GEODIS

GEODIS Employee Reviews

United States2,266 reviews

Found 2,266 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,574 reviews
ohlhourbenefitemployeewarehousecustomworkertrain

Great company with lots of room for growth potential

Featured review

GEODIS selected this as a representative review
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily value added impact you can make as a leader of your business. Like anywhere, management can be hit or miss.

Official response from GEODIS

September 21, 2021
Thank you for taking your time to write about GEODIS! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing you enjoy GEODIS and feel impactful day to day!

Good job, good pay

I truly enjoyed the time I spent here. Opportunity for advancement and growth. Attendance policy is great and even better pay. Anytime I needed to speak with a supervisor or manager, I felt like I was heard and not just a number.

GEODIS insights

Based on 1,370 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun place to work/ competitive

This job was good to have during covid times. There were many different incentives and pay ended up being $20 an hour after it was supposed to be $17. The only thing I didn’t like was the fact you had to work 6 days out the week mandatory and sundays were optional. The hours were at least 10 hour shifts and OT was mandatory. On the bright side, everyone got free items every month of items the warehouse packs/ships.

The people are nice and organized

I like this place but it's to far for meThese Supervisor always helps when you need is a good place ,sometimes on break they give us free food people really nice

Pros

Cons

The bad things break is not enough for 12 hours shift

Like working in a sweat shop

Someone had a heat stroke my first day. They were left in an aisle for over an hour before anyone noticed. Managers aren't monitoring work. Work atmosphere is absolutely horrendous. 100 plus degrees. It was horrible. They don't tell you ant of that before you start working.

Best warehouse I've worked in

Geodis has been a blessing in my life and presents opportunity for growth within the company if you're willing to do the work and wait for positions to become available.

Epj operator

It's a nice place to work if you wanna advance .. but good luck getting days off in advance if you don't have pto but they pay well weekly . And offer great benefits

Pros

Pay

Cons

Request days off

Productive when it’s busy…

Good pay. The work is okay. The people are cool. The managers and supervisors have favorites and don’t get on certain people when they aren’t working.

Great team

My team and my manager are all supportive and we all have each other’s back. Major support for me while working and doing school full time. All are open to each other’s cultures and we really treat each other like family

Great Culture with Fair Compensation

Great team of professionals at management level that work together under a culture of creating opportunities for customers, employees and the company through a strong focus on operational excellence and great engagement with all people.

It's a great work environment

The pay not what it's supposed to be you make more being a temporary employee than a full time worker I went in making 19.00 as a temp worker when I rolled over my pay went down 4 dollars

Terrible management

Terrible management shows favoritism as well if you have a problem they could care less and don’t appreciate you as a worker. Also, doesn’t protect you as a worker don’t care how your treated by other employees at all .

Structured and competitive pay

Benefits could be enhanced. there is plenty of room for advancement as long as you are willing to learn and follow the processes. Good leadership and friendly environment.

Pros

Processes

Cons

Long hours during peak

Something different each day

It may seem like the same thing but they worked with you and help you grow. They were good to the employees of the company. They had the ot to give if you wanted it.

Pros

Lunch breaks.

TrAsh

Poor communication, management, & leadership. Consistent schedule changes and failure to properly train new hires for tasks. Overall bad place to work unless u really need money

Productive and easy workplace.

Very easy work positions to learn and do. Management is always helpful and they motivate you every morning to accomplish company goals. The bad thing is you never know when overtime might hit so do not plan anything.

Pros

Food truck, paid holidays.

Cons

Short break/lunch. Short notice of overtime.

Geodis has been the worst company i have worked for

They lie to you to get you in the door and will tell you what you wanna hear. I was a team lead and right off the bat they lowered my pay saying what was offered was a typo thats within the first week. Then as a lead management gave no back up so employees just got to do whatever they wanted since they didn’t have to listen to any leads

Cons

No training no help from management

Awful management, could care less about employees or their concerns, pay was hardly reasonable with no sign on bonus for how hard they work you.

Some of the worst management I've ever seen at a job, did not premote a sense of teamwork or good spirit, absolutely awful people, will never work there again.

The management that I mainly dealt with made me feel like I was "beneath" them.

No training material to refer back to. I felt like a scapegoat for the management for errors that I unknowingly made since I was not given proper training.

They worship the metrics.

Metrics, metrics, metrics. No matter what the circumstances they worship the metrics. MHE down? Don't care. Scanners down? Don't care. People out? Don't care.

Not fun and very boring. They need monthly incentives. Perhaps a BBQ or donut day. Something needs to change.

My overall review as a employee working here is that it's very dark gloomy not very friendly I believe that if there was more monthly and CV that production would go up I also believe that if there was a quarterly barbecues with giveaways don't it days something just to say thank you to the hard-working employees here besides a small paycheck in order to get a decent paycheck you have to work a lot of overtime and you have no family time that's not fair

Common questions about GEODIS

Answered by current and former employees at GEODIS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEODIS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight