Geo Reentry

Geo Reentry Employee Reviews

United States74 reviews
This company has changed since I worked there, but the Office I worked in located in Charlotte, NC was a great place to work at unless the manger was not in the office. On days the manger was not in the office, the other team member did not follow protocol. Which in turn turned me off to working for the company.
This company boasts they’re great to work for but you as an employee are undervalued and grossly underpaid for the work you do and all miscellaneous situations you put up with from the criminals. Nine times out of the the guys coming out of prison treat you with more respect than your peers.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Poor pay, poor work life balance, horrible management, terrible healthcare, no peer support
GEO group is a for profit company which puts their bottom line before the individuals who they are to serve. Rather than ensuring resident needs are met, they figure out any way to avoid their responsibilities while appearing as if they are doing what is expected. Serious security issues exist in terms of resident substance use and overdoses including several fatalities either at the facility or shortly after release. Staffing is insufficient for the number of individuals served. Clinical staff is often expected to perform security functions rather than therapeutic work and while working as a team is important, when it interferes with doing the job function which you were hired to do it is not acceptable. General population residents have little to no programming offered to them on site causing a lack of structure in the individuals lives on their journey of reentry. Mental health program needs are often overlooked by upper management as it is a small program within a larger facility. Professional staff often failed to document fully what is happening for each resident on a regular basis causing lack of communication within the program which created potential problems if staff were asked to assist in another program. Yet, in spite of all these issues it was very enjoyable working with the actual residents of the mental health program and help them in the journey from incarceration back into society. This program was the shining star of the facility with caring professional staff who worked diligently to provide positive programming to help the individuals in their lives.
Pros
Flexibility of scheduling in mental health program
Cons
Lack of respect by upper management and general unprofessional workplace
Pros-staff worked with passion for participants to make a change.

Cons-security manager & director had to much power and had problems with authority.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
You find out within your first week that almost no one enforces the rules the inmates need to follow. Those that used to care will tell you to stop caring because, "It's a losing battle." The place is a joke, the pay is a joke, and the inmates consider security a joke as they continue to break rules and smuggke drugs inside. STEAR CLEAR OF THIS PLACE.
Supportive and compassionate upper leadership. Strong team spirit promoted and supported by leadership. Many opportunities for professional development.
Great team work within the company at different locations. Good benefits and weekends off. No overtime availability. Pay could be a little higher but the do like to compensate.
Job its self was rewarding and if you don't mind being overworked and getting paid little , this is the job for you. Great straight out of college job
More structure and professionalism needs to be instilled at the San Bernardino Reentry location Region 4 . Management is more focused on decorating office and making friends . Staff are given policies and procedures to abide by however if your apart of the in crowds it’s ok to not follow policies. Random drug testing needs to be implemented ASAP.
HR is aware however nothing is done.
Pros
Salary for some and location
Cons
Favoritism / Nepotism/ unprofessionalism / no room for advancement if your not the in crowd
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Geo Reentry?
This company takes the bare minimum on everything. No current teaching lessons, no office materials, no mgt support, and DOC officers treat you worse then the inmates.
Ok I don’t want to sound too negative but here’s the deal. It’s not a career oriented company and professionalism is hard to find. If your fresh out of college needing a resume builder then this is a good start if no one else is hiring. Limited opportunities for growth. Keep looking unless you are starving.
Horrible , Un believable Bad !! , absolutely the worst job experience ever !! , Assistant director , director , Human resource lady , chief of security !! All of them are An embarrassment !! My advice is Stay away !!
I wasnt there long but this could be the right job, helping the community is the goal but the management and lack there of hinders. Could be the worst management duo Ive ever encountered. Negativity is their game and spewing it around the building was their game. Petty and mean to staff and clients, if your unhappy at the job why not find a new one. It seems theyd rather stay and make the staff miserable. Very very high turnover rate, I know why now
A typical day at this job will break a weak or greedy individual. You must be head strong to work in this type of environment. You must be strong enough not to compromise yourself or the resident. You must be aware of some street tactics these residents use to pull you in to them. For me in the end it is a rewarding job; but due to the pay and some key safety issues I'm just not sure.
I work for the mental health part of GEO, and I have to say I do love my job. My direct supervisor is very flexible and understanding. I enjoy working at the site I work at
Training was too detailed and long for qualified professionals. Trainers for the most part were often rude and did not want participation from staff in class.
Job is suitable for a BA level staffer as a first job and NOT for a credentialed experienced professional.
Perfect job, people, enviroment, I love it but I can't pay my bills in the mountains and the raises are anticlamatic. I have the opportunity to encourage and learn so much.
The company provides many opportunities for promotion which includes relocation assistance. Newly promoted staff will attend weekly specialized training to ensure job requirements are meet.
As a former employee I can honestly say, if they just paid more, they would keep more people. Other than that, it's a solid experience to have and they excellent training practices.
I loved working with the clients. I enjoyed the individual and group sessions. It was great working with a specific group of individuals who benefited from my help. The management team needs training.
Not a good company to work for. They low ball you by giving a poor salary for the work that you do. If you wanna advance in this company then you must be a brown noser.