GEODIS Employee Reviews

Found 956 reviews matching the search See all 1,337 reviews
mamagement
N.a (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GANovember 16, 2018
Two supervisors were making fun of someone who had a disability that is so unprofessional . They hardly train new employees it's left up to the people on the floor to train their new hires
Pros
na
Cons
unorganized poor communication lack of judgement
Great Company to work at
Regional HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NJNovember 12, 2018
I loving family. Greath work ethics. Great place to grow and expand. Geodis as a whole is a wonderful place to work at . If, I wasnt moving I would have definitly stayed.
Short time
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 10, 2018
I worked with OHL for a short period of time. The time was spent trying to get a feel for the environment. I came to the conclusion that the environment wasn't a fit for me.
Good
Contract Services for Industrial & Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the team-mates I work with. Great experience and great job performance. Management team in involve with daily productive with operators.
Pros
Free lunch & shirts
Okay job
General Handyman and Mechanics (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 7, 2018
It was okay, it just need higher pay. There weren’t any complains though. I wouldn’t be able to live off of this type of job though. Maybe if I was a higher position I would.
Decent place to learn about logistics, long wait to be on-board permanently.
H&M/Domestic Admin (Current Employee) –  elkgrove villageNovember 5, 2018
This company has great people and opportunities. The only thing I really dislike is how much they prolong the hiring/on boarding process. You wait over 5+ months in order to hired permanently.
productive and fun
Freight Forwarder (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 1, 2018
When I'm at work, every morning is the same routine. i learned a lot theres such as break bulk, emailing, filing, billing, etc. The management was great, and the people i worked with were very nice. my office over looked a pond and i could see geese and sometimes cranes. we could hear the planes go off once in a while and sometimes it was peacful to go out side and watch them take off. my most favorite part of my job were the people i got to work with. a lot of them were very nice but the hardest part of it was leaving what i loved to do.
Pros
nice people to work with
Horrendous Work/Life Balance
Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 1, 2018
Can't speak for the rest of the company, however, that being said I must say that the work to life ratio is nearly in the negative. I feel as though I rarely see my family as much as I would like to. Compensation is fairly competitive, the benefits are pretty status quo. Not necessarily bad as a career, especially if you are a single individual. Overall, I must say that I really like the company, it's my job that I dislike.
Pros
Compensation is competitve for the region, benefits are standard, company cares about its employees so long as they're at work
Cons
Work/life balance, management is rather incompetent concerning job duties
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJOctober 30, 2018
n/a was a temp agency so only temp work they didn't really have career advancement you get picked up by van get straight to work some people are really rude
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Employer
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Geodis before they merged with OHL. Plenty of advancement and room for growth. The benefits and employees were awesome. The management always supported me
Unique Opportunity
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNOctober 25, 2018
Great place to work! I had great time learning and training with a new startup and working closely with different vendors. My joy was knowing my employees were happy.
Very poor management and work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILOctober 25, 2018
Promotions are based on The Who you know systems. Most managers are in position they are not qualified for making a very hostile work environment. upper Manager cuss, scream and have even physically hit employees. HR is a joke they do nothing about these behaviors. No training, long hours.
Pros
Cons
Management, work life balance
Great job, needed better pay
Shipping Clerk/Task Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 16, 2018
this was an a amazing job, that i absolutely love, however the pay rate was incredibly low for the position i held. I was data entry shipping clerk with a base rate of $11/hr which was not nearly enough to get by.
Fast paced
Picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNOctober 15, 2018
Fast paced work environment when picking but a little more laid back if packing. They have great management that will help you whenever you ask. A very diversified labor force.
fast passed
ACH Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
A good place to work if you can handle stress. The people there were a good group to work with but management needed more training and people skills. Benefits were not the best but the company was going through a lot of changes.
Geodis
Internship (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 11, 2018
My time at GEODIS was wonderful. They treat everybody fairly and everyone is motivated to put maximum effort in to their work. I would highly recommend a career here
Sought out great events to engage the team
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 10, 2018
A very structured company. I met with my team daily to review staffing, volume, safety, and training opportunities. I learned to maximize a small team to get maximum output. I learned the importance of cross training, as well as the importance of understanding each function. The hardest part of the job is focusing the culture.
A Fast Growing Company
Assistant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NJOctober 9, 2018
GEODIS is located in multiple states and they are a fast growing company. Most of the accounts (especially Apparel) have "Peak" seasons and require employees to work a lot of hours. This is great for those that want to earn OT. Overall, the company is a good company to work for.
Productive, competitive place to work.
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 9, 2018
I was never notified about a Merger or Acquisition involving GEODIS, as it relates to my work history. If GEODIS is a staffing agency, it is new to me. I need to do a search on GEODIS so I can get better informed, and be more appreciative of them.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Good company
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2018
Good location. Close to public transportation. Large work crew. Plenty of parking. Near other factories. Lockers for your belongings. Training on site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEODIS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight