, so not a real big deal.
Pros
Great experience for high schoolers, good pay
Excellent company, techs not paid well enough.
Engineering Technician I (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 30, 2019
Engineering techs not paid enough to start off, especially for those with a 4-year degree. Raises are fair, but starting rate too low. Upper management is easy to get along with and the company is amazing as a whole.
Pros
Great management, nice coworkers.
Cons
Hourly rate too low
Tough to Start
Geological Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 26, 2018
A good company to work for overall. The geo-tech department is tough to start in with long hours and low pay. The management does a good job but the nature of the work in beginning is hard which is not their fault.

Good People.
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
Long Hours, weather dependent, weekend work
good people
Field/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 4, 2018
very nice working environment. ability to advance. low pay. management was very professional. co workers very friendly. field techs have to use own vehicle.
excellent company
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEJune 21, 2018
this is a excellent company with plenty of opportunity for growth. The higher up in the company are excellent. I would recommend this company to anyone
Excellent employer
Office Support Assistant (Automation) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 13, 2018
US Army Corps of Engineers, Geo-Tech was an excellent job. My co-workers were very cooperative we work as a unit. Work hours were flexible 6am-5:30pm daily. Excellent benefits, paid time-off (sick & personal). I was promoted 3 times during my employment & received on the job training that qualified me for 3 other clerical positions.

As a Dept of the Federal Government i was employed 22 years and retired in 2015.

I would have liked to stay employed on a part-time basis, but there were no available positions.
Pros
paid time off, medical & life insurance, 401k, & federal retirement
Great company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 13, 2018
Great place to work, just had to relocate. Learned engineering skills and found it very efficient and needed to be as accurate as possible.
The job was exciting and never dull, with different obsticales and needs found every day.
Pros
Understanding folks, but high quality expectations.
For the desperate
Geotechnical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 21, 2018
If you really need a job and you have a car go ahead. Not a place for growth. Nice people but turn over rate is high. Only the managers have good benefits. They work you to the bone. You barely get enough rest and you abuse your personal vehicle.
Fair
Construction Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Learnt lot from the field
Fair management group
Fair work place
Lack of proper training
You are in different job sites learning different things.Every day job site visit encouraged me to learn different things .
great if you have no life and dont want to get paid
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 31, 2017
What a terrible work experience. I tried really hard to give it my all on the meager salary and mandatory overtime work without pay. Still, they have zero loyalty to their employees at staff-level and have a high turnover rate.
Fun place to work!
Geotechnical Engineering Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 19, 2016
There is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow in the company. The supervisors are very professional. It is a fun place to work.
Not always a great place
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEJanuary 9, 2016
Hired as an engineer, used as a technician, low pay, long hours, and rude manager. Some corners appeared to be cut in the work delivered and not all of it was of great quality.
Only good thing was the time and a half overtime
Poorly Managed
Engineering Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 21, 2015
Its been a while since i've worked here, so I hope things have improved. The management doesn't put much effort to train their employees or appreciate them. Invest in your employees and it will pay dividends
A great place to work.
Drill Helper (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 30, 2014
There is not one negative thing i can say about this company.
The people were fantastic to work with and for. I went into this job without any experience or knowledge of what i was required to do. I quickly learned my duties by getting great on the job training and coaching. I couldn't of asked for a better boss or co-workers.
learning experience
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MarylandDecember 10, 2013
would go to job site collect soil analysis and take readings of soil compaction to ensure safe to build upon.
co-workers were very helpful and knowledgable.
not knowing where i would be traveling to that next day.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
travel, very low pay, and benefits
Great place to work and very family oriented
geo-tech/field technican (Former Employee) –  frederick, marylandFebruary 29, 2012
GTA is a great Geo-technoloy company in the Tri-state area area DC. Their techs are knowledgeable in their field/