Geo Reentry Employee Reviews

Lesson Learned
PROGRAM COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 4, 2019
It was very stressful. A lot of micromanagement. It was fast paced. It is a very restrictive environment. There was not enough hours in a day. Manager has poor interpersonal skills.
A horrible place to work
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I worked here for a number of years until they hired a unprofessional,messy, rude, Human Resources Clerk. This is also a racist place to work. There's no stability at this place workers are always changing. There is no way to accurately count the residents. Management sucks from the Facility Director on down. No lunch breaks unless you're a Case Manager. Monitors dont get breaks.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Do not work for geo!! They have not paid me
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COJanuary 11, 2019
Do not work for this company. They shorted my last check by 40 hours and the check they sent me to pay me that didn't clear my bank or theirs. 1/11/2019
Horrible work environment
Security monitor (Former Employee) –  Colorado springs, coloradoDecember 21, 2018
Basically, only good thing is the benefits. Everything from how supervisors to staff to management was a massive joke. Other employees acted like they where in highschool and failed to maintain professionalism. Gossip was rampant with management refusing to officially handle the situation. They allowed the offenders to get away with murder but were strict with employees. Never bothered trying to address the fact that we lost so many people within a week and how the facility was constantly understaffed. Whole place is just a pure joke!
AVOID THIS JOKE OF A FACILITY!
Benefits
Cons
Everything, atmosphere, management, employees, work culture.
Obtained experience
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 19, 2018
It was a good job experience for my resume. Work was a fast learning environment. Many rules that needed to be learned fast and applied to the job. Work was also repetitive, once you knew your duties within the job description the shift should be running smooth.
Its a good place for entering
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 17, 2018
There is not place for advancement or pay growth. Its a very busy enviorment and dangerous. Do not power struggle with the clients or it can put in a bad situations.
Wouldn’t recommend
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 11, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend working at this office. Management wasn’t too keen on many things. Butted heads with my boss quite often. I could never explain my situation without the boss inputting their say and refusing to allow me to speak.
Poor Management and unprofessional
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2018
The management portrays unprofessional and cut throat behavior. The way the treat certain employees is unacceptable and should be looked in to. The job is stressful, but management should set better examples and create a positive working environment.
Pros
Benefits, Co-Workers
Cons
Poor Management, Treated Unfairly
You must know and respect the Urban Culture to successfully work at the facility.
Operations Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 19, 2018
It is extremely hard to get a promotion due to favoritism and lack of the new management not caring for their staff. Staff are reassigned, lay offs were being enforced with the SAME job description being advertised.
Pros
25 days vacation after 5 years of service.
Cons
You cannot plan personal events due to the mandation process.
Geo reentry
Program Counselor/Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2018
Hardest part of the job is the paper work, job is very quick paced. Human resource staff do not really seem to be on top of things. So you definitely have to pay attention to everything.
Poor
Security Monitor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 7, 2018
I will start off and say, there’s good experience by working with residents (inmates) if criminal justice is your field of study then it’s a good stepping stone, but if it is not do not work here because management suck. Management treat the employees bad. This company is horrible. GEO does not know how to run a business. They treated staff like they were nothing. Very unprofessional and low paid for how much work we did.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Low paid
Nice place to work
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
Busy fast paced environment to work in. Friendly, and down to earth staff. It's taught me to be opened minded and non-bias. Change is possible for each individual who is willing to apply themselves.
Poor work ethic
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 22, 2018
Prior to the facility changing ownership or changing names the facility in my state was by CEC but same directors and staff was too poor of training, hours were bad due to lack of employee retention and call ins on a daily basis. Worse fact was the staff was majority white and residents were 90% native American so staff treated residents and other non white employees differently and not as equals in the work place. Pay was mediocre 10. An hour. No PTO, or federal holidays or paid federal holiday, or any type of holiday pay.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No breaks, no PTO no federal holidays or holiday pay
Stressful
Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCSeptember 9, 2018
This is a very stressful work environment because of manager. Manager does not treat all co*workers the same. Manager is controlling type of style No support for employees. Work load is extreme for each person. Needs two more people to support work load. 8 people cover 170 clients in full detail with classes, case management, and counseling. Heavy workload to meet deadlines and client needs.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Lunch is the only break.
Looking to learn new things
Asst. Manager Of Chemicals (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 6, 2018
My current job is decent but I am looking to switch to a more productive work environment. My co-workers are superb, the hardest part is not having enough overtime.
Pros
Safe work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Very negative work environment
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 26, 2018
This place is a whole joke. Enjoyed working with peers but, management was especially Human Resources was very unprofessional. Unsafe they allowed residents to smoke illegal drugs without consequences to any of their actions on a daily basis.
Pros
Paid bi-weekly
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Overall GEO is a great place to work for
Receptionist/Transportation (Current Employee) –  Lawndale, CAMay 29, 2018
Fast paced environment serving parolees getting out of prison, and those already out of prison. Providing safe and clean living conditions, and providing various groups to enable the parolee to function in society.
Pros
low stress
Cons
sometimes there can be up to 10 clients waiting for processing
Joke of a ran down building
Counseloe (Former Employee) –  Arnold, PAMay 17, 2018
The pay rate is horrific considering you are required a degree to be a program counselor. The disrespectful staff and overall lack of support and help from supervisors does not make time easier. Residents are either smoking K2, lying or running the street meanwhile staff considers it to be your fault. Out of 50+ guys, one person will have majority of residents on their caseload while the supervisor gets PTO vacation weeks and 4 work days.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Staff, residents, pay, fear of other coworkers
It's hard at times but ok
Monitor 1 (Current Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSFebruary 27, 2018
if you have a good working crew then your days would go smooth,
The management not bad . At times when you come into work you never know who is working, because you have to many people calling in, and it makes it hard to work without the proper staff.
The best job I have ever had
SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR/CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2018
Of all the jobs I have worked, I have never experienced such a corporate attitude that is so warm generous and caring. I worked there for 5 years and regret the day I left. These people promote and push you to be all you can be with the company.
Pros
Everything. They afforded you to use your creativity and work with autonomy.
Cons
It was contract and the contract ran out..