GEODIS Employee Reviews

Found 1,162 reviews matching the search See all 1,984 reviews
it's a descent place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 17, 2019
My experience working for Geodis is mixed, as working in certain areas was descent. Good coworkers, good atmosphere, cool managers, While other areas were very demanding, doing your best and being the hardest worker will not get you anywhere in this company. the paid time off was accumulated by days worked, depending on how long you have been there.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
lack of advancement opportunity
Geodis
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INFebruary 15, 2019
Experiences can vary based on the building and account that you work.Some accounts are fast paced some are chill. There is a variety of different shifts available.
Pros
Different shifts available. Employee engagement for hourly associates
Cons
work/life balance during multiple peaks throughout year, group think.
Hi-Lo Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 15, 2019
I really Like the Job but it was only Temp.Work enviorment was good people were as well management was great and organized. I never had trouble taking instruction because they explained in details and also show how they expected things to look
a chill ralxed work place
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 14, 2019
typical work day is pretty hill with music on while you work. everybody's very friendly and motivating and encouraging through out the day. the hardest part of the job when you first start is getting to know the whole process of the picking. management is very professional and understandable to your problems they run a great business. mos enjoyable part is the people you get to know and the family you become there.
Pros
everything
Cons
short breaks
Geodis is an ok place to work
Regional Network and Desktop Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day is 10 to 12 hours
I learned a lot of different technologies
Direct Manager is great (Director level not so much)
Workplace culture is great
The hardest part of this job is work life balance. Region is constantly growing requiring more and more hours with no more compensation.
Everyday is a new challenge and a new opportunity to shine but, no reward for it.
Pros
Great people locally. New challenges. Exciting
Cons
directors, no salary growth as the company grows
To much childs play with young adults
Kitting (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 10, 2019
I truly did like my Manager there but the employees had their own clicks, I did not care about that I tried to be kind and I worked VERY HARD AT MY JOB FOR WHAT I DID, Another Employee SHOULD NEVER BOAST AT ANOTHER PERSON WHEN THEY WHERE TOLD A LIE.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
To much cursing, No one did not help each other only if you was in their click !!!
Don’t work here
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INFebruary 8, 2019
The job itself is easy and it wouldn’t be that bad if upper management had any idea what they were doing. No one is promoted based on ability. One day I could work 5 hours then the next 12. Never occurred to anyone in charge to just stay the rest of the day and get a jump on tomorrow. Pretty much if something made sense management would do the opposite. They’d rather run a skeleton crew into the ground than provide a full staff. Everyone is just a number, everyone is replaceable. The ones who actually do the work are never recognized. By far the worse job I’ve ever had.
Pros
None.
Cons
I could write a book
Daily tasks
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2019
Working with the carriers can be very stressful. You will be proud of your work and want to strive for more. The management is highly involved but there is no micro-managment
easy going
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2019
busy, fast passed no time to breath type of job. also friendly and helpful employees. always motivated fun loving group of people to work with. would never change the experience.
Amazing company to work for
AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 6, 2019
I love Geodis I wish you all would hire me back. It’s a very great company to work for and it’s a lot of promotion involved with this company. The pay is amazing and benefits as well.
It was an easy fun work environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2019
The hardest part of the day for me was picking at a rate. It was very easy to adapt to cause they also helped to achieve tour goal at geodis. Even if you wanted to go for another position
eh
Pit Operator (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 5, 2019
could be a lot better. management really lack proper leadership and don't take proper initiative. very often get told that things will get done or you'll receive a response but never happens.
Pros
easy jobs
Cons
management
Lack of hours after Peak
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 5, 2019
Not getting full time hours since peak ended. Feeling deceived by local management regarding my job. No guarantee that you will get 40 hours per week.. Medical plan is with United Healthcare with poor coverage.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Too much micro-managing
right vision, wrong time
OPERATIONAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 5, 2019
shared vision of the company and myself but just wasn't the right fit at this time. Still looking internally for the correct opportunity, Seems like the as a corporation they have have a gameplan.
Great Coworkers but bad management
CSR (Current Employee) –  NVFebruary 1, 2019
I love all of my coworkers and the community we have built here at Geodis however, it doesn't make up for what the company is lacking when it comes to pay, lack of advancement, hours and favoritism. When we are busy we can work 12 hours a day at least 5 days a week with the start times constantly changing depending on the day and workload. You never know what time you will be coming in or when you will be getting off until the day before. Scheduling is a joke many times as they always change it. You will do many different jobs within the week or even within the work day. This variety can be nice but it can also be stressful and inefficient. Proper training is rarely given for picking especially with the new hires being penalized for mistakes they were never taught were mistakes. Management does help out on the floor which is a very big plus. You can find the managers blasting orders or picking up trash. That is awesome but unfortunately they lack is so many other areas. The pay is not competitive at all for the area. We are paid $3-$10 less than other warehouses in the city. When they did their "competitive wage increase" they raised the pay a little bit but only for newer employees. If someone who has worked here for 10 years had finally reached the level the new hires were getting paid then they did not receive a raise at all. Our most loyal workers do not get any additional compensation or recognition. If fact most of the new employees will be making more money than the veterans within 6 months. They do not reward loyalty here. The benefits are okay but nothing great with  more... high deductibles. Promotion only happens if you are a favorite. No one is promoted based on qualifications but who they know. They don't want anyone with an opinion that goes against their own even if it would improve the company. Overall I would not recommend this job to anyone except maybe as a summer job for a college student living at home with no real bills.  less
Pros
Management helps out on the floor
Cons
bad pay, favoritism, discrimination, lack of consistancy and appreciation
Good WorkPlace
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 30, 2019
A great organization stresses teamwork while still encouraging individual achievement and creativity. Great small business owners and managers have the ability to blend the individual talents of their staff members into a team concept.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
2nd shift
easy job but terrible a company
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILJanuary 26, 2019
the management is really the biggest problem there most of them didn't care about employees or their job. i felt totally unappreciated working there and would never get a chance to move up in the company
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
bad managment
Fast place
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Is ok the work is not that hard is just you have to be fast with your hands . I like working at geodis because it make my day go by fast because u so besty
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Health care
Just my opinion...
Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2019
At first I thought it was an ok place to work at. Then after years past by, it started to become just a job. I do my job and I do it well but when you start to feel unappreciative that’s when it was enough. Everyone is irreplaceable in this place! There’s favoritism and discrimination, so there’s no room for growth. Management does not treat employees equally!
Pros
I met some nice people.
Cons
Too many too count
Fun
Picker (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 15, 2019
The only thing I would change is the lack of work but other than that it's an awesome company to work for and they have several buildings the one I work for just doesn't have enough work it's based off online orders.
Pros
Benefits games music raffels free food on occasion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEODIS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight