GEO Care, LLC. Employee Reviews

GeoCare llc is a joke
Psychiatric Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 23, 2018
They try to act professional but they are a mickey mouse organization with little to no ethics. They pay absolutely horrible and demand way too much from their employees that will work and demand little to nothing from those that wont but they all get paid the same.
GEO Sergeant
Shift Supervisor (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2018
I supervised officers on the shift. Assigned shift details. Communicated with the Hospital administrator of the clients behavior. Escorted the patients to other Forensic hospitals.
stressful place to work
Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 9, 2018
Work was very stressful due to working with patients or inmates with cognitive impairments. had to risk being assaulted on a daily basis. turnover rate is high....easy to get terminated
Pros
plenty over time
Cons
easy to get terminated
Fair Employer
Manager of Quality Management (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 25, 2017
This is a great organization , embraces diversity. The only reason I left was due to relocation away from the area. The facilities are pristine and co-workers are like family.
Pros
free parking
Cons
negligile
excellent psychology team
Clinical Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 11, 2017
Enjoyed working with the psychologists on staff and the practicum students and interns. The hospital has an excellent working team; however, rarely felt safe walking on the campus and inside the residences of the patients.
One of the best jobs I've ever had.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 24, 2017
Working bedside with mental health patients was rewarding and a great learning experience for me. I would recommend this job to others seeking to work with mental health patients.
It is family oriented as for staff that works on the floor.
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Florida City, FLMay 25, 2017
I have been working for this company for a long time and after so long of working in this environment it has really affected me mentally and emotionally. I notice at times I have outburst towards my others I have constant headaches, and the population had gotten a lot worse than it was some time ago. It's not such a bad place to work but i would not recommend long term employment and also management is very bad when it comes to speaking up for the staff.
Pros
none for me but maybe the employee recognition for others
Cons
management, structure, confidentially
working for GEO
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 2, 2017
Typical day at work was get thing because it was short staff. what I learn from working at GEO is the Health code for patients with health problems. the management was very reasonable with the hours and duties. different ethic background back nothing new to learn from culture from the people I worked with. Hardest part of the job was cutting food with knives strap down to the table for safety reasons. not enjoyable at all was kind of dull.
a job for pay
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 12, 2016
it;s a job. typical work day is very busy I learned how to assit doctors with patient information. This is a slow learning company. management is very laid back. the co employers are hard workers and the hardest job was to sit in front of monitoring camera for 4 hours. the most enjoyable is not working on weekends
Great workplace
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 28, 2016
Great workplace if your looking to gain knowledge on working with difficult people but also becoming a pro at handling them. I had the greatest pleasure working and learning new things at this company everyday.
Violent location
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FL 33034April 25, 2016
Violent psychiatric patients that are allowed to get away with assaults on staff with no consequences. Understaffed and limited on its performance of its mission.
Generally a very good learning experience!
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 14, 2016
I learned alot at this position that I might not have otherwise obtained and I am very greatful to my colleagues for assisting me when I needed it!
Pros
Very professional work environment
Cons
Not much room for advancement in my department
Interesting place to work if interested in Mental Health
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Typically I administered medications to patients on the different units, did minor assessments of medical complaints when notified by either the patient or one of the techs, and transcribing new medication orders.
Pros
Able to work with my school schedule.
Cons
Was laid of with very little notice due to the company no longer hiring LVN's
ok
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2015
usually very busy. Patients acting up and MHT would be required to keep the peace. It was a stressful place to be, always alert and on guard staff's safety always unpredictable, due to the population we catered to.
Pros
good Job benefits
Cons
staff have no job security
interesting enviroment
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 26, 2015
Different situations, awesome co-workers. I enjoy being part of the team. I don't mind the overtime. Salary could be more.
Frustrating
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indiantown, FLAugust 20, 2015
Once Was good place to work but, changed Facility Administrator and no longer that way. Hard to get things done. There more paper work involved to get things fixed then should be. my co-workers are great. Upper management is bad. Getting things done for the lack of support. Repairing and maintaining the facility is enjoyable
GEO Care
MHT (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLAugust 18, 2015
This is a great job. I would recommend this job for to anyone looking to become a mental health tech. This facilliaty was great place for advancement.
Productive place to learn new skills
mental health tech (Current Employee) –  florida city, flJuly 20, 2015
You will def learn something new everyday as far as handling irate patients and learning skills that could defuse a situation
Okay
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLJuly 20, 2015
The company provides okay rating of improvement but the safety of the employers are greatly at risk. While employment several employees were injured due to lack of security measurements and that alone is not a great policy for the facility.
Pros
Cons
break locations and the safety of the employees
great co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Indiantown, FLMay 21, 2015
Management is more concerned with money than the safety of their employes. put alot of work on some departments becouse other fall short in their duties. most of the employes are great the Dr.s really care for the residents.
Pros
lots of activites
Cons
safety

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEO Care, LLC.. Our community is ready to answer.